3rd BL Map suggestion (with "drawing")

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Since we get the Desert BL back in rotation with Alpine, I though (as were always 3 colours) to get up a third one.
So what do we got yet? Alpine and tundra. And desert with jungle. So whats missing? Well I thought of something urban!
It would have less open field, but expandable with crop fields etc. I thought of a mixture of Ebonhawke and the Urban Battleground fractal. I also have drawn a map, just edited those 2 maps a little together.
Before you take a look at the map: I wanted it to be wider, so theres more place for fights but also the experience of narrow streets. Of course houses should be not able to be entered, the possibility to climb the roofs should be limited to a minimum. I DIDNT pay attention to that in the drawing just to waste no time (just a 5min job). It could still get expanded with space and more camps. And also somehow 2 keeps can be added instead of those 2 towers on the side which can be moved somewhere else.

Explainations:
Home Spawn: Should be like a cave south of keep with entrance to the city through a tunnel (which enemies cant enter like a regular spawn). Preferably have 2-3 tunnels to prevent spawncamping (large tunnels, not like the Pangloss Camp).

The Keep:
Like a Hugeass-Tower Lordroom on Top, wide spiral staircase leading there (radius should be big enough to have many people being able to walk there). On the ground there could be sth like the lobby in Stonemist (where lord is) but being protected by a gate. The stairs then lead to the Lordroom which can be 2 stores above (where the mystic forge in SM is). I think there shouldnt be open windows since the tower would be high and being able to treb almost everything.

Camps & Tower: I think those are selfexplaining. The capture of the market should be one of the main goals to upgrade stuff, so the market should be big enough to let 3 blobs fight in there without scratching the surrounding houses.

Short: we have one huge map (DBL) a middle sized one (ABL) and why not a smaller one (Dunno about a name, Battle of the Capitol? eh, no I dont know).

Let me know what you think, it was just a wild idea.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Aury.1367

Wait what, I wasnt the only one with that idea? Crap.
But there it looks like the whole city is the keep, I want the city to be the battlefield

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Check the date of my post

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Narrow streets = too boxy= what players raged about with the DBL.
On top of houses and such = vertical= what many players raged about with the DBL.

What players have been asking for = more open map, direct routes, less vertical, keeping players engaged in nonstop combat, not preventing it with too many obstacles.

• Need a map where the objectives have strategic value to other objectives on the map and can be attacked from numerous directions and methods to maximize strategic options.
  • Need a map that keeps players engaged in strategic, challenging fun nonstop PvP action the majority time they are on the map. ( That is why direct routes and fewer obstacles is important,as melee classes have to be able to play just as well as ranged)
  • Need a map that focuses on how each class plays in every area and objective. How that zone enhances every play style, including all classes, and style such as roamer, havoc and zerg. ( why less boxy, less vertical is important)

Melee classes are at a disadvantage when they cannot have direct path to targets, all areas of the map should be equally playable by all classes in a PvP game mode.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

The only problem with allowing players to decide which map is it turns into a popularity contest, or what looks cool and not necessarily what is actually most playable.
The most important thing about the map is the player experience. Straight out of spawn. What may be the most fun to play on may look like crap from a drawing of it .haha

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Aury.1367

Narrow streets = too boxy= what players raged about with the DBL.
On top of houses and such = vertical= what many players raged about with the DBL.

What players have been asking for = more open map, direct routes, less vertical, keeping players engaged in nonstop combat, not preventing it with too many obstacles.

• Need a map where the objectives have strategic value to other objectives on the map and can be attacked from numerous directions and methods to maximize strategic options.
  • Need a map that keeps players engaged in strategic, challenging fun nonstop PvP action the majority time they are on the map. ( That is why direct routes and fewer obstacles is important,as melee classes have to be able to play just as well as ranged)
  • Need a map that focuses on how each class plays in every area and objective. How that zone enhances every play style, including all classes, and style such as roamer, havoc and zerg. ( why less boxy, less vertical is important)

Melee classes are at a disadvantage when they cannot have direct path to targets, all areas of the map should be equally playable by all classes in a PvP game mode.

Ye I wanted to explain that it shouldnt be possible to climb houses, not like it is possible at the moment in the city right now. It should be limited to one groundlevel fights.

The Map shouldnt include book-carts or obstructive stuff lying around. Planted trees, ok. But wide streets, only without the possiblity of not falling down (since no mountains like DBL) and not getting stomped from above. No vertical drop portals etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

So basically you are trying to say WvW players just want one large, empty, boring map, maybe with a couple trees, some spawn protection, and then barren fields for blob content?

Hellz no. I play WvW because it mixes the pve with some decent, ancient, Castle-type warfare. If I want nonstop combat, I can go hate life in pvp.

I like the city idea because it reminds me of Assassins Creed. However, have to be wary of folks pulling you to your death. So a good mix of all the things. But narrow passageways are never fun because they just get filed with traps and other nasty aoes.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

When you’re creating maps keep some things in mind.
There needs to be 3 ways out of a spawn for every side.
There needs to be an equal amount of camps, towers, keeps as the other borderlands, so it provides the same total ppt.
Every capture area needs to have a purpose attached to them, whether it’s keeps that hold your spawn points, or towers that allow you to siege other structures or provide buffs or give access to other areas.
Need some open areas to promote fights, even tunnels and lane ways should be big enough for a zerg to run through and not have things like the camera be obstructive, ebg has a lot of good examples of these.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Aury.1367

What? I explained that narrow + wide streets give the feeling of an urban battlefield. The combination of both could be attractive.
Adding fields etc. gives great room for fights such as market places and crop fields.
As I said: The drawing is just the raw example, the overall map/city should be bigger with more room but also some narrow passages.

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Actually the Ebon map would probably work fairly well, all the have to do is make it that you cannot build Arrow Carts, to promote more actual battles in the narrow path ways.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

When you’re creating maps keep some things in mind.
There needs to be 3 ways out of a spawn for every side.
There needs to be an equal amount of camps, towers, keeps as the other borderlands, so it provides the same total ppt.
Every capture area needs to have a purpose attached to them, whether it’s keeps that hold your spawn points, or towers that allow you to siege other structures or provide buffs or give access to other areas.
Need some open areas to promote fights, even tunnels and lane ways should be big enough for a zerg to run through and not have things like the camera be obstructive, ebg has a lot of good examples of these.

I agree EBG is the best map to use as a template for how it should be done. It is important to remember that big fights need to be able to happen at all places on the map. There should not be anywhere on the map in a large scale PvP zone that big fights cannot take place in a large scale PvP game mode. EBG does this well. Narrow areas such as the halls of SMC are kept to a minimum, and most of the map is very open and direct.

EBG keeps players in the action moreso than the other maps.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

What? I explained that narrow + wide streets give the feeling of an urban battlefield. The combination of both could be attractive.
Adding fields etc. gives great room for fights such as market places and crop fields.
As I said: The drawing is just the raw example, the overall map/city should be bigger with more room but also some narrow passages.

but but.. I don’t want a stinky dirty rat infested city.. I want flower gardens, Lush green grass, butterflies, rainbows and unicorns EVERYWHERE!! XD

My unicorn finisher would look so pretty there. Oh and kittens of course. There needs to be kittens.

( Ignoring the fact I cannot smell the city through my monitor of course)

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

That’s Ebonhawk,and it’s a very small map for WvW.
Seems more suitable for a battleground or GvG match.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Aury.1367

That’s Ebonhawk,and it’s a very small map for WvW.
Seems more suitable for a battleground or GvG match.

read what I wrote above of the picture.