4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

This has been a good read while I’m at home sick.

I’m at work sick, man up matey!!!!

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Hi guy I’m new to the game and was wondering if TC could give me some pointers on how to zerg. Sometimes I don’t know where to follow the big blue dot and it gets my brain all confused and then I have to take advil and man that’s a drag! So I was wondering when I’m in a zerg how can I make it so that I press the auto attack very fast so I can dominate everyone??

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

And then we all compliment each other on how good we look wearing Green.
Green is lovely in the spring.

I’m partial to green myself. I’ll take an invite to the next one. It’ll have to be in divinity’s reach to put the TC minds at ease.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

No it’s not a jibe or chest thump, just an observation, FA’s strength is reset weekend, which seemed strangely vacant this week.

This reset weekend was by far and away the worst start to reset weekend I’ve seen on FA since coming over in January. I do think the earlier start time was part of it, with FA not having strong coverage during EU time and 6pm ET being a bit early for us east coasters. In talking with a good number of people, they were fearful of ques if they tried to get on at the usual hour so some didn’t even bother coming on Friday. I’m sure there was some degree of burnout and just people going outsdoors with improving weather.

Overall, after a rough start it was great to see an improvement as the weekend progressed. Will be interesting to see how the week progresses for us.

Also random shout out to TSL. Was fun running into you guys a few times on Friday night and then a bit last night. Always a pleasure to battle with you

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Master Farkha.1857

Master Farkha.1857

Hi guy I’m new to the game and was wondering if TC could give me some pointers on how to zerg. Sometimes I don’t know where to follow the big blue dot and it gets my brain all confused and then I have to take advil and man that’s a drag! So I was wondering when I’m in a zerg how can I make it so that I press the auto attack very fast so I can dominate everyone??

All you need to do is chant “FOR THE ZERG” and the headache magically goes away

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Nice ninja signature change.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Edit: I meant to quote Theon, but hit the response to his post instead.

I started a thread on the FA forums to discuss this very thing. The conclusion we came to is that FA cares about PPT to the extent that it does not interfere with having fun. Yes there are some who use it as a crutch unfortunately, but most of us want to simply enjoy the good fights, and are quite happy to let TC win T2.

And that’s not to say FA can’t or doesn’t play the points game. We made the push to get to T2, made several weeks of pushing to beat TC, and now we are pushing to stay in the tier. We put on our PPT pants when need be.

Now this isn’t one of those “we could beat you if we tried” posts, TC is a formidable opponent. But your suggestions to improve our meta just aren’t fun in our eyes, because our goals aren’t necessarily the same. Our mentality and culture are in part a product of being dominated in T3 (mostly by TC no less), and it is one we are proud of.

That’s entirely your prerogative, and your server is fully entitled to adopting that attitude.

Likewise, TC has every right to play the ppt meta too no?

I dont know why there’s a need then to QQ endlessly about 2v1, transfers, coverage… etc etc.

IF it’s about the fights, why the QQ about stuff other than fights?

IF some want GvG so much and cant get it in this tier, then is this the right tier?

IF you cant get fights because EVERYONE is running from you (i mean do people seriously believe that, ppt has nothing to do with winning fights obviously…), then is this the tier for you?

So many fallacies it’s bewildering.

Meega Kweesta

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

This has been a good read while I’m at home sick.

I’m at work sick, man up matey!!!!

I was fortunate enough to have the day off as well XD

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Ohh how clever and original.

I see what you did there.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Mr. Silver. I mean this with love. But please go outside and get some fresh air.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Cheshire Kitty.9205

Cheshire Kitty.9205

FA is just mad that TC is winning. Crushing in fact. FA cant do open field. Even with 80 people zergs at all times.

TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

FA is just mad that TC is winning. Crushing in fact. FA cant do open field. Even with 80 people zergs at all times.

wat

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Edit: I meant to quote Theon, but hit the response to his post instead.

I started a thread on the FA forums to discuss this very thing. The conclusion we came to is that FA cares about PPT to the extent that it does not interfere with having fun. Yes there are some who use it as a crutch unfortunately, but most of us want to simply enjoy the good fights, and are quite happy to let TC win T2.

And that’s not to say FA can’t or doesn’t play the points game. We made the push to get to T2, made several weeks of pushing to beat TC, and now we are pushing to stay in the tier. We put on our PPT pants when need be.

Now this isn’t one of those “we could beat you if we tried” posts, TC is a formidable opponent. But your suggestions to improve our meta just aren’t fun in our eyes, because our goals aren’t necessarily the same. Our mentality and culture are in part a product of being dominated in T3 (mostly by TC no less), and it is one we are proud of.

That’s entirely your prerogative, and your server is fully entitled to adopting that attitude.

Likewise, TC has every right to play the ppt meta too no?

I dont know why there’s a need then to QQ endlessly about 2v1, transfers, coverage… etc etc.

IF it’s about the fights, why the QQ about stuff other than fights?

IF some want GvG so much and cant get it in this tier, then is this the right tier?

IF you cant get fights because EVERYONE is running from you (i mean do people seriously believe that, ppt has nothing to do with winning fights obviously…), then is this the tier for you?

So many fallacies it’s bewildering.

I agree wholeheartedly. It seems a match made in heaven on the surface of it all, it’s just the successful work of some trolls that is making it a drag. And only in the forums, speak to any random FA’er or TC’er and I am sure they are both having an equally good time. I know I am.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

MrSilver.5269

Mr. Silver. I mean this with love. But please go outside and get some fresh air.

No can do me amigo.

At the office procrastinating.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rawr.5930

Please, anyone from TC if we’ve got nothing good to say, please dont click that reply button.

The score is what it is, nobody wears gloating well.

Meega Kweesta

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Huygens.4075

I am the greatest player ever.
Anyone better than me has no life.
Anyone worse is a total scrub.

You all suck.
#GW2SWAGYOLO

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Vinterchaos.2541

Vinterchaos.2541

I’d say FA is probably pushing 40-60 man zergs, but frankly everyone aside from a few havoc squads zerg, and zerging is for noobs… so you are all noobs and should probably all stfu <3

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

MrSilver.5269

The score is what it is, nobody wears gloating well.

Actually, gloating is what’s in these days.

It’s the new black.

…and is VERY slimming.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rawr.5930

I agree wholeheartedly. It seems a match made in heaven on the surface of it all, it’s just the successful work of some trolls that is making it a drag. And only in the forums, speak to any random FA’er or TC’er and I am sure they are both having an equally good time. I know I am.

Exactly!

In fact i had a VERY nice conversation from someone from FA earlier.

Take out the forum personas, and we’d probably get along.

About wvw no less.

Meega Kweesta

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

*RP walks away*

I roleplay run away. Screaming. Sometimes the screams are only on the inside because it’s hard to run when you’re not sucking air in. I am a leaf on the wind! Trying not to be a leaf on the ground. Or pieces of leaf scattered about. But leafy. And I’m leaving the area. Running.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Exactly!

About wvw no less.

An RP carebare and a bloodthirsty killer getting along? According to these forums that doesn’t exist =P

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Ruq.5396

Ruq.5396

Kitty stalks a Skrit.

GW2 Kitty’s Unite!

Attachments:

Commander Ruq
Guild Leader, Commander – Dissentient [DIS]
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Odaman.8359

You all suck.
#GW2SWAGYOLO

I’m Perfect, god likes me, kitten everybody else.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Cheshire Kitty.9205

FA just needs to learn from us is all. Last night we ran 3 or 4 times. so what. I think only 1 time you had more then us but gess what…

PPT said we win. GG

TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Huygens.4075

You all suck.
#GW2SWAGYOLO

I’m Perfect, god likes me, kitten everybody else.

I am god. Boom! Gw2 divinity right here. haters gonna hate. #doyouevenlift

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Odaman.8359

FA just needs to learn from us is all. Last night we ran 3 or 4 times. so what. I think only 1 time you had more then us but gess what…

PPT said we win. GG

I envy you.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Vinterchaos.2541

PPT said we win. GG

I envy you.

You jealous he finds running, hiding and beating on the doors of empty keeps/towers fun?

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Cheshire Kitty.9205

PPT said we win. GG

I envy you.

In all honesty when we see BT we instantly report in chat and get strait faced… then we look at ppt…

GG

TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Odaman.8359

You jealous he finds running, hiding and beating on the doors of empty keeps/towers fun?

Well if I did this game would be the best game evar.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Gturtle.2864

Gturtle.2864

I don’t think the average FA player much cares if our opposition respects us.

I also don’t think the average FA player much cares if, after one week, the score says we’re in first or not. The truth is for about five and a half weeks this match up was what all WvW match ups should be- it was close and competitive. Sure TC took home some victories, and Kaineng took home some victories, and Fort Aspenwood got to take home “also ran” ribbons, but from week to week the outcome wasn’t set in stone and it always seemed like one server kicking it into high gear for one 24 hour period was all it’d take for them to overtake the opposition.

Then TC got transfers, and Kaineng got some people hopping off early on what looks like the last stop of it’s meteoric rise. Now this tier isn’t the most balanced and competitive.

Sure maybe FA could get the geeks out to develop and assign duties via work breakdown structures to maximize our ability to hold down and upgrade important structures and if we stuck to it for the rest of the week we could take second in this match up, but by slightly more points than our current trajectory predicts, but I don’t think FA is paying anybody enough to bother with that.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Master Farkha.1857

Exactly!

About wvw no less.

An RP carebare and a bloodthirsty killer getting along? According to these forums that doesn’t exist =P

Uh oh…I’m calling it next…joint karaoke operations between TC and FA while they’re on the same BL. Did I just go there? YES I DID!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

I also don’t think the average FA player much cares if, after one week, the score says we’re in first or not. The truth is for about five and a half weeks this match up was what all WvW match ups should be- it was close and competitive. Sure TC took home some victories, and Kaineng took home some victories, and Fort Aspenwood got to take home “also ran” ribbons, but from week to week the outcome wasn’t set in stone and it always seemed like one server kicking it into high gear for one 24 hour period was all it’d take for them to overtake the opposition.

Then TC got transfers, and Kaineng got some people hopping off early on what looks like the last stop of it’s meteoric rise. Now this tier isn’t the most balanced and competitive.

Sure maybe FA could get the geeks out to develop and assign duties via work breakdown structures to maximize our ability to hold down and upgrade important structures and if we stuck to it for the rest of the week we could take second in this match up, but by slightly more points than our current trajectory predicts, but I don’t think FA is paying anybody enough to bother with that.

Being From FA all I care about is what TC and Kaineng thinks about me, I mean how else can I sleep with such a heavy burden on my mind?

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Master Farkha.1857

Exactly!

About wvw no less.

Uh oh…I’m calling it next…joint karaoke operations between TC and FA while they’re on the same BL. Did I just go there? OH YES I DID!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Huygens.4075

PPT said we win. GG

I envy you.

In all honesty when we see BT we instantly report in chat and get strait faced… then we look at ppt…

GG

This guys is obviously an FA troll pretending to be TC lol.

Dat post history!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Odaman.8359

Nope pretty sure chesire is a tc troll Regardless it’s good to put a name behind the backside.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Cheshire Kitty.9205

PPT said we win. GG

I envy you.

GG

I shouldnt be trolling them but its so funny seeing FA response. I’ll stop feeding the trolls :P

TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Monkish Delights.2591

Monkish Delights.2591

what goes through a FA’ers mind in wvwvw
-kill tc
-kill more tc scum
-kill kain
-hey look at that tower, would look good in our color don’t you think?

Spirit of Faith [HOPE]: proudly serving pain to scrubs

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

MrSilver.5269

This has been made abundantly clear over the last month.

There have been many that have and continue to act like a petulant child, and many of us on TC have turned the other cheek ignoring the insults, and backhanded compliments, but there came a point, a least for me, where I no longer felt the need to stay silent.

Many of the people I play with on TC are now into our third decade of gaming in the MMO genre. We’ve played full loot, asset destruction games where a forum war had direct and immediate in-game consequences. And most relevantly we’ve played the game of forum-war, over and over and over again.

Point being, TC is in game winning the WvW war. See Scoreboard.

If you really want to have a forum war, I’m game too.

It just killed four hours of this work day, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Being From FA all I care about is what TC and Kaineng thinks about me, I mean how else can I sleep with such a heavy burden on my mind?

Try some over the counter sleep aids. If the trauma that your suffering is too great then try hypnosis to have it erased from your mind.
Sleep is very important.Lack of sleep can create delusions and/or hallucinations.

Sleep deprivation due to not having respect from you peers is very serious. I for one wish you the best in overcoming this problem.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

There have been many that have and continue to act like an petulant child, and many of us on TC have turned the other cheek ignoring the insults, and backhanded compliments, but there came a point, a least for me, where I no longer felt the need to stay silent.

Many of the people I play with on TC are now into our third decade of gaming in the MMO genre. We’ve played full loot, asset destruction games where a forum war had direct and immediate in-game consequences. And most relevantly we’ve played the game of forum-war, over and over and over again.

Have to agree with Jayne. Go out and get some fresh air.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

There have been many that have and continue to act like an petulant child, and many of us on TC have turned the other cheek ignoring the insults, and backhanded compliments, but there came a point, a least for me, where I no longer felt the need to stay silent.

I think that due to Silver’s geographical location, there is no fresh air out there to get.

Hence, that’s why he is so mean.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Huygens.4075

I think that due to Silver’s geographical location, there is no fresh air out there to get.

Hence, that’s why he is so mean.

Silver is a mole person: confirmed.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The funny thing is, nobody owes anyone any explanation for how they play the game — any server included. Justifying it just encourages the trolls.

Get in game, let your moves on the battlefields justify decision-making. Pat the trolls on the head and encourage them to do the same.

Trying to validate/justify anything on the Internet is about the equivalent of going up to a brick wall and bashing your head against it repeatedly. The only purpose it serves is to hurt you and amuse your opponents.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Many of the people I play with on TC are now into our third decade of gaming in the MMO genre.

What was your first game? I remember a post apocalyptic, turn based game I used to play by telnet to a BBS service, as internet was not available yet. I played some mud’s in the late 80’s, but by BBS it was too expensive/limited, so just dabbled. The first internet based MMO I played a lot was ElendorMUSH which I joined in 1991. I believe it is still in operation.

~ AoN ~

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Many of the people I play with on TC are now into our third decade of gaming in the MMO genre.

What was your first game? I remember a post apocalyptic, turn based game I used to play by telnet to a BBS service, as internet was not available yet. I played some mud’s in the late 80’s, but by BBS it was too expensive/limited, so just dabbled. The first internet based MMO I played a lot was ElendorMUSH which I joined in 1991. I believe it is still in operation.

Holy Smokes your old.

And I mean that in a good way of course. Seasoned, seasoned was a better term, sorry.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Vodka worked for me, but poorly with way too many drawbacks, for over a decade.

I am a sober leaf on the wind... *twitch* *twitch*

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Hah, what about the old play-by-email systems?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Vodka worked for me, but poorly with way too many drawbacks, for over a decade.

I am a sober leaf on the wind… twitch twitch

Hahaha , Wyld, I’m sorry to say sir but I think that decade left a mark.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Vinterchaos.2541

Legend of the Red Dragon was my first game, on BBS services… if you didn’t sleep in the Inn, there was a chance someone would gank you while you were offline!

http://lord.lordlegacy.com/

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Sab.5291

Sab.5291

I think people misunderstand running away…
It’s fighting on our terms- not yours!
I have seen many times, zurgs on either sides, be it TC, KN or FA, take out a larger zurg just by having position on the battle field. WM for Kain did this very well for a time, until we found the way counter them.
TC very rarely runs away! (except for a backup commander or two) We position ourselves for the best chance to succeed! Even if the numbers are against us.
Smart commanders do this repeatedly!
Taking into account terrain, location or distance from spawn, possible choke points and classes of people that are running with them. A good commander knows how many Eles, mesmer, guardians, warriors etc.. he has with him. It makes a huge difference on where they will do battle. Not to forget, the trusted scouts around the maps, giving detailed info on the other team movements.

TC’s success, has been the growth of our commanders understanding this.

Weekly practice for militia and smaller guilds to learn our strategy and why we do things the way we do is helping greatly. Something a commander does not have the time to explain during the thick of battle.

I am the One and Only, Sab!
“STUN”
Find me in the front of the TC zurg