4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

I know KN has a decent reputation in T2, but remember that most of the other servers below are not fond of us. Getting the NA coverage we need is pulling from the prime coverage of servers who still feel cheated by what happened.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

I just wanted to point out that TC isn’t a hive-mind (and I sort of doubt any server is….). Some of us are probably actively recruiting and wouldn’t mind pushing to tier 1, some of us probably wish we had never even gotten the coverage to blow out tier 3 back in the day, and most of us probably fall somewhere in the middle there.

We have always had minimal oceanic coverage and many have been trying to recruit to cover that gap for a long time. We’re mostly friendly and certainly won’t turn anyone away, but we aren’t trying to actively stack our already well populated NA time or anything. Unless WM is just gone from Kaineng, some more oceanic coverage isn’t going to unbalance the tier (just might give WM something other than PvDoor to do at “night”…. jk jk….) it would just let some of us get a bit more sleep.

I know KN has a decent reputation in T2, but remember that most of the other servers below are not fond of us. Getting the NA coverage we need is pulling from the prime coverage of servers who still feel cheated by what happened.

Sounds like the guilds coming to TC are from a server which got stomped pretty hard by TC on our way up as well. It’s possible not everyone you beat hates you as much as you might think.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

(edited by Thrashbarg.9820)

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

If you are a member of the FABL garrison defense team, Bravo. You just melted us so hard lol.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Wah.2153

Dr Wah.2153

this, my views do not reflect my server

so please, do not believe that all of FA thinks the way i do

i believe what i believe and people believe what they believe
the fact that they want a competitive match up so they recruit more guilds when there is only a 30k point difference kinda baffles me

I couldn’t agree more. I see some discussion of how this week is a 1v1 and it isn’t good for the tier or competitive. Based on my personal experience this week I can only conclude two things.
1. I’ve been rolled over multiple times by KN and TC guilds, so this definitely isn’t a 1v1.
2. There’s a 30k gap between 1st and 3rd. Looks pretty competitive to me.

On another note, I’d personally like to see the outmanned buff mess with the ppt a little bit (ie, you can’t generate an overwhelming lead if you greatly outnumber your opponents for a period of time.) I’m sure there are plenty of flaws in my way of thinking, but it’s something I’d be interested to see play out.

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

So I just got some food… what kind of food buffs do our opponents like and would you eat it IRL?

I use Omnomberry cookies for my support Guardian, I’d eat it… unless Omnomberries are poisonous IRL!

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Here’s a score update for those asking.

I still do not get what happens to FA on Wednesday.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

So I just got some food… what kind of food buffs do our opponents like and would you eat it IRL?

I use Omnomberry cookies for my support Guardian, I’d eat it… unless Omnomberries are poisonous IRL!

I used to use bowl curry butternut squash soup. It is also one of the most delicious things IRL you’ll ever have.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Sounds like the guilds coming to TC are from a server which got stomped pretty hard by TC on our way up as well. It’s possible not everyone you beat hates you as much as you might think.

You sir are kind for the postivie spin … but … people have loathed us at times. It was ugly. Onyl a very small amount were meh okay… kain.

We had months (and hundreds of posts) that were … “do you realize what you are doing, have you no shame, you should feel bad… you just came to farm us…”… and worse. It was pretty ugly en route, to the point … many were borderline ready to call it before we got here. It got bad. shudders in corner

And the people deserving so, could express how they felt. It’s freedom of speech, and we had no choice but to ‘get through each tier as fast as possible’. But it was not easy having to go through it, for all servers involved … each week.

It even affected us, to how we responded, and myself … still hold 1… ugly moment that came out. Which I still am sorry about letting loose (personally, I know they don’t care). We were not very liked at all. I doubt any of that changes, human mind usually correlates names to experiences… I can’t think of a WvW guild that wasn’t impacted, and would say ‘hey I like Kaineng, they good folks’ between t8-t4

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

this, my views do not reflect my server

so please, do not believe that all of FA thinks the way i do

i believe what i believe and people believe what they believe
the fact that they want a competitive match up so they recruit more guilds when there is only a 30k point difference kinda baffles me

I couldn’t agree more. I see some discussion of how this week is a 1v1 and it isn’t good for the tier or competitive. Based on my personal experience this week I can only conclude two things.
1. I’ve been rolled over multiple times by KN and TC guilds, so this definitely isn’t a 1v1.
2. There’s a 30k gap between 1st and 3rd. Looks pretty competitive to me.

On another note, I’d personally like to see the outmanned buff mess with the ppt a little bit (ie, you can’t generate an overwhelming lead if you greatly outnumber your opponents for a period of time.) I’m sure there are plenty of flaws in my way of thinking, but it’s something I’d be interested to see play out.

Who keeps FA’s really strong oceanic guilds (AVTR, PRO) in check when Kainengs SEA is not playing to its full potential? Certainly TC alone with our current inferior off-peak coverage (Oceanic / SEA) cant hold you guys or Kaineng off alone (unless some of our commanders play crazy hours like last week). This allows you guys to have pretty much a very long duration of mostly PVDoor and lockdown of triple waypointed FABL which then impacts the next timezone and so on and so forth. There has to be a three server dynamic even if it means that there is one dominant server, one semi-competitive one and one holding on for dear life.

E.g. Oceanic – FA —--KA- TC
E.g. SEA – KA——————————-FA——TC

It is kind of a 1v1 during SEA/Oceanic for TC and its not pretty. Its not the case during NA for sure, even fights then.

If the roles are reversed and AVTR/Pro took a break for a week for FA the impact on the tier would be even more. AVTR/Pro do their part to keep Kainengs SEA in check.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

(edited by Lanimal.6541)

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

If you are a member of the FABL garrison defense team, Bravo. You just melted us so hard lol.

You guys were dead in seconds haha. Waiting for your 2nd attempt now hehe.

Attachments:

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I don’t know Niim. TC is “growing”. They just gutted CD of three of its primary Oceanic and SEA guilds – Naga, ESF and Awe per the SoS/SBI/CD thread. I’d expect we’ll see TC’s reinforcements arrive this weekend.

Fare thee well balanced T4 and balanced T2. It was nice while we knew ye. To TC- I hope you guys don’t need to destabilize any other servers in your eternal pursuit of T1.

Now, now, we’re all very opportunistic when it comes to getting guilds. Just like how you guys anticipated SOS’s inevitable implosion and wanted to pick up what SOS guilds you could.

I don’t think most of TC is interested in “pushing for T1” – what we are interested in is not having to play 12-16 hour shifts to make up for gaping Coverage gaps.

We’ve been looking for EU/Oceanic/SEA Guilds that would be a good match for our culture for over 6 months now, and we feel both excited and fortunate that it looks like we have found some.

I and many others on TC still hope that quality, classy NA Guilds will consider Kaineng to help shore up their coverage gaps too.

This. Nobody’s going to sit around and let your oceanics run rings around the rest of us during downtime lol.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

You guys are conveniently leaving out your EU presence. FA – Oceanic; TC -EU; KN – SEA; Everyone – N/A free for all of chaos.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Lanimal.6541

You guys are conveniently leaving out your EU presence. FA – Oceanic; TC -EU; KN – SEA; Everyone – N/A free for all of chaos.

Sure but what about your SEA guilds fighting against all odds against Kainengs SEA forces? Or your Euro guilds…I dont know if FA has any mostly just your NA guys logging in early.

Do you not think that fighting in such timezones (although very rewarding at times when being successful at ninjas and smart map hopping) doesn’t eventually lead to burnout?

In terms of overall score and how close the rating is hell yeah this is a competitive tier but once you break down each timezone and look at the player spread across all timezones its not. There is still potential for this tier to be even better than it is provided we all get that little extra help in our coverage gaps. I believe T2 can reach that without becoming megaservers.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

(edited by Lanimal.6541)

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Sigh… I knew this would happen when Haldunius posted what he did. So let me state, for the record, that two people do not make all of FA. So please stop it with the “FA thinks this, FA says that.” I mean… how many months are we into this game and we are still having this problem?

If you have a problem with something someone says, address that person directly, instead of dragging the whole server down with you.

Thank you.

yup agreed.most of the forum trolls from our server aren’t even that active in wvw.they just enjoy the fights here.Why does EVERY one say oh i hate FA because they whine and do this and do that…and its all based on theses forum threads.Really?

And I really can’t stand some of those videos posted that are something like:“look how awesome I am, but the truth is…u might did kill a few from another server, but u lost something like 2 keeps and 3 towers meanwhile”

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Wah.2153

Dr Wah.2153

Sure but what about your SEA guilds fighting against all odds against Kainengs SEA forces? Or your Euro guilds…I dont know if FA has any mostly just your NA guys logging in early.

Do you not think that fighting in such timezones (although very rewarding at times when being successful at ninjas and smart map hopping) doesn’t eventually lead to burnout?

I can only speak as an NA player here. I play to have fun, wipe zergs, and “get loot” so to speak. I like to win, but the ppt game is too much about coverage, and is therefore secondary to me. I think our SEA and Euro guys are fantastic. I’m appreciative of every tower, camp, and keep I have when I log on. If they’re feeling some burnout, they need to take a break or forget about the score. This is a video game after all.

We’ll go to the tier we belong in. I’m confident that if we’re at risk of dropping to T3, you’ll see people pull out the stops to make sure that doesn’t happen. If we can’t make that happen, we’ll drop to T3 and I’ll find some enjoyment there.

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Score Update below:

Attachments:

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Here’s a score update for those asking.

I still do not get what happens to FA on Wednesday.

Whack off Wednesday?

I guess so a lot of the ppl who where on yesterday are not on today. Its like a collective sand bagging.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

In terms of overall score and how close the rating is hell yeah this is a competitive tier but once you break down each timezone and look at the player spread across all timezones its not. There is still potential for this tier to be even better than it is provided we all get that little extra help in our coverage gaps. I believe T2 can reach that without becoming megaservers.

I agree with what you’re saying. The burnout for each tiers counter is something to be aware of (i.e. our SEA fighting KN or your guys fighting our Oceanic). The issue is these players are such a limited quantity that they are like diamonds. Also, they paid for a game so they typically want to do more than PvDoor, so they often migrate to the T1’s (understandable).

The issue to me – is this makes you guys a T1.5. And there just aren’t enough EU/SEA guilds to sprinkle between FA and KN in this situation to maintain that precarious balance. You’ll have N/A, EU, and potentially significant SEA (I have no idea what your numbers will be, but just for theory’s sake). T2 is kind of like N/A plus 1 primetime. I’m glad that’s going to work out for you guys, but it’s probably going to destabilize the tier (again, assuming those numbers are significant).

Who knows. It may do nothing and I just wasted a box of kleenex for no reason.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

(edited by Haldunius.7864)

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I just wanted to point out that TC isn’t a hive-mind

Guys, he’s breaking from the hive mind! GET HIM!

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Lanimal.6541

I agree with what you’re saying. The burnout for each tiers counter is something to be aware of (i.e. our SEA fighting KN or your guys fighting our Oceanic). The issue is these players are such a limited quantity that they are like diamonds. Also, they paid for a game so they typically want to do more than PvDoor, so they often migrate to the T1’s (understandable).

The issue to me – is this makes you guys a T1.5. And there just aren’t enough EU/SEA guilds to sprinkle between FA and KN in this situation to maintain that precarious balance. You’ll have N/A, EU, and potentially significant SEA (I have no idea what your numbers will be, but just for theory’s sake). T2 is kind of like N/A plus 1 primetime. I’m glad that’s going to work out for you guys, but it’s probably going to destabilize the tier.

I am hoping it would make us the semi-competitive server during SEA but not the dominant one (Kaineng still as long as WM keeps playing). If you look at T1 when the game launched or 3-4 months back the coverage all three of us have right now was pretty much T1 coverage. That ceiling of coverage keeps increasing and I think the megaservers will keep increasing (especially if skill lag is fixed – one of the main problems with both EU and NA T1). Todays T1 servers are imo twice the size of T1 servers a couple of months back.

It might make us T1.5 although I would wager its more around the T1.25 area. But a month down the line when hopefully you guys get the few europeans and Kainengs get the NA required that would be the new T2 and T1 would be some other monster all together. Obviously all this rests on the fact that none of the T1 servers implode and looking at the three servers up their right now all three of them are very very stubborn servers.

Just imagine a T2 where PVD does not exist. I can dream.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

The issue to me – is this makes you guys a T1.5. And there just aren’t enough EU/SEA guilds to sprinkle between FA and KN in this situation to maintain that precarious balance. You’ll have N/A, EU, and potentially significant SEA (I have no idea what your numbers will be, but just for theory’s sake). T2 is kind of like N/A plus 1 primetime. I’m glad that’s going to work out for you guys, but it’s probably going to destabilize the tier (again, assuming those numbers are significant).

Out of curiosity, were you this concerned when all the IoJ guilds came to FA and destroyed balance in T3? Honest question here.

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Out of curiosity, were you this concerned when all the IoJ guilds came to FA and destroyed balance in T3? Honest question here.

Fair question. And I would say, there was little balance in T3 — especially compared to T1/T2 right now. TC dominated FA and CD. And then CD dominated FA and IoJ. FA and Ioj merged and dominated CD and moved on.

Link to mos: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/17#NA

FA Mesmo – [VK]

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

I’d like to take this moment to enjoy the irony of an FA member claiming TC will destabilize other servers.

Thanks

Which server did FA destabilize? Being serious though. IoJ was already down before tier3, and CD destabilized cause the oceanics and NA could never get on the same page. While the same argument goes for TC grabbing the remainder guilds from CD, you can say TC did not destabilize Cd as they were already on there way down. But a 3k difference between FA and TC, this tier doesn’t need more of anything.

Edit: I think what most FAers are upset about was how balanced this tier was and how much fun it made it. We won’t know for sure the impact of the new guilds, but an honest guess would be that it will throw the balance off.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

(edited by Volcanus.2756)

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

I was going to post something about the transfer thing but then i remembered i don’t care.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

Fair question. And I would say, there was little balance in T3 — especially compared to T1/T2 right now. TC dominated FA and CD. And then CD dominated FA and IoJ. FA and Ioj merged and dominated CD and moved on.

Link to mos: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/17#NA

2 weeks before: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/15#NA
Week before: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/16#NA

Week after: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/18#NA

The tier was balanced, then CD had a good week, and as a result IoJ merged into FA/ditched to T1 servers.

Also, keep in mind that the reason this seems so tier breaking is because KN is doing worse than expected, but the recruiting happened during a time period where WM dominated SEA and as a result, KN always won by a fair margin. Assuming WM stays on KN and start doing what they did before, these transfers will make the tier more competitive, not the other way around.

But really, it’s not like TC, or any guilds who may or may not transfer on the server, has an obligation to justify themselves.

(edited by rhyein.6172)

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Have y’all read the sbi/sos/cd thread lately?

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I am hoping it would make us the semi-competitive server during SEA but not the dominant one (Kaineng still as long as WM keeps playing). If you look at T1 when the game launched or 3-4 months back the coverage all three of us have right now was pretty much T1 coverage. That ceiling of coverage keeps increasing and I think the megaservers will keep increasing (especially if skill lag is fixed – one of the main problems with both EU and NA T1). Todays T1 servers are imo twice the size of T1 servers a couple of months back.

It might make us T1.5 although I would wager its more around the T1.25 area. But a month down the line when hopefully you guys get the few europeans and Kainengs get the NA required that would be the new T2 and T1 would be some other monster all together. Obviously all this rests on the fact that none of the T1 servers implode and looking at the three servers up their right now all three of them are very very stubborn servers.

While I do not care at all about TC getting more guilds, power to you, but I find the whole idea that we all keep cramming more and more people onto the same servers, thus increasing the coverage ceiling over and over, is a horrible, player driven issue.

First is the obvious side effects of constantly messing with our balance. I think few would disagree that one of the good things about T2 is the balance, servers actively recruiting messes that up regardless if that is intended or not.

Second is the ever decreasing enjoyment level of play. Reset night is really anything, but fun. Spend more time waiting in que, the rest of the time waiting for a skill to go off. Get’s better later in the week, but still when two big zergs collide they are so big it creates skill lag across the entire map. Why would we want to make that more the ‘norm’?

In the end this particular situation does not matter to me. Naga had some nice people, so be nice to see some of them again. I do think however that players themselves are making the game worse with their constant strive to get better by getting bigger.

~ AoN ~

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

This week TC attracted some coveted night-time guilds, and I say good for them. FA will do what it has always done: hang in there, adapt, and keep fighting.

The stronger our opponents are, the stronger we seem to become.

Super Saiyans come to mind

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

While I do not care at all about TC getting more guilds, power to you, but I find the whole idea that we all keep cramming more and more people onto the same servers, thus increasing the coverage ceiling over and over, is a horrible, player driven issue.

First is the obvious side effects of constantly messing with our balance. I think few would disagree that one of the good things about T2 is the balance, servers actively recruiting messes that up regardless if that is intended or not.

Second is the ever decreasing enjoyment level of play. Reset night is really anything, but fun. Spend more time waiting in que, the rest of the time waiting for a skill to go off. Get’s better later in the week, but still when two big zergs collide they are so big it creates skill lag across the entire map. Why would we want to make that more the ‘norm’?

In the end this particular situation does not matter to me. Naga had some nice people, so be nice to see some of them again. I do think however that players themselves are making the game worse with their constant strive to get better by getting bigger.

I guess some folks will do whatever it takes to win… even if they step on their friends to do it.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

This week TC attracted some coveted night-time guilds, and I say good for them. FA will do what it has always done: hang in there, adapt, and keep fighting.

The stronger our opponents are, the stronger we seem to become.

Super Saiyans come to mind

I was thinking DBZ as well, just not the saiyans exactly.

Attachments:

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

KN earned our respect and friendship by being pretty much the most respectful and classy Server we’ve faced.

<nods>

No dancing on corpses with KN, no spawn camping, only very rarely JP-puzzle camping, no forum drama, no group-invites with rantings.

A pity KN seems to do less well this week and FA jumping one spot instead of going don. I’d like to have seen a TC-KN-BG match. That would be 3 servers all having good fun in one tier!

You don’t like us? We like you…..

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Inprognito.9487

Inprognito.9487

I’m actually kinda excited to be red this reset. It’s been SOOOOOOOOOOO long. We were blue the whole way up and then green when BG left for T1.

Monstrosadus
Talons [BT]
http://www.Monstrosadus.com – Monstrosadus now on spotify!

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Rosy.5194

Rosy.5194

Side note: did TC or FA bl experience the bug we did where north camp was not spawning the westbound yak? We didn’t get one all night and Woodhaven had no supplies. That’s why it was paper when I believe TC (I forget, I was tired) tried to take it out. The few times the camp flipped it didn’t spawn for FA or TC either.

I’ve noticed this also on KBL. I filed a /bug report, but who knows when/if it’ll get fixed…

Rosy Dawn – [CNB]

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

CO, seriously again? This time at bay?

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Yada yada yaka dolyak.

Play, peeps! Whee SO. MUCH. FUN.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I guess some folks will do whatever it takes to win… even if they step on their friends to do it.

Isn’t FA’s drive to play WvW the large fights it makes? We are doing a favor for ya’ll in getting more players are we not?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Pirate carebears indeed! We’ll step on you too!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

For me, balance is about having balanced fights. That means having the same numbers on the battlefield. This is what TC is now doing, fielding oceanic players against WM.

Also… you can’t yell ‘balance’ when a server gets better and better. Every server has the right to improve themselves.

Finally… FA-WvW pretty much merged with IoJ. No one from FA has the right to call TC out for taking in 3 guilds. Seriously.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

The way TC utilizes its manpower is questionable on the other hand.

[SU]

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

The way TC utilizes its manpower is questionable on the other hand.

I like that, I like that we give off that vibe. Thanks!

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Score and Map:

Attachments:

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

It’s not a vibe. I still do not understand how rolling up into one gigantic zergball on a bl or EB is efficient. Especially when sometimes those zergballs do get wiped.. Just seems something akin to industrial waste.

And I’m not really trying to be forum warriory. One of my fellow Maggies who is now on FA saw this and thought the same thing as me.

[SU]

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

All TC is trying to do is to get stronger as a server. If that ends up with us being in T1, then so be it, but for now we are happy with T2. Don’t get so wound up FA, I thought you guys loved playing for kills and didn’t care about points? More tasty TC hogs for you guys.

I can already taste the bacon!

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

It’s not a vibe. I still do not understand how rolling up into one gigantic zergball on a bl or EB is efficient. Especially when sometimes those zergballs do get wiped.. Just seems something akin to industrial waste.

And I’m not really trying to be forum warriory. One of my fellow Maggies who is now on FA saw this and thought the same thing as me.

How would you recommend we use our manpower differently so we may extend our lead?

Appreciate any and all input!

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

IOJ wasn’t destabilized by other servers, it was unstable for a LONG time. You could sit around in LA and listen to the chat every time new content came out. People consumed the new content, then disappeared, over and over. IOJ was a server of beta tester PVE players who love to race to finish content and then move on to the next thing.

It’s the opposite of WvW, and the IOJ WvW community dealt with this tension for months wanting more or less WvW and not so much PvE. It just so happened that FA was a WvW server. Everything made more sense the more we thought about FA, so many of us transferred. In general, the IOJ people who like competition moved to FA, the ones who wanted to win went to T1 and the ones who like to start from the bottom went to Kaineng. So, FA is now a server loosely united with people of like mind.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: sardonic wrath.5690

sardonic wrath.5690

To those criticizing the transfer of CD late-nighters, Oceanic, and SEA crew to TC – I’ve got a few things I’d like to point out.

1) Please ask AVTR about their zerg camping the North camp in TCBL if there’s many people on the map. We got rolled over trying to retake them with 5-mans probably on 4 separate ocassions. Btw, it was great to see AVTR come out, I hadn’t seen them for quite a while. I missed that confusion bomb guys – we learned our lesson once in Hills and learned to combat it, but when you don’t see that tag and are unaware, its already too late! =D

2) Being former CD, KH maintains a relationship with the guilds that once resided there (RISE of Kaineng, LW of Blackgate, EDMW of Jade Quarry, etc.) The implosion of CD was a mere victim of the announcement of paid transfers – we all had to make a decision facing the first exodus of Isle of Janthir (who maintained green for almost 2 weeks when they came to Tier 3), paid transfers, and the subsequent exodus of the remaining Isle of Janthir guilds to Fort Aspenwood. With IoJ abandoned, DB and FA were our opponents and CD was under pressure. We end up in last place week 1. Week 2 – week of the last day to transfer before paids, we ended up rallying as a server and coming back to Green. That week we made a decision to come to Tarnished Coast after being invited by PiNK 3 times and having many conversations with them – Tarnished Coast impressed the hell out of us by the quality of its players and amazing community, so coming to TC after being in Crystal Desert since the beginning – (After being at T2 near launch, dropping to T4 after mass transfers to SoS, rallying, and getting a server full of transfers) – TC was the obvious choice for us.

We pressured other Crystal Desert guilds to come with us, as they would make up the lack of hardcore WvW players on Tarnished Coast. It was pretty obvious, and Tarnished Coast were indeed another victim of the paid transfers, being bombarded by the now-massive Sanctum of Rall army. We came to a Red server after being Green, and on reset we ended up being Blue. Seriously, it was such a mind-kittycat – for the first time in 6 months I ran into an opposite-colored gate kitten But yeah, facing the SoR zerg was brutal, but we knew the tiers would eventually balance out – we didn’t want to go to one of the servers that were getting lots of transfers, or go to an already-populated one, we wanted to experience the similar fights that we knew and loved. As a guild, experiencing and enjoying the smaller-scale fights has always been our favorite thing to do, and we thankfully still experience that in the current lineup of T2 – until somebody sends their whole zerg at us =D – and none of that we’d argue to change, its a game, we’re here to have fun and not deny absolutely anyone in-game their fun.

3) Crystal Desert, from what it seemed like to me, did well in Tier 3 versus Magerba and DB – I saw what DB was like in T3 and holy crap do their Oceanic/latenight crew go NUTS lol. Now with the current arrival of CD to Tier 4, WvW probably isn’t that exciting anymore – and probably hadn’t been for a while. Magerba had a fairly decent presence, as well as DB. But CD’s opponents had great North American presence, that of which CD did not. And arriving in T4 – for a community that never experienced a pause in action (Oceanic guilds of CD) – its probably quite dismal. And lets face it guys – paid transfers took its toll on all of us, not just a couple servers, making WvW unfun for quite a while. The tiers have finally begun to stabilize, and Crystal Desert still remains unbalanced regarding coverage, being the last transfer-affected community still clutching to the tiers.

4) Tarnished Coast got 2 transfer guilds. CYN and KH. Thats it. We’re all North American time, which kind of didn’t make too much of a difference for Tarnished Coast, as our population is low late-night. Those of us that do play late-night are a tight-knit group, mainly consisting of insomniacs, suspected junkies, and the few Oceanics and SEA players we manage to have. We all communicate and whenever a keep or important tower is under attack we get together and clutch siege, fending off the hordes. Offense is not quite an option, and we sit and turtle. With CD transfers we would finally have an oceanic presence and be a contender at night. Yes, we ARE weak late-night. Please refer to point 1. The dedicated Oceanic CD WvW’ers deserve to have an enjoyable WvW experience, and Tarnished Coast is the right choice for them. Hey, War Machine might finally get to fight a guild based in Tarnished Coast rather than tear down our gates all night!

So pretty much tl;dr version: Kaineng hang in there, FA take a valium and put down your pitchforks, Tier 2 is ok with TC Oceanic transfers; Gl hf all!

[EP] Everything Purple
Tarnished Coast
Your favorite Charr Guardian

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

How would you recommend we use our manpower differently so we may extend our lead?

Appreciate any and all input!

A giant zergball the likes I have seen in EB from TC would be best suited to use the economic theory called “Division of Labour”. I saw this zergball try and retake Durious unsuccessfully and successfully before. But when it comes down to it, that size of a zerg would be better splitting itself into a half or perhaps a third and taking other objectives at the same time. It makes sense perhaps if it is to take SM or a garrison, not so much Durious.

And, hey, I don’t even play for the ppts.

Maybe your players are just doing it for wxp I suppose…

[SU]

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

I don’t think FA minds the transfers to TC. We are noting, observing, we’re watching you like a hawk.

:D

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

4/5 TC/Kain/FA Week 5

in WvW

Posted by: TIMMEH.8106

TIMMEH.8106

TC gets more people, KN doesn’t. THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS THOUGH……..THEY KEEP ACTING NICE TO YOU! We get blamed for trolling, and acting like A…Holes. There is always an angle with TC, don’t let it bite you.

Weilf
[BT] Black Talons
Ele