4 Servers Full manually?

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: NarutoUzumaki.7065

NarutoUzumaki.7065

YB, TC, JQ, and Mag went full today…when population activity get adjusted on mondays right?

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It’s possible they are adjusting things in preparation for fridays relink. Highly likely that these servers will loose any linked servers then (ie ET and AR) or get lower population ones.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

No offense to the good people of AR, but I don’t think there is a lower pop server than AR…

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

No offense to the good people of AR, but I don’t think there is a lower pop server than AR…

I have no way of proving it, but I feel that Kaineng could give them a run for the money, possibly also ET

This is why I’ve kept saying we should make a “Bronze League!” aka “Thumbleweed league” with AR+Kain+ET for those that wants that old bronze authentic feeling.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Interesting, though I am sure server status is not just calculated by activity but a combination of population and activity. I am surprised about YB going full though, did they get some recent transfers?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

Interesting, though I am sure server status is not just calculated by activity but a combination of population and activity. I am surprised about YB going full though, did they get some recent transfers?

no their guilds are just all still alive and getting bigger. when you play wvw for fights, you will eventually get bored and quit. when you play wvw for ppt, you never get bored. that’s yb’s secret.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

Bring back CD+AR+KN+ET

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

It makes sense for them to close when relinks are being done Friday. They likely did a ‘final numbers check+historical data check’ then closed the 4 servers to make sure that giant swings in population didn’t occur. After all, those can happen overnight/in a matter of hours in T1/2. Plus you can and WILL get locked manually if anet detects large numbers moving in, it happened last time BG was open.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

TC/JQ/YB had enough to be full? Maybe they’re all getting some nice links.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Bring back CD+AR+KN+ET

And make sure to put DH alone in T1.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

I have no way of proving it, but I feel that Kaineng could give them a run for the money, possibly also ET

This is why I’ve kept saying we should make a “Bronze League!” aka “Thumbleweed league” with AR+Kain+ET for those that wants that old bronze authentic feeling.

I don’t even know how many are even left on AR any more. There are only two guild tags for sure that I know are AR based and a lot of the people in one are also in the other.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Whoever it was that decided that TC was a “full” server clearly hasnt recovered fully from the end of year festivities.

Another great move by our beloved wvw devs, the first of 2017 and unfortunatly surely not the last.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Well, it is about time that A.net addressed the constant server moves by certain guilds to show that they can manipulate Glicko.

Mag in particular can queue all their maps even at hours that other servers cannot. So, if BG is locked that means that Mag should be forever locked.

Also, I think this mean there will be no pairing for these 4 servers.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Got some hot news concerning the end of year party in the anet offices. According to rumours (that have been verified) Gaille Gray spiked the “non alcoholic” punch.

Hence thus the reason why so many servers have been marked as full! The poor work experience person ( the one who is working on wvw developement for anet) who was trying to be so good at the office party got absolutley smashed and was unable to see the numbers…result.. when asked by the big bosses which servers were full, picked 4 servers at random in both EU and NA and said they are full.

Thus are the working of anet

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Well, it is about time that A.net addressed the constant server moves by certain guilds to show that they can manipulate Glicko.

Mag in particular can queue all their maps even at hours that other servers cannot. So, if BG is locked that means that Mag should be forever locked.

Also, I think this mean there will be no pairing for these 4 servers.

I’m not entirely sure you’ve been on Mag if you think we queue maps during OCX/SEA, during NA we tend to only queue EBG too ( We love EBG and hate everything else)

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

and YB has nothing near the pop of the T1 loser of the week….. Makes no sense…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

It’s a preparation to open BG so people can leave the “full” servers to it.
I can feel it.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I can feel it.

Is this confirmed? I hope so, because I’d like to transfer over without having to pay the War Council for a blackout.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I can feel it.

Is this confirmed? I hope so, because I’d like to transfer over without having to pay the War Council for a blackout.

Just contact Anet support and let them know you have family that plays on BG and you want to play with them.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Grim Reaper.3048

Grim Reaper.3048

The locking of a couple of the top 5 servers is really strange. I can see MAG and BG being full, Maybe TC, haven’t been matched with them in months, but JQ and YB. That’s where I am lost. JQ does not seem to have the numbers to go head to head and stay close to MAG and BG and I know YB for sure don’t.
Does Anet have a plan in mind that has not been shared.

I for one would really like to know the reason for this….

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

For population balance reasons, we’ve lowered the population thresholds for a world to be considered ‘Full’. This is to keep the population disparity between high pop and low pop servers more similar.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

For population balance reasons, we’ve lowered the population thresholds for a world to be considered ‘Full’. This is to keep the population disparity between high pop and low pop servers more similar.

Interesting, but wouldn’t that make it more of a necessity to keep certain higher tier servers linked since it would be harder now for them to bring in transfers? I have been suggesting using links for lower tiers and a few tier 2 servers like FA and YB to boost their populations, it seems like that would do the most good.

Also please consider lowering the map caps a little. The lag and blobbing from stacking on one map is just too much, ty.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

McKenna, does this mean that even if the server arranges a blackout period, the lower population threshold will prevent a slot from opening?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

…we’ve lowered the population thresholds for a world to be considered ‘Full’.

Thanks for the announcement.

Please consider cross-posting stuff like this on Reddit and Twitter. Even better: a short blogpost is likely to reach a larger audience.

For population balance reasons, …

…to keep the population disparity between high pop and low pop servers more similar.

People are going to parse those phrases to death, drawing conclusions to support their previous preconceptions about matches, balance, and the state of WvW.

I’m going with: we wanted to try something different in advance of link ups. If it works, great; if not, we can readjust again next week.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Immortal.1543

Immortal.1543

I had a feeling some manual adjustment had been made. To be honest, YB after 11pm PST has a serious disadvantage in population. For us to be considered full at the old levels would be absolutely ridiculous.

There are a handful of devs who play with my guild who are not on the WvW team, but I would really like to see more WvW team members in WvW to see the fruits of their labor and the passionate communities built around them. To get an accurate picture of WvW, you guys gotta take advantage of your free xfers and no queues!

Immortal – YB4LIFE – [AI] Chronicus of Nornia/Lady Chronica

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Oh god, I thought it was just to prevent bandwagoning ahead of relinks and normal transmission would be resumed afterward, but this implies you’ve changed it permanently for this reason!

Do you not realise the implications of lowering the cap? Especially for those in non peak times? Sorry but you guys really do not understand the mode.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Liston.9708

meanwhile…. JQ,YB, and to a lesser extent TC have 0 chance to match the populations of BG/Mag (even if they were able to)…… at least without a new approach to the link logic….. if the new logic is YB + SOS or FA, well then maybe

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Don’t see a problem with this, the threshold needed to be lowered a long time ago. Most servers have been open for a while and they’ve had a chance to recruit, even BG opened for a week to restock their zergs.

People come in here to complain every time a server is closed and yet don’t bother to recruit when it’s open. Learn the lesson already.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Don’t see a problem with this, the threshold needed to be lowered a long time ago. Most servers have been open for a while and they’ve had a chance to recruit, even BG opened for a week to restock their zergs.

People come in here to complain every time a server is closed and yet don’t bother to recruit when it’s open. Learn the lesson already.

Well said. BG opening that one week was pretty disastrous to what population balance there was.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

What are you going to do to lower the disparity between the full threshold and the largest pop servers?

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What are you going to do to lower the disparity between the full threshold and the largest pop servers?

Evictions based on seniority!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Liston.9708

Evictions based on seniority!

I know that wasn’t serious, but that’s the only way BG/Mag de-stack at this point without drastically lowered map caps / significant queues (even then the accts will go to sleep while they play other accts)….

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

1. How are TC, YB and JQ meant to match BG and Mag?
2. The population caps were too low anyway to properly cater for the size of the maps and the map caps themselves now its going to be worse.
3. Players in off hours on NA servers are only enough to really fit on 1 tier, its going to spread those populations out so they become much more sporadic.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thanks. I’m sure everybody will agree that it’s good to see something regarding pops.

I know there will be people crying that they can’t play with their friends, but surely the onus should be on the players to stop stacking and move to a server where they can all play together.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

2. The population caps were too low anyway to properly cater for the size of the maps and the map caps themselves now its going to be worse.
3. Players in off hours on NA servers are only enough to really fit on 1 tier, its going to spread those populations out so they become much more sporadic.

The three servers you mentioned were tier 1 sized before, the only server than has not come down to tier 2-1.5 size is BG, and their accidental opening by dropping below the old threshold didn’t help. Also it has yet to be seen how many moved to Mag over their cheap link ET, we’ll see next week and if they are over the threshold then it’s wait and watch time on the ticking time bomb bandwagon.

What other solution do you expect them to pull out? Like I said those 3 servers have been open and still haven’t recruited enough catch BG, do you want them to leave it to be a constant arms race with BG?

You can’t bring 22 servers up to BG or Mag’s population levels, it has to be the other way around.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

What other solution do you expect them to pull out? Like I said those 3 servers have been open and still haven’t recruited enough catch BG, do you want them to leave it to be a constant arms race with BG?

You can’t bring 22 servers up to BG or Mag’s population levels, it has to be the other way around.

Solution to what? Whats suddenly come up that required this? Like I said I can understand a temp manual closure pending relinks but this is clearly not that. If you mean the overall population disparity this is not a solution, it hasn’t worked before so why this change? Its more likely to drive players away. The player base is too small for the number of servers even with links and that is even more of an issue for players in non NA time zones that this is not a solution for.

There are guild issues to that make it problematic to spread out, primarily guild recruitment but anet remains oblivious to these issues.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

So still sticking with these old useless servers.. Please just link all the servers into 2 tiers or something.. this is not working.

JQ subsidiary

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

To those that state that the “old” server caps was too small for the game mode (to fill all maps in all time zones). It might be that ANet never intended the game to work that way, and that servers wheren’t supposed to be that big?

Problem is that ANet has never stated what they really wanted WvW to be, so everyone is running around enforcing their own vision of WvW, without the slightest clue what ANet is actually thinking.

So still sticking with these old useless servers.. Please just link all the servers into 2 tiers or something.. this is not working.

Yay, we’re all going to become EotM!!!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Very glad to hear this. While the details are a bit skinny (and understandably so) it’s good to hear this.

Does this mean that we can regularly expect every server to have a link partner?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Not sure what wvw was ‘supposed’ to be, but clearly we were meant to just all be playing pve and spvp, because that’s the only thing that gets attention. We get crap like this and crap like ‘5/4/3’ being considered attention from anet when in reality they are changes that required nothing and offer us nothing. The only thing that could make this crap sandwich worse would be for Mag to keep their link tomorrow. I’d say there’s no way, but this IS anet.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Liston.9708

The three servers you mentioned were tier 1 sized before, the only server than has not come down to tier 2-1.5 size is BG, and their accidental opening by dropping below the old threshold didn’t help. Also it has yet to be seen how many moved to Mag over their cheap link ET, we’ll see next week and if they are over the threshold then it’s wait and watch time on the ticking time bomb bandwagon.

THE ON LY time YB was T1 recently was when they got a great link and rose from low t3 with FC.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

To those that state that the “old” server caps was too small for the game mode (to fill all maps in all time zones). It might be that ANet never intended the game to work that way, and that servers wheren’t supposed to be that big?

Problem is that ANet has never stated what they really wanted WvW to be, so everyone is running around enforcing their own vision of WvW, without the slightest clue what ANet is actually thinking.

Nobody left at anet has any vision for WvW, perhaps with the exception of Tyler B but of course he was moved off WvW development.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Yay, we’re all going to become EotM!!!

If you choose to run up levels and follow commanders that only PvD for XP that’s your fault. The servers don’t work for a lick, but still would be better than eotm.

JQ subsidiary

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Well said. BG opening that one week was pretty disastrous to what population balance there was.

No it wasn’t and your post is a real laugh. Honestly, with the way Mag was buying guilds, they are the big cheese now, not BG and TC is pretty close to the same level as Mag.

Honestly I think A.Net should force the populations even lower by forcing recent guilds that transferred either back to their original server or to one that is open. This way, there will be more of a balance and more rotation for the servers.

It was perfectly said. The threshold needed to be lowered a long time ago, before BG had opened up. Before that there was possibility of relatively even-populated servers rotating with each other but afterwards the population disparity between tiers became too great. No, no one can stack a server to BG/old T1 levels anymore without a link. Let BG rot with boredom if they won’t destack. No, they’re not going to destack just because someone on Mag decided to buy everyone to beat them down.

Chaba Tangnu

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Aphs.9528

Aphs.9528

not sure how this does anything for balance for servers like JQ and TC who roll tier 1 against MAG and BG .

Ranger -Little Prince

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

kitten ya good change

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Byron.1902

Byron.1902

This is TOTAL BULLkitten.

We have guild members on our linked server (Deso + vabbi) that were hoping to join us once de-linking occured – but held off in-case there was a slim chance the whole linking fiasco was going to be rebalanced. Now they are stuck and can’t play with the guild.

Why the kitten did you not announce this before hand!!!???? No clarity, no transparency – are you surprised no one thinks you’re capable of providing any meaningful solutions to the hole you’ve dug for WvW?

Lowering the population cap makes no sense as it is. You’ve already handicapped us with shoving Desert BL back in our faces (which no one ever plays on in prime), now you pull this sneaky kitten.

Sort yourselves out, its getting amateurish.

Great Combat, Great Community, kittening kittene Support.

Maybe we should start opening our own community forums to get ready to move teh community to Crowfall or Camelot Unchained. You’ve pretty much blown it Anet.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

This is TOTAL BULLkitten.

We have guild members on our linked server (Deso + vabbi) that were hoping to join us once de-linking occured – but held off in-case there was a slim chance the whole linking fiasco was going to be rebalanced. Now they are stuck and can’t play with the guild.

Why the kitten did you not announce this before hand!!!???? No clarity, no transparency – are you surprised no one thinks you’re capable of providing any meaningful solutions to the hole you’ve dug for WvW?

Lowering the population cap makes no sense as it is. You’ve already handicapped us with shoving Desert BL back in our faces (which no one ever plays on in prime), now you pull this sneaky kitten.

Sort yourselves out, its getting amateurish.

Great Combat, Great Community, kittening kittene Support.

Maybe we should start opening our own community forums to get ready to move teh community to Crowfall or Camelot Unchained. You’ve pretty much blown it Anet.

You know your guild could always move down to join them on one of the open servers.
That’s kind of the whole point in lowering the pop cap, to spread the population out…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

You know your guild could always move down to join them on one of the open servers.
That’s kind of the whole point in lowering the pop cap, to spread the population out…

You telling them to leave their stacked server to join a low population one so they can play as a guild? Heretic! You shall burn in the flames of Glicko Hell.

4 Servers Full manually?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

When has locking servers balanced T1?