4-Step Rescue Plan for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

1. Change the EotM Side-Assignment from WvW-Color to Equalize the sum of the WvW-Population (as measured for Server transfer costs) => EotM sides should have nearly equal WvW-Population
  2. Add a queue to EotM maps and make a map-instance browser for EotM, which shows for each Map-instance: Free-places(or atleast a flag > 20 free places)/queue-size, % of players from your WvW-server, number of players from your guild, commander from your WvW-server on the map, and for EU % of players from your side with the same server-language and add the server to the name visible in EotM => you can choose on which instance you want to go and are NOT assign by software to a map
  3. Change the scoring from Kills & PPT to WEXP and upgrades: Whenever a player of your server get the WEXP as score, but only once per event (not once per player that get it) whenever you upgrade an objective you get score, export that per server and per side (also for EotM) in the API.
  4. Add all WvW-Maps (old BLs, new BLs, EB) to EotM.

Advantages I expect:

• It’s fast, I think each step should not need more that 1-2 person-month, so if ANet adds 2 developers we have a step per month.
  • The people on the different servers can play together
  • Guilds can play together
  • Score is much more meaningfull than today and it can be determined per server.
  • Maps are much better filled than today, so you have someone to fight whenever you want to play.
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

I’m confused, the title says ‘WvW’, but you are talking about PVE map.

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

“Make WvW great again!”

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I’m confused, the title says ‘WvW’, but you are talking about PVE map.

No I was talking about preparing the EotM- game-mode to be able to take over the WvW-maps in an – in my view – acceptable way.

Btw EotM has PvP enabled, so it’s up to you if you (try) to play PvE on it or if you force PvP on it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

You can play on Eotm all day long but get away from my server. k thx bye

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

So this is a how to kill WvW and expand EoTm Plan instead? SAVING WvW = Keep EoTm and HoT gimmicks the hell away from it, and keep the players engaged in nonstop challenging strategic large scale PvP action instead..
A WvW rescue plan would be :

• Nerf DBL and return alpine while making an actual WVW map That has nothing to do with EoTM, HoT or the DBLS.
  • Increase PPK then double it for defending objectives, Give players ascended drops and legendary crafting materials in LOOT bags for kills, make siege damage on players give no XP, loot, or PPK. Increase PPK and LOOT for attacking objectives with defending slightly higher.
  • Reinstate stabs
  • Make the current servers PVE servers create fewer new WvW servers. To play WVW you have to choose a new server and they get to choose a new wvw server every 3 months to keep it from getting stale. Current server communities can choose to stay together and agree to all go to same servers at will.
  • Only have enough maps in play at once that the population of all 3 servers in match can support, increase the number of maps in play as the population increases, remove them from play as the population decreases.
  • For any new content for wvw they should send out email surveys to WvW players and let them decide. They should actually test things in EoTM to see how the players like it and get WvW player feedback in surveys on it prior to implementing it into WvW. They tested stuff in EoTm, but never heard what players that went there and left actually thought about it.
[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

You can play on Eotm all day long but get away from my server. k thx bye

Agreed.

Horrible thread. Kill it with fire.

This is extremely counterproductive to the other thread.

EotM type map setup?

Just. No.

So. Much. NO.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You can basicly reduce the 4 steps into 1: megaserver it!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

You can basicly reduce the 4 steps into 1: megaserver it!

You could, but that would give you much less information how it would look and feel. Basically “mega-server it” describes only step 4, but without the improvements made by Steps 1-3 I would not like it.

Concerning the “Don’t touch my Server”, I didn’t, Server remain untouched in these 4 steps. The map-instance browser allows you to play together. If that isn’t sufficient a flag for squads “Server XYZ only” could further accelerate that player from single servers play together, if that still isn’t enough for you: If a server has a majority on a map, he can claim this a server-only map. This isn’t really a problem from the scoring point of view, as possession of objectives isn’t scored, but actions are. The main difference is that you may face different enemies on different maps. And if your server hasn’t the manpower to fill a map – while the enemie server on this map do have it – another server can be invited to play on this map as well. And if you do not have the manpower to play 4 maps, simply do not claim 4 maps.

(edited by Dayra.7405)