4th Jan: BG/SoR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Apparently talking about WvW in a WvW forum is off topic. Interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Nice treb placement bg

Attachments:

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

Current Score.

Cel, TW

Attachments:

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

Nice treb placement bg

SoR did the same at Woodhaven this morning with a cata. Get over it.

Never!

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sins Vorkag.5218

Sins Vorkag.5218

Nice try lubs o’ SPQR wit tha couple o’ portal bombs ye tried tonight. However me crew wit TSL were ready fer ya!

Gud fights all ’round!

/spit

Dread Pirate Sins
The Shadow Legion (TSL) for WvW and
The Shipwrecked Pirates (TSP) on Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

QUICK…

Someone make another post explaining how BG gets most of their points during EU/Oceanic times…. My supply of whine from the last couple of months ran out and I can’t savor my cheese without it.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ben Mason.8641

Ben Mason.8641

I am not impressed with each server’s primetime accomplishmesnts tbh. What i am impressed with is sor, when they have lost almost everything. All they have left is a tower or 2 and the sor bl garrison, backs against the wall but they dont go down, they aint hugely outnumbered and they arent gaining ground but they are holding off the bg hoard.

AIM ~ Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowzerk.4715

Shadowzerk.4715

I am not impressed with each server’s primetime accomplishmesnts tbh. What i am impressed with is sor, when they have lost almost everything. All they have left is a tower or 2 and the sor bl garrison, backs against the wall but they dont go down, they aint hugely outnumbered and they arent gaining ground but they are holding off the bg hoard.

this is our homeland, if we dont defend it no one will

Sanctum of Rall – Frontier Commander of DNS

in WvW

Posted by: Xinthai.6175

Xinthai.6175

One hour later. Good thing we only have the points per turn lead during Oceanic/SEA times!

Attachments:

Captain Giggles – 80 Necromancer
Aurelia Celeste – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

One hour later. Good thing we only have the points per turn lead during Oceanic/SEA times!

PST still has an hour before midnight. Didn’t they tell you that’s the new oceanic?

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

BG, You aren’t getting Bluebriar. I have a golem for defense.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

I wish someone recorded opening night in BG. Running back and forth wiping both TC and BG zergs in bay over and over and over again. Just back and forth back and forth.

I must say I was impressed by your willingness to just die over and over again.

Anyway, my Juggernaut says hello.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

spartanx.1364

@Coldviper we did actually http://www.youtube.com/user/PainTrainChooGuild

WvW reset night.
I apologize in advance for the cheezy transitions and poor music choice. My first video ever hehe. Also I accidentally through in 2 Vale scenes.

in WvW

spartanx.1364

What are the chances that 3/5 Elies get DCed at the same time when trying to swirly our treb? Hackgate! HaHA JK of course.. Allot of fun in BG BL all night even the parts where we got ran over.

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Probably one of the best portals I’ve seen in awhile in the BG-Bl just now at the tower by BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Joker.8064

Joker.8064

Probably one of the best portals I’ve seen in awhile in the BG-Bl just now at the tower by BG.

Is that sarcasm?

[Pro] Joker
Founder of The Provoked
http://www.theprovoked.com

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Choo and CDS, Y U ALWAYS TURTLE?

It is kind of fun to drop area denial in the middle of it though.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Nakoor.1980

Is that sarcasm?

The story behind it is quite amusing. Embarrassing, but amusing. We all have our bad days.

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

So are you saying you would like SoR to not attack TC while TC attacks SoR?
Or saying you want SoR and TC to only fight BG?

I want to have fun
And happen to think that it would be more fun if both TC and SoR attacked BG. Your opinion may be dofferent, ofcourse, but I prefer winning against BG then loosing against BG.

Red still mostly helps Blue rather than Red when Red and Blue gang up on Green. Blue still wants to make sure Red doesn’t have an opportunity to take points from Blue but rather Green.

That’s not true.

Instead of having two enemies, you only have one.

You got, basically, two options:

<b>Option 1 is what we are doing now.</b>
Red versus Blue & Green
Blue versus Red & Green
Green versus Red & Blue

<b>Option 2</b>
Red versus Green
Blue versus Green
Green versus Red & Blue

In option 2, both Red and Blue will be able to capture more points AND both Red and Blue will be able to better defend.

I find it hard understand why anyone can disagree with that.

Ofcourse, <b>Option 3</b> would be the best for Blue…
Red versus Green
Blue versus Red
Green versus Red

And let’s face it, that is what you are hoping for: that SoR attacks TC, BG only attacks TC and leaves SoR alone.

But… how can you still hope that this will happen, after been in the same tier with BG for three months? Do you still believe that BG will leave you alone when you attack TC?

So, once you understand that option 3 is off the table, you should see that option 2 is better for you.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Apparently talking about WvW in a WvW forum is off topic. Interesting.

There were several issues regarding this in the threads for bg/sbi/jq. If the OP is not specific enough about what the thread is for the mods tend to over-mod it.

I.e. if the OP calls this a score thread anything but posts and pics of the score can be deleted without warning.

And looking at the OP i cant fathom what wvw discussion about bg/sor/tc would be considered offtopic.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

I like it when 40 of you you knock down both outer and inner walls look into the lords room see it is sieged up and walk away without a fight. You know who you are. 20 men can steal most of a borderland and defend it most of the night. Epic fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

I like how EBG is such a river of blood and repair bills, that no one ever talks about it or posts any videos.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

I like how EBG is such a river of blood and repair bills, that no one ever talks about it or posts any videos.

I honestly haven’t spent much time in there for the longest time.

We jumped in as a guild on Friday I believe for a grand total of 10 minutes, capped our keep, then jumped back out. That was all the exposure I’ve had to it for about a solid month.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

EBG is just terrible. The whole place has no point. It needs to be about 4 times bigger than it is right now. As it is now all you do is capture tower – build treb – treb stonemist – faceroll stonemist – die.

The place is so poorly laid out and designed as it is right now. There is little strategy involved in the whole place.

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Score update please!

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Score update please!

BG: Some huge number ( +480 )
SoR: 60,977 ( +145 )
TC: 56,314 ( +70 )

(edited by ykyk.2740)

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

This track right here sums up how I feel about the fighting between BG/SoR/TC these past few weeks.

Yes it’s on my playlist.

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in WvW

Posted by: Bavragor.1043

Bavragor.1043

Score update brought to you from a land far far away.

Attachments:

Bavragor, Sanctum of Rall
Leader of [FEAR] www.feargw2.com
Recruitment status – Open

in WvW

covenn.7165

We did lockdown reset. Sor was ticking at less then 130 ppt for hours. Pretty easy to do. Keep tw locked down in bg bl defending bay for hours while we take your stuff elsewhere. We had your garrison in sor bl and your keep in ebg before oceanic even started. It was so bad the cries of 2v1 started immediately.

Not sure what you are talking about, by the time I logged we were well ahead in points. Keep breast thumping though and complaining about why you get so much hate for your server. It amuses me.

When were you well ahead in points? Look at the first two score updates in this thread.

<and a whole lot of stuff that irrelevant>

I said points not score. I have always maintained that I care less about total score, because the only thing I have some control over is PPT during the times I am actually online. It should be obvious to you what I am referring to and thus my statement is accurate.

in WvW

covenn.7165

I.e. if the OP calls this a score thread anything but posts and pics of the score can be deleted without warning.

And looking at the OP i cant fathom what wvw discussion about bg/sor/tc would be considered offtopic.

It’s even funnier when it is actually about the score in this match up and is still off topic according to someone.

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

EBG is just terrible. The whole place has no point. It needs to be about 4 times bigger than it is right now. As it is now all you do is capture tower – build treb – treb stonemist – faceroll stonemist – die.

The place is so poorly laid out and designed as it is right now. There is little strategy involved in the whole place.

I couldn’t agree more. I stopped going there almost entirely after I realized it was really only zerg-friendly, and defense was a laughable concept. Everything is so scrunched together you can throw a rock and hit everyone around you. There’s not much space for open field battles like there is in the BL “starter” maps. This may be why it’s losing popularity. That and Garrison fights can be so fun due to all of the crazy angles, platforms, and crannies all over the place; 3rd floor fights are hilarious.

And playing as the blue corner…sigh. Both of our outer towers (Durios, QL) are easily trebbed from Garrison. Not sure if this is true for the other two corners. Red corner I know only 1 tower is reachable, Green I thought just 1 but could be 2 /shrug.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

It’s even funnier when it is actually about the score in this match up and is still off topic according to someone.

And who is this someone?

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I want to have fun
And happen to think that it would be more fun if both TC and SoR attacked BG. Your opinion may be dofferent, ofcourse, but I prefer winning against BG then loosing against BG.

Red still mostly helps Blue rather than Red when Red and Blue gang up on Green. Blue still wants to make sure Red doesn’t have an opportunity to take points from Blue but rather Green.

That’s not true.

Red versus Blue & Green
Blue versus Red & Green
Green versus Red & Blue

<b>Option 2</b>
Red versus Green
Blue versus Green
Green versus Red & Blue

In option 2, both Red and Blue will be able to capture more points AND both Red and Blue will be able to better defend.

Red versus Green
Blue versus Red
Green versus Red

And let’s face it, that is what you are hoping for: that SoR attacks TC, BG only attacks TC and leaves SoR alone.

But… how can you still hope that this will happen, after been in the same tier with BG for three months? Do you still believe that BG will leave you alone when you attack TC?

So, once you understand that option 3 is off the table, you should see that option 2 is better for you.

Saying it a thousand times doesn’t change how it works. TC pairing up with SoR to double team BG helps TC the least, as it only strengthens SoR and gives TC a bigger struggle long-term. There’s no need to continually drag people through this pointless alliance nonsense.

If you want TC to win, then TC needs to not take points, but deny points from SoR and BG. By keeping the score between TC and SoR close, we gain points. By preventing BG from defeating us by as large of a margin as they did the previous week, we gain points. We want TC to become stronger and both of our opponents to become weaker. Anything else is harming us long-term.

Once people start to realize that, then we can move on. Unless of course you just want to flip around between second and third place forever, which is cool if that’s the goal.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

covenn.7165

And who is this someone?

Well we cant talk about moderation. I will leave that up to you to figure out. Heh wink

in WvW

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I just started WvW in December after reaching 80 on SoR. I have to say I’m surprised at the player hate but I’ve seen it before in other PK games back when “guilds” were called “clans” on text based games.

I think SoR needs to realize that there is no use picking a textual fight with BG or TC through insinuating some type of alliance. TC is doing what TC needs to do against SoR. In order to get 2nd it has to allow BG to take on SoR and while denying supply to SoR. That’s why in EB, I see TC take SoR supply before taking their own supply. Better to deny supply go BG and SoR than just retake their own which they can do fairly effectively.

BG right now has momentum. It has a good playerbase but also the anticipation of going to Tier 1 creates more energy and dedication from new people/returning players. Earlier this month they were winning by a smaller margin than they are now. You could take into account vacations but I’m not sure too much about that. It may be both.

In 30 days I have learned a few things about WvW.

1: Supply Deny is critical and EASY. All you need is 3 people who are mobile and you kill yaks and take depots. Which is why protecting yaks/depots from the small groups is equally as required.

2: If you can’t take a tower in 10 minutes then you are doing something wrong. Taking towers is about speed. Half them time on SoR we don’t have all the seige we need. The more time it takes, the less forces you have to defend and to continue the attack on other towers.

3. The best defense is a good offense. If you are attacking and taking then people have to defend. On SoR we are always on defense most of the time. We need to switch momentum and always be on attack and do it quickly.

The zerg is a beast of another color but ultimately you can work around it. Honestly, if SoR just focus on being coordinated and efficient. It has the numbers to be effective.

in WvW

covenn.7165

What BL are you playing in and at what time? Just curious because of your opinions.

Example: Like literally 1 time since I have transferred here has someone not had the needed siege. That is hardly half the time, more like 1/1000 of the time from my perspective.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Personally, I am really looking forward to BG moving to tier 1 (they’ve earned it for sure) and a new server entering tier 2. The reason is about coverage. Right now TC and SoR have their peak times around the same time. BG is definitely strongest during the oceanic time slot. For me, the most fun is when all 3 servers have their peak around the same time. That leads to a much more exciting time for all involved.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

And who is this someone?

Well we cant talk about moderation. I will leave that up to you to figure out. Heh wink

BG and SoR have a common enemy!

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

@Coldviper we did actually http://www.youtube.com/user/PainTrainChooGuild

WvW reset night.
I apologize in advance for the cheezy transitions and poor music choice. My first video ever hehe. Also I accidentally through in 2 Vale scenes.

Thanks soo much for posting that video. That is awesome. That was a great fight. I’m the lvl 28 Charr Eng. who pops into the screen at 1:18…and dies soon after. I had to send this one to the wife. Soo much fun.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

I want to have fun

That’s not true.

Red versus Blue & Green
Blue versus Red & Green
Green versus Red & Blue

<b>Option 2</b>
Red versus Green
Blue versus Green
Green versus Red & Blue

Red versus Green
Blue versus Red
Green versus Red

Saying it a thousand times doesn’t change how it works. TC pairing up with SoR to double team BG helps TC the least, as it only strengthens SoR and gives TC a bigger struggle long-term. There’s no need to continually drag people through this pointless alliance nonsense.

If you want TC to win, then TC needs to not take points, but deny points from SoR and BG. By keeping the score between TC and SoR close, we gain points. By preventing BG from defeating us by as large of a margin as they did the previous week, we gain points. We want TC to become stronger and both of our opponents to become weaker. Anything else is harming us long-term.

Once people start to realize that, then we can move on. Unless of course you just want to flip around between second and third place forever, which is cool if that’s the goal.

Tallis is correct though…..TC gains more rating from taking points from BG then they do from taking points from SoR. And that benefits you in the long run if your ultimate goal is improving rating….as TC has the lowest rating TC actually benefits the most out of the 3 servers if all the scores are close (regardless of placing 1,2 or 3). Now you could argue its in TC interest to attack SoR over BG, to get BG out of the tier asap, and get a smaller (easier?) opponent (Stormbluff?)…but that is a different argument then you’ve been making

All that being said “alliances” will never work in practice. People are self motivated and generally have a poor grasp on server strategy (and rating math).

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

We did lockdown reset. Sor was ticking at less then 130 ppt for hours. Pretty easy to do. Keep tw locked down in bg bl defending bay for hours while we take your stuff elsewhere. We had your garrison in sor bl and your keep in ebg before oceanic even started. It was so bad the cries of 2v1 started immediately.

Not sure what you are talking about, by the time I logged we were well ahead in points. Keep breast thumping though and complaining about why you get so much hate for your server. It amuses me.

When were you well ahead in points? Look at the first two score updates in this thread.

I said points not score. I have always maintained that I care less about total score, because the only thing I have some control over is PPT during the times I am actually online. It should be obvious to you what I am referring to and thus my statement is accurate.

You gain score by a consistant point lead. After 3.5 hours, we had score lead of 800. Thats an average point lead of 57 per tick. Did you lead in points for 30 minutes? So no, still inaccurate.

in WvW

covenn.7165

You gain score by a consistant point lead. After 3.5 hours, we had score lead of 800. Thats an average point lead of 57 per tick. Did you lead in points for 30 minutes? So no, still inaccurate.

Here is what I said verbatim:

*Not sure what you are talking about, by the time I logged we were well ahead in points. *

Given that we were ticking at 100 more ppt than BG when I logged and I was referring to ppt, how can what I said be anything other than accurate?

Try again without inferring things into my post that I didn’t put there.

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Blackgate’s PvDoor style.

Right after we flipped their full supply/fully upgraded Castle.

Attachments:

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

People bickering about who should be attacking who? Check!

The usual suspects from SoR complaining about PvDoor? Check!

covenn and Jared arguing about silly things? Check!

Yes folks, we officially have a BG v SoR v anyotherserver thread.

Just wait until next week, with BG going to T1, I really wonder what is going to happen to these threads lol

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

And who is this someone?

Ahh I think I see! looks at the nearest quaggan menacingly

Yes…. I see

in WvW

covenn.7165

And who is this someone?

Yes…. I see

Quaggan’s are the debil.

in WvW

Nakoor.1980

I can’t wait to see covenns excuses when he loses to SBI next week. I’ve never seen so much flame in here before by 1 person… Sit down bro, take a breather, relax. Bare with us for only 4 more days the Blackgate steam-roll is almost finished :P

We all know “beastgate” likes to say they steam-roll people, but its funny hearing Icoa talk about rolling anyone.

in WvW

covenn.7165

That is very true Nakoor.

in WvW

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

People bickering about who should be attacking who? Check!

The usual suspects from SoR complaining about PvDoor? Check!

covenn and Jared arguing about silly things? Check!

Yes folks, we officially have a BG v SoR v anyotherserver thread.

Just wait until next week, with BG going to T1, I really wonder what is going to happen to these threads lol

Oh it’ll be all fun and games the first few weeks TK. Then it will degenerate into the same ole pile of horsekitten as usual. Both tiers one and two! On the bright side instead of the usual monitor hero’s fighting we might get some new ones!

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

Yes…. I see

Quaggan’s are the debil.

Foooo, Quaggans no like you either!

I can’t wait to see covenns excuses when he loses to SBI next week. I’ve never seen so much flame in here before by 1 person… Sit down bro, take a breather, relax. Bare with us for only 4 more days the Blackgate steam-roll is almost finished :P

We all know “beastgate” likes to say they steam-roll people, but its funny hearing Icoa talk about rolling anyone.

To their credit, they are getting better. They recently started exploring new strategies that they found on our website that their collective genius has spawned. Can’t wait to see what they’ll be like when they perfect them

Btw props to that TSL guild from TC that was trying to ninja bay in BG BL last night. We all got there and were like, “how the heck did this TC get in here, HAX (not really), KILL THEM ALL”. You almost got away with it too

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”