4th Jan: BG/SoR/TC

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

Ahh I think I see! looks at the nearest quaggan menacingly

Yes…. I see

Quaggan’s are the debil.

Foooo, Quaggans no like you either!

I can’t wait to see covenns excuses when he loses to SBI next week. I’ve never seen so much flame in here before by 1 person… Sit down bro, take a breather, relax. Bare with us for only 4 more days the Blackgate steam-roll is almost finished :P

We all know “beastgate” likes to say they steam-roll people, but its funny hearing Icoa talk about rolling anyone.

To their credit, they are getting better. They recently started exploring new strategies that they found on our website that their collective genius has spawned. Can’t wait to see what they’ll be like when they perfect them

Btw props to that TSL guild from TC that was trying to ninja bay in BG BL last night. We all got there and were like, “how the heck did this TC get in here, HAX (not really), KILL THEM ALL”. You almost got away with it too

I’m the guild leader of TSL, and we appreciate the props. That was a kitten good fight we had going on there with you guys inside your keep.

Look forward to seeing you guys again.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t TC get more rating for every 100 points of score they take from BG rather than SOR?

E.g. aren’t BG’s points worth more?

I thought this was intuitive.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Tallis is correct though…..TC gains more rating from taking points from BG then they do from taking points from SoR. And that benefits you in the long run if your ultimate goal is improving rating….as TC has the lowest rating TC actually benefits the most out of the 3 servers if all the scores are close (regardless of placing 1,2 or 3). Now you could argue its in TC interest to attack SoR over BG, to get BG out of the tier asap, and get a smaller (easier?) opponent (Stormbluff?)…but that is a different argument then you’ve been making

All that being said “alliances” will never work in practice. People are self motivated and generally have a poor grasp on server strategy (and rating math).

The argument that I have been making is that we should not be teaming up with SoR but rather doing exactly what we have been doing: hitting both SoR and BG as we want the points from BG as well as a weaker SoR. I don’t see what’s hard to understand, to be completely and perfectly honest. Alliances only happen when people see the short term over the long term.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowzerk.4715

Shadowzerk.4715

Blackgate’s PvDoor style.

Right after we flipped their full supply/fully upgraded Castle.

plus their SM !! lol

Sanctum of Rall – Frontier Commander of DNS

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t TC get more rating for every 100 points of score they take from BG rather than SOR?

E.g. aren’t BG’s points worth more?

I thought this was intuitive.

A lot of the perceived point volatility is from the confidence value given to each server.

So BG is expected via it’s value to have a large score at the end, if BG fails in having a large point gap it will lose rating even if it wins. Thus both SoR and TC would gain rating.

The same applies to SoR, which is why if TC grabs 2nd place or keeps the score close. TC should gain rating even if it’s in 3rd, and SoR would lose rating. So when SoR says no alliance it’s in their interest to crush TC in points as much as possible.

In an awkward way it really makes the 1st place server focus on 2nd and the 2nd place server focus on 3rd to keep the point gaps.

-KNT- BG

(edited by Krakah.3582)

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

You guys talk about rating too much. While the idea of “conquering” T2 and moving to T1 may drive alot of people, I know that TC is certainly not ready for that now, and if we ever get there, we will be a far different TC than we are today. This isn’t a bad thing, but what it means is that winning at this level this week is not up to me staying up extra late and giving a crap who I attack for fear TC’s rating may go down.

I’ve said it time and again, all I care about is winning the map I’m on. If that means holding redvale for 3 hours against SoR and BG then that’s my goal, and dernit , you aren’t going to get that camp without a fight. I like to think when PINK is on the field, you feel our presence and that’s all any one guild can possibly hope for in a 24/7 match up. Rating be kitten , because second place would be as huge a win as first in my book.

But that’s just me. I certainly don’t speak for the whole of TC or even the whole of PINK.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Score update brought to you by Feisty (and friend):

The fact that that bunny is almost as tall as you made me lol

awesome pic

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Hey ICoa members, I have a favour to ask. Can you stop retreating so fast after dying in battle please? I’ve been trying to make a picture-collection of myself sleeping on the corpses of your female characters and it sometimes takes a bit. The positioning of /sleep has to be perfect afterall. Thank you for your cooperation.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Hey ICoa members, I have a favour to ask. Can you stop retreating so fast after dying in battle please? I’ve been trying to make a picture-collection of myself sleeping on the corpses of your female characters and it sometimes takes a bit. The positioning of /sleep has to be perfect afterall. Thank you for your cooperation.

You’re a strange one, Aza. :]

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Joker.8064

Joker.8064

Hey good fighting this morning!

Check out our latest video in 1080p

Stay tuned for the ending

**edit video fixed

[Pro] Joker
Founder of The Provoked
http://www.theprovoked.com

(edited by Joker.8064)

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

We all know “beastgate” likes to say they steam-roll people, but its funny hearing Icoa talk about rolling anyone.

To their credit, they are getting better. They recently started exploring new strategies that they found on our website that their collective genius has spawned. Can’t wait to see what they’ll be like when they perfect them

For all the smack talk CHOO does its funny watching us derail the Lame Train every night. Looking forward to T1 so we can have some decent competition.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

(edited by Trikki.5803)

in WvW

Posted by: Clap.1507

Clap.1507

For all the smack talk CHOO does its funny watching us derail the Lame Train every night. Looking forward to T1 so we can have some decent competition.

Smack talk can be fun (I tend to skim over it). But this just makes us look ridiculous. BG has learned and gotten better because we faced guilds like [Choo]/[TW]/[CDS]/[Many others]. That is the only way I want to fight; against guilds like them. We roam WvW hoping to find the next big battle, and they deliver.

As we leave to tier 1, All of the BG players I know will be giving SoR a collective “GG, thanks for the good fights” and meaning it.

Blackgate Invader [HB]

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

You guys talk about rating too much. While the idea of “conquering” T2 and moving to T1 may drive alot of people, I know that TC is certainly not ready for that now, and if we ever get there, we will be a far different TC than we are today. This isn’t a bad thing, but what it means is that winning at this level this week is not up to me staying up extra late and giving a crap who I attack for fear TC’s rating may go down.

I’ve said it time and again, all I care about is winning the map I’m on. If that means holding redvale for 3 hours against SoR and BG then that’s my goal, and dernit , you aren’t going to get that camp without a fight. I like to think when PINK is on the field, you feel our presence and that’s all any one guild can possibly hope for in a 24/7 match up. Rating be kitten , because second place would be as huge a win as first in my book.

But that’s just me. I certainly don’t speak for the whole of TC or even the whole of PINK.

I think most play this way (i.e. personal short term gain> intangible longer term server gains)….and thus, as I stated, higher level server strats/alliances rarely if ever are doable. People like “winning”. Best way to obtain a personal “win” is to attack the weaker target. The downside(?) to this is that weekly matches essentially boil down to numbers/coverage then. “Alliances” (or at minimum smartly picking targets) can overcome numbers/coverage discrepancies to make closer scoring/interesting matches…..but w/o buy in from a large portion of the servers populations they aren’t sustainable and thus will unlikely ever get the inertia to work.

tldr: green always* wins…just have fun (*xfers/tier jumps may alter experience)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

For those still interested ….

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

Funny I dont recall seeing very many NoC groups when we play… Oh right maybe cause you play when we are sleeping and only have 10-20 max.

Hell we stomp 20 man teams all day and dont even think anything of it. I dont know why you feel that great killing people when we are way outside our normal play time.

But seriously we all smack talk its a competitive game. We are competitive people and at least in our guild we have respect for many of your guilds on BG and as we are fighting TC now we will develop the same respect with their guilds as well.

If this post refers to the point last night when we had only 25 people on the map and got ran over a 90 man zerg. Well I sure hope you would run us over. Thats to be expected against those odds.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

in WvW

spartanx.1364

Hey good fighting this morning!

Check out our latest video in 1080p

Stay tuned for the ending

Nice Video! All though I am pretty sure that scene with us stack on stack in garrison ends with ya’ll loosing hehe. Hopefully we can get some more footage this week since it may be some time before we fight ya’ll again.

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Every post in this thread is like a mini essay. I hereby limit all of you to 5 lines! This is such a headache to read

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

Good job on misquoting me, I fixed it for you. Also, if you are going to insult us, please at least try harder. Lame hardly rhymes with train, and discounting the other guilds on SoR just makes you look like poor PvDoor guild.

Btw, who are you again? I have never laid eyes on the tag [NOC] before and I am pretty much a WvW addict that plays every night during NA prime time with our major force.

Ahh I see your signature, you are an Oceanic crew! We do have Commander Owl <3 that plays during that time slot and some others, and we are slowly growing in strength in that area (props to you oceanic crew! you never give up regardless of the difference in numbers!)

Maybe you should come check out our prime time! Then maybe you will understand why a lot of guilds come to fear and respect the pain train.

Respectful and honorable quote

This is why I personally respect your guild when we face off with you on the battlefield. Not only have I (and probably a lot of Choo) learned a lot from your guild on the field, we can all (BG and SoR alike) learn from your class on the forums.

I hope we get to meet on the battlefield again before you guys move out!

/salute

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sins Vorkag.5218

Sins Vorkag.5218

Every post in this thread is like a mini essay. I hereby limit all of you to 5 lines! This is such a headache to read

’N yer not a pirate

Think o’ wut we go through readin’ da forums let alone wut we provide ta ye lubs

Dread Pirate Sins
The Shadow Legion (TSL) for WvW and
The Shipwrecked Pirates (TSP) on Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

I agree with the comments — all worlds have a lot of skilled players but the true test of a worlds overall skill will never be revealed until nightcapping is addressed. Personally, I would like to see some form of dynamic queue added to keep the maximum number of players per borderlands limited to the average across all three worlds.

Not only would this make night-capping a lot less of a problem, it would balance out the Oceanic server population of certain green-colored worlds.

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

I’ve never seen NOC derail us, if anything you’ve ran away! Along with most of the guilds we’ve run into the past few days.

Plus both servers players (and guilds) have learned a lot from each other and it shows. It’s been great duking it out each and every week against you guys. (Even with the flaming and blah blah blah.. Thats forums for ya.)

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

(edited by TheDevilWithinU.7092)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

We comment on what we know. And what we know is the Oceanic time zone and the people we face in it. While it may not be the full Choo guild, we still face 20+ on good nights and considering that’s roughly the same numbers we field (semi-casual guild) I do believe that is what Trikki is refferring to (even though it was a bit banterish)

Best of luck to SoR and TC next week I hope SBI still has decent numbers and that not too many have abandoned ship like the old alliance servers.

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

SoR player female sword and shield [Fate] just north of water supply area in TC BL just now…

Laugh all you want. I think we know who really won that fight. Hehehe. I gotta say, pretty classy.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by sceptus.9415)

in WvW

Posted by: Bavragor.1043

Bavragor.1043

Great fights in SoR bl, here is a score update.

Attachments:

Bavragor, Sanctum of Rall
Leader of [FEAR] www.feargw2.com
Recruitment status – Open

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

SOR BL the last hour or so.

I just want to give a big personal thank you note to the turtle stacks of BG dropping 30 bags at a time to me. I <3 you guys so much.

in WvW

Posted by: chrisjinx.4357

chrisjinx.4357

I just want to give a big personal thank you note to the turtle stacks of BG dropping 30 bags at a time to me. I <3 you guys so much.

Nice defense on your part! /salute

Score update as of Oceanic Primetime! Keep it up BG!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Yes…. I see

Quaggan’s are the debil.

I can’t wait to see covenns excuses when he loses to SBI next week. I’ve never seen so much flame in here before by 1 person… Sit down bro, take a breather, relax. Bare with us for only 4 more days the Blackgate steam-roll is almost finished :P

Btw props to that TSL guild from TC that was trying to ninja bay in BG BL last night. We all got there and were like, “how the heck did this TC get in here, HAX (not really), KILL THEM ALL”. You almost got away with it too

Of course, because Choo created stacking right? :P It’s an old tactic… We’re just better at it

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Vodka.3958

I’m fine keeping 15 guys here vs your entire server while we wreck every other map haha Enjoy us while we’re still in T2!

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Why do people brag about zerging? I don’t get it.

in WvW

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Why do people brag about zerging? I don’t get it.

Dunno. Must give them butterflies I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

Yes…. I see

Quaggan’s are the debil.

Of course, because Choo created stacking right? :P It’s an old tactic… We’re just better at it

That’s why the stackings been working so well on SoR BL tonight right?

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I also want to give a personal shout out and thank you to those who endlessly post about how many bags they get against opposing servers smothered in a passive aggressive tone. It keeps my faith up in how much loot is available in WvW, how fun the fights are as well as how great my team is and how bad my opponents are.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

covenn.7165

I’m fine keeping 15 guys here vs your entire server while we wreck every other map haha Enjoy us while we’re still in T2!

No idea what you are talking about. Where you in the turtles with the other 50 guys? I relogged and went from 0 to 25 stacks in 10 seconds. Gotta be some kind of record.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Maybe. Yesterday I ran around with the BG zerg a bit. We won some fights but I found it to be completely boring and there really wasn’t anything to brag about on either side it was just awful. Most of the time enemies didn’t even fully render before we engaged. All I did was spam buttons there was no counter play involved, nothing of what I consider to be “skill.” I don’t know how any of these big guilds find that sort of gameplay fun, I’m amazed that anyone does to be honest.

in WvW

covenn.7165

I also want to give a personal shout out and thank you to those who endlessly post about how many bags they get against opposing servers

By endlessly, you mean 1 post? K

in WvW

spartanx.1364

@Vodka Cmon lets be honest we brought it back!

BTW Props to KnT EB was rough.

in WvW

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Maybe. Yesterday I ran around with the BG zerg a bit. We won some fights but I found it to be completely boring and there really wasn’t anything to brag about on either side it was just awful. Most of the time enemies didn’t even fully render before we engaged. All I did was spam buttons there was no counter play involved, nothing of what I consider to be “skill.” I don’t know how any of these big guilds find that sort of gameplay fun, I’m amazed that anyone does to be honest.

Haha I totally agree with you in each and every way.. Most of the zergs that run around do that. They run around spam skills and run around until they die, than they leave when get wiped. Never understood the fun in that.

in WvW

Vodka.3958

Score update brought to you by Hollywood Fiend

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

Thanks, you guys should zone in more often. It’s nice to have a break from Treb Wars 2 every once in a while.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Just throwing an idea out there. I talked to other people and they liked it for the most part. How about on friday, right before the reset, we have a “Say goodbye to Blackgate” celebration? All 3 servers will meet up in EB and have a joyous celebration and interserver 1v1s with the winner getting a prize and all sorts of kitten things before blackgate leaves us.

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

From Ridculy’s KnT EB crew, back at you Choo, was fun fights, much respect bro!

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

IRL permitting, i’ll be there Dooms. would LOVE to watch some organized 1v1’s between these 3 servers. i play along aside i few who i know are phenomenal. and i’ve been at the pointy end of the swords of those on the other two servers here.

would BG and TC be interested in this?

p.s. any Guardians on SoR wanna team up? we can either hammer or staff it up.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Jayne.9251

We tried this with a yak once. It didn’t end well.

in WvW

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

Yeah I know that I give huge props to many SOR guilds and the few TC guilds we have fought over the last weeks. And our coverage time (KnTs) is very difficult playing against your guys NA prime. I will miss many of our battles and hold a ton of respect for guilds that made us fight harder and be smarter (CDS, TW, CHOO etc..) I will miss the days of the KnT supply camp 30 on 30 fights! Those were epic.

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

in WvW

Posted by: mrochon.8765

mrochon.8765

KOM lol…hackin’ still isn’t helping you guys. we’re destroying you with half oour grp sub 80. #sad

Joose Buckaloose
Pink Monkeys [DEVS]
God among Thieves and QQ Instigator

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

Nice defense on your part! /salute

Score update as of Oceanic Primetime! Keep it up BG!

Oceanic prime time? It hasn’t even started yet. Give it another 4 hours and maybe you’ll just hit the start of it.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

It’s even funnier when it is actually about the score in this match up and is still off topic according to someone.

And who is this someone?

Well we cant talk about moderation. I will leave that up to you to figure out. Heh wink

Yes…. I see

Quaggan’s are the debil.

Quaggan fights to bring the end of culling.

CoooOOooo

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Jayne.9251

KOM lol…hackin’ still isn’t helping you guys. we’re destroying you with half oour grp sub 80. #sad

Lol now chest thumping is jumping threads …. Or maybe this is a preview for BGs match next week, lol.