4vs30? No problem

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Slantize.2365

Slantize.2365

The unwarrented chatter hurts my ears….

“I healing, i’m using my heal, i’m doing this i’m doing that…….”

If you were coordinated you would have 1 guy running the fight and using your spells together when it would be more effective.

I think you got lucky you found a group of lowbie pugs to woop up on…..

you just made it very clear that you’ve never done any type of competitive gameplay, ever.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Ooj.1246

Ooj.1246

great video mate

[OSC] Ooj RoxxoR

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Thanatos.2431

Thanatos.2431

@ Slantize, I’ve done more then most, but I don’t feel the need to defend my credentials, either take the advice or don’t.

There are things that need to be said and there are things that don’t need to be. all extra chatter does is keep who is running the fight from getting in a word edgewise.

That is if you have 1 person running the fight. Multiple people having their own ideas and acting upon them during the heat of battle only destroys group synergy. Take it from an old Shadowbane player.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Slantize.2365

Slantize.2365

no one should be running a fight. it’s a group effort. you NEED the extra perspective from the other group members to win. an interesting thing in gw2 is that it’s almost entirely cooldown based, meaning that you can’t just have one person lead a fight. reason? that one person is not going to know when abilities are off cooldown and can be used again — especially when elementalists are involved, given that they have four sets of main abilities on top of their utility skills, along with the cooldowns related to swapping between all of those four utility skills.

in such a small group, they should know exactly who has what abilities and should know how to combo them together to maximum effect. this game doesn’t have that many different abilities, and there’s even fewer that are actually worth using in pvp/wvw, which makes it even easier to have all of the important combo fields/finishers memorized as well as their effects when used together. and, any player worth talking about has good enough awareness to know when other group members need a heal, a stealth, or anything of that nature.

the only time 1 person should be running a fight is in a proper zerg (not the garbage they fought), which is a numbers contest with minimal skill involved.

go watch some of the old wow arena videos that include the skype or vent calls, there is never just one person running a fight. sometimes there’s someone guiding a fight, but it’s never just one person.

a small group like this is not a zerg and shouldn’t be treated as such. a four man group in gw2 is more similar to fps gameplay than wvw zergs.

there’s a lot of flaws with your idea of how a group should be ran, but there IS a reason that all of the top teams in the world on any mmo with competitive small-scale pvp communicate like this group did.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

If you were coordinated you would have 1 guy running the fight and using your spells together when it would be more effective.

10/10 totally agree with this guy. Seriously like if you weren’t fighting random lowbie undergeared zerged pugs with your fully coordinated ventrillo group you wouldn’t be able to win.

True coordination is having one guy calling out what everyone else should be doing. None of this useless chatter like “i’m healing,” or “I’m auto attacking.” Like jesus christ people, what is the point of this. You need to have one LEADER calling everything out. One leader should tell you when to youse your abilities. He should call out when you should heal, and when you should save your heal for when someone else can water field > blast finisher heal you.

All this excess useless chatter is completely distracting because when you’re chattering about useless things like heals and frost fields you can’t see what’s going on. I know this was just a pug which is why you won but jesus when you fight REAL PVPERS you have to actually WATCH what is going on and you can’t do that if you’re constantly TALKING uselessly.

Last point I want to make it PERFECTLY clear that it was NOT 30 people that you went up against. You need to pause your video, count the number of enemies, and update the thread title. Because CLEARLY it was NOT 30 people. This thread should be closed for being so MISLEADING.

Should be called: “4vLess Than 30 underleveled undergeared zerg pugs”

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

10/10 totally agree with this guy. Seriously like if you weren’t fighting random lowbie undergeared zerged pugs with your fully coordinated ventrillo group you wouldn’t be able to win.

True coordination is having one guy calling out what everyone else should be doing. None of this useless chatter like “i’m healing,” or “I’m auto attacking.” Like jesus christ people, what is the point of this. You need to have one LEADER calling everything out. One leader should tell you when to youse your abilities. He should call out when you should heal, and when you should save your heal for when someone else can water field > blast finisher heal you.

All this excess useless chatter is completely distracting because when you’re chattering about useless things like heals and frost fields you can’t see what’s going on. I know this was just a pug which is why you won but jesus when you fight REAL PVPERS you have to actually WATCH what is going on and you can’t do that if you’re constantly TALKING uselessly.

Last point I want to make it PERFECTLY clear that it was NOT 30 people that you went up against. You need to pause your video, count the number of enemies, and update the thread title. Because CLEARLY it was NOT 30 people. This thread should be closed for being so MISLEADING.

Should be called: “4vLess Than 30 underleveled undergeared zerg pugs”

This is definitely better than most videos I see posted. You two must be the least wanted people in the back of a car.

Also, thanks for making that body count perfectly clear. Please check their post for spelling next.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

If I were part of that zerg, I am pretty sure I’d uninstall right then. Excellent teamwork, however. This is a demonstration of how organization defeats numbers. OF COURSE 4 v 22 doesn’t work if the 22 is organized, but it shows that the unorganized masses can fall to an organized few.

Also, very appropriate:

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Just to clear this up, Follidus is my teammate and he’s just a big troll <3

Love him

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Great job. As someone already said, most 4 man teams would run from a zerg that size. Excellent use of combos, timing and terrain.

Sanctum of Rall

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

lovely chained combo fields Plonks&company

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

very lousy IoJ zerg… very super lousy indeed…….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Impressive guys. WHich server do you play on?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

azizul.8469

by the color of the event on top right, and the date of the video, i think those 4 are on FA….

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

I wonder how many people flaming here saw either themselves or their guild dying in that vid, lol.

Good job by the way, you guys know your stuff and work well together.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: MikeFerguson.8921

MikeFerguson.8921

I love videos like this. I don’t care if it was against 20 or 30, that’s still impressive control of a fight by using terrain and your combos effectively.

Great teamwork!

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Zoose.1640

I love videos like this. I don’t care if it was against 20 or 30, that’s still impressive control of a fight by using terrain and your combos effectively.

Great teamwork!

Oh I’ll keep them coming ; ]

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Not on vid, but ive been there and we wiped zergs of 30 or more with just a handful of players. We were 6, on Bluewater supplycamp.

They were aweful, and we had an arrowcart and a balista. It was great fun for us, but they were just really bad pugs. Running in one at a time, dying in just 3 hits. Not rezzing, not CCing, just trying to spam their pitiful aoe’s. And stuff like Volley does kitten all damage if youre an upleveld scrub in kittenty gear.

Got a bunch of bags from that, not a single one contained higher then t4 materials. So this stuff does happen. Its great fun, but more a testament to the crappiness of pugs.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: thetreebranch.4831

thetreebranch.4831

Great teamwork!

WvW maps need to be revamped so there is more ability to abuse terrain like this in the wide world instead of having mostly open space to travel between keeps and towers. If more areas had key chokes, zerging would be a lot less e ffective

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Coming from a tpvp background there were some solid combos in there.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Sansarah.3076

Sansarah.3076

This game doesn’t encourage this nearly enough, for a lot of us, this is the type of game style we want when playing pvp, it’s a well performed job taking that zerg out, but as stated, a lot of those people in that zerg had no clue what the hell they were doing. All it would have taken was one or two people in that zerg that can do pvp well with gap closers and you would have had a much harder time.

Which is sad really, this game doesn’t encourage small scale at all in wvw usually, it encourages zergs.

Something a lot of us hates. Arenanet really should try and make small scale more optimal in wvw.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

LOL. people who are posting negative things on this thread are probably those “bad” players you just whiped… Epic fight you guys. I was about to call it a night. but u just inspired me to play some more.lol

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Saros.4968

Saros.4968

Mike,

Just remove the 5 targets limit already and you will see real 5-10 people roaming groups hurting badly huge zergs. (not speaking of 20-30 PUG’s, but real zergs like we can see in Tiers 1 / Tiers 2 WvW)

You said you like DaoC ? Then give us the possibility to fight those disgusting huge zerging&clipping generator warbands.

Remove the limit !

Sarosk – lvl 80 Norn Warrior
<Joke> Guildmaster – Arborstone

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: derekisazombie.2359

derekisazombie.2359

I think it was awesome! And quite impressive indeed, if only there were more groups that coordinated like this all the time lol. But ah well gotta love zergs to i guess =]
Totally gonna roll an ele to play around with my guild.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Sansarah.3076

Mike,

Just remove the 5 targets limit already and you will see real 5-10 people roaming groups hurting badly huge zergs. (not speaking of 20-30 PUG’s, but real zergs like we can see in Tiers 1 / Tiers 2 WvW)

You said you like DaoC ? Then give us the possibility to fight those disgusting huge zerging&clipping generator warbands.

Remove the limit !

This! If Arenanet would do this, a lot would be better in wvw. All of a sudden the solo/small scale player isn’t spanked to oblivion anymore.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Nice Vid, good job, especially on the heals

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Zoose.1640

This game doesn’t encourage this nearly enough, for a lot of us, this is the type of game style we want when playing pvp, it’s a well performed job taking that zerg out, but as stated, a lot of those people in that zerg had no clue what the hell they were doing. All it would have taken was one or two people in that zerg that can do pvp well with gap closers and you would have had a much harder time.

Which is sad really, this game doesn’t encourage small scale at all in wvw usually, it encourages zergs.

Something a lot of us hates. Arenanet really should try and make small scale more optimal in wvw.

Hmm…I think it should be something like 10-15 people AOE max. Because if it was unlimited it would just be an AOE fest on which team has more AOE rather than who has the better focus and coordination. This is a given it’s a 20vs20 or something like that.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Sansarah.3076

Hmm…I think it should be something like 10-15 people AOE max. Because if it was unlimited it would just be an AOE fest on which team has more AOE rather than who has the better focus and coordination. This is a given it’s a 20vs20 or something like that.

I’ll take 10 – 15 over 5 any day. It would still be an improvement for the small scale / soloers. The simple fact that you cannot usually cc more than 5 people at once while being in small scale, is simply lame.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Blue.7256

Blue.7256

Amazing fight, don’t listen to idiots.

[RL] Bluel
Royal Legion – Polish MMORPG Guild
www.royallegion.pl

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Great teamwork!

AKA

We are further investigating this video for some upcoming nerfs to elementalists! Stay tuned!

Just kidding Mike <3 xD.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

I think the AoE is fine as it is, if they implement anything, it should be some kind of scaling system based on an allies/enemies ratio…

I just had another thought about this vid. I wonder how many bug reports it generated:

“Erhmeged! Anet, fix culling! Our 25 man team just got downed and only 4 of their players rendered!!!!!1!!!1!!”

Sanctum of Rall

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Different teams use different patterns and methods of communication. Some teams have 1 person primarily calling, some teams have individual chatter. Shrug.

Quit crying.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

My favorite part of this video is the guy’s face in the corner for the first 1-2 seconds. He’s so god kitten happy.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

This video should show people why melee is so important in wvw. Majority of people just think you make a glass cannon ranged char, this is what happens if all 1 side does is try to range.

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

This video should show people why melee is so important in wvw. Majority of people just think you make a glass cannon ranged char, this is what happens if all 1 side does is try to range.

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

At the same time, it shows why melee is horrible for WvW as well though. Had any of these 4 been melee, they would’ve had a MUCH harder time. This kind of play relies upon the enemy being too cowardly to attack you… being melee just removes that.

Certain class combinations would not work for this, the ele’s combo fields help a lot but more than that the fact that each meteor of meteor shower can hit 5 targets, it makes that AoE far more potent for zerg killing than any other spell.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Problem is not about 4ppl. Problem is about that 30ppl with no melee at all? Really? lol. If u pop 1-2 theif/guardian/warrior right into those eles i’m sure you cant post this video at all! But grat for getting this epic video shot btw!

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I watched all the videos uploaded to the OP’s YouTube channel thus far…such incredible skill and teamwork. I’d be happy if I could muster up merely a fraction of PvP skill that you see in these videos.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: IComeInPeace.1768

IComeInPeace.1768

Nice Job…

Since I solo or Duo on my thief, I appreciate the small vs. many fights.

What server are you on. Becuase I have a collection of videos that I want to include your guild on. I’m always looking for better players to kill.

Malf
DEVS

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

Very nice job! I am one of the zerglings normally in www, so I would fully expect a team like you guys have to take out a group. (Now in small guild runs, we are getting better though)

Love the video!

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Mike,

Remove the limit !

This please!

ROAM | Oink | TLP

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

The zerg has the problem lots of zergs have. They have no leader and they have no one willing to die.

As a staff wielding ele most the time in wvw I can not tell you how many times I have stopped a zerg dead in its tracks with one aoe spell. They just stand there like cattle. ohh red circle Ill just stand here…

these guys are much better then me and kill a lot of them. I just get a couple =(

But one leader to push the zerg through or one or 2 people willing to take the chance of death and charge to break up the group or get one down usually ends stuff like this. I’m glad there are so many afraid to die.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Being formerly of IoJ i am not suprised by this at all. I cant count the number of times we had vastly superior numbers just to lose because people were cowards and wouldnt go in and take some hits. I died multiple times due to it because i would do my job as a guardian and jump right in only to get no help from double the numbers we had.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Good video. Great teamwork. Ignore the trolls.

now do that as a team of engineers and i shall praise you.

Yeah, right. You’d be more likely to succeed with a team of Moas.

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

If they removed the AoE cap, they need to make healing scale better and they need to make the maps bigger. The size of the map causes forces to consolidate into single areas and funnels them into lanes, especially in the borderlands. The map being easily traversable is the biggest factor for why zergs are the current “meta”.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Ben Mason.8641

Ben Mason.8641

Being formerly of IoJ i am not suprised by this at all. I cant count the number of times we had vastly superior numbers just to lose because people were cowards and wouldnt go in and take some hits. I died multiple times due to it because i would do my job as a guardian and jump right in only to get no help from double the numbers we had.

I get this, my main is a thief and i ussualy dont need to run in with him just back up whoever does. But with my warrior who is basically made to charge isnt really useful with randoms, unless im in ts and were all charging. When im with randoms i wait then charge and im the only 1 who moved.

AIM ~ Desolation

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

azizul.8469

not sure whether posted elsewhere, but another video of how foolish a zerg can be :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ClIzBWTVIPU

(edited by azizul.8469)

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Great teamwork guys!

Sweet video

I agree that the IOJ group should have pushed a bit more, but since they didn’t, and you owned them, my hat’s off to you guys. Keep up the good work!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Great video! It reminds me of the early DAOC RVR. Good to see things like that are still possible (but in a smaller degree due to missing long lasting aoe cc).

4vs30? No problem

in WvW

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Good coordination, I won’t that away from you. Though I’ll give credit to whoever pug commander was leading that mindless zerg for your success as well. Even if he charged alone, his zerg is sure to follow. Yet, nobody dared to charge in. 2 eles(staff), Engineer and a thief. Like other people say, 1 good D/D ele can break your formation. Even a warrior can easily break in w/ Endure Pain.

Cheers