5 Dragonite from keeps, 30 from Orr Temples?

in WvW

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Can we normalize the rewards a bit here?

A keep takes way more effort to capture and often requires way more time, than doing an Orr temple. Also, if you don’t tag the Keep lord, you don’t even get any dragonite ore, even if you got a gold for participating in the cap (say, trying to kill all the enemy reinforcements trying to get in).

Keep in mind that you can only get dragonite from each particular keep once per day, so two servers CAN’T keep trading keeps for the dragonite.

in WvW

Posted by: Dag.1257

Dag.1257

Need to remember that if you fail in taking a temple you have to go through a rather long chain to start to unlock it, which doesn’t happen right away.

On the other hand, if your assault on the keep fails, you can regroup and try again rather quickly. I am curious if you have ever tried to unlock Balthazars Temple? Gates of Arah?

Do think they may want to up the rate from a Keep, but not as much for trying to take a temple (I’ve been in temple fights where we have mass zerg, 40+ and fail)

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Should be reversed, let the WvW have the good stuff for a change.

in WvW

Bailey.6892

From another thread…looks like Devon was on this….I mean they are so close to even. Seriously screw the pve for now, its poorly coded and boring. Give the swing to wvW for a change.

DevonCarver.5370:

The mats will absolutely drop in WvW. In addition, generally speaking, we are putting a heavier emphasis on finding long-term solutions to redressing the reward imbalance between PvE and WvW. I can’t claim they will ever be 100% equal all the time, but we would like it to never be the case that you are choosing between playing WvW and getting good rewards. The two should be one in the same.

So why not swing it the other way for a change and make it favor WvW. It has been imbalanced for pve long enough.

(edited by Bailey.6892)

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

Karka Queen – easy zerg fest even IF you have to claim the towns – not to mention VERY rewarding. 30 Ore

SM take – depending on defense can be VERY difficult as well as time consuming. 9 Ore.

That’s just wrong.

When camps are giving 2-3 Crystals per take, yet JP’s are giving 7-9 – well – I can hit the 12 easiest JP’s in under 2 hours now – around 50 crystals per hour. No way one can take 15-25 camps per hour.

Rewards for WvW are definitely sub-par.

**edited for my fumbly fingers…9 not 12 per JP)

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

(edited by Eliandal.8735)

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Not to forget that there are matchups, where towers and keeps are constantly traded. And then there are matchups, where one server holds the majority of everything a whole week. It is rather difficult to figure out the right reward ballance, when PvE is very predictable, however, WvW is not and depends totally on how many players play on each side.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

WvW is a mini game, even Habib mentioned it before. Its about time WvWers to take it deep into themselves. The faster we realize it the less it hurt.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Well thats just stupid. Not only does it cost gold to capture a keep or SM, but 66% of the population on that map is actively trying to prevent you from succeeding. Thats a little something else from failing a pve world event.

That should warrant a little more then 5 measely ores. As if capping 6 Keeps, all diffirent keeps, is just as hard as doing 1 temple event. And correct me if im wrong, but the Temple can be gotten from defending it aswell, right? So it will always be available several times a day.
On the otherhand, a Keep you already own isnt going to offer you anything unless you first lose it and then try to reclaim it. Seems a bit backwards.

Guess WvW is still going to get firmly pushed into PvE to get their ascended.

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

I am curious if you have ever tried to unlock Balthazars Temple? Gates of Arah?

Taking Hills during primetime is a lot harder than guesting to a server on the last event. L2WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

I totally agree with this post. This is the biggest aberration in this patch.
I appreciated though that they decided for once to make all resources available from WvW but the balance between all of them is terrible. I took 2 keeps today and I got 8 dragonite ore in total. It means that in order to get an ascended weapon from WvW you need to take over 125 keeps. It would take months to get a single weapon and it’s totally unfair in comparison to PvE players … After the previous patch that was giving away an enormous amount of resources to PvE players and this, I really have the feeling that despite all the nice talks about fair rewards in WvW, the game keeps taking the opposite direction.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Guys, guys, isn’t this obvious? The champion at the keep is waaay weaker than a risen priest. And since Anet thinks lords are the only form of defense, 5 seems to be appropriate.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Guys, guys, isn’t this obvious? The champion at the keep is waaay weaker than a risen priest. And since Anet thinks lords are the only form of defense, 5 seems to be appropriate.

I think this was intended slightly sarcastic?

I suspect it’s close to truth. The loot tables for the various NPC’s are probably locked to the same parameter that determines their relative difficulty.

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Y’all need to get off you high horses and just go to PvE an hour a session. PROBLEM SOLVED.

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Y’all need to get off you high horses and just go to PvE an hour a session. PROBLEM SOLVED.

No. I play 3 hours a day. Not going to waste even a minute killing mindless mobs.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

DevonCarver.5370:The mats will absolutely drop in WvW. In addition, generally speaking, we are putting a heavier emphasis on finding long-term solutions to redressing the reward imbalance between PvE and WvW. I can’t claim they will ever be 100% equal all the time, but we would like it to never be the case that you are choosing between playing WvW and getting good rewards. The two should be one in the same.

Where’s the high tier nodes in WvW? I don’t recall seeing any in EB or the BL’s. (JP is pve, and a separate zone, it’s not WvW). How about throwing some T6 nodes out there? Even 2 or 3 per zone would be great, at least we would have a chance to run into some. At this point, if I want to hit T6 nodes, I HAVE to go to PvE.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Reward people for doing WvW as much as you do for PvE so that people can play how they like for equal reward?

R U INSAIN!@!!!""?

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Yes, kingcragus has the right of it- we all need to be forced to stop doing something we want to do and go and do something we don’t, in order to accumulate materials for weapons and other stuff that makes more difference in our game mode than any other../sarcasm.

Champs in pve events are a joke- do one scarlet invasion, you can easily tag 40+ champs in the hour, some of them die before you can even get in range after spawning, 1500 distance away, each one gives the same reward type as when you kill a wvw tower lord. That’s 40 times the chance of receiving something decent.

The other great difference is going to be your magic find %age. In one hour pve event I will get upwards of 200 items including opening all those champ boxes. Playing wvw, unless we are having zerg fests all the time (not often, a lot of time is spent defending or attacking towers etc), some hours the only drops I get are from camp capping if that’s what I’m doing for that hour.

And of course, in Jump Puzzle 2, JP’s reward way more for being portalled to the end than having to fight your way into a keep for hours.

Add in account bound materials, time gating, etc and a lot of people won’t bother and then feel they have been left behind.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

No. I play 3 hours a day. Not going to waste even a minute killing mindless mobs.

3 hours a day 21 hours a week. play 20 hours wvw and 1 hour pve…..

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

3 hours a day 21 hours a week. play 20 hours wvw and 1 hour pve…..

Still not going to make up for the inflation PVE is causing. The money I make in wvw seems to be negligible.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Go people to low tier servers which fight high tier.
How much ore can get RoS or FSR against Aurora? Or FoW and Arb against Drakkars? Vabbi and WSR against Blacktide?
How often Fort Ranik capture keep against Riverside?

And on the other hand how often is there Risen Priest? Karka Queen? Various Temples? With limit on NPC so your zerg wont be steamroled by other zerg?

This is the true imbalance. But I thin there is no way how to solve this. It is not possible.
Because if WvW will give more rewards, PvE players will go to WvW for it and You all will whine about queues and PvE players.

Good work Anet, at least we got something, we can now combine PvE and WvW to get ascended. Thx.

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Yeah, that sounds pretty in line with “play[ing] the way you want to play” and “not having to grind for a future fun reward”. You’re right sir, problem solved indeed.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

@ OP I 100% agree and was about to make this same topic before I saw that you had already made it. The other mats seem on par with PvE (kinda sorta), but for my daily Dragonite Ore I’ll be forced to go do PvE instead. There is no reasonable way I could get enough for one through WvW. Having to tag the keep lord isn’t always possible (if I had been in the middle tagging the lord vs. killing players we wouldn’t have capped etc.).

The rest seems to have been implemented reasonably, but the rewards yielding Dragonite Ore need to get bumped up and made more flexible to be on par with the temple rewards.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

It’s because the Risen never let you take the temples without a fight.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why PvE even give rewards in PvP game? Somebody messed up badly.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Bailey.6892

Why PvE even give rewards in PvP game? Somebody messed up badly.

Allowing ascended gear in to WvW was a screwup you are right.

As for the now portion it is simple, some people like a challenge and not go up against poorly coded boring mobs that bots can run.

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

How about they do something smart for a change at give +1 stacking per defense victory?

There needs to be incentive for defending instead of just zerging around.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Anyone confirmed the drop for the Champ MOB’s in EB yet?

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Flipping paper keeps as we were yesterday is a lot faster than waiting for Temple runs to start.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Flipping paper keeps as we were yesterday is a lot faster than waiting for Temple runs to start.

I think this is what these numbers are tuned around.

What if it were possible to adjust the rewards depending on how well upgraded an objective is? My 2c. WvW building upgrade system needs revisions overall.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

What an awesome idea! Let’s swing it the other way!
All PvE players will then come to farm in WvW, people that don’t give a kitten about objectives, combat or team strategies. Queues will become exponentially longer. Zergs will be everywhere. WvW, which is already a total mess will become a total absurdity but you guys are all right… In the end we will all be happy because we will have our ascended weapon to brag about, all together right in the middle of a complete nonsense. Yes ANet, we want more shinies!

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Just a quick idea. Not thought that through completely, but the game can propably record, how much time one spends in PvE and WvW. Can you scale rewards according to this? If you play only WvW, your rewards from events will be much higher, then going to PvE and the other way arround. Some1 playing both will have some middle thingy reward.

That would encourage ppl to just keep doing what they do and still get a nice reward out of that. I can then lock myself in WvW and never come out of it any more

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Karka Queen – easy zerg fest even IF you have to claim the towns – not to mention VERY rewarding. 30 Ore

SM take – depending on defense can be VERY difficult as well as time consuming. 9 Ore.

That’s just wrong.

When camps are giving 2-3 Crystals per take, yet JP’s are giving 7-9 – well – I can hit the 12 easiest JP’s in under 2 hours now – around 50 crystals per hour. No way one can take 15-25 camps per hour.

Rewards for WvW are definitely sub-par.

**edited for my fumbly fingers…9 not 12 per JP)

Camps give 2-9 crystals per take, and overall are more rewarding than doing jumping puzzles – because they give wxp and loot for the 5 vets you kill, plus any dolyaks.

Keeps however are subpar to the pve events that spam mobs on you so you get tons of loot and 30 ore for succeeding. The amount of ore you get should scale with how upgraded the keep is. 15 ore for a basic capture and up to 75 ore for a fully upgraded keep.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Would you waste 5 minutes? That’s what I just did and got 20 dragonite for killing some monster named tekettle. It literally took 5 mins.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Need to remember that if you fail in taking a temple you have to go through a rather long chain to start to unlock it, which doesn’t happen right away.

On the other hand, if your assault on the keep fails, you can regroup and try again rather quickly. I am curious if you have ever tried to unlock Balthazars Temple? Gates of Arah?

Do think they may want to up the rate from a Keep, but not as much for trying to take a temple (I’ve been in temple fights where we have mass zerg, 40+ and fail)

I’ve been in/seen sieges that take 4 hours and only some succeed and yeah, more than 40 people involved.

Sure, sometimes it’s a quick cap but from what I’ve heard you can do Balthazar with like 7 people too (apparently avoiding the upscaling helps).

Gate of Madness

in WvW

ResJudicator.7916

Doesn’t matter. You only get the reward once per day per keep, no matter how many times you flip it.

And no one waits around for Temple runs to start. They farm other metas and champs, going through the whole Maw → Jormag → Teq → Shaman → Fire elemental → whatever cycle (the actual order may vary), and then pop into Orr when they hear that a temple event is starting.

I’m not asking for Temple runs to give less dragonite. I just think WvW caps (especially keeps) should similar amounts of dragonite. PvErs can still stick to their Temple runs and they’ll be just as well off. I’m not knocking the PvErs — if they enjoy what they do, more power to them. But there’s no reason why the same shouldn’t hold true of WvWers.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Doesn’t matter. You only get the reward once per day per keep, no matter how many times you flip it.

Incorrect. Thanks to TC’s massive numbers and flipping our home BL multiple times I can tell you, this is not working as it says in the notes.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

If you want PVE go do PVE, there are serious issues in wvw other than you missing out on your precious ore.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I would have to say I agree with the notion of upgrade-scalient rewards. There’s 12 upgrades for SMC, for example, right? So for SMC, maybe 8 Ore per upgrade? Considering it takes a while to get to that point. Keeps can be 6 Ore per upgrade. towers can be 4 ore per upgrade, and camps can be 2 Ore per upgrade. Presumably sentries can be random drops. Also, obviously it’s not really referring to ore specifically, but Mats in general.

I ? Karkas.

(edited by Seven Star Stalker.1740)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I totally agree with this post. This is the biggest aberration in this patch.
I appreciated though that they decided for once to make all resources available from WvW but the balance between all of them is terrible. I took 2 keeps today and I got 8 dragonite ore in total. It means that in order to get an ascended weapon from WvW you need to take over 125 keeps. It would take months to get a single weapon and it’s totally unfair in comparison to PvE players … After the previous patch that was giving away an enormous amount of resources to PvE players and this, I really have the feeling that despite all the nice talks about fair rewards in WvW, the game keeps taking the opposite direction.

Yep, Devon you have to address this LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD. Those who want to create ascended weapons and mainly WvW are clearly behind the eight ball here.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

I usually support Devon’s post, but if this is “trying”, I’ll quit GW2 right now. This is not a game, this is a chore. WvW players have ALWAYS received the short end of the stick and this is no difference. And WvW players are the ones who absolutely needs it more than some PVE auto attack players.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

What’s Dragonite Ore?

- Only a WvW player

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

This needs to be fixed, at this rate it will take me more than a month maybe two to get enough dragonite ore for ONE refine.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

This should definitely scale with the upgrades.

Paper → 9
Rock → 20
Fortified → 40

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Bryndis.7854

Bryndis.7854

Trade badges for dragonite ore and other ascended materials = well done Anet.

Bryndis Branda | WvW Warrior | Bronze Scout
Born Bad (BB) | Kodash (DE)

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I saw this after taking a keep and lol’d… then felt like I had to give up on WvW for the week b/c I’ll just be too busy trying to squeeze 4-5 Dungeon runs in a day and enough temples every day to stay ahead of the 100 of each shards needed per day…

Instead of something that would get MORE people to WvW, I think it’s decidedly gone the opposite direction and will actually mean less people finding time to.

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

At this rate it will literally take months for me to acquire enough ore to craft even one dragonite ingot. Of course I can’t say I’m at all surprised that WvW once again got the short end of the stick in terms of rewards – this has been the case since release – but with confirmation from Devon that an effort was being made on his part to avoid precisely this scenario, I can’t help but be extremely disappointed.

One has to conclude at this point that the devs are either ignorant of the WvW players, or simply indifferent to begin with. That, or Devon doesn’t pull anywhere near enough weight around the office.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

100 of each shards needed per day…

The refinement of these materials is not time gated.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Went through the same pattern with ascended accessories and was never really resolved… But this is worse. Took me about 10 minutes of PvE to get 30 ore (temple was up).

How can this fairly compare to 6 keep takes? Depending on the how skewed match is (and we all know how skewed it can be), some casual players might not even do this in a week of WvW.

Anet should realize by now that many of their dedicated WvW players have no interest in PvE and even less interest in being forced to PvE to remain competitive. I mean if they don’t realize this yet, maybe they don’t deserve to keep these players.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

ResJudicator.7916

Incorrect. Thanks to TC’s massive numbers and flipping our home BL multiple times I can tell you, this is not working as it says in the notes.

Thanks for the clarification. But my point still stands. If you can flip the same keep over and over to keep getting dragonite ore, then that’s a bug that A.net is sure to fix. Once they fix it, the underlying problem still remains that capturing Stonemist gives you 1/3 the ore you’d get from tagging Jormag and going afk (not to mention fewer rares as well).

in WvW

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

The saddest thing is, WvW feels like charity work at this point. You’re pretty much doing unrewarding effort of the highest scaling (I mean, the players which are the enemies evolve their strategy every time. Find me a Mob that does that) and your effort benefits your server as a whole, yet gear and costs make it extremely difficult to break even. WvW shouldn’t be some kind of roster for people to take like a job shift. It should be a fun game with which you are rewarded for actually maximising your server population’s efficiency and be able to enjoy doing so.

I ? Karkas.