5 man roaming

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Brack.6517

Brack.6517

With the game having progressed a bit styles have been made / forced upon guilds with dwindling numbers / preferred classes / larger blobs of enemy to fight.

My question to you is what’s you favourite / most effective 5 man roaming group?

I suppose they can be for different reasons or builds. Best to fight double your number or best to escape 50 enemies with, most versatile, best survivabiliry etc

I was looking at a similar post from last year and am curious to see how people’s thoughts have changed or not as the case may be

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I’m probably a bit biased but I think having staff elementalists and hammer guardians as the core of a 5man or 10man is probably the strongest thing to have if you are looking to stand your ground and fight against teh zarg rather than run when badly outnumbered.

For straight 5v5s, I think there are a ton of different combinations that would work.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: jhuce.2489

jhuce.2489

ROFL…Do 5 mans even exsist? If they do clearly they would just get rolled over every time the set foot onto the battlefield. Just to the fact that having more people attacking your group equates to more damage to your group. I dont even see it possible for a 5man to beat a 6man…EVER…skill doesnt even play a factor in this because of numbers….
I suggest all 5mans merg up and create optimuszerg to have a fighting chance. Also all zergs should sit on top of each other to abuse the game mechanics and really show of their skill. Aswell as use stealth curtain/group stealth to sneak up on people even when not stealthed because of another broken game mechanic and kill them before they even know whats going on. This is really how you will win at this game. NOT stupid 5mans….people…5mans…ROFL…idiots…

Skill should prevail over numbers…in theory
All or Nothing – AoN

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Actually yes, there are 5 mans, and yes, they do succeed. Sure when its 5 vs. 30 they retreat and kill over extenders, but 5 vs. 10 is doable and happens frequently. I believe Oozo actually has some video’s in his sig for your viewing pleasure.

Now if they ever lift the AoE limit … fun times will occur.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

ROFL…Do 5 mans even exsist? If they do clearly they would just get rolled over every time the set foot onto the battlefield. Just to the fact that having more people attacking your group equates to more damage to your group. I dont even see it possible for a 5man to beat a 6man…EVER…skill doesnt even play a factor in this because of numbers….
I suggest all 5mans merg up and create optimuszerg to have a fighting chance. Also all zergs should sit on top of each other to abuse the game mechanics and really show of their skill. Aswell as use stealth curtain/group stealth to sneak up on people even when not stealthed because of another broken game mechanic and kill them before they even know whats going on. This is really how you will win at this game. NOT stupid 5mans….people…5mans…ROFL…idiots…

Oh great zerg king.. 5man teams in wvw are great, me and the guild i belong to run these pretty often to ninja keeps and cause a lot of hassle for the enemy.
We often fight twice our numbers and win.. and we have a kitten good time doing it!

Back to topic, a guardian and water ele are great additions, D/D eles fit in great with team play too, if not for the damage then for the boons they spam around the party and a mesmer in party is always fun!
There’s loads more combo’s that work well in a party but the best thing is that you work well together.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

I dont even see it possible for a 5man to beat a 6man…EVER…skill doesnt even play a factor in this because of numbers….

Are you being sarcastic? I really couldn’t tell.

Anyways, your own guild posted a video of 4 guys steamrolling a ton of people, so this statement is patently false. Here’s a link to the video.

GG.

(Also 5 guys can easily beat 6, especially if you have extremely good support. For example they are all melee and mesmers timewarp the warriors inside while the enemies step into the rangers’ traps to engage the warrior, the elementalist healing and providing pbaoe and the guardian booning and providing extra healing, of course this is theorycrafting but you should test it and see for yourself. I suggest actually RUNNING with your guild, cause they do some pretty amazing kitten)

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

ROFL…Do 5 mans even exsist?

Disregarding your kitteny attitude, yes they do exist. They are also where you will find the skilled pvpers (imo). BV runs 5 mans (or less) all the time and manage to do pretty kitten well in wvw, not only in open field but running supply trains and capping towers.

My preferred group is what we usually end up running anyways:
2 thieves
1 mesmer
1 ele
And either 1 guard or 1 more thief

Honestly the more thieves the better. When you can have the ele rush in and break aegis/initial defensive utilities, lay down an initial aoe field and then have the thieves and mesmer all insta-gank 3-4 people to down state upon first contact it really pushes momentum in your favor. Given that we can pretty much all utilize mobility and terrain to sustain ourselves (keep health up) and use hit and run guerrilla tactics against their numbers it’s quite possible to finish off 10-15 man groups with only a 1-2 player casualty count which are quickly rez’d back up once the smoke clears.

5-man roaming groups are amazing when the players are coordinated.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

5 man roaming

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Given the guild, I’m guessing that post was a bit sarcastic. The magic number for having a chance against a disorganized zerg of 30+ average players is somewhere in between 10-15 IMO. Five can take on disorganized groups of 10-15 average players. In both cases, the opposing players would have to be extremely bad to take on more than that.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I dont even see it possible for a 5man to beat a 6man…EVER…skill doesnt even play a factor in this because of numbers….

(Also 5 guys can easily beat 6, especially if you have extremely good support. )

Yes, a 5v6 is basically an even fight in this game. It’s going to come down to class/build matchups and who plays better in that situation. Numbers alone won’t win that fight.

5 man roaming

in WvW

jhuce.2489

Anyways, your own guild posted a video of 4 guys steamrolling a ton of people, so this statement is patently false. Here’s a link to the video.

GG.

(Also 5 guys can easily beat 6, especially if you have extremely good support. For example they are all melee and mesmers timewarp the warriors inside while the enemies step into the rangers’ traps to engage the warrior, the elementalist healing and providing pbaoe and the guardian booning and providing extra healing, of course this is theorycrafting but you should test it and see for yourself. I suggest actually RUNNING with your guild, cause they do some pretty amazing kitten)

Wait what? This is a pve guild. We run dungeons daily and really show some co-ordination. Spaming blasts in a fire field! We have like a constant 9stacks of might. so much damage those guys need to take notes from out pwnage.

All or Nothing – AoN

5 man roaming

in WvW

jhuce.2489

(Also 5 guys can easily beat 6, especially if you have extremely good support. )

Yes, a 5v6 is basically an even fight in this game. It’s going to come down to class/build matchups and who plays better in that situation. Numbers alone won’t win that fight.

Screenshot or it didnt happen.

All or Nothing – AoN

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Maybe you should try running small groups in WvW before dismissing them totally, if you fail.. please feel free to L2P

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Maybe you should try running small groups in WvW before dismissing them totally, if you fail.. please feel free to L2P

He’s not being serious.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

GG.

He IS one of the guys in that video. In fact, not even 1 second in to the video you can see his name.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

I see what you did there. lol

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

There are really players that are skeptical about 5 mans being effective? 5 players just generating one extra camp on tick produces more points per player than any other configuration. They can also generate hidden points from yakslapping and flipping sentries. Denying supplies to structures that are not fully upgraded makes it easier for other teams to take them. Ganking players trickling out of a WP to help defend something your team is attacking helps, heck sometimes just having a group in the right spot will dissuade pug players from even trying to get there. Forcing a larger group to root out or defend against a 5 man is numerically efficient.

Many things for a 5 man to do, not to mention there’s a lot of seasoned w3 players who find this style of play more exciting and personally rewarding than zerging. Not more rewarding in a monetary sense of course though since the big zerg guilds get far more tagged kills and bags.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Reel them in . . . reel them in. Master baiter.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

5 thieves. Same race, same size, same armour with backstab stealth builds.

You’ll annoy the hell out of everyone you meet.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Oozo.7856

5 thieves. Same race, same size, same armour with backstab stealth builds.

You’ll annoy the hell out of everyone you meet.

Replace thieves with mesmers and remove the word backstab then I think you might be on to something.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

Actually it is great for fun.
Did those mesmer idea somewhile ago. Gets boring fast but every once in a while you can bring them out and just annoy like hell :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMgKjoEM1Io

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I think you just earned two forum awards of the year for this post.

1) Funniest post of the year award

and
2) Albiet most ignorant post of the year award

5 man roaming

in WvW

Oozo.7856

and

http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/audio/lunaWAV/I03/I0305100.wav

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Naerin.6753

Naerin.6753

To answer the question in the OP, I would use the following 5 man group if I had a choice in the matter:

1 mesmer, with confusion build.
1 necro with contagion/tanky build.
3 thieves with condition/stealth builds.

Thieves and mesmer spam conditions and provide stealth and mobility for the group (portals), while also providing a heck of a lot of conditions. Run into a group of enemies, your necro tries to draw aggroand then hits contagion once his friends have fully conditioned out an enemy. If you need to get away from a larger group, spam some stealth fields and the whole group dissapears off into the distance.

Also has functionality for hiding in a tower/keep if it is capped with all that stealth, making it very useful for back capping.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

and

http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/audio/lunaWAV/I03/I0305100.wav

lol

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

5 thieves obviously.

if 1 thief can take 10 on its own 5 can take 50.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

This is a hilarious post, and I half way agree with it.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

5 man roaming

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

I saw a team of 5 mesmers once, made it look like a army of 20 was walking around where ever they went.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.