6 DC's tonight in wvw... not normal

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

I am reading a lot of DC’s from other people as well on map chat. Is this a global problem in wvw? I am playing in our home borderlands. 5 times I was rushing to save a keep or tower and 1 time I was just standing there guarding the north camp.

Could there be an ability that is causing this? Any ideas?

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

yeah I’ve been getting massive lag + random disconnects on SB borderlands as well. I’m JQ btw.

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

I’ve been getting a lot of random crashes/freezes while in WvW as well. I have been thinking it is my drivers/anti-virus but it could be something on their end as well.. I don’t really know what it is.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

Funny thing is I only lag on one borderland. No lag on EB or other bordrelands

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

0 DC in GW2 from start if you dont count when they restart game for a update.

in WvW

Posted by: Saviolakos.6473

Saviolakos.6473

Is it me or more and more stuff like that happening whenever an event is going on?! And this is not only happening in this game but other online games too… i had the same feeling in the past

Silveranna
The Oscure Brotherhood
Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I had a disconnect (client crash actually) in my home borderland while defending a choke point. Needless to say that I didn’t bother logging back in and that my team will likely lose the choke point.

I, a human guardian, just abandoned a choke point causing my team to (most likely) have a break form in the lines. I guess I’ll find out which asura is dead tomorrow.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

I am reading a lot of DC’s from other people as well on map chat. Is this a global problem in wvw? I am playing in our home borderlands. 5 times I was rushing to save a keep or tower and 1 time I was just standing there guarding the north camp.

Could there be an ability that is causing this? Any ideas?

Yep, this has been happening in SBI Borderlands for 2 days now, I made a thread about it yesterday :P

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Setch.2398

I dc’d 3 or 4 times tonight again. Someone told me to go ‘invisible’. I tried it and didn’t dc the rest of the night. Not sure what that means… maybe a coincidence.

My DC codes were: 7:11:3:189:101

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

I dc’d last night just as our camp got attacked.
Turns out it was windows update :p

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Guildie has been having same issue, one thing that fixed her issue (and fixed my clanging bell sound in WvW) was to delete the local.dat file in Documents>GW2 folder. This file is supposed to keep all your settings (and you’ll have to readjust it back after you delete it), but it grows daily in size … when it gets to a certain massive size, issues happen apparently. Try that and see if it helps any.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: hoschi.8693

hoschi.8693

SBI BL last night – started with 5-8s lag spikes, then couldn’t stay longer than 20-30s before DC hit me. After about 10 times logging into game being in downed state (lol) and DC’ing again after entering map…

Moved to another BL and all was fine..

Saint of Destruction of the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints
Strike Force [SF]

in WvW

Setch.2398

TY Jayne, I will try that next time I dc.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Setch.2398

SBI BL last night – started with 5-8s lag spikes, then couldn’t stay longer than 20-30s before DC hit me. After about 10 times logging into game being in downed state (lol) and DC’ing again after entering map…

Moved to another BL and all was fine..

That explains our absence of defenders for bay lol. There were only 2 of us before I map jumped and asked for help. Then we still only had a handful.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

I’ve been getting them, too. I’m not sure how long this has been happening, but reappearing dead because of the “Alt-F4” change that they made has been really annoying.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I was totally in favor of the change until I disconnected three nights in a row. If I’m neck deep in a siege/defense and I disconnect, then the punishment is already hefty for my allies as they’re one body short (especially if I’m carrying the siege or have supply). I don’t need to be scolded for it and slapped with a repair bill.

Hitting randoms from 1200 units away with a scepter and using support shouts at full health with no one hitting me doesn’t mean that I’m about to die. Pretty much what this change does is allow people to farm badges.

Example, one guy from fictional guild I Love Disconnecting [QUIT] is on fictional server Dwayna’s Knickers. DK is in first place this week by over 120k points, and so on Wednesday one member of [QUIT] transfers to opposing fictional server Brownmuck Caverns. Both the DK and BC [QUIT] members then show up in a predetermined spot close to the DK spawn in BCBL, strip naked, and take turns entering combat with their BC comrade and hitting alt-f4, giving him free bags. Their comrade, all fat and sassy on badges/loot, then returns the favor on DKBL.

This just makes a new problem out of an old problem and nothing is actually solved.

/me fart noises

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast