60+ Minutes is wrong

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

Just to wait to get into WvW is inherently wrong. ANET made OVER 120 MILLION in sales and players have to tolerate waits over an hour? Are you kittening serious? This throws off the most experienced of players and is just inexcusable. Use SOME of that money on bandwidth and servers. WTF is wrong with you ANET?

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You’re on Blackgate, a tier 2(last I checked) server. They are focused on WvW, what do you expect?

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

swilkers.5938

You’re on Blackgate, a tier 2(last I checked) server. They are focused on WvW, what do you expect?

ANET made over 120 MILLION in revenue. What the hell do you think a server costs to operate? There should be ZERO wait. To have culling is lazy and ANY network admin would agree. ANET said “Oh lets filter packets for $$” Look where that lead.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Esplen.3940

It’s actually fair to have a limit on players in WvW, just like there’s a siege limit. Otherwise you’d have 10,000 people in EB vs 20.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Calm down buddy. Population caps are in place to keep things relatively balanced. You don’t want to wait in queue? Then transfer to a lower tier server.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

swilkers.5938

It’s actually fair to have a limit on players in WvW, just like there’s a siege limit. Otherwise you’d have 10,000 people in EB vs 20.

If you want to limit players in certain maps then add a “next available” to the options. Otherwise you have a three hour wait to get into “what ever crap map” that makes people angry enough to post here.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

swilkers.5938

Calm down buddy. Population caps are in place to keep things relatively balanced. You don’t want to wait in queue? Then transfer to a lower tier server.

No, I don’t need to calm down “buddy”. My server is MY server. Deal with the traffic ANET.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

There are no queues on my server Hahaha, I don’t care about your queues!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Maybe you should unsubscribe, friendo

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Someone has an anger and self entitlement issue. Wanna play on zerg servers then deal with queues. Nothing to be fixed, all working as intended.

AR

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

60 minutes is all you waited. I used to play on BG for 2 months and remember queues longer then that, plus just wait til all the fairweather players are gone. Reading alittle bit on BG and they have sooo many fairweathers running around capping camps at 10mins til tick not caring about the actually score. I know WvW is for fun, but Tier 1 has a different approach to fun. Anyways transfer servers, get out of tier 1, its a toxic environment to begin with.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If you pay directly for the capital and operational costs (power, maintenance, bandwidth) of your own server, I’m pretty sure Anet would be more than happy to do that for you.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

I Hear tell there’s FREE TRANSFERS TO PLACES THAT DON’T HAVE Q’s…

I know right? WTKitten? REALLY?

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

BG is a super-stacked server now after SoS imploded last time.
60+ mins queue for a T1 server during reset time, that’s normal.
Deal with the queue time if you still wanna play in T1 stacked server.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

The wvwvw limit seams somewhat low compared to server size.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Esplen.3940

If you want to limit players in certain maps then add a “next available” to the options. Otherwise you have a three hour wait to get into “what ever crap map” that makes people angry enough to post here.

A next available option…? Like… you know… the queues…? You put yourself into Blackgate. You suffer the consequences.

Blizzard has terrible launchday etiquette and makes more than Arenanet by a longshot. Don’t say that they owe you anything. You’re playing their game. They’re not hosting yours.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

People crying about queues are making me sick. Choose a different server!! My guild picked a nice and stable t3/4/5 server and we never have long queues. And is the quality of play less in non t1/2 servers? Nope! It’s even more fun according to some.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: dragon.8625

dragon.8625

I’m on blackgate, we are in tier 1 btw, not t2. and don’t let one guy make us all look bad. the rest of us comprehend the concept of borderland caps and the reasons behind them., thanks and have a nice day

[APeX] Professor Tweak

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Esplen.3940

I’m on blackgate, we are in tier 1 btw, not t2. and don’t let one guy make us all look bad. the rest of us comprehend the concept of borderland caps and the reasons behind them., thanks and have a nice day

Yeah, sorry about the T2. I used to be “guesting” on BG before guesting was implemented, and that was when the whole JQ team-up fiasco was going on. I assumed you guys stayed in T2 after dropping.

The whole reason why the OP is making you look bad is because he thinks that the game is his and ANet is hosting it instead of it being ANet’s game and him playing it.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

By what measure? The vast majority of servers never hit queues, or hit them on only one of four maps. That makes it seem like a pretty good limit!

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Esplen.3940

By what measure? The vast majority of servers never hit queues, or hit them on only one of four maps. That makes it seem like a pretty good limit!

I think he’s comparing server size to WvW limit directly. Not including the PvE’rs, the fact that a single server doesn’t handle the entire server/world means that there has to be some sort of limit. Even with the current system in place, there is skill lag occuring due to servers getting 100% cpu usage… and yet people want MORE people to go in. Why? Because they aren’t in the mindless zerg.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

No, I don’t need to calm down “buddy”. My server is MY server. Deal with the traffic ANET.

Thank u, u made my day xD

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

lol they made made queues so people don’t just pile onto servers, Ex. t1 servers, of course you’re going to have queues, if you don’t like them then i suggest transferring out of tier 1. Tier 2 really only has that problem and reset nights and the weekends, while tiers 3-8 probably don’t even know what queues are (just kidding, just proving a point)

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

War is long periods of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror.

— old military adage.

W.A.I.!

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

The ques are still having issues, my GM logged on late, qued and was in in 15 minutes. Meanwhile several of us had been on for 45-60 min and still hadn’t gotten in before he even logged on. For the same map. kitten you kin!)

A few had been in que for upwards of 2 hours before I even got on and I got in before them.

You may need reset your que by re logging.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

You’re in blackgate a stacked tier 1 server expect it, there are about 15-18 servers below you which would love to have you with minimal queues. Ofcourse there are going to be hour long queues when people decide it’s a good idea to stack 3 servers.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

You could always transfer to a lower populated server, and you wouldn’t have queue times.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Blackgates #2 in T1… We have queues during Reset but other than that it’s kitten near non-existant, hell we’re outmanned in 2 BL’s right now

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

What is this queue you speak of? Must be so nice for your server to not struggle with population and actually have so many folks interested and involved in WvW.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

What is this queue you speak of? Must be so nice for your server to not struggle with population and actually have so many folks interested and involved in WvW.

No offense but this is funny coming from SF since you guys are curbstomping FC and ET due to your massive numbers.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

No offense but this is funny coming from SF since you guys are curbstomping FC and ET due to your massive numbers.

First, who said I was referring to my server when I was talking about struggling WvW population? Second, FC and ET just got a huge infusion of WvWers due to free transfers and the fights are FAR more competitive now. Third, unlike higher level servers, all of the T8 servers (including SF) just don’t have the WvW population to see action on all of the WvW maps, even during prime time.

Honestly, given all of the bandwagoners that piled onto the higher rated servers during free transfers and the WvW population struggles and glicko rating issues that the lower tier servers now face as a result, I can’t help but get out the wee little violin for someone from a T1 server posting multiple threads to whine about queue times.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

There are plenty of servers without queues. Maybe try a different server if you are unhappy with the queue lengths in T1. T2 rarely has queues other than reset night.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Kaineng generally has 0 queues … up to a couple mins for EB (yes queue in LA)

Reset night usually have 10-15 minute queue on EB and 1 BL, and other 2 BL’s no queues.

Kaineng where its at.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

This isn’t a problem any longer. BG really only has the NA forces to queue up two BLs as of late.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Only 60 min ? Lucky you. In prime, I have to wait around 2h30-3h for each map, once it even took 4h to have the message for EBG (fortunately I was on a borderlands). Useless to say : no WvW during prime :P

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

lol they made made queues so people don’t just pile onto servers, Ex. t1 servers, of course you’re going to have queues, if you don’t like them then i suggest transferring out of tier 1. Tier 2 really only has that problem and reset nights and the weekends, while tiers 3-8 probably don’t even know what queues are (just kidding, just proving a point)

Believe it or not last weeks reset when I logged in late pst time zone FA didn’t have a que on any map and that was reset day lol

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

….1st Tier problems

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.3456

Blade.3456

This post is now irrelevant for Blackgate
We always have 1-2 Borderlands without Queue during the week.
And @ Reset peak 15-20 mins would be the longest wait if you Queue all BL’s, which i suspect will further reduce, given the new EU friendly reset timing.

Vortex Blade – WvW Commander
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
[FirstLight] – BLACK DESERT ONLINE – EDAN http://www.firstlightgaming.com

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

ArenaNet made the same mistake as every other MMORPG developer throughout the history of gaming:

They underestimated the popularity of open world PvP.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Do your daily in the 60 min, make some gold, transfer to a lower tier, never clog up the internets with que qq again.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Soupa.9842

Soupa.9842

Someone please delete/lock this thread, its pointless.

Soupas Asura Elementalist GoM

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

ArenaNet made the same mistake as every other MMORPG developer throughout the history of gaming:

They underestimated the ability of their own players to ruin everything.

Fixed this for you.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

They underestimated the ability of their own players to ruin everything.

Fixed this for you.

This so much. Anet didn’t force him on BG and there were free transfers to medium pop servers. But then, someone will have to find something new to complain about….<looks at 85% of forum threads> oh wait.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Just to wait to get into WvW is inherently wrong. ANET made OVER 120 MILLION in sales and players have to tolerate waits over an hour? Are you kittening serious? This throws off the most experienced of players and is just inexcusable. Use SOME of that money on bandwidth and servers. WTF is wrong with you ANET?

ANET should troll this guy by giving him a free transfer (without warning) to FC.

-K

-K

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Pop caps are there because the maps are tiny and the game couldn’t handle more anyways. I agree it’s bullkitten, but you get what you pay for… b2p ftw

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Venereus.9473

Venereus.9473

The OP plays a Ranger. The queue did his server a favor, he should be grateful.

60+ Minutes is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

120 million in revenue is a flat number. Since there’s no pay-to-play setup like there is on WoW, they don’t have the money coming in to just spend on things. They have to prioritize and hope people give them money back through the purchase of gems and expansions.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer