7 day fights were fun..Now change it to 4 days please

in WvW

Posted by: willwill.9318

willwill.9318

As a member of ET , we are spawn camping the 5th and 6th place server.

I am sure nobody would mind a ninja “reset” monday night

www.the-darkhand.com <DDH>

in WvW

Posted by: bluescape.9176

bluescape.9176

WvW is supposed to go to two week cycles. Really that’s a good cycle to actually get a nice return on your defensive/offensive investments as well as actually reap the rewards on your benefits. If you reset all the servers then everyone else would get cheated simply because your opponents aren’t trying. If you only reset your current set of three, then you’d be back at their spawn camping them again within a day.

in WvW

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

looks like fundamental design flaw to me

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

looks like fundamental design flaw to me

agreed, great game.. poorly implemented… Also, this undermanned buff… WTF is that… more xp?? – How can I get XP when I’m being spawned camped????

in WvW

Posted by: GaiusJuliusCasear.7253

GaiusJuliusCasear.7253

WvW is ruining the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

bout the only thing I would change is the undermanned buff. +toughness, +health, +anything to make it semi fair.

I am on SBI one of the top servers so I never really see the undermanned buff but in its current state it is all but useless when you do have it and I feel sorry for the servers that have to put up with it right now.

(edited by Syphen.1980)

in WvW

Posted by: Squishei.5810

Squishei.5810

I agree with Syphen, the undermanned buff should be helping the lower population into the battlegrounds, not providing them with bonuses should they be able to do anything. If anything I wouldn’t mind if the orb and undermanned buffs were switched around.

in WvW

Posted by: Aedgyth.4790

Aedgyth.4790

I would have been totally against this until a few days ago – I think a 3-4 day format would almost have the intensity of the 24 hours, with a lot of the strategy of the longer matches. Is there one current week long match where the outcome has not already been more or less decided ? It seems almost pointless (and to some cruel http://i.imgur.com/uOesd.jpg ) to continue with this for the rest of the week.

in WvW

Syphen.1980

I would have been totally against this until a few days ago – I think a 3-4 day format would almost have the intensity of the 24 hours, with a lot of the strategy of the longer matches. Is there one current week long match where the outcome has not already been more or less decided ? It seems almost pointless (and to some cruel http://i.imgur.com/uOesd.jpg ) to continue with this for the rest of the week.

holy crap that much seige at a spawn point is ridiculous

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Did A-net really think all the hardcore guilds wouldn’t join all the same servers? The fundamental flaw was allowing free transfers for so long.

in WvW

Syphen.1980

Did A-net really think all the hardcore guilds wouldn’t join all the same servers? The fundamental flaw was allowing free transfers for so long.

all the hardcore guilds planned on rolling on the same servers long before the game launched. Free transfers had nothing to do with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

WvW is supposed to go to two week cycles.

Yes it is, but I don’t see a 2 week cycle working anytime soon; or a 1 week cycle for that matter. I’m not going to go into every little detail, but for starters population is a huge issue for WvWvW atm. As well as the matchmaking system.

Something needs to be done about the transfer system first to get the servers evened out, but as of now I think 3 day cycles would be prime. Because 2 weeks of this would just be really boring.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in WvW

Syphen.1980

WvW is supposed to go to two week cycles.

Something needs to be done about the transfer system first to get the servers evened out, but as of now I think 3 day cycles would be prime. Because 2 weeks of this would just be really boring.

Can’t really do anything about the pop imbalance except force guilds to move and that is not really fair to the guilds. Free transfers aren’t the problem

in WvW

Posted by: Aletheides.5693

Aletheides.5693

The system will balance itself out after a few weeks due to worlds moving up and down the rankings to face worlds with similar results.

in WvW

Posted by: Paladin.5268

Paladin.5268

WvW is supposed to go to two week cycles. Really that’s a good cycle to actually get a nice return on your defensive/offensive investments as well as actually reap the rewards on your benefits. If you reset all the servers then everyone else would get cheated simply because your opponents aren’t trying. If you only reset your current set of three, then you’d be back at their spawn camping them again within a day.

Not trying? I guess your one of the few “hardcore” players with a very narrow mindset. IoJ was trying as hard as we could, but we have our own server issues, such as no real over night presence. It is not anyone’s fault, as several of our guilds took towers and keeps, claimed them, and dumped a large amount of coin into upgrades and siege equipment to defend, only to find it all gone once we had to get to sleep and lose it 5-6 hours later during that time.

Please do not come here telling any server “we are not trying” when you have no clue what our guilds are trying hard to achieve on IoJ. We all want to have a fun time, being mean and condescending doesn’t help.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The system will balance itself out after a few weeks due to worlds moving up and down the rankings to face worlds with similar results.

This. You Gankhead-Zergfester types will just have to cool your jets while the servers get matched up. Let me also be the one to assure you that the people who are stuck in their spawn spots are no happier than you are.

If you really want a challenge, move back to the smaller servers for free, while you still can.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

The only design flaw I see is failure in the queue systems: broken queues making some people wait too long even in a short queue; lack of information on which server has a queue; lack of information on which worlds within a server have a queue; lack of information over our place in the queue.

Arenenet holds some foreseeable blame here too. All of their “stress tests” were held during business hours. I doubt they got as much stress as they needed. BWE’s were the better test but that was only 3 days here and there.

They probably could have seen a lot more issues if they’d let beta run for just 1 week straight at any point.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: tbox.2307

tbox.2307

Please please fix this 7 day thing. You devs ruined Isle of Janthir and Sea of Sorrows. Good job. Job well done. If the devs dont put a stop to this matchup my guild is transfering to another server. Isle of Janthir and Sea of Sorrows will be pure PvE servers because the WvW guilds are going to leave. Ok ,we only have like 3 lol.

in WvW

Posted by: tbox.2307

tbox.2307

This. You Gankhead-Zergfester types will just have to cool your jets while the servers get matched up. Let me also be the one to assure you that the people who are stuck in their spawn spots are no happier than you are.

If you really want a challenge, move back to the smaller servers for free, while you still can.

We are less happy then they are. Erredon Terrace guilds don’t care about unfair fights. They may kitten like this thread but SoS and IoJ people are just going to transfer now.

in WvW

Posted by: CardboardBox.6087

CardboardBox.6087

Yeah? And then what happens we come up against SB, JQ and HoD? Don’t flatter yourself…the guild alliances and organization isn’t to beat up on lower ranked servers. Its to be competitive against the top tier servers.