7th VS 2nd & 3rd - Tiers should PLAY OWN TIER

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

The subject says it all.

It’s not just us, it’s all of WvW being manipulated by “manual” additions and subtractions of scores.

It’s not just that either.

What produces this unequal pairing of servers for this week’s WvW?

It can’t be position, since 7th, 2nd and 3rd are two tiers apart. WvW’ers on all sides should be asking how this can happen and why it is allowed to happen since it affects all of us, not just these three servers.

How can it be that cheaters are still allowed to glitch into or use mechanics that are invisible four years into WvW? We’re still reporting them and they aren’t stopping anyone that we have experienced.

How can it be that server changes, the links that change a metric so much is ignored when those changes occur, leaving a server wide open when they had ‘decent’ coverage before they were paired with one that has no interest in WvW nor the mechanics which make it successful for any server and who literally can make a server worse by doing exactly the opposite of what is normal and acceptable in WvW?

This isn’t about ‘matchups’, this is about literally ignoring those who do WvW almost exclusively and the changes which happen when linkings changes which ok, we can understand it changes but why are Tier 1 Servers ever allowed to link with anyone?

It can’t stay that way permanently so any server that makes it to Tier 1 most likely won’t be able to sustain it unless

Unless they do what servers are doing right now and Anet is ignoring it.

People are moving to the linked server to ally themselves with the winners of the matches. And the scores prove that a 2v1 that is manipulated by the players themselves is now a total joke and known way around the linking system.

Problem with that is you aren’t linking a weak server any longer. You are creating an untenable alliance with moves that may benefit the coffers of Anet, but it makes WvW an absolute lie and impossibility for any commanders who are working their hearts out and can’t even take a single tower on EBG in 12 hours or more.

Look at the map and tell me that you ‘fixed’ WvW by using an illogical and easily abused linking system.

The CEO should be appalled to have allowed this 2v1 to become a monster that can’t be fought no matter how many people a single server brings into WvW.

The players have made alliances since you would not and it’s destroying the integrity of WvW and what was almost a fair system at the beginning.

Tourneys mattered.

Servers mattered.

Transfers were few.

Free players should not be allowed to play PvP OR WvW.

Restrictions on WvW moves need to be implemented across the board. – twice a year.

Remove linking and give us back our Tournaments.

WvW was supposed to be about tactics, skill and have a modicum of fairness that couldn’t be manipulated.

Anet manipulated scores.

Players manipulate server populations for one side out three to win.

There is no red. Tier 3 home keep and a score that says it all.

Blue and Green don’t take one another’s properties by agreement and design.

WvW has become the most manipulated game mode in gaming history and one of the most hacked since Diablo 2.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Ehh? There is no 2v1. The picture just shows that mag played better than us/ had more organization/ppl/coverage in ebg. the match up on the bls has been pretty fun. I havent played much for a while but this weekend was fun. Jumped to ebg, and plenty of ppl who know that spawn has more exits, can join ts were having fun. fa backcapping isnt much of a 2v1.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Please pay particular attention to the picture.

There is no red. Tier 3 home keep and a score that says it all.

Blue and Green don’t take one another’s properties by agreement and design.

WvW has become the most manipulated game mode in gaming history.

I understand being annoyed about who you are up against but I think this agreement not to take each others property is imaginary. It doesn’t look to me like there is an alliance between Blue and Green. From the picture I see Plenty towers and camps are contested. 2 green towers, 2 blue towers and 2 blue camps contested though to be fair the north green ones might be contested by red players. And the orange crossed swords at Stonemist Castle imply one team(I’d put my money on it being blue) is fighting to take it from the green.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

On mag, there is no 2 vs 1,against YB In fact in that screen shot, theres orange swords on SMC that shows we were literally fighting FA over it….. In fact with all the YB and FA backcapping while we fight, we could argue its 2 vs 1 against Mag!

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I gather the matchup sucks, but really, I’m not sure why you would think they would need to 2v1 to beat you. It seems like Green had a really strong train going and blue just took advantage of the situation. EDIT: Wait, blue is attacking green’s EB side…. If anything blue is helping you.

Also, FA’s being pretty aggressive on Mag’s BL. Meanwhile, Red BL is mostly intact. This might be because it’s the desert BL, but if there was a true 2v1 I doubt you’d have any of it left- that means they must be fighting each other somewhere.

And besides, even if they 2v1 you, then you’ll lose glicko and be less likely to roll this bad matchup again. Perhaps you should thank them instead.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

In a close balance, tier should be meaningless as a reason for uneven fights and obviously, you are not asking for balance.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The glicko ratings between tiers have been consolidating and the rating deviation and volatility was reset which leads to good changes in match-ups. This is glorious.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

The CEO should be appalled to have allowed this 2v1

The CEO … allowed this 2v1

Not sure if you’re joking,

but there is no 2v1 – Blue is not touching red’s objectives and is attacking green. Green likely just has more people playing than either red or blue. You’ve just rolled a bad matchup, better luck next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The glicko ratings between tiers have been consolidating and the rating deviation and volatility was reset which leads to good changes in match-ups. This is glorious.

#TheDreamHasRotated.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Linking was voted in by 80%, and the devs are doing their best to provide better quality matches, but they can’t make any of our personal servers better… If you don’t like your match up then move to a different server or work on building up your personal server.

Enough with these match up threads.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

this kitten only happends on NA cus for some reason people on NA dont like PvP but prefer PPT all day long vs same kittenty servers.
EU is perfectly fine no1 get team bagged and no1 gives a rats kitten about T1 or T2 or T3 all give equal amount of good fights infact sometimes ur better off on T2 T3 then T1 if ur looking for fights so who cares?

btw its NA community that “destroys” ur WvW its not up to Anet/devs to fix this.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Eh such a long post, you could just sum it up in one sentence:
“Anet please glicko adjust YB down, please and thank you.”

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.8576

Packit.8576

Chaba has a hairy kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

There is no 2v1 going on. It’s the typical YB unorganized anarchy, unless a couple of guilds team up to take on coordinated groups on the other side.

YB is disliked by a vocal group of players based on the behavior of a group of players from years ago, most of whom are no longer on the server. That doesn’t mean there is a 2v1 going on, either.

Last night, for example, until we had to call raids die to lag and dc’s, there were a lot of fun three way fights during na.

The real issue is that for whatever reason, a lot of YB simply isn’t playing right now. We had about 60 people in three guilds hopping maps looking for evenish fights last night, and only one other tag out.

That’s why you’re seeing what you are seeing.

(edited by Sarika.3756)

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

There is no 2v1 going on. It’s the typical YB unorganized anarchy, unless a couple of guilds team up to take on coordinated groups on the other side.

+1 – So true.

What people who don’t play on YB never seem to take on board is that Yaks has no clear server leadership like other servers seem to have and by and large never has had. Over the years there have been various commanders capable of organizing things (DK being the obvious prime example) and a few relatively capable guilds that raided at fixed hours but in general The Bend has always been a hotch-potch of small WvW guilds, PvX guilds and many, many individuals all just making it up as they go along.

If someone doesn’t take things by the scruff of the neck then it all falls apart. That’s how we like it!

The people standing around in EBG complaining about how unfair it all is in no way represent the true Yak spirit. This is a pretty good match in terms of fights and fun and there’s no difficulty in finding entertainment on the other three BLs if you just go and look for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

A sad YB player

WvW was supposed to be about skill

Heh. Okay, I’ve had my chuckle for the morning. Time for some coffee. Thanks. =)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

I remember DK playing 5 days straight waypointing keeps in mag bl after we logged for bed and poop sucking em. this is probably the reason for the focus.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

DK has barely played in months.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Those dirty Mag’s always ruining a good time.

No it’s not a 2 v 1, Mag is probably the second largest server and they just happen to dislike YB more then FA. It may seem as a 2 v 1 but I suspect that if FA attacks Mag they also face being steam rolled by the Mag 200 man roaming grp, so they fight what they can handle which would be YB. There is no coordinated 2 v 1, there is only biting off what you can chew, and neither server can chew on Mags numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Whats funny is that when we had YBs keep 2 days ago that at the beginning of the ocx timezone YB and FA were 2v1ing Mag hard so YB could get back their keep and I guess so FA could win the skirmish.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

All mag does is run condi tank blobs – Condi condi condi heal heal heal condi condi condi heal heal heal – Magswagging it out. condi blob style.

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Ehh? There is no 2v1. The picture just shows that mag played better than us/ had more organization/ppl/coverage in ebg. the match up on the bls has been pretty fun. I havent played much for a while but this weekend was fun. Jumped to ebg, and plenty of ppl who know that spawn has more exits, can join ts were having fun. fa backcapping isnt much of a 2v1.

What you are saying isn’t what we have recorded and screenshotted to death.

The game is being manipulated. I am sorry you can’t see what so many others, and Anet, can see if they were being honest with the WvW community.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

atheria.2837

Whats funny is that when we had YBs keep 2 days ago that at the beginning of the ocx timezone YB and FA were 2v1ing Mag hard so YB could get back their keep and I guess so FA could win the skirmish.

You are incredibly wrong.

FA and YB don’t talk to one another and we certainly don’t 2v1 any other server, EVER.

Apparently you aren’t in WvW 6-8 hours a day and it shows by your post and lack of knowing what is going on in the short time you are on and into PST daytime when most are at work in the U.S..

in WvW

atheria.2837

DK has barely played in months.

What has that got to do with servers being stacked?

Frank hasn’t been here much either and we have a new linking, both of which are far more devastating to YB than a person who has ‘internet problems’ which I highly doubt at this point.

I have offered to help him get better internet or help pay for it… And I was shunned and silenced.

We will sink or swim as people stand up to command and do what is needed when asked, instead of arguing, which is happening more than ever in a place where cooperation and trust, are paramount.

Sorry, wrong issue anyway, back to servers being manipulated…

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Why.. so.. serious?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Op, you take the game way too serious it seems. You’re imagining things. Mag farmed FA in their corner and took their keep. “We got proof”(ROFL) You should just take a break and go outside or take a break and play a bit on another game or watch a comedy. This game isn’t worth raging over. Seriously.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

FA and YB don’t talk to one another and we certainly don’t 2v1 any other server, EVER.

Apparently you aren’t in WvW 6-8 hours a day and it shows by your post and lack of knowing what is going on in the short time you are on and into PST daytime when most are at work in the U.S..

Ad hominem.

Whether by accident or design YB and FA both hit Mag hard at the same time, ergo a 2v1, it doesn’t require talking to each other.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

That pic just shows lack of coverage or poor coverage, not a deliberate 2v1 by 2 other servers. Anvil Rock got to see that along with all 3 bl’s not having our color (basically no OCX/SEA/EU coverage will do that) for months leading up to server linking.

Somebody from YB made a comment about AR the other night and I got dc’c before I could explain that we pretty much no longer exist in any big numbers any more. There was me & one other from my guild on at the time. There were a few from another guild working in YBBL but I think most of them had called it a night about the time the question came up.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Op, you take the game way too serious it seems. You’re imagining things. Mag farmed FA in their corner and took their keep. “We got proof”(ROFL) You should just take a break and go outside or take a break and play a bit on another game or watch a comedy. This game isn’t worth raging over. Seriously.

Yea, I’ve been reading it isn’t healthy.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/salt-and-sodium/sodium-health-risks-and-disease/

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Too seriously?

You don’t take it seriously enough, spawn camping a tier 3 server when you have a tier 1 server you ignore completely.

You are the illogical one.

in WvW

atheria.2837

That pic just shows lack of coverage or poor coverage, not a deliberate 2v1 by 2 other servers. Anvil Rock got to see that along with all 3 bl’s not having our color (basically no OCX/SEA/EU coverage will do that) for months leading up to server linking.

Somebody from YB made a comment about AR the other night and I got dc’c before I could explain that we pretty much no longer exist in any big numbers any more. There was me & one other from my guild on at the time. There were a few from another guild working in YBBL but I think most of them had called it a night about the time the question came up.

Hey Anvil Rock person, we have coverage, loads of it.

Tier THREE can’t play against Tier ONE and have any chance at all.

It’s about the tiers.

Tier 1 servers should not be linked.

Tier 1 servers should not be MANUALLY set to play Tier 3 servers.

I will be glad when our linking is gone, your server hates to listen to anyone.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Ad hominem.

Whether by accident or design YB and FA both hit Mag hard at the same time, ergo a 2v1, it doesn’t require talking to each other.

You didn’t address nor care about the base issue.

This isn’t ad hominem. Tiers either matter or we might as well take all the ‘tiers’ out of it and let the bottom play the top and then watch as the top has it all and the bottom never has a chance to play at all.

There is no logic to your comment whatsoever so why did you bother if you were just going to grief?

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Hey Anvil Rock person, we have coverage, loads of it.

Tier THREE can’t play against Tier ONE and have any chance at all.

It’s about the tiers.

Tier 1 servers should not be linked.

Tier 1 servers should not be MANUALLY set to play Tier 3 servers.

I will be glad when our linking is gone, your server hates to listen to anyone.

Considering I watched 3 or 4 different YB commanders complain & then leave because YB people just wanted to get spawn farmed by Mag, we ain’t the only ones that don’t listen apparently. On the plus side, I did get to relax & drink a beer while watching a bunch of people beat their head against the Mag wall. It was pretty entertaining, especially when the Mag guy put several rounds from a treb thru the spawn gate uprights. Guy must have been a place kicker in a past life or had a spotter.

I can say YB popped my WvW cherry though. I’ve never actually seen a server people hated enough to spawn camp and get to watch it in action. First time for everything I suppose. It is quite possibly the first time I’ve ever thought about moving off of AR.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

How can it be that cheaters are still allowed to glitch into or use mechanics that are invisible four years into WvW? We’re still reporting them and they aren’t stopping anyone that we have experienced.

That’s because most, if not all of NC’s games, are plagued by bots, scripts, RMTs and cheats and they actually bring in more revenue because by paradox those who are responsible for the game’s demise are the ones to sustain it.

Welcome to the F2P model.

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I think you’re confused, OP. No one is double teaming Yaks Bend, they’re also fighting each other. The difference is, FA and Maguuma are defending their stuff.

Yaks Bend used to be the defense server, siege and scouts everywhere. You guys just have lost your touch and it isn’t a challenge taking your stuff anymore. Everyone takes Yaks Bends stuff because it is easy to do. It is too hard for FA and Maguuma to take each others stuff, not that we don’t try to take each others stuff, just that it is easier to take Yaks Bends.

I can’t say that I feel bad for YB or want them to get back to their roots, I’d really just like them to fall to the abyss of T4 and stay there.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I think you’re confused, OP. No one is double teaming Yaks Bend, they’re also fighting each other. The difference is, FA and Maguuma are defending their stuff.

Yaks Bend used to be the defense server, siege and scouts everywhere. You guys just have lost your touch and it isn’t a challenge taking your stuff anymore. Everyone takes Yaks Bends stuff because it is easy to do. It is too hard for FA and Maguuma to take each others stuff, not that we don’t try to take each others stuff, just that it is easier to take Yaks Bends.

I can’t say that I feel bad for YB or want them to get back to their roots, I’d really just like them to fall to the abyss of T4 and stay there.

To be fair, I don’t think it’s a case of lost your touch, it’s more a case of Mag outnumbering YB 100:1 (slight exaggeration). Add to that they hate YB and while they are hitting FA as well, their main focus is shutting down YB.

in WvW

atheria.2837

You, like most others, are not addressing the issue in the title.

How and why are two tier one servers pitted against a tier three server?

You can’t answer that, and neither will Anet who is manipulating the servers and ignoring any relinkings.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Easy.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-coming-to-wvw-matchups/

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Easy.

Is this a trick question?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

there should be no tier in the first place. even if there is, should not have been made public . match up should be random since the beginning.

but, alas, damage has been done. people flocked to winning servers. wvw is screwed forever.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Ziggy.3842

Ziggy.3842

there should be no tier in the first place. even if there is, should not have been made public . match up should be random since the beginning.

but, alas, damage has been done. people flocked to winning servers. wvw is screwed forever.

If tiers were “random” then your server CD would have a chance of facing a current top tier server, that would be incredibly boring for everyone involved. Tiers allow for competitive play, your server will eventually stabilize in its correct tier. “Removing tiers” is not an option xD

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

If tiers were “random” then your server CD would have a chance of facing a current top tier server, that would be incredibly boring for everyone involved. Tiers allow for competitive play, your server will eventually stabilize in its correct tier. “Removing tiers” is not an option xD

i said since the beginning… when WvW started…. regardsless…. it’s too late now…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Posted by: Ziggy.3842

Ziggy.3842

i said since the beginning… when WvW started….

Please re-read what I just said and try your best to comprehend it…

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

“Removing tiers” is not an option xD

Removing tiers is an option.

Assign 1 Map to each Server.

Then enable World Guesting for WvW & let players visit & fight on any Server, but with limitations on How many & Which Severs they can visit weekly.

Give more rewards to players attacking a server ranked higher than their server.

Give less rewards to players attacking a server ranked lower than their server.

Then show players the top 3 servers attacking their single map in a random order.

For a Better Long Term Solution to WvW – Try a Google Search for – wvg world vs globes

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

Top tier is just coverage not competitive. would love to trash some garbage t1 guilds.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Top tier is just coverage not competitive. would love to trash some garbage t1 guilds.

They will just throw numbers on you. That’s what T1 guilds are about. That when they aren’t 3-4 guild groups walking holding hands.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

atheria.2837

They will just throw numbers on you. That’s what T1 guilds are about. That when they aren’t 3-4 guild groups walking holding hands.

Just as an aside, YB misses its best link partner so far.

Rock on FC.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Easy.

Apparently you didn’t read… Anet isn’t honoring their word on this statement at all.

“To counter this, we’re going to partially randomize server matchups, with the exception being we won’t match servers against other servers whose rating falls outside of an acceptable range. This range will be determined by using your world’s rating and deviation (already listed on the leaderboards).”

The care they said they’d exhibit NEVER HAPPENED

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Easy.

Apparently you didn’t read… Anet isn’t honoring their word on this statement at all.

“To counter this, we’re going to partially randomize server matchups, with the exception being we won’t match servers against other servers whose rating falls outside of an acceptable range. This range will be determined by using your world’s rating and deviation (already listed on the leaderboards).”

Huh? This is how match-making has been working since that post. The “acceptable range” is +/- 100 rating.

The ratings of the top seven servers last match were:
1- 2 086.395
2- 1 953.507
3- 1 933.747
4- 1 922.419
5- 1 882.185
6- 1 863.060
7- 1 852.305

Now you see that many of those ratings are within the +/- 100 “acceptable range”. There was only a 10 point difference between rank 6 and rank 7 and 81 point difference between rank 2 and rank 7. That means the rank 7 server was well within the “acceptable range” to roll positive and rank 6 to roll negative. Ten points is too small of a difference to have an impact in the way the randomized roll will occur.

As for rank 2 rolling down, you can see that the rank 4 and rank 5 servers are also within the “acceptable range”, having less than a 100 point difference with the rank 2 server.

This answers your question as to how and why the rank 7 server ended up in a match against rank 2 and rank 3. Perfectly expected and “acceptable”.

Edit: I should add, the “acceptable range” used to be much wider, like +/- 200, when Anet first introduced the randomized roll. They made it smaller a few months later.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Easy.

Huh? This is how match-making has been working since that post. The “acceptable range” is +/- 100 rating.

The ratings of the top seven servers last match were:
1- 2 086.395
2- 1 953.507
3- 1 933.747
4- 1 922.419
5- 1 882.185
6- 1 863.060
7- 1 852.305

Now you see that many of those ratings are within the +/- 100 “acceptable range”. There was only a 10 point difference between rank 6 and rank 7 and 81 point difference between rank 2 and rank 7. That means the rank 7 server was well within the “acceptable range” to roll positive and rank 6 to roll negative. Ten points is too small of a difference to have an impact in the way the randomized roll will occur.

As for rank 2 rolling down, you can see that the rank 4 and rank 5 servers are also within the “acceptable range”, having less than a 100 point difference with the rank 2 server.

This answers your question as to how and why the rank 7 server ended up in a match against rank 2 and rank 3. Perfectly expected and “acceptable”.

Oh no! SIMPLE MATH!!?!! Don’t hurt them, Chaba.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com