80x WvW Potions = LUL

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Kaspar.3892

Kaspar.3892

GM ShadowForm, I hope you’re watching because this is for you.

So for the memes for WvW Rewards and hopefullness of getting a ball rolling on WvW Rewards being terrible, I sent in a support ticket.

I feel like i got scammed by using 80x Potion of WvW Rewards on the Draconis Mons Reward Track for WvW. All that I got out of it was a sore wrist from moving my mouse to click the chest then moving it to click accept over and over and over alongside only a bunch of trash, which in this case is definitely not a case of “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure” because half of it couldn’t even be sold to the merchant because it was account bound cooking materials that 99% of the player base already has capped on in their storage. From the looks of it, I only got maybe 3-4g worth of loot from the 80 Potions of WvW Rewards, plus 50 Fire Orchid Blossoms, which might I add is like giving someone a quarter slice of cake, and it’s the part that’s hard from being left out too long. I think that WvW Reward Tracks should provide a lot more rewards than they currently do. Especially considering the amount of time it takes to complete a track, be it collecting 80 Potions of WvW Rewards or playing WvW for the 5-10 hours (depending on your participation and boosters).

FeelsUnrewardedMan

To which I got a reply of:
—-
“Regrettably we’re unable to provide reward track rewards for players, but the unbound magic you received can be used to purchase T6 materials from various merchants in the newer HoT maps and then sold on the trading post, just as an idea for how you could liquidate your rewards.”
—-

Turning in my unbound magic into t6 materials you say eh?

Too bad I only got about 1000ish unbound magic from it. O.o That’s enough for 2 Magic-Warped Bundle (which also adds 1g each to the cost to buy it, and could easily end up in a loss of profit (see Crystal Lodestones, Glacial Lodestones, Ebony Orb, Maguuma Burl, Pile of Putrid Essense, etc.)) or 4 Magic-Warped Packets (which cost 50s each and could also lead to a loss of profit) >_>

So uh…. This still feels like that leftover old cake. Sure it has potential to maybe have a sweet spot, but the odds aren’t in my favor. If I spend 50s and 250 unbound magic for 1 magic-warped packet, and get something worth even 60s, I end up with less than 50s after trading post taxes and fees.

Lets see what else I might be able to get that could potentially lead to profit from this track:
Mini Pets? All of which are non-tradeable and most times you don’t want out while in wvw due to stealth not effecting mini pets. No profit there
Obsidian Shards? I already get a crap ton of these from reward tracks in general, no need to buy more, and can’t really profiit from them.
Lots of Tributes for Legendaries? can’t sell them, and if I were working on a legendary, I’d definitely have just used the potions on the gift of battle track instead. No use for this option.
Node Bushes? those cost 10,000 each, no way am I going to run through 800 wvw potions AND 50g to get the 10,000 unbound magic just for something I’m only going to be able to mine once per day and get maybe 1 item from.

I’m trying to find something that will make this worth while, but I’m not seeing it.

TLDR: #MakeWvWRewardsGreat… I’d say again but that’d imply they were actually good at one point.

Lets get this ball rolling on ANet bringing WvW up to at least par w/ the current content rewards. If not better than it as to insentivize gameplay.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

In all honesty I don’t expect much from reward tracks nor future ones and that in it’s entirety is pretty sad. The only thing most people are after is the end item – of which in a particular case regarding Winterberries… People were unimaginably underwhelmed considering you can literally waltz around in that PvE map and acquire ~54 berries in around 6 minutes with boosters on as opposed to the 50 berries you get in the reward track with sub par rewards and to top it all off – takes hours to complete.

Thank you for your science experiment and warning us. Definitely won’t be picking that track – I had a hunch it was going to be another disappointment.

I really think they should buff the reward tracks or look into ones that are rather sub par. Maybe even add a token track where we can then exchange the tokens into blueprints/food of our choice and by tokens I mean hopefully some sort of existing currency … Idk.. Grasping for ideas but it’s better than nothing.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

In all honesty I don’t expect much from reward tracks nor future ones and that in it’s entirety is pretty sad. The only thing most people are after is the end item – of which in a particular case regarding Winterberries… People were unimaginably underwhelmed considering you can literally waltz around in that PvE map and acquire ~54 berries in around 6 minutes with boosters on as opposed to the 50 berries you get in the reward track with sub par rewards and to top it all off – takes hours to complete.

Thank you for your science experiment and warning us. Definitely won’t be picking that track – I had a hunch it was going to be another disappointment.

I really think they should buff the reward tracks or look into ones that are rather sub par. Maybe even add a token track where we can then exchange the tokens into blueprints/food of our choice and by tokens I mean hopefully some sort of existing currency … Idk.. Grasping for ideas but it’s better than nothing.

Yeah, I agree. Would be great to have some improvements considering it’s 8+ hours worth of play time.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

People were unimaginably underwhelmed considering you can literally waltz around in that PvE map and acquire ~54 berries in around 6 minutes with boosters on as opposed to the 50 berries you get in the reward track with sub par rewards and to top it all off – takes hours to complete.

You mean 100 berries?

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

People were unimaginably underwhelmed considering you can literally waltz around in that PvE map and acquire ~54 berries in around 6 minutes with boosters on as opposed to the 50 berries you get in the reward track with sub par rewards and to top it all off – takes hours to complete.

You mean 100 berries?

Which for – the track or the farm? Sorry I haven’t actually done the track so idk if it’s 50 or not.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You mean 100 berries?

Which for – the track or the farm? Sorry I haven’t actually done the track so idk if it’s 50 or not.

Track is 100 berries, makes it worthwhile as it converts to unbound magic and to currency for the trinkets. Personally I’ve used the reward tracks to gear something like 4-5 characters with the HoT trinkets I wanted. Sure, I could have gotten it much faster doing the PVE farm, but getting it free while I play what I have fun playing… can’t complain.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Horseshoe.5908

Horseshoe.5908

This greed is just disgusting. Players always want more and more. Some time ago reward tracks did not even exist AND we had fun playing WvW because of the game mode. If you want more rewards – play PvE.
And: There are enough buffs to fill the reward track faster. You get sieges, you get t3-6 material depending on your opening character, you get exotics and sometimes a pre (yes, I got flame of rodgort out of the track) and you get the currencies from the new maps without beeing forced to play PvE for your gear.
What else do you want?
It’s a free bonus. You should be happy about it.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

The rewards tracks are fine. You can even farm them AFK.

I do not think that they are the main reward in WvW, just a little extra.

Your Zerg lost the battle and you lost the tower… well at least you have the reward track.

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I lost sympathy in your argument with the bit about minis and stealth.

Seriously though, reward tracks weren’t introduced as a means for us to profit, they were added so we wouldn’t have to step out of wvw to get stuff we use in wvw.

Past or present, WvW has never been known as a gold farm. But, if it were, you are correct, it would attract new players. I’m just not sure how those players or the mode itself would be viewed afterwords.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The worst part of filling a PvP game mode with valuable PvE rewards is that the PvE majority start farming for the rewards and they turn your PvP game mode into PvE.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

This greed is just disgusting. Players always want more and more. Some time ago reward tracks did not even exist AND we had fun playing WvW because of the game mode. If you want more rewards – play PvE.
And: There are enough buffs to fill the reward track faster. You get sieges, you get t3-6 material depending on your opening character, you get exotics and sometimes a pre (yes, I got flame of rodgort out of the track) and you get the currencies from the new maps without beeing forced to play PvE for your gear.
What else do you want?
It’s a free bonus. You should be happy about it.

So it’s only okay for pve players to complain about rewards being low? Fractals were the most profitable game-mode at the start of the expansion by far but tons of pve’rs still complained about it not being enough so anet buffed it and now your basically guaranteed a couple ascended crates a week minimum along with a ton of gold.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You mean 100 berries?

Track is 100 berries, makes it worthwhile as it converts to unbound magic and to currency for the trinkets. Personally I’ve used the reward tracks to gear something like 4-5 characters with the HoT trinkets I wanted. Sure, I could have gotten it much faster doing the PVE farm, but getting it free while I play what I have fun playing… can’t complain.

The doric track gives 100 too for some strange reason, better unbound magic value there if you’re looking for that specifically.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Take the doggy shoulderpad and vendor it for 2g50

Nalhadia – Kaineng

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I do rewards tracks for the clovers. Everything else is just a nice bonus.

Bloodstone Fen and Ember Bay tracks also give siege blueprints.

80x WvW Potions = LUL

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Thank you for the warning kind sir.
made a note to self to not activate that track.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140