A Clean Keep is a Kept Keep

in WvW

Posted by: PeppermintTea.6341

PeppermintTea.6341

Can we just take a moment and talk about the importance of sweeping after you take a keep? I don’t care how big your zerg is, if you’ve got one clever little mesmer, you might as well have not taken it at all.

Look who I found in Hills last night. Just having a grand ’ol time!

I think with all the rush and excitement over the new season, some have forgotten some basic WvW strategies. So, just a basic PSA, remember to sweep! Keep us mesmers on our toes!

Attachments:

By the way… Do you happen to know what the fine is here in Tyria for necrophilia? Just asking.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Sorry but clean keeps and ‘kept keeps’ lower wxp/hour.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If you let the mesmer stay inside he can port his zerg past the doors so they can flip it asap, thus allowing your side to recap it for maximum rewards!

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

wvw is a wvx train dw about it

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I hid 3x in the Lords room of Hills during Week 1 of Leagues as a Guard, I kid you not. Of course, it’s easier when the people taking it pvdoor’d their way in. Often don’t bother sweeping when that is the case.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

If I found a Quaggan hiding in a keep, I certainly wouldn’t kill them.

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Mac Beta

reported

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Looking at the PPT…I doubt anyone cares at that point.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Looking at the PPT…I doubt anyone cares at that point.

I don’t know. On SBI, we can be up +600 and still sweep places good. I guess we are kittens like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

No. we don’t want to sweep for Mesmers now…

We purposely ignore them so we can reflip keep/sm…

More loot…

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

i enjoy all the funny posts in here…but it is kinda sad when the majority of the folks are posting about not defending or sweeping in favor of wxp/karma farming

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Portal should still be removed from this game. It’s still disappointing that they seem totally unwilling to do it, despite it breaking the flow of WvW and allowing skipping of Jumping Puzzle content. I wonder what it would actually take for them to do it?

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

i enjoy all the funny posts in here…but it is kinda sad when the majority of the folks are posting about not defending or sweeping in favor of wxp/karma farming

#newmeta

/15 charrs

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

If you let the mesmer stay inside he can port his zerg past the doors so they can flip it asap, thus allowing your side to recap it for maximum rewards!

+1

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Any developers reading this thread?

This is a direct result of your “character progression” scheme and the addition of champion loot bags / ascended materials to keep/tower lord drops.

Account bound WxP, decent rewards for defense and hard limits on golem/ram building (5 golems per map, 2 rams per gate max) need to be implemented as soon as possible. The alternative is this PvE counterflip circle junk play taking over every match. Gone are the days of the epic castle sieges the designers had envisioned, bring them back please.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Any developers reading this thread?

This is a direct result of your “character progression” scheme and the addition of champion loot bags / ascended materials to keep/tower lord drops.

Account bound WxP, decent rewards for defense and hard limits on golem/ram building (5 golems per map, 2 rams per gate max) need to be implemented as soon as possible. The alternative is this PvE counterflip circle junk play taking over every match. Gone are the days of the epic castle sieges the designers had envisioned, bring them back please.

I’ll +1 this post. Been playing wvw for awhile and always thought it was sort of competitive and about winning the week…but after reading in this post, and seeing everything from a different perspective it’s obvious that everyone is just farming It’s like seeing behind the curtain at a magic show or something..

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

That’s what you get when you turn WvW into a PvE achieve farmfest.