A Complete List of WvW Bugs (FOR ANET)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Should one person be able to keep an objective contested?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yes.

It alerts defenders that the objective is under attack so that one person cannot keep attacking a gate for a very very very long time until the gate is down.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

• Rams deployed on outer double gates in EB can hit inner gate. IMO a bug.

Not a bug at all. Completely intentional and carefully planned.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

Nice thread. I don’t know how many of these issues we can feasibly tackle, but I’m sure you’ll see at least a few fixes come from this.

Nope, sorry, this is a terrible response.

Others have said it and so will I. We’ve reported, complained, and countless new people to the game have known about these bugs since launch. You should be actively working on these things. Instead, we feel like we are being undervalues. “Meh, they’ll just have to live with it.” attitude is unhealthy for you’re player base, especially when, like others have said many, many times, pve gets bugs fixed within hours. I would imagine that you guys are tired of hearing this all the time.

I really appreciate the new map. EotM is beautiful and really well designed. But seriously, you guys worked on that for a few months and came up with something beautiful. Why is it the game has been out for a year and a half, and beta before that, and some of these bugs still exist? Please, get on some of these. Y’all finally made it so we could kick people from party. ’Bout time. Keep up that sort of thing.

My addition: Fix temporal curtain so it will stack swiftness.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

A dev, mod, or WvW representative appears for a short amount of time, makes a few posts an then disappears for several months, where the process then repeats itself with another. This only seems to happen in the WvW Forum sections.

This is a very serious bug which must be fixed!

Vampire Diaries fans will find this image funny, Its gonna be Tyler’s next post, though technically its also his first:

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

(edited by Omaris Mortuus Est.2738)

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Nice thread. I don’t know how many of these issues we can feasibly tackle, but I’m sure you’ll see at least a few fixes come from this.

Nope, sorry, this is a terrible response.

Others have said it and so will I. We’ve reported, complained, and countless new people to the game have known about these bugs since launch. You should be actively working on these things. Instead, we feel like we are being undervalues. “Meh, they’ll just have to live with it.” attitude is unhealthy for you’re player base, especially when, like others have said many, many times, pve gets bugs fixed within hours. I would imagine that you guys are tired of hearing this all the time.

I really appreciate the new map. EotM is beautiful and really well designed. But seriously, you guys worked on that for a few months and came up with something beautiful. Why is it the game has been out for a year and a half, and beta before that, and some of these bugs still exist? Please, get on some of these. Y’all finally made it so we could kick people from party. ’Bout time. Keep up that sort of thing.

My addition: Fix temporal curtain so it will stack swiftness.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

in WvW

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Has it been mentioned that Rangers can’t really hit NPC archers from below & has issues shooting below, or due to the low arrow speed or some bad scripting makes the clearly visible hits “Obstructed” “Out of Range” “Miss” & “Evaded” ?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Number 3 is not a bug. The waypoint opens because the defense timer completes its only open for a split second all the attacking group has to do is go tap a gate.

I think “NotKalkz” is referring to the fact that a server has to continually hit a gate to keep a waypoint contested even if they are in the Lord’s room wailing on him.

As for the 3 minute window, not a big fan of that mechanic either. IMO as soon as outer or inner is breached, a waypoint should stay contested until it isn’t. It should only contest in that scenario as well so no more “knocking on the door contests a waypoint”.

I don’t see whats wrong with tapping the gate 95% of the good WvW guilds watch the timer then tap it. Yea a few get through but is it really all that fun taking none defended keeps?

enemies don’t see the timer, AFAIK you can only go by the contested symbol on the map and then try to time it yourself.

the whole contested waypoint thing needs work, since it only takes 1 tap at 1 damage to activate the event and disable the waypoint.

or if you wipe the enemy out of the keep you still have to wait for the timer to run down for it to open.

a quicker timer would help sorta, I still think there is no reason the waypoint should be contested in the first place, I can sneeze at the outer gate and boom it’s disabled.

the whole timer thing needs to be thrown out for the contested waypoint.

if there are enemies in 2000 range of the waypoint then I’d call it contested, not from someone walking by 10k away and plinking the outer gate.

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

BUG: Enemies can see how much supply is inside a Keep/Tower

it’s goes along the lines of the outnumbered buff, how can they tell when they are outside?

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

I don’t see whats wrong with tapping the gate 95% of the good WvW guilds watch the timer then tap it. Yea a few get through but is it really all that fun taking none defended keeps?

Having to “tap” a gate is just a workaround to the bug. It is not inherently obvious to players they need to do this so it is either a bug or a user interface issue. Either way it is classified, a keep should be contested when it is being actively attacked.

This has nothing to do with undefended keeps. Sometimes they are defended and sometimes they are not when this issue creeps up. Players being able to continually respawn while a keep is being attacked because someone doesn’t know this trick isn’t the way this is meant to work.

Until I hear a dev say this was not how it intended to work I won’t consider it a bug. If it is there is a very easy solution to fix it which why it isn’t already is a reason why I think it is working as intended. And they can’t continually respawn it takes time for the waypoint to open and if you can’t get in down them and secure it in that time or atleast secure the waypoint and kill them as they come in then you shouldn’t deserve getting a fortified keep.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Until I hear a dev say this was not how it intended to work I won’t consider it a bug. If it is there is a very easy solution to fix it which why it isn’t already is a reason why I think it is working as intended. And they can’t continually respawn it takes time for the waypoint to open and if you can’t get in down them and secure it in that time or atleast secure the waypoint and kill them as they come in then you shouldn’t deserve getting a fortified keep.

Here is a nice example:

Attack watergate in garrison. Keep is contested for 3 minutes. Get to inner watergate after three minutes, hit the gate. It will not contest the waypoint (different bug). Break through the gate and start killing the lord. Waypoint still not contested. The circle comes up, waypoint still not contested.

During that time after the initial waypoint is contested players can port in without having to wait. They can rush the circle, die and IMMEDIATELY respawn without having to wait.

Bug or “poor design” is your choice, but either way it should be fixed. Oh and it did not always work this way. This problem occurred relatively recently when they made it more difficult to contest a keep. My guess is this was an unforseen consequence of that change.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Yes.

It alerts defenders that the objective is under attack so that one person cannot keep attacking a gate for a very very very long time until the gate is down.

No… the keep should draw swords but not until a perimeter breach should a waypoint contest. Currently swords on the keep and waypoint happen at the same time which isn’t the best of designs.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

A dev, mod, or WvW representative appears for a short amount of time, makes a few posts an then disappears for several months, where the process then repeats itself with another. This only seems to happen in the WvW Forum sections.

This is a very serious bug which must be fixed!

No that bug happens with the ranger forums/ranger CDI’s too. Devs pop up, says “we’ll fix you guys now, don’t worry” then they ignore rangers for months. Hell they even make people who want to improve rangers quit.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Should players be able to dps a gate, or should siege be the only way to bring it down?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Should players be able to dps a gate, or should siege be the only way to bring it down?

I think the only way to DPS a gate to death, would be through Siege Damage added by a mastery.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I think the only way to DPS a gate to death, would be through Siege Damage added by a mastery.

Naw, we PvD all the time when we are bored and don’t want to waste siege. An offensive attack should be able to do something against a gate (not wall) but only a small amount.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Gaining loot near to edges teleport you. In hills, at the bridge front of the lord room its often fatal. Sometimes you gain loot, something port you from the middle to the very edge of the bridge, you press dodge, leap or just move and you fall in your death.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Gaining loot near to edges teleport you. In hills, at the bridge front of the lord room its often fatal. Sometimes you gain loot, something port you from the middle to the very edge of the bridge, you press dodge, leap or just move and you fall in your death.

This is actually a game feature. Please refrain from calling game features bugs or hacks.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: Daleth.6427

Daleth.6427

1- You get stuck in the same spot for 10 seconds after FINISHING building ANY kind of siege

Switching weapons will get you “unstuck”

in WvW

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

The most important fix would be to balance the ridicolous stealth mecanics. This is the biggest fail there is right now. Followed closly by the endless Lord banner revival.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

1- You get stuck in the same spot for 10 seconds after FINISHING building ANY kind of siege

Switching weapons will get you “unstuck”

That doesn’t help engineers or ele’s, also if your swap is on cd, your screwed.

Using a movement skill works sometimes, but if you’re an ele for instance and use that flame retreat skill while building catas near a cliff, it can be fatal. Regardless, it’s a bug and needs to be fixed, no matter how easy it is for people to get out of it.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

Guys, this thread is getting really off topic. We’re talking about listing game bugs. Please read the thread and try not to post bugs that have already been listed.

While there may be existing game mechanics that you may not like, they aren’t bugs. Please don’t list them here.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Tyler, please put the “dying from walking down a slope” bug at the top of your list. Cuz that one’s just rediculous. That should not be happening in a game mode like wvw.

^^ This please.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: NotKalkz.1286

NotKalkz.1286

Bump – no more bugs ?

Kalkz

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Bump – no more bugs ?

I went a bit over the top in my listing I think :p. But I play A LOT of WvW and this must be close to every existing bug currently in the mode. There might be a few more but they are more class specific so not really WvW bugs.

I would be insanely happy if they fixed a large potion of these bugs. and to stay on topic:

66. Commander icon can bug out when frequently switching borders, so it appears to be on, but other can’t see it above your head or on the map.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

all fixed in the latest patch…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

all fixed in the latest patch…

Todays patch or previous patch? Because almost all these bugs I have encountered in the past 2 weeks.

Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Feyd Rautha.7298

Feyd Rautha.7298

>31- When a camp flips and you are standing on the supply depot, you can get stuck >inside the stack of supplies. You are unable to get out. I think you can get out when it >gets emptied again.

This is the same bug as the PVE bug. For example if you stand inside a boss chest while open, when the timer resets and the lid closes you will be stuck inside.

!(wired)?(coffee++):(wired);

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

67- Breaking a knockback or launch with a stunbreaker that also grants stability on a slope (when you are knocked down the slope) will not fully break the CC. It stops the flying backwards but not the stun effect.

Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: NotKalkz.1286

NotKalkz.1286

BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP

Kalkz

in WvW

Posted by: WilliCalifornia.1837

WilliCalifornia.1837

holy crap, so many bugs/glitches. I was going to start participating WvW, I haven’t been there since last year when I was new. Nvm, don’t feel like going to wvw anymore =s.

in WvW

Posted by: StarsOverStars.2356

StarsOverStars.2356

Bug: Before the last patch came live i built some Defense in our Garrison, then the patch hit, I logged back in and all eight Guild Arrowcarts I built were gone, while the normal defense still was there.

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

not managed to glitch through any gate in wvw as a mesmer… but on the topic of mesmers… a LOT of skills need fixing.

Mind wrack – 5 out of 10 times the clones will just explode where they are without causing any damage to enemy.

Spatial surge – damage seems to be random regardless of how far away you are from foe – often impossible to hit targets on wall

Mirror Blade and Phantasmal Berserker – often misfire and don’t spawn

Illusionary wave – difficult to tell what the stability is on the foes but it feels like this skill does not push back ALL foes but only some foes.

Chaos storm does not grant speed like the description states

Illusionary leap misfires a LOT… just the slightest bump in the ground and this fails

Similarly using swap sometimes over shoots the foe and fails to bind them

Blurred frenzy does not always make you evade attacks – been hit a few times now by thieves while using this skill.

Phantasmal Duelist misfires a lot and fails to spawn.

Magic bullet can sometimes miss even at point blank range with the pistol up against the forehead of the foe.

Ether Feast – sometimes only heals for half the said amount (2,280 instead of 5,560) and it seems to be completely random how much health you get regardless of active illusions

Null field sometimes fails to strip boons or cure conditions

Never seen illusion of life work yet

Casting time of signet of domination never works as said on the skill

Signet of inspiration rarely transfers all boons to allies

If the person you change keeps their wits… polymorph Moa actually boosts the foe you are attacking rather than weakens them

The casting time of all of these skills is wrong and takes longer than it says

Plus the damage out put for the mesmer is feeble… and I often have to rely on conditions to make any impact on some classes

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

oh and on the traits… Mirror of Anguish often does not work

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Ever since release everytime i build siege it causes me to get stuck for 5-10 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

66. Commander icon can bug out when frequently switching borders, so it appears to be on, but other can’t see it above your head or on the map.

ive never had this happen… however… if i relog or restart the game it happens every time.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Whenever I make a post I get an infraction point, what gives? :P

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Emissary Vex.5690

Emissary Vex.5690

10- Mesmers can glitch through any gate in WvW

This is absolutely not true. If this happened it was a hack.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

One new one and a missed one from earlier:

• Sometimes players cannot easily access the Use on Siege Oil. They have to jump and time the Use hotkey in order to take control of that siege.
  • Thieves can Cloak and Dagger off of walls, doors and siege. This was fixed once upon a time but later broken.
Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Xiaka.2814

Xiaka.2814

I don’t know if it has been posted before… but anyways.

- Trebs can hit through doors. It means that rams can be easily destroyed by placing a treb inside your tower looking at the door.

- AC can hit through doors, walls and even the ground. You get hit by AC that you will never see and you will never be able to take down. For example an AC in the lord room of any tower can hit the door of the tower and also the rams and players behind it.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Bug #265
When playing WvW you must roll Guardior to be considered viable in a competitive way. The rest of the professions are there to support this one profession and this bug is ruining the whole idea of WvW..

im serious, it’s been bugging me for ages

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

A hack is an external program that messes with the game code allowing you to do things that shouldn’t be possible by bypassing some mechanisms.

A bug/glitch is a fault in the program code or fault in the game rules which allows to do things that shouldn’t or weren’t intended to be possible.

And to do the mesmer glitch, you don’t need an external program. It is a bug and luckily not widely known. But the bug can be performed at every gate as far as I know.

Bug #265
When playing WvW you must roll Guardior to be considered viable in a competitive way. The rest of the professions are there to support this one profession and this bug is ruining the whole idea of WvW..

Please stay ontopic, bad troll attempts only gets this topic closed and we are trying to help the admins to pinpoint the problems and get some fixes.

Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Compromise solution:

Player skills can damage a tier 1 and a tier 2 gate. Once a tower, keep, or Stonemist Castle is upgraded to fortified status, player skills will no longer damage a gate. Siege weapons will be the only way to break down a fortified gate.

This gives attackers even more incentive to attack before an objective is upgraded to tier 3. It gives defenders even more incentive to maintain supply lines and upgrade to tier 3.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

So I used blink and ended up in the void :L

Attachments:

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

^^ maybe that’s a reaction to you getting Deso this week haha!

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

believe it or not, I think that it actually sums up my reaction best xD
btw, I shall be looking for you Crimson, be prepared

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

(edited by Silent Shino.7239)

in WvW

Posted by: SchvagnumPI.3891

SchvagnumPI.3891

-lately when building siege, 1 supply is always left over.

-build gauge moving but not building: very rare

-no synergy with wvw perks
Supply Mastery
2 Gain swiftness after spending all of your supply
4 Have a chance to recover spent supply when spending supply
You spend your supply and get swiftness but sometimes get supply back so the swiftness burns off while you use the rest of your supply.

Supply Mastery
4 Have a chance to recover spent supply when spending supply
Build Mastery
1 Spend 4 supply at a time when building siege
If you get supply back, it will only spend 2 supplies at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Emissary Vex.5690

Emissary Vex.5690

A hack is an external program that messes with the game code allowing you to do things that shouldn’t be possible by bypassing some mechanisms.

A bug/glitch is a fault in the program code or fault in the game rules which allows to do things that shouldn’t or weren’t intended to be possible.

And to do the mesmer glitch, you don’t need an external program. It is a bug and luckily not widely known. But the bug can be performed at every gate as far as I know

I know what a hack is. If this was as simple as you would like to believe, I can assure you no one would ever bother using siege again. Except for portal, mesmers don’t have access to any other skills that other classes don’t. The reason hackers choose to use mesmers for this particular hack is because they can then portal in allies in after the fact.

If this was simply an exploit then you would also see thieves and elementalists using their teleport spells to accomplish it as well and you would not have come to believe this is in anyway mesmer specific.

(edited by Emissary Vex.5690)

in WvW

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

I would like to see a fix for #44

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident