A Fix for Arrow Carts

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Make Arrow Carts function just like Catapults and Trebuchets.

Have AC’s turn fast but require the user to hold down the fire button, just like the other siege, to determine the distance the arrows are fired. This would solve a lot of problems and also add new interesting ways for them to be used.

It would also make it so they weren’t so OP with point and click high dps.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

use longer range siege , or some eles and necros to clear every siege in walls

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

This is interesting, though it would mean an AC built on the inside of a wall could hit the outside with ease. I’m ok with that as long as they don’t gain any additional range as a result of this change.

It’s certainly easier to make and use than the current Line of Sight lottery.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Make Arrow Carts function just like Catapults and Trebuchets.

Have AC’s turn fast but require the user to hold down the fire button, just like the other siege, to determine the distance the arrows are fired. This would solve a lot of problems and also add new interesting ways for them to be used.

It would also make it so they weren’t so OP with point and click high dps.

Arrow carts do not need any fixing at all, as in zip, zero, nada. What needs fixing is the scoring system. If the weekly PPK points for example were equal to at least half what PPT is, then people would naturally gravitate towards more combat hence greatly reducing the effectiveness of arrowcarts from the ground up.

As is unfortunately, arrowcarts are extremely effective due to the rewards they provide, both in terms of PPT value (stacked arrowcarts on objectives) and personal rewards (all the lootbags you get when a zerg gets wiped after you tag it while sitting on AC).

I sure as hell would rather have the devs focus on core issues instead of things like these and fluff. Double this, when adressing those very core issues will automatically solve most of the fluff and these sort of problems, like this arrowcart thing, from the ground up.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is interesting, though it would mean an AC built on the inside of a wall could hit the outside with ease. I’m ok with that as long as they don’t gain any additional range as a result of this change.

It’s certainly easier to make and use than the current Line of Sight lottery.

I concur with this person.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Reduce their damage to what it was at the beginning of the game. Make them LOS properly, they can still hit areas they shouldn’t be able to.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Have suggested that all siege have the same basic rules (ie rotate with 1/3, power up range with 2 and fire the projectile by releasing) for a very, very long time.

Anet doesnt want to fix arrowcarts. We say nerf it, they buff it. I dont know if Anet only played on NA servers and how it is there, but on EU we got certain servers that will happily build 3 arrowcarts to defend against 10 people… when they themselves are 15.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

AC are easy to counter…..
Balista, cata, treb…. Just don’t run under those AC…

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Or ANet could just remove it and make people happy.

Pumpkin – Mag

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

+1 Arrow Carts should be removed.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

lol. never happen. If ACs were removed there are entire servers that would drop tiers so fast they wouldn’t even hear the thud until they were 3+ tiers lower than they are now..

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

lol. never happen. If ACs were removed there are entire servers that would drop tiers so fast they wouldn’t even hear the thud until they were 3+ tiers lower than they are now..

…normal AC’s arent a threat and sup AC’s.. just nuke them with AoE, not even the sup AC user will survive, just stac a group of eles and necros.

get 2 redundant shields next to wall, and build several proxy catas.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: JaKal.4538

JaKal.4538

…normal AC’s arent a threat and sup AC’s.. just nuke them with AoE, not even the sup AC user will survive, just stac a group of eles and necros.

get 2 redundant shields next to wall, and build several proxy catas.

If the ACs are so easy to counter and then they are so useless like you intend, what should be the problem to remove such a useless thing from the game?

(edited by JaKal.4538)

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Lauri.1342

Lauri.1342

I like your idea, but damage should be reduced.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

If the ACs are so easy to counter and then they are so useless like you intend, what should be the problem to remove such a useless thing from the game?

ACs are only useful when at least 2 or when you have other siege or other players (zerg) supporting your efforts of destroying/killing something. There are basically no safe spots for ACs or any siege left, so you can kill them easily with some AoE. I’d agree to tone them down when it comes to players (although not really, maybe they should scale = 1 AC in an area does “500” dmg, 2 do together 600 and not 1000) if they can withhold more damage or get a shield or anything, right now the situation is pretty bad. But then again; I’ve been around back when they still made sense.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Arrow carts do not need any fixing at all, as in zip, zero, nada. What needs fixing is the scoring system.

youre saying people wont abuse acs if the scoring improves?
people will abuse anything that gives them an edge.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Arrow carts do not need any fixing at all, as in zip, zero, nada. What needs fixing is the scoring system.

youre saying people wont abuse acs if the scoring improves?
people will abuse anything that gives them an edge.

Not exactly. The option will be tehre, it will jsut be used a lot less, re read the post, it explains it. The AC abuse will become something somewhat rare just to spice things up a bit here and there, not the status quo which it is on some servers.

Also, I will again say that ACs are just about the least problem, seriosuly, anyone in WVW that can’t survive long enough to move through or get out of AC fire is a freagin horribaddy runnign wrong build in a wrong game mode for the wrong reasons.

Therefore, I see absolutely no reason whatsoever for any dev to waste even a second working on ACs while the other much more serious issues that have been here since pre launch are still present and in dire need of being resolved ASAP.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

Just remove them – problem solved.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Seige damage vs players should be reduced period.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

JaKal.4538

ACs are only useful when at least 2 or when you have other siege or other players (zerg) supporting your efforts of destroying/killing something. There are basically no safe spots for ACs or any siege left, so you can kill them easily with some AoE. I’d agree to tone them down when it comes to players (although not really, maybe they should scale = 1 AC in an area does “500” dmg, 2 do together 600 and not 1000) if they can withhold more damage or get a shield or anything, right now the situation is pretty bad. But then again; I’ve been around back when they still made sense.

Idk wich servers you play against usually but there are many safe spots for ACs, like in example the roof of supply deposit in eb and particular corners or edges, especially in the desert borders where the walls are larges and are full of high ground spots, you have just to know where to place them without being hit by eles and necros.

The biggest problem with ACs is that they are much more then support, they provide the main dmg against rams and catas, and heavy dmg against players, and there are always more then one AC, unless you play against a server that seriously lack supply for some reason or not interested on build them.

Support means provide a very little dmg just to assist you on going outside and destroy rams/catas, in other words you shouldnt be able to destory rams/catas in time by only using ACs, in this way ACs would be support, but atm they are the main dmg and its not funny to play against, especially against servers that abuse it.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Support means provide a very little dmg just to assist you on going outside and destroy rams/catas, in other words you shouldnt be able to destory rams/catas in time by only using ACs, in this way ACs would be support, but atm they are the main dmg and its not funny to play against, especially against servers that abuse it.

Not to mention that all other siege offer some sort of counterplay or have inherent flaws. Catas can bubble against catas, trebs and ballistas, but not acs. Trebs cant protect themselves, but they do have supply drain. Ballistas have a straight shot so need los, it can also be blocked by players/skills.

Acs have insane damage against everything, insane fire rate, cheap as hell and can abuse los to literally bend arrows around obstacles. Since they arent projectiles, there is no defense. Zero counterplay, zero flaws.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Not to mention that all other siege offer some sort of counterplay or have inherent flaws. Catas can bubble against catas, trebs and ballistas, but not acs. Trebs cant protect themselves, but they do have supply drain. Ballistas have a straight shot so need los, it can also be blocked by players/skills.
Acs have insane damage against everything, insane fire rate, cheap as hell and can abuse los to literally bend arrows around obstacles. Since they arent projectiles, there is no defense. Zero counterplay, zero flaws.*

Didnt Anet fixed the LoS abuse a few months ago?
So it is using the player camera LOS instad of character position los? o.O daf**?

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Acs have insane damage against everything, insane fire rate, cheap as hell and can abuse los to literally bend arrows around obstacles. Since they arent projectiles, there is no defense. Zero counterplay, zero flaws.*

Didnt Anet fixed the LoS abuse a few months ago?
So it is using the player camera LOS instad of character position los? o.O daf**?

Yes, they did “fix” the LoS.

Then they broke it again by adding the camera settings. ACs can hit around walls. Hell even the firing effects become all kittened up as the arrows are hitting from an angle based on terrain. On flat ground you dont notice, but lets say you are on a steep hill with a wall and arrowcart behind/above the wall (whatever, in front). The arrows will hit from behind you, ie the complete opposite direction of where the AC is. That’s how messed up LoS is.

ACs should not be ground targeted AoE. They should be physical projectiles shooting from the AC to the target area (cata scattershot probably being the best analogy) and you should charge fire it.

Its the only way to fix this.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

This. Was asked since… forever

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

By mostly T1 players because of Yaks Bend.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Aeowia.7214

It’s just as bad in T8. I’m new to tier 1… but it’s not just YB, anyone uses them, kills the fun. Then wonder why nobody comes back “for more”… Thinking is hard.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

It’s just as bad in T8. I’m new to tier 1… but it’s not just YB, anyone uses them, kills the fun. Then wonder why nobody comes back “for more”… Thinking is hard.

Funny I can’t remember the last time I died to an AC. If a tower has too many ACs you build an open field treb so they have to come out and fight…. Using more than one tactic is hard.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Funny I can’t remember the last time I died to an AC. If a tower has too many ACs you build an open field treb so they have to come out and fight…. Using more than one tactic is hard.

Lel. Then they counter your treb with a mortar or another treb inside the structure. You can also build a balli to counter it from another location, or build an AC in another place that can’t be countered by your open field treb. Siege humpers will always have ways of countering your outside siege cause they have access to the same siege and much easier access to supply all while having walls/gates to protect them from actual players. Countering siege with siege doesn’t create fights it creates siege wars which is always fun amirite?

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Acs have insane damage against everything, insane fire rate, cheap as hell and can abuse los to literally bend arrows around obstacles. Since they arent projectiles, there is no defense. Zero counterplay, zero flaws.

ACs have the shortest range out of every piece of siege. They’re at 2,500 while ballistas are 3,000, catapults are 4,000 and trebuchets are 10,000. Also, note that other siege can increase its range by using height.

That said, when trying to take a lord’s room, ACs do way too much damage considering that they can’t be countered when positioning (like of the ring) is fixed.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Lel. Then they counter your treb with a mortar or another treb inside the structure. You can also build a balli to counter it from another location, or build an AC in another place that can’t be countered by your open field treb. Siege humpers will always have ways of countering your outside siege cause they have access to the same siege and much easier access to supply all while having walls/gates to protect them from actual players. Countering siege with siege doesn’t create fights it creates siege wars which is always fun amirite?

If you are building an open field treb somewhere that their siege is already facing your build site you are doing it wrong. Walls to protect them lol. Ele’s can kill most wall siege. If you want to not use siege from the wall you have to jump up on the lip to get yanked down.
There is nothing wrong with AC’s in EB but in the cancer bl I will agree with you.
I do have a question, why do people complain so much about AC’s instead of shield generators and tractivators? In my opinion those two things do far more to make fights not fun than arrow carts do.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

If you are building an open field treb somewhere that their siege is already facing your build site you are doing it wrong. Walls to protect them lol. Ele’s can kill most wall siege. If you want to not use siege from the wall you have to jump up on the lip to get yanked down.
There is nothing wrong with AC’s in EB but in the cancer bl I will agree with you.
I do have a question, why do people complain so much about AC’s instead of shield generators and tractivators? In my opinion those two things do far more to make fights not fun than arrow carts do.

Wrong facing right facing either way it’s boring. If you’re inside the keep and you get killed by an ele or necro you’re bad IDK what else to tell you. There’s literally a wall between you and them get off the kitten wall. If you’re talking about siege placement there’s almost always a vertical option for ACS that make it impossible to be killed by any toons and take out offensive siege. It’s basically 1 1/2 classes that can kill/damage siege on walls and the one (ele) has to be playing staff and other isn’t really good at killing folks on walls (I mean if you’re gonna sit in wells you have bigger issues) anything outside of cannons which most classes can do also.

Either way one could make the case (and I will here) that less defenders shouldn’t be able to defend against many more offenders it makes a stale game. Why should 5 siege humpers be able to defend against 20 attackers? Now imagine that same scenario with even numbers it makes offensive gameplay near impossible, and at best super boring countering siege sites all raid. That’s the issue with HOT and buffed siege weapons. There’s no fluid gameplay. SMC is pure gimmick now, the BLs are PvD or foiled by a much smaller defensive force. It encourages PvD not PvP as taking anything defended is at best too difficult and at worst painfully boring. If it’s worth defending (AKA fortified keep) defenders should come. If you don’t have enough defenders you shouldn’t be rewarded for your lack of coordination and/or population by OP defensive siege.

To answer your question people do complain about tactivators/shield generators it’s just filed under “HOT gimmicks” not siege. There are issues with ACs everywhere the damage is too op when traited especially with condi builds. I think most W3ers would like to die at the hand of another player who outplayed them not some casual perched on an AC coat tailing. It’s not like GW2 is a hard game there’s 2 weapons, 4 utilities, and one elite skill. ACs are EZ mode win so it causes salt with people that attempt to take the combat system somewhat serious.

Lastly there are effective ways to kill offensive siege without defensive siege. If you have one person with a smoke field and 2 other people that understand blasting you can usually stealth up enough to get to the siege and get a burst off on it. Sure you might die but this is RvR. If you portal stack and push out with 3-4 people you can usually disrupt a siege and eventually stop it even if the other server has more numbers. Have a melee player push out as a distraction then have your range players bomb the siege, or disable, or pop a tag to rally people, or call out in your TS/map chat the attack. There’s so many non-seige options but people are too lazy to get gud at the combat system they just like their 1 button bag machines.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Wrong facing right facing either way it’s boring. If you’re inside the keep and you get killed by an ele or necro you’re bad IDK what else to tell you. There’s literally a wall between you and them get off the kitten wall. If you’re talking about siege placement there’s almost always a vertical option for ACS that make it impossible to be killed by any toons and take out offensive siege. It’s basically 1 1/2 classes that can kill/damage siege on walls and the one (ele) has to be playing staff and other isn’t really good at killing folks on walls (I mean if you’re gonna sit in wells you have bigger issues) anything outside of cannons which most classes can do also.

Either way one could make the case (and I will here) that less defenders shouldn’t be able to defend against many more offenders it makes a stale game. Why should 5 siege humpers be able to defend against 20 attackers? Now imagine that same scenario with even numbers it makes offensive gameplay near impossible, and at best super boring countering siege sites all raid. That’s the issue with HOT and buffed siege weapons. There’s no fluid gameplay. SMC is pure gimmick now, the BLs are PvD or foiled by a much smaller defensive force. It encourages PvD not PvP as taking anything defended is at best too difficult and at worst painfully boring. If it’s worth defending (AKA fortified keep) defenders should come. If you don’t have enough defenders you shouldn’t be rewarded for your lack of coordination and/or population by OP defensive siege.

To answer your question people do complain about tactivators/shield generators it’s just filed under “HOT gimmicks” not siege. There are issues with ACs everywhere the damage is too op when traited especially with condi builds. I think most W3ers would like to die at the hand of another player who outplayed them not some casual perched on an AC coat tailing. It’s not like GW2 is a hard game there’s 2 weapons, 4 utilities, and one elite skill. ACs are EZ mode win so it causes salt with people that attempt to take the combat system somewhat serious.

Lastly there are effective ways to kill offensive siege without defensive siege. If you have one person with a smoke field and 2 other people that understand blasting you can usually stealth up enough to get to the siege and get a burst off on it. Sure you might die but this is RvR. If you portal stack and push out with 3-4 people you can usually disrupt a siege and eventually stop it even if the other server has more numbers. Have a melee player push out as a distraction then have your range players bomb the siege, or disable, or pop a tag to rally people, or call out in your TS/map chat the attack. There’s so many non-seige options but people are too lazy to get gud at the combat system they just like their 1 button bag machines.

Why should 5 players who took the time to prep the tower be able to hold off 20? Because it’s an investment that’s why. If you die to AC fire you need to look at your build. The whole point is for my backup to show up while you are sieging so I can jump off the wall and collect your bags. Now if you want to change the wall so I don’t have to jump up on the lip of the wall to range you and I could still be hit from player aoe’s then sure nerf them into the ground.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Jana.6831

Since when can’t you bubble against acs? I never really paid attention to it as one AC alone doesn’t kill me (70% zerker) but I was pretty certain they do protect against projectiles.

@JaKal: You can get ACs in inner out with either ACs outside – mortars, trebs or ballistas. That was always the case back in the day when you couldn’t get any siege on the walls out with your weaponskills AoE. You had to think to get into that tower – something people have unlearned.
And yes, they’re mostly the only possibilities to destroy catas and rams outside from inside – otherwise it would be pure Karma Train – so sorry but I don’t get your problem – I’m serious with that.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Sviel.7493

In short, defense is a supply limited game and offense has a massive advantage in the supply game and in the mobility of their attacks. A tower can’t reposition, after all. Thus, while defenders can repel some attacks by a larger group, they cannot do so indefinitely.

If we stay in a situation where defenders cannot repel a single attack from a larger group then we see servers owning most of the map during their prime time and see the population of one server drop as the population of another rises since there’s little point in trying to play if you can’t have the most people. See: http://coveragewars2.com/timezone/?tab=graph and the PPT tab too.

Also, why is it that PvD is preferred to being repelled by a smaller force? I would think that a player interested in PvP would prefer interacting with other players. I’m a little disappointed that people are repelled once and proclaim the objective too difficult to take rather than trying to outsmart the defenders.

You can try this, but you will die and the siege won’t. In the time it takes you to return, the enemies will have resupplied and built more siege than you can damage in your next attempt. That you posit this as effective betrays a misunderstanding of how tanky siege engines are or a limited experience of facing very small (5 or less) groups.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Aeowia.7214

AC kills the fun… countering with treb and “using more than one tactic” won’t change that. Yes, we do that, did that, boring stuff, no need to explain siege wars… all that would be fine if weren’t used against players.
When the fun is gone, the players will be too. It’s just a matter of time until one says “had enough of this”. Both using AC and being used against you – it’s the same. Last tip: it’s not the “dying” part that pushes us away…

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

JaKal.4538

Since when can’t you bubble against acs? I never really paid attention to it as one AC alone doesn’t kill me (70% zerker) but I was pretty certain they do protect against projectiles.

@JaKal: You can get ACs in inner out with either ACs outside – mortars, trebs or ballistas. That was always the case back in the day when you couldn’t get any siege on the walls out with your weaponskills AoE. You had to think to get into that tower – something people have unlearned.
And yes, they’re mostly the only possibilities to destroy catas and rams outside from inside – otherwise it would be pure Karma Train – so sorry but I don’t get your problem – I’m serious with that.

You said there are not safe spot for ACs, i say there are.
You said ACs are just for support, i say they are much more then support.
Now you get it?

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

AC kills the fun… countering with treb and “using more than one tactic” won’t change that. Yes, we do that, did that, boring stuff, no need to explain siege wars… all that would be fine if weren’t used against players.
When the fun is gone, the players will be too. It’s just a matter of time until one says “had enough of this”. Both using AC and being used against you – it’s the same. Last tip: it’s not the “dying” part that pushes us away…

Sorry that you have such problems with a mechanic that I don’t. Maybe someday you wont’ be so limited.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Yeah they do. But ACs doesnt fire projectiles.

You cant bubble ACs any more than you can bubble necro marks.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Only a Shield Generator with the WvW rank perk can stop AC fire, but I don’t think the radius/uptime is enough for it to be useful in a fight.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Jana.6831

All other siege hits harder than ACs. Even if it’s ACs in a bunch. So after ACs get nerfed you guys cry about everything else until all there’s left is indistructable catas and rams and PvD.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

All other siege hits harder than ACs. Even if it’s ACs in a bunch. So after ACs get nerfed you guys cry about everything else until all there’s left is indistructable catas and rams and PvD.

But if a keep is T3, you can’t PvD any more as the gates are invulnerable to PvD. AC’s deserve the nerf or removal because so many are used where you can’t see them (eg. 3rd floor of SMC) it is ridiculous.

Also, A.Net should fix the camera issue with AC’s.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Jana.6831

But if a keep is T3, you can’t PvD any more as the gates are invulnerable to PvD. AC’s deserve the nerf or removal because so many are used where you can’t see them (eg. 3rd floor of SMC) it is ridiculous.

Also, A.Net should fix the camera issue with AC’s.

Build ballis, catas or trebs to get either the acs out or take on the walls.
I am usually one of those on the third floor defending SM – getting rams out with an AC takes ages and if it’s a full blown blob I can’t get their health down (and in most cases someone is also using an AC next or behind the gate – so even 2 ACs can’t do significant damage to a blob and the rams) – I can do all of that a lot faster with a mortar or better even cannon (because mortar needs the enemies to be a bit away) – I don’t know if you get my point: ACs are the weakest of all sieges be it against enemy siege or enemy players. They are however not in set places and have got a smaller range than the rest – still in most cases it’s really easy to get them out. Solution for an AC on the top of SM would be to build a cata a bit away from the gate – but not too far, otherwise my mortar would hit them – you can however build a lot of catas on the outer wall and have capable people on them, so you can bubble everything – you could also build shields for your people and rams (we did this – it works). I’d like to keep it this way and not make everything faceroll easy.

ETA. And yes, Anet should just revert all changes made to the cameras since last year – I guess no one is using first person view or action camera anyway. They could however make 3 different modes which have got different settings – that would be fine too.

(edited by Jana.6831)

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

You can try this, but you will die and the siege won’t. In the time it takes you to return, the enemies will have resupplied and built more siege than you can damage in your next attempt. That you posit this as effective betrays a misunderstanding of how tanky siege engines are or a limited experience of facing very small (5 or less) groups.[/quote]

He is usually standing on the wall bombing down in this scenario. Speaking as the guy having to jump out of the portal, in a 5 v 20 scenario, that never works. It only succeeds when numbers are about even or they are standing stacked up and you get off a massive bomb. Five is usually not enough to achieve that.

And you pretty much have to kill the players. Killing the siege takes too long and no one has enough sustain to allow a larger group to free cast against you that long.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

A Fix for Arrow Carts

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

2 shield gens can rotate the bubble so that it has constant uptime on a spot with 2 seconds of overlap. With shield masters this defeats the arrow carts. You can use normal shield gens for the job. Your siege deployment becomes 2 generators + n catapults or rams (depending on what you hit). As a plus the minimum range of the bubble is slightly smaller than the bubble’s radius so they can be in the perma-bubble.

That said, i wouldn’t mind seeing arrow carts changed somehow.

Little red Lioka