A-Net Please enable Gliding in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fantom.8971

Fantom.8971

A-Net please consider enable Gliding in WvW.

Yes, I know in some objectives Gliding will given attacking force more advantage.
But so what, personally I feel enable this feature will make WvW like a whole new game!

If technical is not an issue, at least start a community vote to see if our WvW players wants this or not. Or maybe even better yet, just enable this feature for one week and do a test run to see how community react to it.

Thank you!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

With gliding and just loosely guestimating the surrounding terrain and structures, you can probably bypass the walls on the following keeps/towers:

DBL bay
DBL hills
DBL nw tower
DBL se tower
DBL sw tower
DBL garri
ABL nw tower
ABL ne tower
ABL se tower
ABL sw tower
ABL bay
EB Anza
EB Veloka
EB SM
EB Lowlands
EB Overlook
EB Quentin
EB Ogre
EB Durios
EB Wildcreek
EB Klovan

Did I miss any? I am somewhat unsure of the reach from top of SM. This would be great fun I’m sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

they have the the in the game for no gliding zones, and they could make the archers have the skill from bloodstone fen and shoot you down.

unsurprisingly op (wvw community is super anti change anything) the community seems to disagree with gliding in wvw, made a reddit post about if it was enabled for one 1 week in the dbl and everyone acted like I cussed out their mom.
I would love this as gliding is very smooth and brings a lot to movement in pve

now imagine in wvw were a zerg is chasing you and you jump off a cliff to escape or your roaming at the bottom and 20+ players descend upon you sounds dope right? but nope people care more about some mystical un-achievable balance instead making wvw fun first. Anet acually said they flirted with the idea but then backed away for some reason

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’ve said this every time it’s brought up: Only if I can shoot you out of the sky and watch you drop like a lead balloon.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

silly pve person, you’re in the wrong forums!

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Just return to PvE and leave WvW alone with these gimicky ideas.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shootin’ stars
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Gliding in the desert map as a special event might be cool. But otherwise.. no.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Yes, let’s allow people to run and escape more from fights. No more pve please.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Gliding in the desert map as a special event might be cool. But otherwise.. no.

I’d rather have death from above mesmers again

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

No, gliding can be added to WvW! All they have to do is add those invisible walls they added into PvE areas to prevent the same thing from happening. They said it cant be done, yet they do it for PvE maps, so it can be done for WvW as well. There is no real reason why they cannot add gliding and prevent players from gliding into bases!

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Those walls negate all player movement past them, though.

Recall that walls need to be able to be jumped off of, projectiles shot through/over, etc. There’s a massive difference between PvE and WvW in this regard.

WvW would be no fun this way, anyways. Everyone would just travel by gliding because then they could largely avoid combat or be meanwhile invulnerable to melee builds.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Gliding as in pve? no thanks. Set ziplines from point a to b, perhaps.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

There is no real reason they should or will add gliding to WvW. As many have noted it’s just not something that would be good to have except maybe for those PvE players that like to glide. Give me gliding then give me mass invisibility so the zerg on the ground can shoot the zerg in the sky without being seen… and so on and so on…

Nope, just nerf condi and the other gimicks and give us back good old hard fighting! Now THAT would be fun.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

There is no real reason they should or will add gliding to WvW. As many have noted it’s just not something that would be good to have except maybe for those PvE players that like to glide. Give me gliding then give me mass invisibility so the zerg on the ground can shoot the zerg in the sky without being seen… and so on and so on…

Nope, just nerf condi and the other gimicks and give us back good old hard fighting! Now THAT would be fun.

One you shouldn’t be able to do that anyways, two they wvw needs a person to work closely with the skills team in order to properly balance wvw.

Third get out of your box gliding would be dope (no stealth) and make it so when you get hit once you fall out of the air. In a map like dbl it would be great an invisible wall here there and boom that map would feel fantastic to traverse. You would have some amazing weird fights too.

The other maps with invisible walls set place wouldn’t even be affected that much.

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Another brainstorm from the clowns who voted yes on portable cannons.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

I believe the main technical issue against gliding in wvw is that you cannot simply use the invisible walls as in pve. They block everything, including siege shots.

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

ANet won’t enable gliding in WvW because not everyone has bought HoT. Not having elite specs and HoT stats already puts them at a big enough disadvantage, but you being able to divebomb them from the air, or run off a cliff and glide away while they can’t follow because they would plummet to their death? Thats beyond broken.

Plus, attackers already have a ton of advantages over people defending, we don’t need to give them even more on top of what they have.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’ve kept saying that the thing I miss the most about the glider, is to use it to avoid falling to death. Keep jumping off a cliff and mid air remember “right, no gliding in WvW!” and plummet to my death.

So I believe that the most useful part of it is actually as a parachute. If they added a WXP track that let you enable a parachute in the same way, with very limited side movement, and being able to be shot down to still be plummeting, I think that would solve the biggest “need”.

Not that it is required, mostly just that at this stage a lot of people are so used to activating the glider to stop falling, that it has become second nature. (Heck, I still fall to my death in home instance, because no glider, never learn!)

Outside of that, what OriOri said, as well as what other said about the invisible walls. And I really don’t know what purpose gliding would have if there was invisible walls around every tower/keep anyways?

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Please do not give Anet bad Ideas on WvW! They do not need anymore fro PvE people. If you want to glide to to PvE and do it. Leave WvW alone, it has enough issues that Anet is supposed to be working on.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would like to try it in an event for fun :-).
For shure wvw maps are not made for it but some crazy fun will emerge.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I do nothing but wvw for the most part. In fact I’m so tore up with wvw that I have yet to get map completion on a single toon out of the 9 I have. With that said I love gliding and yes I’d love to see it but not at the expense of face rolling defenders.

Defending is not very fun. While others get to run around looking for fights the defenders are doing all the heavy lifting “MUNDANE WORK” like refreshing the siege, checking the walls, and finishing repairs that others couldn’t be bothered to stay around to finish. Defenders also take a facerolling a little more personal because of those sacrifices made and have quit wvw altogether after their side was completely demoralized.

I love gliding. It would be a hoot to shoot others out of the sky and be shot at, but our defenders have already paid for every single bad decision ever made about the wvw game mode. The maps we have now wouldn’t work and would require a total wvw map overhaul to make it work. That’s my 2 cents.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I would like to try it in an event for fun :-).
For shure wvw maps are not made for it but some crazy fun will emerge.

Just like golem wars.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I do nothing but wvw for the most part. In fact I’m so tore up with wvw that I have yet to get map completion on a single toon out of the 9 I have. With that said I love gliding and yes I’d love to see it but not at the expense of face rolling defenders.

Defending is not very fun. While others get to run around looking for fights the defenders are doing all the heavy lifting “MUNDANE WORK” like refreshing the siege, checking the walls, and finishing repairs that others couldn’t be bothered to stay around to finish. Defenders also take a facerolling a little more personal because of those sacrifices made and have quit wvw altogether after their side was completely demoralized.

I love gliding. It would be a hoot to shoot others out of the sky and be shot at, but our defenders have already paid for every single bad decision ever made about the wvw game mode. The maps we have now wouldn’t work and would require a total wvw map overhaul to make it work. That’s my 2 cents.

WvW is no longer required for map completion, and hasn’t been for years. The only thing holding you back from map completion is core tyria maps

in WvW

Posted by: Foshan.8104

Foshan.8104

This idea is a monstrosity. A hell to tha naw fam from me

[EVIL] Supervillains
Maguuma
Full Zerk Ranger Main

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

In my opinion, this idea, whilst fun and cool, would waste decades of WvW development time that could be spend on getting other things done (but won’t). SO I say go for it. Why the hell not? By the time it is implemented we’ll all have moved on anyway.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I want to gouge my eyes out after reading this thread. It wouldn’t work and there is more important issues that need the Dev’s attention in WvW that isn’t creating invisible walls or redesigning WvW maps to accommodate a bunch of PvE’s that will go slumming in WvW once a year so they can tell their other PvE’s how cool they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Test this idea first in spvp, as usual.

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

No
/15 char

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Only if we get those Bloodstone Fen gliding skills for some air combat action in Stone Mist or the Desert Borderland. (just kidding!)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Fen

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Only if we get those Bloodstone Fen gliding skills for some air combat action in Stone Mist or the Desert Borderland. (just kidding!)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Fen

Plus those archer like npcs in verdant brink that will 1 shot ya when you get to close.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Did I miss any? I am somewhat unsure of the reach from top of SM. This would be great fun I’m sure.

ABL SE tower (from hills south treb spot)
ABL SW tower (possibly, from the arena to the north)
ABL NE and NW tower (easily, from Citadel)

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They would have to put up a lot of invisible walls, would that break immersion for you?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

One of my favorite pastimes is knocking players off cliffs. Please don’t take that away from me by enabling gliding.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

eh don´t try to take it serious. WvW is not made for it.
But a tryout event for fun :-). Would end in chaos and weaken defence seriously but i guess it´s worth for a week and no you don´t need invisible walls unless flying somwhere outside crashes the game …

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They would have to put up a lot of invisible walls, would that break immersion for you?

No-fly zones are already a thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

eh don´t try to take it serious. WvW is not made for it.
But a tryout event for fun :-). Would end in chaos and weaken defence seriously but i guess it´s worth for a week and no you don´t need invisible walls unless flying somwhere outside crashes the game …

How quickly everyone forgets Golem week, that 1 week was enough to make a healthy amount of WvW players uninstall and never look back.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

WvW is no longer required for map completion, and hasn’t been for years. The only thing holding you back from map completion is core tyria maps

Your not getting what I said. I don’t have map completion because I’m too tore up with wvw to go pve to get it.