A New Alliance on Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.4836

Preacher.4836

I’m here to let the community of Dragonbrand know that the majority of guilds that make up our current alliance are leaving for “greener pastures”. Their leaving has created a great opportunity for this server to grow into an even better tight-nit community, but it’s going to take some work.

I’d like to Introduce the WarStorm Alliance. WarStorm is looking to bring together PvP and PvE guilds for a singular goal of being a force in WvW. We already have 10 guilds signed up and another 3-4 interested. Even if your guild is strictly PvE we could still use your help with material/gear farming, or what ever else you would like to contribute. If you or your guild were hesitant on joining the previous alliance please know that WarStorm is not going to be a dictatorship where a hand full of guilds have all the power. WarStorm is striving to be server wide communication network so we can be a better informed server as a whole. We are currently working on getting the website up, and looking at other ways to improve server communication. These are exciting times to be apart of Dragonbrand, and if you would like to be apart of WarStorm please PM and I’ll get you in contact with the right people.

Preacher

Preacher Roy-Guardian, Preacherroy-Engineer, Necro Preacher-Necromancer, Preacher Clone-Mesmer

(edited by Preacher.4836)

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Lets go Dragonbrand! We still have plenty of Guilds that want to fight and make this a great server ! Check out the War Storm Alliance!

http://www.warstormalliance.enjin.com/

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Preacher.4836

+1 to NorthStar

Preacher Roy-Guardian, Preacherroy-Engineer, Necro Preacher-Necromancer, Preacher Clone-Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

As someone from Crystal Desert watching your server fall apart this week, I sure feel for you guys. Those guilds cough TSym cough that left cause of losing this week are trash no better than Team Legacy or even RUIN I really hope you guys can rally and get people to PvP and crush Tier 4 that way we can see eachother again in Tier 3 when we eventually drop down from the “Get facerolled by Tier 1 leftovers” Tier for a week!

in WvW

Posted by: Disen.8620

Disen.8620

I would suggest having only guild leaders on the alliance, and then assigning guilds to handle specific WvW maps through the leaders. Reason being information will be more protected, can be easily communicated.

i.e. 50 guild leaders in the main Alliance Guild — the leaders will then be assigned specific maps for their guilds to participate in.

Assign 20 guilds on EB with specific tasks
Assign 10 guilds on Borderlands 1 (5 guilds go for territorial tasks/expansion — 5 go for orb)
Assign 10 guilds on Borderlands 2 " "
Assign 10 guilds on Borderlands 3 " "

These are all just raw ideas I have, I would prefer the Alliance handle ALL the borderlands while 2-3 major guilds handle EB, mostly because EB requires the most teamwork and communication out of all the WvW maps.

I also just want to add that a dictatorship is the most effective way of handling WvW. Balance is an ideal concept in the battlefield but it is incredibly hard to achieve, imo outright impossible.

Some of you might think this is a ridiculous idea, but when Anet starts actually doing major work on revising WvW and fixing kitten it will all boil down to who has the best leader and how well his world can follow his orders.

But of course, these are just my opinions.

in WvW

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

@Disen I get what you’re saying, but i think it’s possible to have that without it being a dictatorship. It’s much better to have leader that people want to follow because they’re wise leaders rather than “follow me or else” mentality. That may take time to work out and establish but in the end all will be better for it.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in WvW

Posted by: Disen.8620

Disen.8620

I think you got the wrong impression from what I was trying to say.

By dictatorship I meant only through the alliance with whom all the guild leaders will follow without second thoughts or doubts. Not exactly inflicting fear through the whole server like you’ve clearly explained — just to clarify.

But of course this requires a player that’s already proven himself in the battlefield as an effective leader and must be nominated by all the guild leaders.

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

WvWvW this week didn’t even include Dragonbrand.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I hope this Alliance pays off. The more WvWvW Alliances that form, the more competitive play we can all experience in the future.

in WvW

Preacher.4836

I agree with both Blackgoat and Disen. What i mean by no dictatorship is that we do not have a ridged hierarchy but a very malleable collection of groups. Leaders will arise over time, but just because you have a blue thing over your head does not mean you should lead. We want it to be organic in growth, and once we settle on a system that benefits the whole server we will set it in stone.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes right now, and it’s looking very promising.

in WvW

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

I think you got the wrong impression from what I was trying to say.

By dictatorship I meant only through the alliance with whom all the guild leaders will follow without second thoughts or doubts. Not exactly inflicting fear through the whole server like you’ve clearly explained — just to clarify.

But of course this requires a player that’s already proven himself in the battlefield as an effective leader and must be nominated by all the guild leaders.

No worries Looks like we’re just saying the same thing different ways. It’s all good

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in WvW

Posted by: Eurlin.4256

Eurlin.4256

@Disen I actualy agree with you because I know from other games that idea has worked out great. I’ve seen a server follow one leader who led his guild and we were dominating everyday without problems.

It of course does fall to wanting to follow this said person because you have to know you can trust him. Without trust you’ll doubt question and criticize everything he does . doing so will ultimate demoralize others and bring you back to square one.

Vengeance has been trying to work with pugs for some time now, we wanted everyone to be on the same page, we only insulted those who deserved it. I find it’s important that we keep morale and leadership at it’s highest.

I believe in this alliance and I know I will do everything I can to help make Dragonbrand a better server. I’m glad to see some players from other servers showing their support for us to rally back, and I hope we can one day get the chance to prove ourselves against recent servers we’ve fought so poorly against. Not for bragging rights, not for server rankings, but just so they know we weren’t that horrible server they once saw.
So every player knows we can be something more.

Commander Eurlin [VNG]
www.vengeanceclan.com
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Preacher.4836

That’s the exact mind set we need Eurlin. It may take a little while but this server will be a powerful force.

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

You folks are better off without em then. If they cut n’ ran from DB, they’ll likely do the same elsewhere when that server has a bad day. The chickenkittens (gawd…I love this filter)

Bout time ANet starts charging for server transfers, I think…say….25 bucks per account / 1 xfer per month allowed. Except for new players who should get 2 free xfers to use within 2 weeks…..that sound fair?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: mmartong.1794

mmartong.1794

Not going to badmouth anyone who decides to leave. Those of us who are still here needs to focus on enjoying our ingame playtime.

@mmartong
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowX.4639

ShadowX.4639

I’m glad you guys over there are keeping your heads up, keep recruiting and working to be a community. People with elitist attitudes really don’t help anyone.