A Question for Old Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I’ve been away since the Lost Shores event, only coming back a few days before this last patch. Imagine my surprise to open up the WvW panel a few hours after this match started to find that Dragonbrand was matched with Kaineng… and they were winning.

Truth be told, I think I spent far too much time in WvW before my vacation, so the only reason I went out the other day was to see if I could nab a few PoI and Vistas for World Completion. Needless to say, I got a handful of both before succumbing to temptation and ended up spending three or four hours killing and being killed. It was a really good fight, despite us being outnumbered and being attacked by culled zergs (so much for that issue being improved… ).

I assume that Kaineng’s drastic change in fortune is the result of a guild or two migrating before free transfers ended. Given that the last I knew of Kaineng they were “punching above their weight” and “proud underdogs” that fielded zergs that would be called guerillas on other servers, I have to ask: How has this change in fortune impacted you Old Kaineng players? I am sure that you’re happy to finally be up in the tiers, but you had a pretty solid identity before. Given the number of people I saw the other day, I imagine that a lot of the Old Kaineng players are a bit lost in the crowd.

I should point out that this is an honest question with no implied jabs at anyone. I’m just interested in how the people who have been on Kaineng from the beginning see things, for good or ill, and I hope to get some honest responses.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

From what I can tell old Kaineng was more or less assimilated by the transfer crowd. I been asking since the start of the match and so far CNB and KAIN seem to be the only old Kain guilds still WvWing, along with a handful of soloers. In WvW all I see are guilds I fought on other servers and matchups, I think I have seen KAIN and CNB once each.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Warsworn was an old Kaineng guild from Tier8…. we are currently on Dragonbrand actually… we transfered off Kaineng a week before the huge alliances xferd onto Kaineng…. and are now fighting against Kaineng. lol.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Any Kain still around mostly have assimilated like was said or just kind of shrugged it off and kept doing what they were doing (me) only now with moar extreme queues. The queues alone keep me irritable enough to not play sometimes. I wish we could be T8 again fighting uphill more often than not. I could’ve left and gone back to that and I didn’t. Rolled Kaineng, stayed Kaineng. A lot did leave though. It’s not the same K at all so I understand that not everyone liked the direction we were going in. Other than queues I’m indifferent to the transfers. I play to defend small objectives and fight even smaller and have no intention with alliance-ing it up with any of the new guilds. My guild is left out of the original K conversation 99.9% of the time and it’s not like anyone new will recognize us in game, so I guess depending on your definition of “lost in the crowd”, we fit the bill to a T. Don’t worry though, we’re still out there takin ur towers/camps and meat grindin ur zergs.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

CNB is still here fighting in Kaineng, under a new name but still tagged CNB. We are in WvW everyday we are just overshadowed by these larger transfers. They are all part of some alliance where the are each assigned a borderland where as us CNB guys freelance to where ever the action is. Honestly as I have said before we welcome the transfers always. I dont like that these larger guilds dont seem to communicate with us original Kaineng members much but I have seen some improvement. Although they want us to go to NEO or some other stuff and personally my guild is not interested. We have nothing against NEO or any other alliance going on in Kaineng but were just not interested. We are actively recruiting WvW members due to a loss of members from the old CNB disbanding (long story). CNB will rise up again and if people transfer back out you can bet CNB will still be here. ^-^

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

in WvW

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

You pretty much nailed it. Felt a little insignificant in new Kain. Moved to ET and it feels quite similar to old Kain.

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

I foresaw what was going to happen when I heard ‘War Machine’ was moving to Kaineng. No ‘celebrity’ guild moves without a bandwagon following them.

I moved to ET and get the same feeling as Old Kaineng when I am on the field. I regret nothing, I was happy to have served Kaineng in the past, and am happy to serve Eredon Terrace now, as I know Kaineng will never be the same again.

Edit: After all, I moved to Kaineng originally because a low tier, low population WvW experience is what I wanted, where one person made the difference.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

(edited by Darxio.5672)

in WvW

Posted by: thornbeard.9204

thornbeard.9204

How has this change in fortune impacted you Old Kaineng players? I am sure that you’re happy to finally be up in the tiers, but you had a pretty solid identity before. Given the number of people I saw the other day, I imagine that a lot of the Old Kaineng players are a bit lost in the crowd.

Being lost in the crowd is ok. I was never interested in fame. The increased participation is welcomed. It’s good to pick any map and find others to flock with. In the current match, DB and Mag continue to field forces despite the score, so the sense of danger when roaming is as good as it was when we were outmatched.

Amanitren [KAIN] Kaineng
aka I Die The Most aka Chaulk Outline

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Some people forget SoS is old kaineng. There are a lot of old kaineng still on the server. Though we are much fewer in number. CNB and KAIN are still going strong as well. What was left of NUKE merged into Ai, but a few of our guys flipped their NUKE tags on when fighting Warsworn.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I hope I get to see some of you Kain oldies in Eredon more often

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

Since I usually run solo for scouting things haven’t changed much for me since T8, except now I don’t run into enemy zergs as often since they’re usually busy fighting our zergs.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

Well here’s what i feel about this trip from tier 8 to tier 2

I originally transfered to Kaineng not out of any merits of the server. I was on HoD then because i heard there were many asian, chinese, taiwanese people there. The queues were horrible, so was the culling. Therefore, i decided because of my crappy computer that i should just go the the server with the lowest population. And there Kaineng was right at the top of the list.

So this pugger here never transferred here because of some great cause such as answering to people like Fubuki who was trying to save the server.

So in a way, i never cared much about the identity we have also.

At the end of the day, if i was to be harsh and realistic. I’d say that:
Identities such as “punching above their weight” and “proud underdogs” in reality are just things you use to make yourself feel better when your getting stomped. Or some compliments by your opponents half due to skill and half due to sympathy.

I like WvW and in all those week we were rolled by Devonas i was there. Lets just say that being “proud underdogs” never helped us to win.

Its true that i feel a certain sense of satisfaction when someone mentions that we used to be “punching above their weight” and being “proud underdogs”. But the practical side of me tells me that those were also the times when i would have to charge into a group of 5-6 solo, and die on a daily basis.

I DO miss the old times, those times were like living in a small village. People were more close, more emotional attachment to everything you do. Still remember our first win. Overshadows all of these others nowadays. And back then when we used to take SM, we were overjoyed everytime like its a server first. Not now lol, have gotten used to rolling over people now and hardly feel the thrill to it anymore.

But both styles have their pros and cons. I cannot say which one i prefer more. And as a result most of old Kain who are still here have decided to just live and adapt.

And theres actually some of us still around, Kain you can see everynow and then. CnB, which used to be one of my most trustworthy allies during the guerilla warfare periods against Devonas were still there. The asian PVEers SoS are also still here. Along with some random puggers here and then who i can still remember their names.

Not much has changed, lets say we made A LOT of new friends and the enemy zerg has also become much bigger.

Well not like the Old Kain has been around long enough or we had enough people to make me feel that nostalgic about it.

Rocketing through the tiers has its ups and downs
But as long as i still get to bash a few faces in in WvW. Its all good for this random pugger here.

Oh…..and +1 to OP for this post not being something negative about us for once.

in WvW

Ashuri.1387

Yeah my guild (CNB) tried the whole ET things a long time ago yet it still just didnt feel right to CNB. After all we’ve always said Kaineng no matter what. So we all migrated back and our working hard to get out of the shadows of others. I really miss the DR/FC/Kain matchup even if DR did outnumber us we all still fought hard, FC guys included. Sad to have lost some old Kaineng ppl to ET but glad you all seem to be happy! ^-^

Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Warsworn was an old Kaineng guild from Tier8…. we are currently on Dragonbrand actually… we transfered off Kaineng a week before the huge alliances xferd onto Kaineng…. and are now fighting against Kaineng. lol.

Gotta miss them days, I tried to find you guys when we was matched up in the FA/DB/MAG matchup but i couldn’t find any war commanders, you guys don’t play much anymore?

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: bubO.3548

bubO.3548

Quit a while back got bored of the game. The guild i used to lead KR transferred off to Darkhaven. From what i see now pretty much the small little guilds that made Kaineng are gone or they are there just don’t get much publicity.

Klazart[KR]
Warrior KAINENG POLICE DEPARTMENT

in WvW

Posted by: Skyblue.9358

Skyblue.9358

SoS also old Kain guild since Kain day 1 and still active in WvW.

Winter Skyblue, Elementalist, Kaineng

in WvW

Ashuri.1387

Gotta miss them days, I tried to find you guys when we was matched up in the FA/DB/MAG matchup but i couldn’t find any war commanders, you guys don’t play much anymore?

Yepp I remember you guys. Saw you in WvW and even had fightclub with some of you guys! haha it was fun. You guys left awhile before the transfers came in actually.

Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Sev.5769

Sev.5769

At the end of it you’re playing a game because you find it fun, and a large part of that fun I would say is having a variety of different experiences in the game. That’s why we get such a wide array of activities to play with.

Viewed from that perspective – Playing as the underdog is just one of the many experiences you can obtain from WvWvW. Fighting your way up the ladder with mega guilds and alliances is yet another experience to be cherished. You might not consider it to be your most favorite thing to do, but do consider it a trip worth taking if it takes you places you have not had the opportunity to be in before. You can always switch to a lower pop server at any time, after all. Try to experience the ride, and then decide if it’s not your cup of tea.

Sev Dreamweaver

(edited by Sev.5769)

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Heya Bones, ya we do usually out as a group during NA primetime in our allotted BL we get assigned each week. Not on for the hours upon hours we used to tho lol which is great cause being on DB now compared to Kaineng back in Tier8 is alot more casual.

If u still on Fa, seems like we gunan get matched again next week so see ya out there on reset night :P

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

(edited by thenoobler.7540)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Some of the original guilds that I still see although maybe not as much: cnb, ai, kain, fba, sos. I believe kr might still be here not sure. Also, I believe many members from re formally de are original kain. Anyway its weird sometimes when you recognize an old foe guild and all of a sudden now they are on our side.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Did keineng manage to get any euros during the transfers? Would love to see them take on jade quarry.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

As a Commander of CNB I welcome the new tier and competition. Kaineng even though we have changed and our losing streak has diminished, we still have that Kaineng pride, and fighting spirit. Lets not forget the original Kaineng guilds like SoS, KAIN, DE, etc. But lets not forget or overlook the newer guilds that came to our aid in helping Kaineng achieve success. WM plays a big part in this protecting and serving Kaineng. As a representative of Kaineng, and CNB we Thank and Appreciate everything. And as much as it pains me to fight against my original server my home Tarnished Coast. I have found a new home right here in Kaineng. I love, respect, and have pride for anyone and everyone who represents Kaineng as a whole. Good luck to all tonight.

~Cheers..
-AikijinX

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)

in WvW

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

I remember our first win too.

It’s to bad we got bandwagoned into queue times.

I left the server as it became really boring to play there.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Heya Bones, ya we do usually out as a group during NA primetime in our allotted BL we get assigned each week. Not on for the hours upon hours we used to tho lol which is great cause being on DB now compared to Kaineng back in Tier8 is alot more casual.

If u still on Fa, seems like we gunan get matched again next week so see ya out there on reset night :P

yup still there, tonight, hopefully i’ll see you guys, i doubt we’ll be in home bl, most likely either DB or Mags,

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

Hi guys,

I had a few minutes today and decided to pop by the forums and see what was new. It looks like quite a bit.

I haven’t had an opportunity to play the game since late November. My brother and his family are going through some life changes and they moved in with me and my family. Trying to navigate a house full of kids without losing my sanity has become a full time game in itself (and I’m losing!).

Cool to see Kaineng has progressed, and that there are still people around from the old days. I don’t know when I’ll get to play again, especially with the weather getting nicer. I can already hear my kayak calling my name. I just wanted to stop by and say hi to all of my old friends, where ever you ended up.

BTW: I’m going to be permanently deleting the Kaineng War Report archive blog in a day or so and re-purposing that account. If anyone wants to keep any of the old screen shots or videos, grab them soon. http://kaineng.tumblr.com

I hope everyone’s doing well!
Fub

in WvW

Posted by: Rexcalibur.6743

Rexcalibur.6743

Originally from Kaineng, I was part of Kaineng Raiders [KR]. However, when our leader abandoned us with no warning, myself and other high ranks decided it was time to transfer when we saw all the NEO alliance and War Machine were coming to Kaineng. We’ve happily moved over to Darkhaven and regret nothing. Kaineng is no longer itself, it’s a whole new world.

80 memser
Leader of Shards of the Past [PAST]
Darkhaven server

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Originally from Kaineng, I was part of Kaineng Raiders [KR]. However, when our leader abandoned us with no warning, myself and other high ranks decided it was time to transfer when we saw all the NEO alliance and War Machine were coming to Kaineng. We’ve happily moved over to Darkhaven and regret nothing. Kaineng is no longer itself, it’s a whole new world.

You’re definitely right in that things have changed; I don’t necessarily think for the worse though. Now that we’ve found our new niche in T2 and are facing servers of similar strength, Kaineng is a really fun place to be.

Very glad you guys found a good spot over on DH!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: omnislash.7106

omnislash.7106

It was good fighting along side KR and will definitely miss old times, but looking way things are, T2 is fun ^^ gotta keep moving

Ktyz [CNB]
Cmdr
-Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: joenavychief.2310

joenavychief.2310

Hey Darxio, wondered where you went….good to see you’re stll around…Kaineng definitely different now but i will never leave…Hope you are still puttin it to “THE MAN”…LOL