A Server's Story

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Biganorak.2406

Biganorak.2406

Hello everyone,

Let me tell you the history of Far Shiverpeaks, its current situation, its plans for the future and why you should join us before Arenanet start charging real money to switch servers.

In the Guild Wars 2 Beta events, when the WvWvW clock was reset every 24 hours, Far Shiverpeaks was very successful, and attracted many Scandinavian, North European and Russian-based guilds and alliances, so much so, at release, Far Shiverpeaks was one of the first to achieve “Full” status. As a result, we became victims of our own success, and faced 2-5 hour queues to get into WvWvW, which some guilds found frustrating. The queues also meant we could not organise an effective defence against Vizunah Square, who were clearly better organised, especially with their night capping strategy that took many on Far Shiverpeaks by surprise.

Despite these initial problems Far Shiverpeaks held the number 2 position behind Vizunah Square, and we became rightly proud of our ability to win a fight when we were outnumbered.

Far Shiverpeaks has always had a strong PVE population, and many guilds split their time between PVE and WvWvW. This caused a rift between the guilds that were very focused on WvWvW ( mostly Russian), and the guilds who were less focussed on WvW. Things came to a head at the Halloween event when the WvWvW guilds asked the others to send reinforcements to the battle grounds and they were told that they were too busy fighting Mad King Thorn! This was the final straw, and one of the major Alliances, Disorder League left the server.

This caused a snowball effect, and many other guilds and alliances left, and consequently Far Shiverpeaks fell from Tier 1 to Tier 4. Ironically it was in that week in Tier 4 that we finally got our night fighting team organised to the point that we achieved 100% map ownership and we got back into Tier 3, but unfortunately several other guilds had decided to leave so we fell straight back to Tier 4, and most likely will drop to Tier 5 this week.

At the moment we have a well-organised night – early morning crew, but at peak times we can still get queues for Eternal Battlegrounds and Far Shiverpeaks borderland, but not the other borderlands. Many PVE players have responded to our call to arms, and we are doing our best to train these raw recruits and turn them into battle-hardened veterans, but this will take time.

In many ways the history of Far Shiverpeaks server mirrors the history of Far Shiverpeaks in the original Guild Wars story, as it is the region where the Ascolonian refugees nearly lost it all – it is where Prince Rurik lost his life to help save his people – yet it is also where hope was born, an alliance made with the dwarves, and the escape into Kryta where the people could rebuild.

Well the current Far Shiverpeaks WvWvW players are those refugees. We are a small band of tough, determined fighters with leaders who can fight and win against overwhelming odds. We have a newly reformatted website: www.farshiverpeaks.com, and large public TS3 server. The server maintains a high PVE population so any guilds who have a large PVE membership will be able to ensure that their members will get plenty of PVE action when not having fun in the battlegrounds.

We are looking for tough and determined fighters individually and in guilds who will not quit when the going gets tough. We may not get back to Tier 1 in the near future, but Far Shiverpeaks will come back and make WvWvW history. If you want to be part of GW2 history and not a short-term glory hunter, we will welcome you with open arms.

TL; DR
Far Shiverpeaks is an EU server that has experienced the best and worst of times in WvWvW. But in the words of the song “I get knocked down, I get back up again, You ain’t ever going to keep me down”.

If you share the sentiments of the song come and join us in Far Shiverpeaks.

It’s only a game.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: suppenkasper.5371

suppenkasper.5371

Very well written and signed for truth. We welcome you on our server!

Bloodwyne, Commander of Far Shiverpeaks

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Aralon.7501

Aralon.7501

Great story!
I"ve never had queues on any of the maps, but maybe thats just me. I hooe some players will join the servers.

Aralon Mors – Norn Hybrid Necro
Aralon Scutum – Charr Healing Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks! – Guild of Tweakers [GoT]

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: PSYCHOSIM.2935

PSYCHOSIM.2935

First post ever on this forum. Great story based on facts. As an die hard Far Shiverpeaker ( who will never leave FS ) i welcome every1 who wants to make this server legendary.
Blond Beauty Babe.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

A proud server, with a proud history. Help create its future – you won’t regret it. Being able to say you were there when we stood tall and turned the tide – be part of that story!

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Idstedt.7239

Idstedt.7239

A well written history and current situation of the server!

Skunkwerk @ www.ruthless.se , Far Shiverpeaks.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Just like Gunnar’s Hold, except our pointseekers abandoned GH much earlier. And we’re not the only ones with a very similar history.

Good luck in rebuilding your ranks o/

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Rebuilding is fun. I’m quite enjoying it! I’ve never been much for giving up either.

I like reading our story written out like this Thank you Big Anorak!

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

nice to see that there are still enough people who are willing to fight for this server instead of taking the easy way and jumping boat.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Taek.4671

Taek.4671

This is a great write up Biganorak. Proud to be part of this server, the positive fighting spirit and see the enthusiasm of all the new people in WvW.

[TGA]The Gamers Asylum

A Server's Story

in WvW

maloki.3527

And the story goes on. Active recruitment in effect.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Eu-Far-Shiverpeaks-LF-WvW-NA-players/

Well we are looking for more than that. But still. Let’s start it there. My two baby guilds. :

@Farshiverpeaks

(edited by maloki.3527)

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

I was on on FSP until last week, i really applaud maloki and bloodwyne trying their best to keep fsp afloat and wish u the very best.

i recently moved to desolation cos of lack of competitive spirit from FSP and too much focus on PVE, we all faced it when fractals were released.

i think u both are doing great, however there’s only so much you can do on FSP and are only limiting yourselves by still remaining on FSP even though its quite clear that FSP wants to be a PVE focused server.

My guild EPIC also recently moved to Deso from FSP, even though Deso is also a pve server often out manned and PVE focused, some of the guilds there(ex-Iron) are very focused on WvW and would definitely benefit from like minded people like Maloki and bloodwyne who also share the same love for WvW but only on a different server.

I would have never moved from FSP nor do i ask anybody to move from there, however we also have to acknowledge the fact that it wants to be PVE focused,

Deso also is very similar to FSP and is definitely worth considering and you will add the same amount of value here as you do on FSP, only difference is Deso is a little more WvW focused.

Signed
Nornzilla.

(edited by salluks.6017)

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Cromwell.3971

Cromwell.3971

We can still field a sizeable Zerg in FS but we need to get organised across the battlefields.
We may not win the war but its a lot of fun winning Battles (and who knows)

With people like Bloodwyne and Biganorak fighting for the cause we have a chance
to at least get better at what we do.

Gelam (Ranger)FSP
Nilamus (warrior)

(edited by Cromwell.3971)

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

I would have never moved from FSP nor do i ask anybody to move from there, however we also have to acknowledge the fact that it wants to be PVE focused,

Considering the cap on players in WvW maps, you won’t really find a WvW focused server (those that attempted to be one weren’t for long time because guilds sick of the long queue times started server hopping), at least until free server transfers have been disabled.
So I think we have to acknowledge that currently every single server is a server catering to and focusing on all gaming modes.
And I don’t think our server has the wish to be only PvE focused nor the majority of our players wishing that we wouldn’t be partaking in WvW at all.
It’s the WvW players transferring off that made our activity in WvW less, not the PvE players chasing you / them off the server.
If all guilds that transferred off would’ve stayed around we wouldn’t have dropped any further than t2 and if we had gotten our night team ready then, we might’ve even been back in t1.
But I guess not enough people have the balls to stay around and try to give that extra bit of energy needed to turn things around. It’s much easier to just go for the greener grass sown by others for you.
I realize this may sound I’m still bitter about that but it’s just a reaction to the many times I’ve heard now that those guilds “had no other choice”, “the server was dying” or “it’s just a pve server so not worth our presence” etc. on which I call bs.

(edited by holska.4127)

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Lyger.1826

Lyger.1826

I had a lot of fun in WvW last night. I hooked up a little ninja squad with Maloki’s zerg (and her shiny new commander badge!) on TS, and it felt like one of the most organised times I’ve ever had in WvW. Granted, we were outmanned a lot of the time before I had to leave and get some sleep, but I think we achieved some of the cohesion between players that has been lacking recently.

This makes me hopeful that Far Shiverpeaks can come through this mass server hopping we’ve been seeing. Yes, we still need the help – but those of us who like the challenge aren’t giving up.

We ain’t dead yet.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Wish you luck guys, it’s ridiculous how many top guilds and players you have lost. Really impressive that you guys are staying and trying to rebuild.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Wytche.8327

Wytche.8327

Just my 2 pence worth.

I rolled on FSP on first day of the early start, queued hours to get into W3, only to crash to desktop after 20 minutes.
Now it’s insta log into W3 since all our fairweather friends left to join the enemy.
I’ve never been to any other server, nor will I ever.
FSP is my GW2 home, even if Im the last one left.

I dont belong to a guild, I just run around and aoe everything red, but maybe time to think about joining up …. maybe.
I played almost 6 years on Albion Kay {DAoC) and about 3.5 years in WARhammer,but GW2 W3 compares well with both .. more fun I would say, although less depth than DAoC.
Anyway, just thought I would add my voice and support to our server, as I dont normally post any more.

Glass cannon and 2`10" of Asuran dynamite

Aprille Raine.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Jak Shadow.2864

Aprille

You should definitely think about joining one of the bigger guilds – for WvW it does make a difference in terms of always being able to find a party to travel with, which means less chance of getting ganked but also more chance to make a difference doing strategic capping.

My own small Guild of 11 just joined Destiny Warriors for this reason and several other smaller guilds are doing the same which is helping with our improved coordination.

And Army of Albion is making is making big contribution on the server too so check them out.

Even if you don’t want to join a guild in the end then at least sign up to our server forum www.farshiverpeaks.com and jump on to the open Team Speak server.

Go Shiverpeaks!

A Server's Story

in WvW

Wytche.8327

I think it’s because I’ve been in guilds, and led guilds, alliances, warbands for the past 12 years or so, and it’s nice to have a short break from responsibility etc .. I can act selfishly for a change
I much prefer being on the underdog side, but I understand the need for co-operation on a large scale and will give it some thought.

I tried the link to the public server but no success so far.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Jak Shadow.2864

I tried the link to the public server but no success so far.

Try this, it should work.

http://www.farshiverpeaks.com/forum/

Just come along and hang out. And when you want to do more, we’ll be glad to help you find a home.

I know we will welcome home the prodigal children of the Shiverpeaks too, once our renaissance shows that we are not only worth fighting for, but that we are fighting for all that we are worth. And fighting well.

(edited by Jak Shadow.2864)

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

We didn’t loose any top guilds, we just lost a lot of wvw players and wannabe wvw guilds.
What true top guilds would be afraid of a challenge?
You won’t learn any tactics by rolling over your opponents every week by having superior numbers.
That’s why many of the guilds that left left while FSP was doing bad, they couldn’t make a difference and searched for a place where they didn’t need to make a difference.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

A Server's Story

in WvW

Biganorak.2406

hit return too soon

It’s only a game.

(edited by Biganorak.2406)

A Server's Story

in WvW

Biganorak.2406

It is important that we respect whatever reason guilds had for leaving. At the end of the day we are playing a game that we want to extract as much enjoyment from as we can, and we have to accept that “instant gratification” is more appealing than “long, hard slog” for many people.

Personally I have deep respect for those that have decided stay, especially as it is clear that we probably have further to fall and will therefore have an even tougher climb back up. I will also have a ton of respect for those players that return and/or join us to take on the challenge that faces us.

It’s only a game.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Wytche.8327

That link worked Jak Shadow, tyvm

A Server's Story

in WvW

Jak Shadow.2864

That link worked Jak Shadow, tyvm

Wytche, I saw that you were our newest member on the FSP board. Welcome.

Anyone can register, but if you are a player on the server you can get access to some of the other areas of the site, which aren’t open to non-FSP players. It isn’t necessarily so clear from the site that this area is available.

Just drop by once you have registered to:

http://www.farshiverpeaks.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

And ask for access. It wont necessarily change your life, but we do have some interesting discussions and are always pleased to have people drop by and share ideas with the rest of the community.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Wytche.8327

Ok will do, just about to log in and see if we have any towers left standing

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

I joined FSP few weeks ago and I see two stories in one server:
low numbers in www and some people / guilds leaving to “more competitive” servers
but at the same time skilled players in www, good commanders and an ability in taking places and defending strongholds quite uncommon.

FSP just need some more dedicated guilds willing to deploy thier forces here, in a no-queue server.
Probably a guild that is big enough could claim “ownership” on a borderland and be the point reference for the server for that border..

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

A Server's Story

in WvW

Wytche.8327

Some of it is down to stubborness, hating to lose each inch of land.
Some of it is down to ‘’Realm Pride’’ as we called it in DAoC, although many people scoff and say there is no such thing.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i just transfered today on Fs, from an top server, cause my pc cannot handle large scale battles anymore
My first impresion after 1 hour of WvWvW in Fs
pro’s : is on low tier at this moment so it has an chance to rebuild
few dedicated players
con’s : main : to low manpower at the moment , and few other minor issues

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Lyger.1826

Lyger.1826

i just transfered today on Fs, from an top server, cause my pc cannot handle large scale battles anymore
few dedicated players

Hi Rayya!

If you check out our forums, you can see how we’re getting organised, which may shed some light on those minor issues for you.

http://www.farshiverpeaks.com/forum/

Looking forward to seeing you in game!

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

Server´s performance getting better and better. New players and guilds taking part in WvW and the morale for good fights is still there. But of course we can need some more numbers. Next matchup FS should be able to be competitive again and fight for the first rank. So join us to take part for the comeback to higher brackets.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

As a norwegian not joining FS at launch due to guild going Gandara I was very surprised during this WvW matchup with you guys. You just didnt have the numbers. Some very skilled players though. That you have

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

A Server's Story

in WvW

maloki.3527

What is currently happening on Far Shiverpeaks for WvW:
- We are getting new members to the server and to the guilds.
- We see an increase in tactics (when we have enough players) to pull off crazy things.
- We are having a lot of fun again ( at least I know I am!)
- Increase in communication between commanders and planning to not invade the same BL
- Crazy tactics = Laughs!

@Farshiverpeaks

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: PSYCHOSIM.2935

PSYCHOSIM.2935

Refreshing topic. Still in need of at least 1 dedicated wvw guild.

A Server's Story

in WvW

maloki.3527

When numbers are few we deploy tactics instead.

I love it.

@Farshiverpeaks

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyer.5716

Zephyer.5716

[GoT] member reporting in.

From the BETA on we rolled FS with a mix of WvW and PvE.

We’re getting more and more members to join our ranks in WvW from our guild as they see the fun in this part of the game. We’ve also seen a small increase of members joining the guild and hitting WvW instantly from low lvl on.

The other servers know for a fact, that FS zergs are a VERY hard nutt to crack.
If outnumbered, we stand our ground, fight untill the last man (or woman! :P ) is standing. I have never seen such a small group (if you see the numbers in a zerg vs. other server atm) being as solid as a rock. Yes, we fail on some ocasions.. but hey, we learn, adept and move on! And thus, we are hitting the ‘others’ harder and harder each week.

ATM we’ve got some officers / sr. Members planning recurrent events for WvW.
Thus GoT is (and will be) more represented on certain days of the week.
(On these days we’re online with +/- 40 ppl.) if not a bit more…

We’re confident that we can make a difference with you guys, lets get this show on the road.

Attachments:

GoT the will to win? GoT the will to conquer?
Then you have GoT to apply to GuildofTweakers, ‘the’ Dutch/Belgium guild in GW2.

(edited by Zephyer.5716)

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Thelbanor.5169

Thelbanor.5169

[VMGR] has been at FS for almost 2 months now and let me say we’re enjoying every second of our time here!

If you are looking for a server where you can actually make a difference in WvW, then FS is the place you’re looking for! Excellent community, hard fights and tons of interesting guilds to choose from!

Don’t forget to drop by the server’s community site to check us out:
www.farshiverpeaks.com

Come join us for a fun time! Hey, Papari Squad is there too!

/salute to all fellow FS players!

Attachments:

[VMGR] – Far Shiverpeaks – Papari Squad
http://vmorghulis.enjin.com
http://youtube.com/vmorghulisgr

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

[MA] here to bump this thread. We’re a fairly small community in comparison to some of the larger guilds in the WvW Alliance, but we’ve been welcomed the same as any other guild within the Alliance. If there are some smaller guilds out there who are sat on the fence about whether they should come over to FSP, sit on that fence no more!

Everyone is very accommodating & welcoming regardless of your background. Get yourselves involved @ www.farshiverpeaks.com to get the most out of what this Server can offer!

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

A Server's Story

in WvW

maloki.3527

Tonight we had a big meeting about the future of this server and the WvW we do!

I think this is a step in a very right direction!

Attachments:

@Farshiverpeaks

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Cornholio.1567

Cornholio.1567

few dedicated players

aww Rayya GG… Was fun watching you play your thief.. Did you trasfer back already?
-Diavolo o

Anyhow FS is going down hill any way you look at it.. PvE is starting to hurt now aswell so I dont think there will be long before PvE community here starts to transfer over aswell

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Pumillion.2519

Pumillion.2519

[eMoa] approves Far shiverpeaks

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: maideth.7923

maideth.7923

FS is a great server,we just need more people! if you want a challange,join us!

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.4728

Sam.4728

Unfortunately, I don’t have as much time to play as I like. When I do WvW (on my RtR elementalist), what I really like about FSP is that I can make a difference.

Small organized groups are the hallmark of my FSP experience. If we had a few more of these, I can’t but help wonder how effective a zerg would really be against us. A zerg can only be in one or two places. Our small raiding parties can be everywhere… and they are usually coordinated both inside the team and across teams.

I personally find this much more fun than being part of the large zergs we had in the past, where I basically threw staff AoE as a small cog in the giant zerg machine. In small parties, I can run D/D and be very effective against even greater numbers of enemies. Much more satisfying than mere marginal zerg AoE contribution.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I’m European and I fight as night crew on the USA sister server Northern Shiverpeaks.
You’ll always have a home here with us!

The Northern Shiverpeaks is currently suffering from the server Xfer plague losing nearly all of its major WvW guilds.

Come join us at www.shiverpeaks.com
(Yeus, our website should include both the peaks)

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

A Server's Story

in WvW

maloki.3527

I’m European and I fight as night crew on the USA sister server Northern Shiverpeaks.
You’ll always have a home here with us!

The Northern Shiverpeaks is currently suffering from the server Xfer plague losing nearly all of its major WvW guilds.

Come join us at www.shiverpeaks.com
(Yeus, our website should include both the peaks)

Thank you but no thank you. Even if we usually say the same.
We are not looking to leave anywhere. Our core is definitely here to stay, and things are turning around now.

@Farshiverpeaks

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

If you do end up in tier 5 I’d like to be the first to give you guys a nice warm HoD welcome to the lower half of the servers =)

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

A Server's Story

in WvW

maloki.3527

If you do end up in tier 5 I’d like to be the first to give you guys a nice warm HoD welcome to the lower half of the servers =)

We’re in T7 right now.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

@Farshiverpeaks

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

Oh… welcome aboard!

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyer.5716

Zephyer.5716

The recent activities have been paying off.
Although we’re (still) in a fresh starting phase, things are already turning around.
At time of posting we’re #1 with a 17k ‘gap’ which has everything to do with the commanders and the resp. guilds.

I can only imagine when we go into phase 2 .. I can only imagine what other servers are thinking about FS. I can only hope what it will bring .. a christmas present? :P

FS is making a stand and this and upcomming week can, and will be, the moment that we take back what is righfully ours.. a higher Tier

GoT the will to win? GoT the will to conquer?
Then you have GoT to apply to GuildofTweakers, ‘the’ Dutch/Belgium guild in GW2.

A Server's Story

in WvW

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

after another week of www we are on top again, still in T7 but with many new faces, an improving organization and growing fast.

Come and see us :-)

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square