A Small Change, but Maybe a Large Effect?

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

A lot of people feel they’ve lost any sense of server loyalty, maybe this can help:

I wanted to see ET tags while on Blackgate, just seeing different names in green coming to support you would change the feel of things a good amount imo. Not likely since we see their actual names.

But for enemies perhaps.

Map naming itself would probably not be as easily done without making more salt, but at least, each player’s server name should be maintained.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I am not against this concept per se. However, hypothetically whats to stop an enemy commander/zerg from targeting those from lower tiers servers because you could be under the assumption that those players are not used to big fights and therefore easier to pick off. Everyone having the same server tag, gives a little anonymity. Its kind of like targeting those with certain guild tags or higher ranks, I would bet there are quite a few high ranked people who would rather be able to choose what rank they can display so they would not get focused. Now of course these are not the only factors, and what I stated is only hypothetical, I’m not bashing on those from lower tiers lol.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Ven Zehn.6573

I think that could work positively actually, if someone were to try to focus the lower tier guilds, I’m sure the higher tiers would see/hear about it and support them. Kind of like a big brother mentality, and should a high tier server choose to focus on “weaker” groups, that in it of itself would have repercussions.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

It would also be a nice thing for old server rivalry, so if two groups from each their T8 servers find each others in WvW they will know (without having to know all the guild tags etc).

Can’t you just imagine a group from ET and IoJ for example go for each others throat and telling their T1 allies to let them finish their own fight

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

It can get really confusing when you fight 2 different servers pairs with 4 different names. And they ALL change every week. Which servers is that group from? oh, they are allied with these guys over there, but then what is the group on left doing here?

in WvW

Ven Zehn.6573

They’ll still be red, they’ll still be enemies lol, there might be some confusion with who’s allied with who, but not exactly difficult to keep track of.

And it’s not every week iirc, we’ll be teamed of for a few weeks at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I am not against this concept per se. However, hypothetically whats to stop an enemy commander/zerg from targeting those from lower tiers servers because you could be under the assumption that those players are not used to big fights and therefore easier to pick off. Everyone having the same server tag, gives a little anonymity. Its kind of like targeting those with certain guild tags or higher ranks, I would bet there are quite a few high ranked people who would rather be able to choose what rank they can display so they would not get focused. Now of course these are not the only factors, and what I stated is only hypothetical, I’m not bashing on those from lower tiers lol.

ET would still be marked easily. We’re the ones who don’t know to run after someone called out “Spotted”
We’re the ones who run headlong into blobs because we’re not used to avoidance tactics :-D

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.