A better solution to the GvG problem!

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I know the devs already mentioned they dont have the resources to create a 4th mode called “GvG”. Yet the reason players asked for this was simply because GvG gave us certain things we didn’t have. The biggest thing is the ability to fight every and any guild we can. If we had this ability, things would be find imo. Leaderboards arn’t needed and almost every GvG enthusiast whose been around the scene for some time knows that there have been attempts to organize leaderboards in the past and that they never work.

So one of the main problems is that we can’t fight whoever we want. We are limited to fighting the people within our own matchup. EOTM GvGs rarely if ever happen because of the chaotic nature of EOTM that would disrupt GvGs, griefing, etc.

My idea is that with the upcoming guild halls, we could have the ability to buy an instanced arena for our guild hall that we can invite other guilds to, to fight in. Perhaps one that could be purchased through the gemstore, like one of the custom arenas. One that supports up to 15 or 20 players per team. This would solve the problem of not being able to fight guilds on our own server, or guilds in a different matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Even a better solution right here!! Go read this thread posts over and over again until you realize that there is no point in even creating topics like this anymore.!!! Problem solved

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/GvG-community-ignored-again-why/first#post4780149

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Honestly, its already a player driven event and Anet would most likely implement it in a way that would tick off many. If they just made OS a mega server instance, it would probably sate a lot of players for a good while.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Well I hope they create an OS instance you can enter from within the guild hall that you can invite anyone into because then you still have the gear customisation from wvw. Also I’m sure there are many people who wonder who would win if they dueled a guildie with their wvw roaming spec.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

GvG threads are like mount ones in the Gw2 discussion subforum. No matter how many times they say no, these threads will pop up.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

If they continue to ignore it, it will go away on its own.

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

GvG threads are like mount ones in the Gw2 discussion subforum. No matter how many times they say no, these threads will pop up.

i do gotta admit, no mounts is stupid on so many levels, especially the financial one. most mmos ive played with a cash shop, players throw money at mounts like crazy.

it also amazes me how many mmos ive played that dont have gvg that get begged for it but never deliver. its strange.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

If they continue to ignore it, it will go away on its own.

ignore problems never go away player will find solution somewhere else. Guild Wars 2 is not only free mmo game, also if it take player to pay for mmo game for solution; they will pay.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

OP: Already been asked for numerous times. Ignored each and every time like the entire WvW community.

I’ve just got 3 easy questions for ANet to answer…

1.) Can they at a very bare minimum, turn FFA PvP on a PvE map and keep the world server archetecture in place so players can fight other players outside of their current match up?

2.) Can you expand the FFA PvP to simply make it so players outside of your guild are flagged for PvP and those within are friendly and can’t be harmed?

3.) Can you clone a PvE map, remove all the PvE NPCs and allow players to ‘queue’ to this map just like they would EotM or OS?

That’s it… a cloned PvE map devoid of all NPCs that players can join and create overflows just like a normal PvE map, that uses a different ruleset so everyone outside of your guild is flagged an enemy.

That’s all it would take. ANet can continune to ignore it and allow players to police it on their own just like they currently handle GvGs on their own.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Take all the WvW guilds and then compare those with guilds that actually do GvG. There are a lot more WvW guilds than GvG guilds I would bet.. How long does fighting the same guilds over and over again go on before it becomes stale and boring.. How many actually GvG fights will you get in a day since most Guilds have different time zones and play at different times. You will still only be able to enter this GvG mode that you guys want when the other guild agrees on a time and can actually get people to go there.. I read forums. I watch GvG get canceled because the driver has a belly ache and cant make it.

The biggest problem going by what players talk about on these forums is population problems.. Making another game mode or even a spot for you all to run into each other will help kill off WvW even more.. So after you guys help kill WvW even more by pulling more people out of WvW. Your GvG mode be the next game mode to die off when you fight every guild that considers themselves a GvG guild over and over and over and over again.

So if your GvG map or mode that you want will help FIX population problems then I’m all for it.. If this GvG map or mode will take more players away from WvW then I’m not for it..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Take all the WvW guilds and then compare those with guilds that actually do GvG. There are a lot more WvW guilds than GvG guilds I would bet.. How long does fighting the same guilds over and over again go on before it becomes stale and boring.. How many actually GvG fights will you get in a day since most Guilds have different time zones and play at different times. You will still only be able to enter this GvG mode that you guys want when the other guild agrees on a time and can actually get people to go there.. I read forums. I watch GvG get canceled because the driver has a belly ache and cant make it.

The biggest problem going by what players talk about on these forums is population problems.. Making another game mode or even a spot for you all to run into each other will help kill off WvW even more.. So after you guys help kill WvW even more by pulling more people out of WvW. Your GvG mode be the next game mode to die off when you fight every guild that considers themselves a GvG guild over and over and over and over again.

So if your GvG map or mode that you want will help FIX population problems then I’m all for it.. If this GvG map or mode will take more players away from WvW then I’m not for it..

Guild vs Guild is your guild play against other guild; not server vs server; wvw, not pvp vs pvp.

many player do not play wvw; are you going to blame pvp? many player do not play pve; are you going to blame wvw? many player play pvp; are you going to blame pve and wvw? I research Guild Wars 2 have gvg; did gvg take away more player from pve and pvp?

Every player log in game have Choice to chose what game mode want play; arena net do not Force you chose play game mode; there is no 1 game mode in Guild Wars 2.

Example; more people take car to work; are you going blame train, bus for take away people? If there was only take car for work and no choice to chose train, bus than it is car for blame. It is not hard to understand; very easy.

If player want play pvp, pve, wvw and gvg game mode, it is their choice; not blame other game mode or other player or arena net for not taking away players

When company give player choice is good; in return…company grow and player base grow. When company take away choice from player, player base leave and company life cut short

Ankur

in WvW

briggah.7910

Guild vs Guild is your guild play against other guild; not server vs server; wvw, not pvp vs pvp.

many player do not play wvw; are you going to blame pvp? many player do not play pve; are you going to blame wvw? many player play pvp; are you going to blame pve and wvw? I research Guild Wars 2 have gvg; did gvg take away more player from pve and pvp?

Every player log in game have Choice to chose what game mode want play; arena net do not Force you chose and there is no 1 game mode in Guild Wars 2.

Example; more people take car to work; are you going blame train, bus for take away people? If there was only take car for work and no choice to chose train, bus than it is car for blame. It is not hard to understand; very easy.

Where did all these GvG guilds come from? Were they not created for WvW or started in WvW? They were started in wvw and now you guys want your own spot not in WvW.. I don’t know many pve/pvp guilds that have turned into GvG guilds. I know way more guilds that consider themselves a WvW guild than I do that actually consider themselves a GvG guild.. You guys are very very small compared to every other game mode already in this game.. Point is anet said they are not going to support your type of game mode. So you have 2 solutions

First solution: Keep making posts about not having a GvG mode. You guys are the smallest population out of every game mode and are starting to turn into the biggest QQ’ers on these forums.. This solution will only make you look sour..

Second solution: Keep gathering the way you have been and continue to keep your made up game mode thriving.. Keep doing what you are doing cause you seem to be having fun doing that.. This is the solution you should take.

Most will take the first solution..

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

briggah.7910

When company give player choice is good; in return…company grow and player base grow. When company take away choice from player, player base leave and company life cut short

The company doesn’t want to support your type of game mode.. The type of game mode that was created by the players.. It was never a choice to begin with so they are not taking away a choice from you..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Every player log in game have Choice to chose what game mode want play; arena net do not Force you chose and there is no 1 game mode in Guild Wars 2.

Where did all these GvG guilds come from? Were they not created for WvW or started in WvW? They were started in wvw and now you guys want your own spot not in WvW.. I don’t know many pve/pvp guilds that have turned into GvG guilds. I know way more guilds that consider themselves a WvW guild than I do that actually consider themselves a GvG guild.. You guys are very very small compared to every other game mode already in this game.. Point is anet said they are not going to support your type of game mode. So you have 2 solutions

First solution: Keep making posts about not having a GvG mode. You guys are the smallest population out of every game mode and are starting to turn into the biggest QQ’ers on these forums.. This solution will only make you look sour..

Second solution: Keep gathering the way you have been and continue to keep your made up game mode thriving.. Keep doing what you are doing cause you seem to be having fun doing that.. This is the solution you should take.

Most will do the first solution..

so gvg is smallest population? so let me use example; so just because small people take bus and train to work; take it away from them? because they do not take car like other more people to work? so just because small people take bus and train to work; they have to be punish for not have car? If that were happen; what would happen to economy? what would happen to transportation? what would happen to financial market? so just because gvg is small population; take away privilege from them? so just because gvg is small population; take away choice from them? so just because gvg is small population; take way their value? If that is arena net model for Guild Wars 2, If that is arena net vision for Guild Wars 2; good luck.

(By the way… there is something call- small business).

Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Every player log in game have Choice to chose what game mode want play; arena net do not Force you chose play game mode; there is no 1 game mode in Guild Wars 2.

If player want play pvp, pve, wvw and gvg game mode, it is their choice; not blame other game mode or other player or arena net for not taking away players

Right, but I rarely see many asking for GvG. What I see is the same, very very few players asking for it over and over. I am not against GvG, but I would gather that they do not see the interest level high enough to make a return on the time/money investment it would require, and I think they are correct.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Fudge.9527

Fudge.9527

I think the best solution / compromise would be for Stronghold to have a 15vs15 option available for custom arenas, with the option to recognize PvE equips / builds instead of PvP. This would promote gem sales and give GvG players what they want: an instanced area to do large TDM fights using WvW builds and food buffs, and it wouldn’t require very much work on ANet’s end.

This would require Stronghold to have a relatively large area that guilds could fight in without the risk of having NPCs come and interfere. No idea if that’s currently the case or not.

in WvW

briggah.7910

so gvg is smallest population? so let me use example; so just because small people take bus and train to work; take it away from them? because they do not take car like other more people to work? so just because small people take bus and train to work; they have to be punish for not have car? If that were happen; what would happen to economy? what would happen to transportation? what would happen to financial market? so just because gvp is small population; take away privilege from them? so just because gvg is small population; take away choice from them? so just because gvg is small population; take way their value? If that is arena net model for Guild Wars 2, If that is arena net vision for Guild Wars 2; good luck.

Too bad this is a game.. I can point out a tons of ways how LIFE is not fair for some people. I’m talking about this game not how many people take a bus to and from work. So its not fair that anet won’t give you a spot to have 25vs25 death matches? Guess what LIFE isn’t fair so that is just part of life. You can move on and try to make something out of your life or you can constantly QQ because you feel it is unfair..

to sum it up. Anet won’t support your game mode.. You can either keep QQ’ing over it or you can continue to do what you have been doing and find some joy in GvG’ing

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

so gvg is smallest population? so let me use example; so just because small people take bus and train to work; take it away from them? because they do not take car like other more people to work? so just because small people take bus and train to work; they have to be punish for not have car? If that were happen; what would happen to economy? what would happen to transportation? what would happen to financial market? so just because gvp is small population; take away privilege from them? so just because gvg is small population; take away choice from them? so just because gvg is small population; take way their value? If that is arena net model for Guild Wars 2, If that is arena net vision for Guild Wars 2; good luck.

Too bad this is a game.. I can point out a tons of ways how LIFE is not fair for some people. I’m talking about this game not how many people take a bus to and from work. So its not fair that anet won’t give you a spot to have 25vs25 death matches? Guess what LIFE isn’t fair so that is just part of life. You can move on and try to make something out of your life or you can constantly QQ because you feel it is unfair..

Life Give You Choice

Do Life Take Away Life From You Just Because Other Have More Choice in LifeThan You? No!
Do Life Take Away Food From You Just Because Other Have More Food Than You? No!
Do Life Take Away Water Form You Just Because Other Have More Water Than You? No!
Do Life Take Away Shelter From You Just Because Other Have More Shelter Than You? No!
Do Life Take Away Strength From You Just Because Other Have More Strength Than You? No!

Ankur

in WvW

briggah.7910

Life Give You Choice!
Do Life Take Away Life From You Because Other Have More Choice Than You! No!

The game gave you choices for each of its game modes. It doesn’t need another game mode that will mostly likely die. Life has many choices but some people are forced to take choices they don’t want to take.. Not everyone IRL gets into the best schools. Not everyone IRL gets into the college that they want to go to. Not everyone IRL can afford to wine and dine. Not everyone IRL owns a car. Not everyone IRL works in the job they want to.. Is that their choice?? NO they are just trying to get by since they don’t have the same choices as others since lets face it life isn’t really fair.

Since anet stated they won’t support your type of game mode, just like IRL you will have to settle with that and try to just get by and continue to have some sort of fun.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

SkylightMoon.1980

Im very doubtful of this. Ive played WvW in multiple dif tiers pretty consistently and id say its at least half and half. Some guilds GvG consistently while others rarely will.

There are really two types of guilds in WvW. People who do PPT and people who go for fights(usually end up being up for GvG’s as well). There is one important appeal of fights in WvW, and that is that you almost always have a chance to win a fight even if you are outmanned. This isn’t even remotely true with PPT. PPT is a population/coverage game. It will never be fair until the devs fix it. Which I hope they do. Because of that, even a lot of PPT guilds resort to developing a better open field comp.

Then, once guilds become more frequent open field brawlers, then tend to start looking at GvG. To say that the GvG community is small in WvW is sorta laughable. It certainly has a significant place. For example, if you go to T2, most of what you see during primetime are guilds running around murdering each other.

in WvW

SkylightMoon.1980

to sum it up. Anet won’t support your game mode.. You can either keep QQ’ing over it or you can continue to do what you have been doing and find some joy in GvG’ing

Briggah please. No one does 25v25 GvGs and hasn’t for almost 2 years. You act as if you actually know somehting about the nature of GvG and its community, but you make statements like that it and completely proves the opposite. This is a pretty common mentality a lot of outsiders have to GvG. They act as if they completely understand it lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

They sold around 4 million copies of GW2 at launch I think. They should’ve had all these PvP game modes in the game from start. All those people could have supported multiple game modes. Now I’m not so sure.

There’s only a fraction of that number left because Anet doesn’t have enough people to support the game modes that would keep people playing. Sounds like a case of not investing properly in your product. And that’s NCSoft’s fault not Anet.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Im very doubtful of this. Ive played WvW in multiple dif tiers pretty consistently and id say its at least half and half. Some guilds GvG consistently while others rarely will.

There are really two types of guilds in WvW. People who do PPT and people who go for fights(usually end up being up for GvG’s as well). There is one important appeal of fights in WvW, and that is that you almost always have a chance to win a fight even if you are outmanned. This isn’t even remotely true with PPT. PPT is a population/coverage game. It will never be fair until the devs fix it. Which I hope they do. Because of that, even a lot of PPT guilds resort to developing a better open field comp.

Then, once guilds become more frequent open field brawlers, then tend to start looking at GvG. To say that the GvG community is small in WvW is sorta laughable. It certainly has a significant place. For example, if you go to T2, most of what you see during primetime are guilds running around murdering each other.

From what I’ve seen most GvG guilds move to Tier 2 to get into the tier that was considered the Fighting tier.. So out of 8 tiers in NA one Tier is considered the fighting tier. I don’t think there are many guilds if any that GvG in tier 8. I could be wrong but even if they do GvG down there it probably only happens one or two nights out of the week. I’m currently T5 and we had some GvG guilds in the past and they only did GvG one night out of the week. Several of them get cancelled cause it wasn’t their CORE group or someone else gets sick and calls off the GvG. I’ve seen more GvG get cancelled then I have every seen actually fighting it out in my tier..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

Briggah please. No one does 25v25 GvGs and hasn’t for almost 2 years. You act as if you actually know somehting about the nature of GvG and its community, but you make statements like that it and completely proves the opposite. This is a pretty common mentality a lot of outsiders have to GvG. They act as if they completely understand it lol.

PVP has a 10 vs 10 deathmatch map called courtyard. Guess 10vs10 isn’t enough right? Let me guess you want a 15vs15 game mode then?

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

so gvg is smallest population? so let me use example; so just because small people take bus and train to work; take it away from them? because they do not take car like other more people to work? so just because small people take bus and train to work; they have to be punish for not have car? If that were happen; what would happen to economy? what would happen to transportation? what would happen to financial market? so just because gvg is small population; take away privilege from them? so just because gvg is small population; take away choice from them? so just because gvg is small population; take way their value? If that is arena net model for Guild Wars 2, If that is arena net vision for Guild Wars 2; good luck.

(By the way… there is something call- small business).

LMAO, they aren’t “taking away your bus”. They just aren’t investing in a fleet of shiny new buses when only a small percentage of the population are riding it.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

PVP has a 10 vs 10 deathmatch map called courtyard. Guess 10vs10 isn’t enough right? Let me guess you want a 15vs15 game mode then?

Have you seen what a couple turret Engineers can do on that cramped mess of a map? Or any decent premade for that matter. Its barely passable for 5v5s and many do not enjoy the sPvP build restrictions.

Anyway, you’re probably not going to hear a lot of GvG requests anymore because after all the PvE focus , silence and general bullkittening the community, so many have gotten annoyed and left the game entirely. This also means less people raiding/zerg busting, since GvG guilds often emerge from and regularly participate in these activities. WvWvW is poorer for it.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Have you seen what a couple turret Engineers can do on that cramped mess of a map? Or any decent premade for that matter. Its barely passable for 5v5s and many do not enjoy the sPvP build restrictions.

Anyway, you’re probably not going to hear a lot of GvG requests anymore because after all the PvE focus , silence and general bullkittening the community, so many have gotten annoyed and left the game entirely. This also means less people raiding/zerg busting, since GvG guilds often emerge from and regularly participate in these activities. WvWvW is poorer for it.

I hear you, I stick to wvw cause I can mix and match my stats. Thing is people leave this game for many reason and most of those reason they blame on Anet not updating or from lack of updates.. GvG has been going on for a long time now without anet stepping in.. Why on earth would you even want anet to step in and do something about it? Especially when most put the blame on anet when parts of the game get no updates? They would probably make something that not all GvG players would agree on and then you have a whole new game mode to worry about, a whole new set of problems that new comers coming into this game mode will see, and a whole new section on the forums for people to complain when that game mode never gets any updates…

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

SkylightMoon.1980

No because its designed purpose wasn’t with gvg guilds in mind lol. It was to test out small scale deathmatch and failed miserably because putting random pugs into teams for deathmatch obviously would never work.

People do either 15’s or 20’s.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

I hear you, I stick to wvw cause I can mix and match my stats. Thing is people leave this game for many reason and most of those reason they blame on Anet not updating or from lack of updates.. GvG has been going on for a long time now without anet stepping in.. Why on earth would you even want anet to step in and do something about it? Especially when most put the blame on anet when parts of the game get no updates? They would probably make something that not all GvG players would agree on and then you have a whole new game mode to worry about, a whole new set of problems that new comers coming into this game mode will see, and a whole new section on the forums for people to complain when that game mode never gets any updates…

A mode dedicated to GvG would be a lot to ask, especially at this stage, but then again, Anet said there would be no expansions but here we are. Plus who else can be blamed other than the developer if a game isn’t receiving updates? Anyway, its impossible to please everyone, that’s a given, however, some issues seem pretty common.

• Variety – opponents are limited by the current matchup which brought in requests for megaserver tech to be used in OS or altered custom arenas or GW1 style guild halls, just something. It leads to guilds transferring around and ending up in certain tiers. Opponent variety is an issue for some players who don’t even GvG.
  • Map support/queue – some PPT focused players would complain about fight guilds “taking up space”. And some GvG teams get caught in queues. If Os is occupied then there are very few other choices. It creates friction.
  • sPvP not cutting it – team sizes and build restrictions aside (crafted that Ascended set? Too bad!), the maps are pretty small. And limits on spectators help to hamper it from being a big ingame community event, yet it still manages be intrusive (some guilds guard their builds).

I’m sure there are more but the result is Anet deciding to bullheadedly pursue 5v5 tournaments and I fear they’ve missed the boat on GvG.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

SkylightMoon.1980

A mode dedicated to GvG would be a lot to ask, especially at this stage, but then again, Anet said there would be no expansions but here we are. Plus who else can be blamed other than the developer if a game isn’t receiving updates? Anyway, its impossible to please everyone, that’s a given, however, some issues seem pretty common.

• Variety – opponents are limited by the current matchup which brought in requests for megaserver tech to be used in OS or altered custom arenas or GW1 style guild halls, just something. It leads to guilds transferring around and ending up in certain tiers. Opponent variety is an issue for some players who don’t even GvG.
  • Map support/queue – some PPT focused players would complain about fight guilds “taking up space”. And some GvG teams get caught in queues. If Os is occupied then there are very few other choices. It creates friction.
  • sPvP not cutting it – team sizes and build restrictions aside (crafted that Ascended set? Too bad!), the maps are pretty small. And limits on spectators help to hamper it from being a big ingame community event, yet it still manages be intrusive (some guilds guard their builds).

I’m sure there are more but the result is Anet deciding to bullheadedly pursue 5v5 tournaments and I fear they’ve missed the boat on GvG.

I think they should make the OS have a megaserver type system like EOTM does.