A change to the way Badges of Honor work?

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I don’t know if this has already been brought up and it’s not so much of a problem that it’s ‘gamebreaking’, but I was wondering if it were possible for ANet to move Badges of Honor, which currently take up inventory space as a physical item, to the tab where our laurels and karma are stored.

Though karma is character-bound, Badges of Honor, like laurels, are actually account-bound. Moving them to this tab would mean that:

1) Players would have more space in their bags (and possibly, their banks too) for other items, which might also help tremendously when they’re also picking up their lootbags.

2) Players would no longer have to go through the hassle of moving badges from one character to another via the bank.

Just a thought, since we all like having loads of uncluttered slots in our bags!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just buy more bag slots in the gem store!

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Usagi.4835

True… I didn’t consider that ANet might not do that because they still need to make money via the the Gem Store. But still, it’d be a fairly helpful QoL change for a lot of players.

in WvW

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

They would have to make a change to the recipe/s (is there anything other than Gift of Battle?) that need them.

in WvW

Usagi.4835

As far as I know, I don’t think badges are used for any recipes, besides being used to purchase Gift of Battle which is then thrown into the Mystic Toilet to make Gift of Mastery.

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Good idea, but then they’d have to do the same for all the dungeon tokens too.

Badges are the wvw equivalent of a dungeon token

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

You can use them for various things-like getting a pile of siege and donating it to your commander, getting armor and weapons, getting some ascended items (yeah, need laurels too). Or get even more piles of them and make some superior siege stuff and donate that.

If you think their only use is to make Gift of Battle then your not really a wvw player! (grins)

No need to hoard them and let them clutter up your bank or toons.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Mm, again, true but some people might be holding onto their badges so that they can buy exotic gear for their toons in the future.