A cool suggestion to add a little to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

I have a cool suggestion that I believe could improve at least 2 aspects of WvW, those being simple tower/keep defense, and the use of ballistas (which lets be honest, are the least used siege weapon).
Currently towers are left mostly abandoned after being capped because they can easily be rushed and manned so there is no reason to have a couple defenders stick around.
Ballistas are nice and have their uses, but they could be improved with my suggestion.

The suggestion is… airships.
WAIT. Just read.
These wouldn’t be massive raid carrying ships. They would be small 5 man ships with no weapons. They would move slowly and have to be build at a keep or tower. They would cost 4X the supply as a golem.

An airship will improve the defense aspect of WvW by forcing some actual defense of towers/keeps. An airship can fly over the walls and drop off people. They would move slow though, so even 2 or 3 people would be able to shoot it down before it is able to drop off it’s cargo. Ballistas would of course be able to target them and so their importance would grow as they would be the only siege weapon able to reliably hit them.

Take that idea further and add weapon based airships and we could get some air battles and stuff going. I think that would be cool, but it might not be for everyone. Anyway, that’s the idea.

TLDR: Airships to force more tower/keep defense and improve usefulness of ballistas

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Would a mesmer be able to portal from ground level onto the airship or vice versa?

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: ReSpect.7125

ReSpect.7125

I like this idea. Would be cool. You have already stated the nice things. But some problems:

400 supply is pretty much. But if running with a zerg you can carry that with 28 ppl if having +5sup. Then build it outside the double gate and get a mesmer or two on the wall and voila! everyone is in. Make it possible to take a fully upgraded keep in a few minuites

Zandra Zvift lvl 80 human elementalist
Good luck and may the six watch over you

in WvW

Posted by: drunkrussian.4079

drunkrussian.4079

Hmm what you could do is a new upgrade, where you cant hop maxed walls. And make them so slow then you would mostly use them for defense ( i was thinking building siege on it tbh.) and balista from the air with arrow carts and maybe 1 omega… easy defence

-MagPro
Yaks Bend (born and proud)

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Camps aren’t defended and flipped just as easily as towers. Should we have an airship or mega boat for that as well?

Sometimes towers are heavily contested, just depends on the server, the commanders, and the defenders, as well as how many are attacking. You need to prioritize your resources, and the south towers are usually sacrificed in order to make sure you keep northern objectives, as well as keeps.