Posted by: slimike.1693

slimike.1693

Seems like the solo roaming there would be awful? Unless your a thief of course

-Magswag

A glimpse into T1 roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

meh im in T1 EU and solo roaming is quite OK. It is by far not great.

best thing is to hook up with a friend, or two. If you are 2-3 then you’re not going to have such a hard time

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: WindRiderz.3961

WindRiderz.3961

yea we baddies

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Solo roaming is bad anywhere. The times you’re able to get a 1v1 fight are one in a dozen. Then other 11 are being ganked/jumped/driven off by small groups and/or the zergs.

And that one time 1v1 is when you trash a noob trying to get their achies quickly.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

yea we baddies

Attachments:

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in WvW

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Is thief or mesmer still best for roaming? Coming back after a long break.

in WvW

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

What is the best build for solo roaming as a thief?

in WvW

Posted by: Dthoj.4832

Dthoj.4832

Don’t mind my guildie, he is feeling salty that day. Anyways good fight SF, been awhile since we fight some good roamers. Hope to see you roaming more often

Ukamu ~ Warrior
[HMNG] Blackgate
Champion Legionnaire

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Is thief or mesmer still best for roaming? Coming back after a long break.

Solo roaming – thief
group roaming – thief or mesmer

TBH play what you like because in a video game, having fun is more important. That and beer. (psssttt..dont play an ele, huge mega nerfs incoming)

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

The changes aren’t going to be huge nerfs to ele.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Seems like the solo roaming there would be awful? Unless your a thief of course

Roaming is only “safe” if you’re with friends. And what I mean by “safe” is that you have a better chance of surviving due to numbers, especially if you’re familiar with each other.

Solo roaming is risky no matter what tier you’re in but in T1/, T1/ prime time especially, it’s extremely risky. As someone who’s very passionate about solo roaming, sometimes I rage and wonder why I even bother, other times I have so much fun I forget how much sleep I’m losing. The majority of the time solo roaming consists of running, running and more running or being blobbed/ganked. Still, you find some good fights and get some good stories out of it. I’d take being mauled to death by 5 PUGs over PvDing until the sun comes up any day. I do like to zerg from time to time, but there’s just so much more excitement in being alone where everything’s out to kill you.

No offence to OP, decent video, but I just don’t care for group roaming or zerging videos. It’s cool to win outnumbered fights and everything but it’s hard to tell what’s even going on as the viewer. And, as I’ve said, there’s a lot less risk involved in being in a group. Not that I expect everyone to be on par with Yishis, but solo roaming videos of someone winning 1v5’s are what are most fun and impressive to watch to me and what I aspire to achieve.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

More as the half of the roamers are thieves. They abilitys works excelently together in this d/p meta. Only 1 of them drop the smoke and both of them leap.
And its impossible to catch a thief if hes not totaly challanged.
Luckly most of them are just 15years old kidos whos want to be the assasin of the bloody hell and they keep spaming refuge, smokeleaps etc after they got a 6 sec of reveal.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Meh

The mesmer goes down too easy

in WvW

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

No offence to OP, decent video, but I just don’t care for group roaming or zerging videos. It’s cool to win outnumbered fights and everything but it’s hard to tell what’s even going on as the viewer. And, as I’ve said, there’s a lot less risk involved in being in a group. Not that I expect everyone to be on par with Yishis, but solo roaming videos of someone winning 1v5’s are what are most fun and impressive to watch to me and what I aspire to achieve.

Mesmer mechanic is somewhat harder compared Thief esp in Solo outnumbered fight. Well every class has + and -.

Meh

The mesmer goes down too easy

So does the Thief.

Sorry super late reply + Bump. Was on Holiday

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I see a lot of wasted dodges and odd skill chaining with that Mesmer. Her condi removal was pretty poor(big mistake in small man fights). I’ve accepted that Arcane Thievery is unreliable plus it has the long CD and depends on having a target. In the end, the Mes went down too easy, too often. My two cents.

Whispers with meat.