A little Professionalism goes a long way.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Why create a duplicate topic? Use the existing thread.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

no worries it will be merged fast enough .

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I actually cut the post in half as it was too long, probably still is…. went into other examples even spvp/tpvp. There is a long list and history showing a clear dislike of the players input coming from some Devs…. making choices out of spite, sure they have flimsy justifications but at its core the issue is ego and no respect for the players opinions.

Guess I seen too many good things fail or become more difficult then they had to be in my career when the sterotypical engineer/designer that listen to no input are left to run wild.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

doesn’t it work both ways? I’d say the devs are probably more deserving of respect than a lot of the whinny self serving posters that tend to inhibit forums such as these and it is not surprising after spending too long reading some of the over-reactionary end of the world my way or the highway types posts on these forums that we might end up with a few frustrated devs around. Just a thought and yeah that other thread is full of some great examples of why it is better not to visit game forums. Let’s all chill awhile around a campfire and make some s’mores or somethin instead.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Be more <<proffessional>> and <<infacting>> useless threads ?
Or fighting childish behavior with childish behavior ?
This is online forum ! If we cant stand it , we should play <<Hello kitty>> ! :PPP

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

doesn’t it work both ways? I’d say the devs are probably more deserving of respect than a lot of the whinny self serving posters that tend to inhibit forums such as these and it is not surprising after spending too long reading some of the over-reactionary end of the world my way or the highway types posts on these forums that we might end up with a few frustrated devs around. Just a thought and yeah that other thread is full of some great examples of why it is better not to visit game forums. Let’s all chill awhile around a campfire and make some s’mores or somethin instead.

The difference is that the devs get paid and the whinny posters pay them.
As for the myth that forum posters represent only the whinny game haters let me ask you this then. Go read the professional forums of mesmer and thief. Most of the post are not whine pot at all. People are helping each other out. Heck even on live event forum when Gauntlet was kitten ing off a LOT of players to no end. Even then there were no shortage of players praising the work Anet did. Now what makes people who post on WvW and Spvp forum so different where 99% of the posts are negative?

Maybe , just maybe that the reason is because spvp and wvw are broken not because for some magical reason only the game hater post here? Read these forums when gw2 launched, it was much more dev friendly back then.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Go read the professional forums of mesmer and thief. Most of the post are not whine pot at all. People are helping each other out. Heck even on live event forum when Gauntlet was kitten ing off a LOT of players to no end. Even then there were no shortage of players praising the work Anet did. Now what makes people who post on WvW and Spvp forum so different where 99% of the posts are negative?

1) The whine posts about thieves are all in the general forums. Search “stealth” and ye shall find.
2) A live event is likely watched by a lot of people who want first hand info about the game, upcoming changes, etc. People going to the forums…, are people who go to the forums…

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Xom.9264

Complaining, suggestions, whining, feedback; the same idea can be all of these things.

So how does a professional handle these situations? Do you mock the community? ignore the community? or perhaps listen? The last one is ideal the second is sometimes all you can do….. the first choice is the worst choice and usually the first one an unprofessional picks.

Anet Dev post,
http://i.imgur.com/BA20tY6.jpg

This post and many others especially on the bloodlust topic really show a breakdown in communication and respect for the players input.

Thinking that the people posting on the forums are not the majority of players is correct, most people don’t post on forums…. However automatically dismissing the majority of forums posters feedback without finding out if it’s a view shared by the majority of the WvW players is foolish.

Anet thought bloodlust was a good idea…. That’s fine, whats not fine is when all the players started saying why it was not a good idea devs totally ignored them and as time went on it turned to actively taunting and mocking the most die-hard fans of WvW (those of the GvG community)

If you chose to ignore player feedback that’s fine but have a logical reason that can be intelligently stated. All I have seen and so many others is constantly changing reasons and excuses when vague ones are even given. Being emotionally attached to the game you develop is a good thing; letting ego get in the way is a bad thing.

Give some wxp buff something that does not unbalance fights or get rid of the buff. The GvG community might come back and have fun again In case you don’t know GvG community is the hardcore WvW community and a massive driving force behind GW2 competitive end game play.

If you don’t see this now Anet all hope is lost.

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The other thread isn’t about Communicating and compromise.

It’s only about what was communicated. Worse than that, it was only an inevitable malignancy brought on by the main subject of this topic which has also been a recurring theme in ALL modes of the game, not just WvW. This same pattern keeps repeating itself in PvE, sPvP, and their wrongheaded attempts to balanced all 3 with only 1 set of changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

This was posted on Guru. This is an Anet developer, Chris Whiteside:

Chris Whiteside
ArenaNet Poster
Target Source

1. - 2013/09/28 12:36:55 PM (2013/09/28 08:36:55 UTC-4)

Hi All,

I wanted to comment about the incident that happened recently in-game, surrounding some negative community interaction from a member of the ArenaNet staff.

Simply put a big mistake was made by one of our employees, for which he is both very upset and sorry. He allowed his personal feelings to affect his interactions in-game whilst representing ArenaNet, and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Like all players, we are human, and all have our opinions on the game. However these opinions should never disrupt other player’s enjoyment of the things they love. On top of this we have worked very hard to create a community that is respectful to one another, and for this behavior to have occurred while a developer is representing ArenaNet is doubly saddening.

We all cherish the opportunity to play with the community, and we absolutely rely on you all for in game feedback, and personally I hope that this incident does not hamper what has so far been an amazing relationship and opportunity for us all.

I would therefore like to sincerely apologize for this behavior on behalf of our staff member. We are taking steps to address the incident and for his part, he is very sorry for behaving in the manner in which he did.

Regarding Guild game play, please understand it is extremely important to us, and an area we are paying a great deal of attention to, so please do be patient with the developers who work tirelessly on making WvW the very best it can be, they have a great deal of respect for you all, and value your collaboration in pushing this pioneering mode forward. Also please note this member of staff is not on the WvW team.

Finally, World vs. World is a free-for-all battle. Our expectation of staff is that they should be playing, and enjoying the game like everyone else, and not being disruptive or disrespectful to others.

And in this spirit I hope we can move forward, and continue, what has up to this point, been a great community/developer relationship. One that I know our team massively values and loves.

Thank you all for your time and i hope you have a lovely weekend,

ChrisW

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

There’s that “Guild Game play” again….

… I keep wondering what that actually means. I don’t think it’s code, but it sure feels like it everytime I see incredibly skilled smaller guilds getting pushed out by blobs of rifle/shout warriors, clone spam mesmers, MM necs, and even some LongbowBear rangers…

in WvW

Xom.9264

I don’t think anyone is claiming all of Anet is unprofessional.

This is more the issue of those vocal few that seem to have control over WvW development, its about taking massive player feedback in and listening to it. Bloodlust was a terrible case of not listening and not logical explaining the reasoning for it….there are posts full of counter dictions from the same dev on the topic, double speak.
Regarding the anet dev trolling that GvG it was unfortunate, but not the core issue just a symptom of a dev team that has unprofessional devs mixed in mocking customer feedback like it’s all a joke.

Yes I say he was trolling because for it not to be trolling he would have had to have no clue what was going on no idea about GvGs at the windmill….unlikely. He knew full well he made a choice to troll and now his coworkers need to cover him.

I feel for the actual professionals working hard in Anet I know how much damage rogue clowns can do and the effort it takes to get relationships with customers back to normal.

Talk wont work here, listening to feedback will, removing the hated bloodlust buff would be a start….. or explain logically why they numbers show it’s a huge successes and they plan to keep it, that would be interesting.

(edited by Xom.9264)

in WvW

Xom.9264

A mod deleted and infracted my thread starting post if anyone is wondering where the first post went.

I thought it was civil post, talked about listening to feedback and not letting ego get in the way of good design choices even went into personal experience as an engineer how important listening to operators/users is when designing/‘improving’ a system.

The theme is simple, listen to customers at least sometimes and not just the small minority that says things you wish to hear.

Above all else be professional.