A point system for WvW so its more of a Endgame

in WvW

Posted by: Bdsteelers.2567

Bdsteelers.2567

To the Devs or who ever Cares. I love WvW im a former Daoc player and one reason i stayed with it for ten years was the massive pvp style it had witch you guys brought to Gw2.. The only thing that bugs me yes its funny to kill people take keeps/towers but besides the mini buffs you get there is no benefit to doin WvW specially as a endgame scenario.. If i may i would like to add some ideas if you can i would like to see a glory system like spvp has you can make it where you dont earn these points till you are 80 or 60-80 or make it where certain lvl ranges can only go so high now this glory system doesnt need to be like spvp where it is only gear you could do like warhammer daoc ect and make it where you gain points in each glory rank that you can spend to better your own char like more vitallity ect.. or different skills maybe this would make it more of a end game that people will keep playing cause they will want to be max rank to make their own char better. now you dont have to make it where you get max rank it a month make it where it last for awhile or if that sounds dumb you can change it how you want it to be. But to me and many others I’ve talked to really want this in the game… reply if you like or ignore its ok im use to it =)

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

So, besides having fun, there’s no benefit?

Is having fun while playing a game for recreation and relaxation not enough?

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

sorry for my errors make it in a month is what i ment =) and the puncuation i msorry im no english student =)

in WvW

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

yes all they need to add is a small reward system in WvW and i will be happy with this game. that will keep people playing at level 80. this is why people played DAOC for 10 years because they were always improving there character.

A Gear reward system is a bad idea.

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

And to many people no thats not enough you can only do that for so long before you get bored with it cause you have no gain in it

in WvW

Pirhana.8935

@mcl a reward system does the same thing at level 80 that the basic system of leveing does for a character at level 1 + you always want to get better and get more skills and improve.

if we went by your idea we might as well all have level 1 characters that have everything already they could have………..

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

Thats why you make it where certain lvls can only go so high and when you’re lvl 80 you can finally hit max rank makes it where people will wanna be 80 not lvl 1 with just everything

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

oh haha mybad that was for mcl =)

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

And what happens when those lvl 80s hit max rank? Same problem, you just delayed it a bit.

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

Well with further expansions instead of raising lvl cap you raise the skill cap you can go like i said dont make it where it takes a month to hit max Rank daoc it took a good year of playing to hit max cap doesnt need to be that extreme but you get my point

in WvW

Posted by: TalkToTheAnimals.1427

TalkToTheAnimals.1427

Yup I agree. I think the WvW would be much better if it had an incentive.

Even though killing other players is fun but it leaves me very unsatisfied and as fun as it is I don’t see any reason to continue playing in WvW only for a quick fixin of pvp then leave. If there was some type of progression then I could definitely see playing this game for a while

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

Ty hope more do so they see they can add this

in WvW

Pirhana.8935

@mcl
well if they use the system they did in DAOC 99.9% of people would never hit that cap. as you progress it takes more and more kills to get a points, it gets to the point where it takes months just to get one. this works because you always FEEL like your working towards improving your character.
i thik in DAOC the cap was RR13 and after 9 years 1 person finally got that

on that scale i think only 50% of max level people hit RR5, 20% RR7, 5% RR8 and so on

(edited by Pirhana.8935)

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

Pirhana well put i think this would make the game better for WvW and will make people want to play this longer

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

If you read my thread please post!!

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

i would like to see a WvW trait line and skills progress similar to RR. Not stat increases or gear. Stat increase is similar progression to gear as it increases overall power, as this kind of progression tends to widen the gap between new players I dont think this is the road we want to go down. With traits and skills the progression is still there but it isnt as evident or overpowering giving more options to customize yourself toward WvW. I wouldnt be against costumes being exclusive to RRs as well in a similar fashion to glory ranks.

edit I definitely like the idea of a slow drawn out progression as mentioned where one rank could take months to achieve at the later ranks.

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

yeah but with skills and stats people would want to keep pvping the whole point to people playing these mmos it to better their character increasing stats is nothing like gear we all learned that gear makes it way over powered compaired to specing into stats look at daoc wasnt gear based but had the rr system to better you’re stats till toa toa made it gear based and allowed crappy players to be good and like wow. wow was totally gear based and cause unbalance but if you do rr points to increase stats or get new skills it wont make much of a difference sorry if this sounds confusing but think about it..

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

Please keep replying with ideas or to comment more the better then maybe they will add something!!

in WvW

Posted by: Kso.6458

Kso.6458

Really arenanet shouldve stolen as much as the rvr as they could have from daoc. Realm points… awesome, Sure after a games been out a bunch of years theres gonna be a gap between veterans and new players but thats life no? Its a role playing game, youre supposed to have character progression and whatnot. How about seeing who killed who, shouldve stolen the different ranks so you can see how badkitten (maybe) someone is in pvp. Even with the Realm ability progression in daoc it didnt cure suck, A bad rr 13 with fresh gear is still gonna get stomped by a good player who is lower realm rank. The disparities were never as bad as people made them out to be. Imo.

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

Exactly well put

in WvW

Posted by: King Hardcore.7065

King Hardcore.7065

A realm rank system would be glorious with titles and everything.

Also leaderboards so people can see who the “Heroes” are of their server.

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I don’t play WvW for rewards, I didn’t in DAoC nor Warhammer either.
I do it because I enjoy roaming with my guild and fighting players.

People also seem to forget that there were no Realm Abilities for the first period of time in DAoC either where people enjoyed taking keeps and relics and fighting each other.
They also seem to forget that similar abilities did very little to keep Warhammer interesting.

The rewards are very secondary and usually down the list of what makes games like this interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

yeah but with skills and stats people would want to keep pvping the whole point to people playing these mmos it to better their character increasing stats is nothing like gear we all learned that gear makes it way over powered compaired to specing into stats look at daoc wasnt gear based but had the rr system to better you’re stats till toa toa made it gear based and allowed crappy players to be good and like wow. wow was totally gear based and cause unbalance but if you do rr points to increase stats or get new skills it wont make much of a difference sorry if this sounds confusing but think about it..

If there was a new trait line that was only available at 80 and only progresses with WvW it could offer stat increases as well as major/minor traits tailored specifically to WvW. Just an idea.

in WvW

Bdsteelers.2567

keep them coming if anyone else wants to add more the better even if agree devs do read these so more the people who agree or disagree maybe they will get a good idea for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

I am closing this thread because it was reposted in another subforum some minutes ago and it contains exactly the same message.

I moved it to the subsection Suggestions, here.

Thanks.