A proposal for league format (video)

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

There’s already been tons of amazing ideas posted on how to make the upcoming WvW season a success. Rather than contribute yet another wall of text, I decided to compile my favorite suggestions from the community, add in a couple of my own thoughts, and package it into a video so that’s easier to sit through than a novel-length forum post. Besides, businesses seem to dig presentations. If that’s what it takes to get our voices heard, then so be it.

Here’s the result. Don’t worry… it’s a fairly short video.
http://youtu.be/qHcO6Xo8eJ8

in WvW

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

huge +1.

Not so much because of the system proposed (its still good) but because of “The chance to team up with rival players/guilds and make new friends.”

WvW is far too sterile in terms of inter-server communication, and this would help things a lot in my opinion.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

huge +1.

Not so much because of the system proposed (its still good) but because of “The chance to team up with rival players/guilds and make new friends.”

WvW is far too sterile in terms of inter-server communication, and this would help things a lot in my opinion.

Definitely one of the things I’d love most about it. I’ve made plenty of friends on other servers, but will never be able to team up with them without leaving everything else behind to transfer. At least under this type of system, you’d be able mingle, learn new strategies, and probably become a better player for it.

Since the off-season would be regular free-for-all matches like we have now to shake up the rankings, each season would have the potential for different allies.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

+1’d

Using the “team” system to pair servers is quite a good idea, and allows for guesting to be used without being easily abused.

The only thing I would do in the video is clarify how that would affect week-to-week matches.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Wow, this would be great, won’t happen for Season 1 because its to close to the start but it would be awesome if Devon took a look at this, I think even Devon would have a hard time making any arguments on how this would be a bad thing.

Here’s hoping it doesn’t get shuffled to the suggestion forum to die before a Dev Reply/Review.

We should try and keep it bumped as well so it can be seen by the team.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

EDIT:
I praise your effort, but regardless of how good the solution is, Arena Net will ignore it.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

+1’d

Using the “team” system to pair servers is quite a good idea, and allows for guesting to be used without being easily abused.

The only thing I would do in the video is clarify how that would affect week-to-week matches.

Basically, your server’s weekly matchup is less about winning and more about putting up as many points as possible for your team’s combined score. Obviously, the best way to do that is to win your match since that means you’ve outscored two opponents. But with the team system, you can still lose your matchup and win the week if your team earns enough points from its other matchups.

This makes it still very important to continue the fight if you are facing servers 4 or 5 ranks higher than you since every bit of scoring matters. Of course, you could always ask for assistance from an allied server that’s winning their matchup to even things out.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

As I said I like it, its nice to see the guesting used in an intelligent way. T1 is having a blow out week and are 100k+ ahead of their opponents they can look at the matches and say oh look GoM is getting their kitten handed to them, we can spare 100 people sitting in our Q to go turn things around.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

GoM is getting their kitten handed to them

Gate of Madness welcomes all kittens and encourages everyone to hand all the kittens to us. Handing us videos of kittens is sub optimal but will not be discouraged.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I was using your server as an example because it was axe posting, it wasn’t to suggest it happens.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I was using your server as an example because it was axe posting, it wasn’t to suggest it happens.

I know, I didn’t take offence or anything. I just want kittens.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

Great ideas in that video OP. Nice job.

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

What the …. did i just watch, no fire works or pew pew.. the horror

On a serious note, that’s a great idea, As much as i hate to admit it WvW is dieing in the lower tiers. Its not that its any less fun to play, its just the fact that there is a decrease in players, we are starting to see more and more players transfer away because they can’t find a fight.

If this continues for another year we will end up with A: full servers in gold league only or B: 1 super server per league. Either option is depressing.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah this could actually fix the issue. atm everyone is running away from servers to the top 3 servers of each league and this is destroying many servers. t1 servers have mass recruited guilds and destabilized other servers. if guesting was possible it could work like alliances between servers. maybe u shouldnt be able to guest to an server u are facing atm as a restriction.

atm a lot of people are most likely gonna take either a 7 week breack, are leaving the server or simply quit gw2 if anet doesnt act quick about this issue!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

What the …. did i just watch, no fire works or pew pew.. the horror

On a serious note, that’s a great idea, As much as i hate to admit it WvW is dieing in the lower tiers. Its not that its any less fun to play, its just the fact that there is a decrease in players, we are starting to see more and more players transfer away because they can’t find a fight.

If this continues for another year we will end up with A: full servers in gold league only or B: 1 super server per league. Either option is depressing.

Server stagnation is also a factor in why players jump ship, in addition to the desire to join a stacked server to win. That’s why I think guesting would be HUGE if implemented for WvW. If you start getting burnt out, you can guest into a fresh and different WvW experience without having to transfer off your home server.

I’d also be thrilled to see how strategies and tactics would evolve. Even in the lower tiers, we’ve already got cross-map communication and coordination. Imagine expanding that level of thinking to cross-matchup play. Green might decide to send some T2 guilds to bully the T6 matchup. In response, Blue might send some of their T3 guilds who are enjoying a healthy lead in their own matchup over to T2 to punish Green for over-extending. Meanwhile, Red might see that Green and Blue are busy with each other and instead send a ton of people over to queue all maps on T8 for some quick points. It’d be crazy and intense.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Great idea!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Waah! This is incredibly complicated. ;_;

I like it but it’s complicated, and I doubt they’ll do anything with it because of that.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I wouldn’t call it complicated, all green servers are essentially 1 team as is all blue, and all red. Combined points gives a total, you can guest within your color to help boost scores across the ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: IMAGE.1509

IMAGE.1509

make it so……

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Cool idea! I’m sure they’ll say its not technically possible but still cool idea.