A query about WvW

A query about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Something happened this morning which left me a little confused and I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could point out what I was missing……

Just for a bit of background – I started playing GW2 when it was released, however due to real life issues I stopped playing just after flame & frost started and restarted playing a few days before the megaserver release. I am primarily a PvE player and casual WvW.
Anyway I logged in while having breakfast this morning to see if there was anything I could do towards my daily. Seeing that Camp Capturing was on the list I decided to hop into WvW.
On my home borderland (We are currently green – I will keep this non server specific) I looked at the maps and saw that the Red Borderland was in fact entirely owned by blue, except for Bay which was green and decided that was my best option for camp raiding.
After borderhopping I went for the SW camp as it was nearest (the one just below bay) and found another green player already attacking it. We finished it off and then went for south camp. After south camp I thought I’d go for NW camp as we owned bay it made sense to me to keep it together.
On my way through bay I found that it was 500/500 supply so queued 2nd worker and walls. Arriving at the camp I found that red was just flipping it so I went back to SW camp, ordered double dollies and went back to bay where I sat while eating breakfast. By this time the 2nd worker had spawned and the walls were over 50% done
Knowing that NW camp timer would have run its course while I was eating I headed to the NW gate of bay outer with the intention of heading there. Just as I was reaching the gate the attack timer popped, so after a quick glance that it wasn’t that gate being attacked I ran back to the South outer gate via the NE gate and water. There was no sign of any enemy action. Just as I was thinking that it must have been a quick tag I realised that the keep lord was on 60% health and falling. Looking back at the inner from the south gate cliff I could see no damage on the southern or eastern sides. I jumped into the water swam up and went in the eastern inner entrance.
Inside were a group of five red players attacking the keep lord. I didn’t survive long. Four of the five were all from the same guild and being a Warrior, Ranger, Thief and Mesmer. I didn’t get a good look at the 5th player.

My question is: How did they get to the inner?

As far as I am aware, there are only two explanations:
1) The red Mesmer had been hidden in Bay inner ever since green took it and portalled the others in from outside the outer wall – I haven’t really practiced portalling with my mid-level Mesmer so I don’t know if you can go that far with a portal.
2) The red Mesmer was hidden in Bay outer ever since green took it, portalled the others in and then they rammed the nw inner gate without popping the timer until they had breached the gate.

Have I missed any viable options here? How viable is it that the Mesmer had been hidden there for that length of time? (All camps were blue when I came onto the map, no more than one normal dolly had reached Bay before I started the upgrades and it had 500 supplies when I did so.)

Have I misunderstood something? Am I just being an idiot?

A query about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

You can portal from Inner bay to outside the outer wall of worm gate.

Mag Server Leader

A query about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

both sides actually. You can port to inner bay from the south too.
If there was a thief with the mesmer hiding inside, then you could have had the thief perma-stealthing the both of them and then the mesmer portaling in friends.

A query about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Or they cheated. There is quite a bit of cheating going on in WvW, anyone who tells you different is an either lying, an Anet employee, a hacker themselves, or all 3.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

A query about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

Is comprehension of your assets, liabilities, opponent, and suituational position cheating? Hmm … guess we live in different wvwvw’s. But i guaranty mine has more giggles.

A query about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

I’ve seen thieves run up against the wall of towers and repeatedly stealth/leap into it, then kill the champ lord. I guess you could qualify that as “situational position”.

A query about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

well, at least we aren’t still talking about glicko. btw, Car got geico? Colision can be a definite risk in wvw.