A tribute to the fallen...

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

Linking has been disastrous for some servers, guilds, and players. If you know of any guilds or servers that have been hit hard by linking, post here so that they may be remembered and honoured in some small way.

The Forgers of Orr [TFoR] of Eredon Terrace

It is with great sadness that I acknowledge the death of a guild that had been around on Eredon Terrace since I was messing about on my boyfriend’s account, before I even had my own. TFoR, especially Ursa, made ET’s guild event nights a total blast. They were there to step up when many of the other major ET WvW guilds decided to transfer away, and they helped build a fun and exciting ET community that I was proud and very happy to be a part of. I am glad that I got to be a part of this server with TFoR and Ursa making WvW a total blast for me, because I am not a person naturally drawn to WvW. If it weren’t for them, and fortunately some of the nice ET WvW players still out there, I would never step foot in The Mists. They will be missed, along the ET event nights that they held. I’m truly, so very sorry that I couldn’t prevent TFoR’s demise at the hands of linking, even though I foresaw it and predicted it here on these very forums. Rest in peace, brave fighters for the community, The Forgers of Orr.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahoskova.7014

Ahoskova.7014

Pirate Knights [PK] of Eredon Terrace

While the guild is still alive and well they seems to completely given up on any form of WvW. I definitely have fond memories of my time with them, especially since they are the ones who got me started into doing WvW on a regular basis instead of once in whenever so very saddened to not have them around anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

TFoR (Best Monty Python voice) “Ahm not dead yet…”

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Depraved Ambience.7942

TFoR (Best Monty Python voice) “Ahm not dead yet…”

Oh, Dae, I know it’s not completely dead and the players are still around, but the environment we are in now certainly doesn’t let TFoR shine, doesn’t let TFoR do what it does best. Glad to see you guys still kicking though.

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I’ll just have to start pressing the guild to focus on some RAIDs muahahahah.

Something I would love to get into.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Sorry BG stacked your server, honestly.
I’m sure getting thrown into t1 like was a complete system shock after t8.

But it’s like ten bucks to transfer

in WvW

Depraved Ambience.7942

Sorry BG stacked your server, honestly.
I’m sure getting thrown into t1 like was a complete system shock after t8.

But it’s like ten bucks to transfer

It’s not even that. I don’t mind being linked with Blackgate or anything like that. I just wanted to acknowledge that linking did not occur without trauma to some guilds, servers, and players.

As for transfering, I am ET for life and will remain stubbornly so, and it seems that all tiers have essentially the same environment now anyways so transfering would do little to change the situation. Thanks for the suggestion though. (PS: I’m not giving ANet my money to avoid their Band-Aid.)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I always say my best times in this game were in wvw lower tiers, best fights and good times with small guilds. Sorry for the messed up state of the game OP.

Good for you not giving anet your money, they just don’t deserve it given their constant failures over the years.

in WvW

Posted by: Ariel.6291

Ariel.6291

The rumors of the death of TFoR are greatly exagerated. As is our non-particpation in WvW. Not happy with any of this, but hoping we will weather the storm and that ANET will either come to its senses or we can find other ways to enjoy the game.

BUT TFOR is alive and well and Ursa (um.. that’s me) is still here.

:)

in WvW

Depraved Ambience.7942

The rumors of the death of TFoR are greatly exagerated. As is our non-particpation in WvW. Not happy with any of this, but hoping we will weather the storm and that ANET will either come to its senses or we can find other ways to enjoy the game.

BUT TFOR is alive and well and Ursa (um.. that’s me) is still here.

:)

Hooray!