A way to deal with wvw trolls

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

For the 1000th time, can we please have a report option that matches the context of someone spamming rams in our garri on reset night to make sure we cannot upgrade, he’s been doing this for two years and still whenever i report him nothing gets done, because the report options we have are severely inadequate. I understand in game GMS have been doing something more about this recently but still ain’t seen you deal with the people who try to ruin wvw on Gunnars Hold.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You can report, and apparently there are 6 (or 7?) devs who monitor the reports. But:

1. How many are on at a single time?
  2. Considering the general impression amongst players is that nothing is being done about hackers, people are more apt to see hackers everywhere (whether they are or not) .. this leads to more reports that the devs have to handle.
  3. Apparently a dev must witness the act in person and live.
  4. Do they even consider such trolling a punishable offense?

I’d say add the guy to your friends list and you can monitor him (and as a bonus, see if he ever gets banned).

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

I got him on blocklist for nearly 1.5 year now, whenever he comes to wvw, he has tag on so you can’t miss him. He’s there mose days and will build rams, queue wrong things to drain our keeps, disrupt organasation and such.

I am well aware the devs are now working hard to deal with this sort of behaviour but having a report that we could use, such as “Greifing Wvw” would be easier to bring it to the attention of the devs.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Trolls exist in every MMO, these days. Its a style of play and you just have to live with it for the most part. I personally hate trolls, I block them and follow them through my block tab so I can avoid them.

Spamming useless siege isn’t a big deal. Opponent servers, will at times, spam rams up top if they think the opposition is trying to siege AC while they’re trying to take it. I’ve seen an entire wall spammed with ram sieges to prevent us from building AC’s up top.

Though, queue upgrades for the sake of draining supplies seems a little spy-ish and sabotage-y. That kind of play should be banned, or something. Its as bad as when an enemy guild gets a guild member on your server to move all 16 golems out of your spawn so they can destroy them. When mega servers rolled out, server loyalty ceased being a thing, in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

How about introducing a justice system in WvW. Players can target other players and report them (there could be several options, as for what to report the guy). When that player was reported several times, he will be tagged as criminal. There should be certain requirements for that:

• high number of different players reporting the suspect (to avoid exploitation of the system)
  • reports can only be done by players from the same server
  • reports must be from different times (or even days?)

Other players can join a justice force. Let’s call it inquisition (yes, I know, very original^^). There are requirements to be in the inquisition, such as not being tagged as criminal yourself.

The Inquisition works like a guild. Meaning, you must join the inquisition guild and show tag. That allows you to have a notification, when a criminal player is on the map and you can go to hunt this person (alone or with party). They won’t see where he is, but might as well work together with the server to find the criminal. Once he was found the inquisition can initiate combat, making that player hostile to the inquisition to defeat him. Once defeated he will be trapped in some kind of prison (in WvW only) for the remainder of the match.

This won’t give any reward to the inquisition. But on a board at spawn you can see which inquisition player killed which criminal. You might want to reward him yourself, being now free of the troll or report the inquisition member yourself, if you suspect foul play and system abuse.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I bet Gaile or a random moderator will come here and tell us how to report them. Something “we” have done countless of times on that way. Yet this guy and others are still around doing the same over and over.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

read the terms of service. they can do whatever they want aslong as they dont manipulate the client. those guys will never get banned so put them on your ignore list and dont give them any attention, thats all they want.

@ChoBo spamming useless siege as in building 20 rams in our keep. not just dropping blueprints.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015