A window of neutrality in WvW for mapping.

in WvW

Posted by: Zabroccoli.5870

Zabroccoli.5870

If the OP wants this just for the Legendary, then he doesn’t deserve it. The whole journey, leading up to acquiring one, is to prove that you have MASTERED all facets of the game. Thus the Gift of Mastery. This thread leaves me speechless. Just, speechless.

80 Elementalist – Codex Day – Incinerator
80 Mesmer – Liara Tree Soni – Eternity
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

If the OP wants this just for the Legendary, then he doesn’t deserve it. The whole journey, leading up to acquiring one, is to prove that you have MASTERED all facets of the game. Thus the Gift of Mastery. This thread leaves me speechless. Just, speechless.

Can we require PvP rank 30 to buy Icy Runestones then please? After all, you want people to have proven they’ve “MASTERED all facets of the game” right?

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in WvW

Zabroccoli.5870

I don’t want anything. The Dev’s said a long time ago that this is how they wanted it to be. I can’t quote it directly (flame me if you want) but I remember seeing them say that to obtain a Legendary weapon the player had to prove that they could excel in every area of the game. To me that includes the Wv3 environment. (Although, I don’t know why the maps in sPvP weren’t included as well)

It’s been said on here that if you want to grab the map completion just PM a commander and request it. More often than not if you ask they will try their kitten off to help you out. At least I would when I used to command. The more PvE’rs that show up to Wv3 the better the experience should be for everyone involved.

I fear that I am steering this thread off topic though. I apologize.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

I remember seeing them say that to obtain a Legendary weapon the player had to prove that they could excel in every area of the game. To me that includes the Wv3 environment. (Although, I don’t know why the maps in sPvP weren’t included as well)

The fact that PvP is not included, along with the finished product being tradable, destroy any legitimacy in the argument that legendary weapons are supposed to be proof of excellence mastery participation in every area.

People are irked that WvW map completion requires them to depend on luck, as well as the participation of a large number of people on the server. Even increasing the cost of the Gift of Battle to 2500 badges (even at 500 this covers the requirement of including WvW that you/the devs listed) or raising the minimum WvW rank to buy it to 50 would not draw nearly the amount of complaints, since they are things a player does not need to depend on the rest of the server for.

The PvE equivalent would be dungeons being closed except for 3 random one-hour blocks every week.

Full disclosure: I have WvW completion done on 6 characters. 3 of them were done back in the day of free transfers by moving to a 550+ppt server. The other 3 were done more recently when my current server dropped a tier and became a 550+ppt server for the week.

I suspect the experiences of most in this thread are similar to mine, rather than some supposed anti-entitlement blood, sweat, and tears.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

(edited by Dave.2536)

in WvW

Zabroccoli.5870

I see your logic here. I finished my Wv3 completion when the game first launched and I do see, now in the current state of things, how difficult it could be to attain full map completion for Wv3. Especially for someone not on a busy or high ranked server. I do not, however, like the idea of just making it a free zone to aimlessly wander through and collect POI’s and vistas. If they could implement a better way to cycle the colors then I could see this problem being less of an issue.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Upon thinking about this further, a neutral time period before reset might not be a bad idea. IF (keyword) it allowed WvW players time on map to get ready AND ensure reset took place PROMPTLY ON TIME.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

How to get map completion

1. Open at http://www.gw2score.com
  2. Select your Server
  3. Go to the server statistics page
  4. Scroll down to the Tick graph
  5. Select hourly average and
  6. see at which time of the day your server has the highest tick
  7. Plan to be in WvW next day at that time for 1-2h earlier till 1 hour later
  8. Join your zerg (in TS) and PvD all the maps

Should work on nearly every server that is not totally lost in it’s current WvW match

E.g. if you are on Elona like me http://www.gw2score.com/server/Elona-Reach shows that we tick highest from 5am till 9am be there and complete WvW map completion.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!