AC Exploit

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

People would just use the zoom hack and still have an unfair advantage anyway, which is probably why they gave us the FOV change.

I have difficulty grasping why everyone so blindly implies this is why FoV changes came to the game.

The had been at least 3 threads every week between PvE, WvW, and PvP forums subsection requesting and demanded expanded field of view for a multitude of reasons. To declare this as the reasoning strikes me as fairly comical to claim.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

what exploit ? if it is available to everyone, and even available in the “setting”, it’s not an exploit…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s cheap though.

Thankfully there are ways to counter it and make those using it cry, lol.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

what exploit ? if it is available to everyone, and even available in the “setting”, it’s not an exploit…

Cheat they cod not fix so they added it so everyone can cheat.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I agree with much of what you said here, but the new camera view can’t be blamed on the player when it was a dynamic granted by development.

By the same token it doesn’t make sense that attacks can hit behind walls and destroy AC or hit enemy players behind walls when a rangers barrage can’t even fire down on the enemy when they are on the edge of the wall exposed and in view of the enemy.

/salute from anvil rock btw

I agree to an extent but I just wish the WvW community would collectively agree not to use this crap. There is nothing that frustrates me more than hopping on an AC or treb or what ever else I’m trying to use to defend something only to immediately get pelted by an arrowcart from outside which then proceeds to chase me around everywhere I go. Like I understand that it’s frustrating when you attack something that’s well sieged and it sucks to have your zerg get wiped by a bunch of AC’s but as I’d said in another comment in this thread the attacking zerg almost always has the advantage of time. Just build catas or trebs or something instead of dropping cheese AC’s.

Ugh, I could rant about it all day, lol.

And /salute to you as well. I like to be trolly in WvW but it’s all in good fun.. I won’t use unfair advantages so you can expect to never see me building cheese AC’s.

That’s what I love about Dark Haven.
Most of you that I have encountered on the BF are very honorable:). /respect.

And your not alone in your rants. Lets just hope that the up coming changes to the game puts wvw back on track.

again /salute and cya on the BF

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

I don’t have an opinion on this tbh but I am sure of one thing (after years on this forum).
if Anet hasn’t fixed it, that’s how they want it. Pure and simple. Just like when they added traps. Not saying it’s good or bad. Just that it’s how it is and you would be silly to not take advantage of it (then again i want golems to be deleted so I guess….).

But hey. the new edge of the mist desert borderland maps will fix everything! Yay! Kotaku article about how Anet listens to players! : D

#sarcasm

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Zachary Stiers

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

Next

An upcoming patch will contain changes to how line of sight is calculate for arrow carts. Some of the arrow cart skills ignored line of sight and the rest were too forgiving with their line of sight calculations. Both of these issues allowed players with modified cameras to shoot an arrow cart from behind walls to locations they shouldn’t have even been able to see, much less fire at. In the future arrow cart skills will use a special type of line of sight checking specifically designed to reduce this problem while still making the allowed target areas feel reasonable.

Real Life Hero

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Oh, that’s a very very good news !

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Oh, that’s a very very good news !

Oh hon, re-read.

from behind walls to locations they shouldn’t have even been able to see, much less fire at.

Just hope he means both ways. Cos if they are limiting from behind walls only .. well, lol. (Behind implies being inside a structure, not outside).

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

An upcoming patch will contain changes to how line of sight is calculate for arrow carts. Some of the arrow cart skills ignored line of sight and the rest were too forgiving with their line of sight calculations. Both of these issues allowed players with modified cameras to shoot an arrow cart from behind walls to locations they shouldn’t have even been able to see, much less fire at. In the future arrow cart skills will use a special type of line of sight checking specifically designed to reduce this problem while still making the allowed target areas feel reasonable.

Thank you for looking into and putting together a fix for this. The abuse was going on for way to long.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Thanks for taking the time to post, hopefully the fix is as good as it sounds.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Hopefully the upcoming patch will be sooner rather than later, although it’s only been three years of zoom hacking so another month or two at this stage doesn’t seem so bad.

Thanks for dropping by and letting us know – I’m guessing the change has been written as a result of something discovered on the new BL in testing where line of sight became an issue, and was then assigned someone to fix it. The alternative is it took 3 years of forums being ignored (I’m told you read them all…) and it’s only just got to the top of the ‘bugs to be fixed’ list.

Let’s hope the fix fixes things in the way it is intended- of course, if there was a test server, this could be discovered before it goes live and some enterprising chap discovers some new exploit.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you… I cannot tell you how happy this makes me.

I can live with bugs and wonky mechanics but not one’s like this. I’ll be so happy to see it changed I’d have a hard time putting it in to words.

So just thank you again.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

Well this only took about a year and half to fix… good job…?

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

I hope that they don’t change it too much, such that higher ground doesn’t provide line of sight anymore. I think it won’t happen, but they should check for AC line of sight in the cliffs of the new borderlands just in case

Anvil Rockers Unite!

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

What about Dragon’s Tooth? That ability ignores line of sight, people use it to eliminate all siege inside using zoom hacks, and people have been doing this for years.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

OMG [Kill] just got nerfed dont know how they plan to take structures now that they cant map blob and also build arrowcarts to zoomhack

(edited by Rasudido.6734)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

Thank you so much for this, such a annoying problem glad it’s fixed.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Some people will complain about everything. Can’t wait to hear you back in here when they nerf ele. Then you’ll be saying ANET moved too quickly.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

isnt that the way an arrowcart should work? you fire into the air to hit targets you cannot see ( like a mortar or an artillery ) ?
wouldnt it be better to modify rams that they are invul to arrowcarts and provide protection while staying unter their leather/wood plank roof?

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

AC Exploit

in WvW

Sich.7103

What about Dragon’s Tooth? That ability ignores line of sight, people use it to eliminate all siege inside using zoom hacks, and people have been doing this for years.

Good question, Dragon Tooth allow elem to destroy siege without LOS… They just have to target the siege when they see it, and then come close to the wall and cast the spell… Without any los…
I even see this to shoot treb on the other side of the wall !

isnt that the way an arrowcart should work? you fire into the air to hit targets you cannot see ( like a mortar or an artillery ) ?
wouldnt it be better to modify rams that they are invul to arrowcarts and provide protection while staying unter their leather/wood plank roof?

ok, but then make the ac’s like other siege, you have to adjust your shoot yourself, no target to help you aiming…
And make that the arrow hit the wall and can’t be fired close to it. Actually the arrow can go through the wall…

(edited by Sich.7103)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

ok, but then make the ac’s like other siege, you have to adjust your shoot yourself, no target to help you aiming…
And make that the arrow hit the wall and can’t be fired close to it. Actually the arrow can go through the wall…

deal!

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

AC Exploit

in WvW

Sich.7103

not a problem for me, at least with this good player who are trained to use AC can do good job. And new player will have more difficulty. Maybe this will reduce the ac drop on open field.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

On the other hand, you should balance the arrow cart cap or at least damage. In a tower, there is no way to attack if there will be 6 arrowcarts and with yours you cant even hit them. Most servers usually bunker inside upgraded structures with full blobs, that made even with ac max POV and camera height hard to take them due to constant pressure on the attacker arrowcarts.

Now if server X builds 8 arrowcarts covering the same area, there will be no way for attackers not even to get near gates or walls or whatever since the pressure is ridiculous (in my opinion, arrowcarts should deal less damage than they actually do).

Maybe reduce the arrowcart cap (leave it in a way you can use only 4-5 per “area” to cover) or its damage. If you want to try this by yourself, come any kitten matchup in EU and you will see what the ac’s are, then you can balance with your assumptions.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Jay.7546

Jay.7546

Right now FA is being spawncamped in EB by YB with two trebs. They have our keep waypointed and lead by 200k. IF we take our keep back before the 70 man blob returns we will see golems, acs on corners of keep and we will not be able to get anywhere near the melting gate/wall. And there will be acs and the like in front of our spawn to prevent us from returning to the fight. It’s what happens in WvW now. Tier 2 tactics.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

deal!

Sounds fair for attackers and defenders. But it is has to be still possible to clear defense sieges from the wall. Why not let the tremors from the rams and cata’s make damage to defense sieges in a range around 1200-2000?

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

(edited by Menaki.6329)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Jay.7546

Jay.7546

How about only letting acs reach with a line of site thing and not behind and into a tower or keep. It’s hard enough to battle blobs like YB but to have your siege relegated to meaningless then what’s the point. Make a Q where all servers have the exact same amount of people in it at any one time. Or drop populations based on score to create Qs for those blobbing and spawncamping while 200k ahead and 70 man blobs 24/7

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

@Menaki because you can clear that siege with balistas, catapults and trebuchets. Why you need to add something to rams that will make them OP?

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Don’t speak too soon. It’s not fixed yet. “Upcoming patch” … who knows when that’s going to be? Anet’s got no currency left with me: I’ll believe it when I see it.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

Could we get a fix, or at least recognition of the invuln siege spots?https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Siege-in-Invulnerable-Spots-in-WvWvW

Zoren – BG – GoF

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

An upcoming patch will contain changes to how line of sight is calculate for arrow carts.

was about time…

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

Could we get a fix, or at least recognition of the invuln siege spots?https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Siege-in-Invulnerable-Spots-in-WvWvW

I’d seriously like to stop seeing trebs on top of massive towers like the garri vista spot for sure. There’s no counter for that, period.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

good but it also need to be on Ele skills and some other that can shoot longer then they have distance and hit were they can not see (if they dont zoom but there character can sill not see).

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

It does work both ways though. Beware that this fix could easily turn into a buff for attackers and a nerf for defenders.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: ToffiKeks.6385

ToffiKeks.6385

Please fix this too

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Please fix this too

+1

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Selufein.8307

Selufein.8307

Nice, hope the fix will be for both in and out of walls.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Sich.7103

If you can’t approch ennemy tower because there is too much ac’s… Just attack with cata or treb…. It’s so difficult ? You only know how to use ram ? The other siege are to difficult ? It’s not only spam 2 ?
kitten , it’s so easy to counter massive ac’s without cheating, just take your time and attack at long distance… And if this give the time to the ennemy blob to kill you, then you have to increase your fighting ability…

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If you can’t approch ennemy tower because there is too much ac’s… Just attack with cata or treb…. It’s so difficult ? You only know how to use ram ? The other siege are to difficult ? It’s not only spam 2 ?
kitten , it’s so easy to counter massive ac’s without cheating, just take your time and attack at long distance… And if this give the time to the ennemy blob to kill you, then you have to increase your fighting ability…

That is exactly what the defenders of this cheesy ac “tactic” lacking. Thinking further then their nose length.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

While you’re at it, reduce radius of Meteor Shower and add line of sight check to Dragon’s Tooth

Siege should only be destroyed with siege (Omega Golems).

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

With new borderlands, defending a point with 5 people should be more manageable, so yeah, good job on fixing ACs.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Nice. I always found really annoying how people could just target you from a place way too safe. There has to be some counterplay for all siege machines.

Hm… I’m guessing that ‘line of sight’ will be an arc so it can go over battlements.

I’ll be nice if other projectiles like bows and guns were also able to fire without having to stand on the battlements.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

That’s wonderful news, and its always nice to see a red name in the wvw forum.

However that is only part of the problem. Players can still hit siege without having a true LOS with ground targeting specials, or attack the “underside” of a bridge/walkway that siege is sitting on and still be able to destroy it.

If those issues are not addressed as well then defending just became much more difficult.

On the same note I would much prefer seeing engineers having an expanded role in being able to take out siege and gates. I do not have a engineer avatar, but it just makes sense that the class would be specialized for such a thing in wvw. And rangers should be able to use barrage when defending from the top of a wall. In fact they are easier to kill than an arrow cart LOL.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jayne.9251

This so called ‘hack’ made the game more interesting for also the smaller and weaker servers.

We actually saw the opposite. The stronger server with the 80-blob would drop an ac and use the FoV angle to wipe all inner siege, so they could face-mow the gate down without any resistance from the 6 defenders inside.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

We actually saw the opposite. The stronger server with the 80-blob would drop an ac and use the FoV angle to wipe all inner siege, so they could face-mow the gate down without any resistance from the 6 defenders inside.

But using that requires more time and at the same time if they are just ramming we normally use something called an treb from inside… So it really depends on that part how capable your defenders are.
With how it was we would be easily able to defend against that.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jayne.9251

But using that requires more time and at the same time if they are just ramming we normally use something called an treb from inside… So it really depends on that part how capable your defenders are.
With how it was we would be easily able to defend against that.

If they are wiping all your siege INSIDE your keep before hitting the gate, then you have no treb dear to counter with.

Trust me, I know siege. And yes, we found other spots.

But initially they were wiping all of, say, inner garri (all along the inner rampart wall), the entire courtyard inside, from OUTSIDE west gate.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Sich.7103

treb who is destroyed very fast with the ennemy ac’s just outside the wall….
And generally they will not build ram before the treb is down.
To kill ac use treb or cata…. I don’t understand why blob need to place stupid ac outside the wall…. It’s stupid to being able to fire with the ac from the outside… I hope this patch will be out soon.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It’s why I’m concerned about the Dev’s wording. He used the word “behind” .. which makes me wonder if the fix will be both ways (if so, hooray!) or just one-way — defensively. Meaning that the outside attacker AC placement will still work.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

I then dont know how you build your siege, but it sounds like you guys are failing very hard in it.
We never had that issue before with our opponents that they could destroy it that easily.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I then dont know how you build your siege, but it sounds like you guys are failing very hard in it.
We never had that issue before with our opponents that they could destroy it that easily.

This may help you dear:

Garrison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DT4wV8k-w
Hill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqNW-WyQ_s
Bay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weP_ulvdC08
SW-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGJMPCmcwk
SE-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C0cxZwJlv0
NW-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XmwQIiSKnM
NE-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q-xh-u4TEQ

Could be you just haven’t encountered people using it this way.

We have.