AC destruction hitting DH

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This has to be a bug… hitting a DH with an AC shouldn’t set the AC on fire. Makes defending against a stronger force near impossible.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yep it’s the Guardian Rune and Amplified Wrath Combined that causes the interaction

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Oh you’re constantly sitting on an AC despite burning? Somehow I dont feel bad for you.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

AC killer guards are wonderful things.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Do not forget nerco can do it too now with frost aura : )

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

This seems like an unintended consequence of making conditions affect siege. Since Retaliation doesn’t hit them anymore, this will likely be patched in the future.

Of course, there’s no way to know for sure if it’s a bug or not unless Anet says something. Hopefully they fix it or speak up before people get too used to having it around.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

This seems like an unintended consequence of making conditions affect siege. Since Retaliation doesn’t hit them anymore, this will likely be patched in the future.

Of course, there’s no way to know for sure if it’s a bug or not unless Anet says something. Hopefully they fix it or speak up before people get too used to having it around.

It won’t let you solo a raid boss so I wouldn’t hold my breath expecting it to be changed anytime soon.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Oh you’re constantly sitting on an AC despite burning? Somehow I dont feel bad for you.

I guess 50 players building a half dozen rams to take down a gate against half their numbers with no line of defense is a good thing.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

I guess 50 players building a half dozen rams to take down a gate against half their numbers…

Actually it is fine, one of the reasons WvW has died off is because they listened to people who lack basic logic and cried about needing tools to defend against superior numbers, so they added siege like shield gens, buffed AC damage, fortified everything, put in trash mechanics like chilling fog, etc.

And all that achieved was more people leaving the game in the post-HoT collapse of WvW, because if 10 guys can use that crap against 50, then so can 50 defending against 50 attackers and make attempting to take objectives boring as hell, to the point most people do not want to do it anymore, but like I said that was the obvious outcome to anyone with a basic grasp of logic, the actual solution to defending against 50 players with 25 was to address population balance, but that involved too much work.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Anet will patch this. They love their siege humpers. Ac’s and mortars are already aids enough.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I guess 50 players building a half dozen rams to take down a gate against half their numbers…

Actually it is fine, one of the reasons WvW has died off is because they listened to people who lack basic logic and cried about needing tools to defend against superior numbers, so they added siege like shield gens, buffed AC damage, fortified everything, put in trash mechanics like chilling fog, etc.

And all that achieved was more people leaving the game in the post-HoT collapse of WvW, because if 10 guys can use that crap against 50, then so can 50 defending against 50 attackers and make attempting to take objectives boring as hell, to the point most people do not want to do it anymore, but like I said that was the obvious outcome to anyone with a basic grasp of logic, the actual solution to defending against 50 players with 25 was to address population balance, but that involved too much work.

They didn’t add these things because people complained. They added them because the developers’ conception for WvW is a game based around the taking and defending of structures by the implementation and use of siege machinery. That’s what WvW is.

Very hard to look at the way the game mode has been handled over the entire life of the game and make a case for it being intended to be anything other than that, much though many players would like it to be something else.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

They didn’t add these things because people complained. They added them because the developers’ conception for WvW is a game based around the taking and defending of structures by the implementation and use of siege machinery. That’s what WvW is.

Very hard to look at the way the game mode has been handled over the entire life of the game and make a case for it being intended to be anything other than that, much though many players would like it to be something else.

Most of the developers that conceived WvW do not even work for the company anymore, let alone work on WvW, and the conception was “massive battles”, now maybe “massive battles” meant 8 players on siege the rest standing around doing very little, then going on a resupply run and repeating that until you either eventually get in and maybe get a fight or die of boredom, but I doubt it.

And “massive battles” (much more frequently in keeps/garri than now) is what happened for the first 3 years where changes to siege/defense were relatively minor (and in fact some changes like the increased radius on siege attacks from WvW ranks basically showed a disregard for maps designed for the original siege ranges).

Then HoT happened…

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Which is what happened for the first 3 years where changes to siege/defense were relatively minor

Ironic in regards to the topic, siege changes where minor except for arrowcarts which first saw a nerf due to community demand and shortly after they boosted AC damage instead by like 100% which has stuck with us despite complaints every kittening day.

Edit: for fun I dug up Anets balance patch to ACs… “minor” yeah

Increased arrow-cart damage:
Increased Fire damage by 80%.
Increased Fire Crippling Arrows damage by 17%.
Increased Fire Barbed Arrows damage by 60% and increased the Bleed duration to 15^^seconds.

(Same patch also added extra mastery damage – the above is in addition to that)

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Which is what happened for the first 3 years where changes to siege/defense were relatively minor

Ironic in regards to the topic, siege changes where minor except for arrowcarts which first saw a nerf due to community demand and shortly after they boosted AC damage instead by like 100% which has stuck with us despite complaints every kittening day.

Edit: for fun I dug up Anets balance patch to ACs… “minor” yeah

Increased arrow-cart damage:
Increased Fire damage by 80%.
Increased Fire Crippling Arrows damage by 17%.
Increased Fire Barbed Arrows damage by 60% and increased the Bleed duration to 15^^seconds.

(Same patch also added extra mastery damage – the above is in addition to that)

The range of ac’s was also increased, nerfed in a later patch. Cata’s weren’t safe even on max range lol.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Well something needs to counter YB.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

nah people complained for it….

he was right tho, people wanted tools to use when 10 was vs 50, but it ended up being 50 people using those tools against the 10. So those small 10 man guilds quit the game.

WvW used to be about being in a WvW guild with guild raids to help the server, even PvE guilds had daily/weekly WvW raids and you would witness a 50 man guild raiding a map for an hour or 2 while the dedicated WvW guilds of 10-15 would hunt them. Everyone used their skill bar, not the ac’s and siege. (although siege wasn’t even on the trading post at that time, you had to earn your siege and make choices on when to build it because badges were scarce)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Yeah, it’s a build that’s been around. I played with it in EOTM a couple times. It’s hilarious. I even think a version of the build was on Metabattle. Or could still be. It’s trolly, yea, but so are using ACs, Mortars and other siege on players then. It’s actually a good tactic. Burn should work on siege. IMO not a problem. But then should siege be able to have resistance? Idk, it’s something to talk about though. If siege didn’t hurt players, maybe I’d think differently about the tactic?

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

Buua buaaa my arrow cart is broken, what can i do know!!??

Where meteor shower can not hit, the burn masoquist guardian can reach

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

you can always just give your arrow cart resistance

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

that build is great and damage for AC is absurd.

ACs damage should be nerfed to the underground. Where Dante ended up if possible.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Now I want someone to post a video of an AC melting to an enemy guardian heavy zerg.
kitten got lit up.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Shield gens are actually more offensive than defensive. EWP and Invuln created more fights by giving players a chance to respond. The supply tactic is solid. Chilling Fog nor Air Defense stops a superior force and rarely even slows them down. At best they give an advantage in even numbers for a minute or so. They gutted SMC stealth. All the banners are now meh. Of course all the tactics are often trolled in such a way that makes them completely pointless.

Basically none of what you are talking about had a substantial effect on the attack methods of a superior force with the exception of shield gens which as noted made it EASIER.

Back to the topic on hand, there is little counter siege against rams except ACs. Using a trait that auto-magically destroys ACs (but no other siege) is a poor design.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Shield gens are actually more offensive than defensive. EWP and Invuln created more fights by giving players a chance to respond. The supply tactic is solid. Chilling Fog nor Air Defense stops a superior force and rarely even slows them down. At best they give an advantage in even numbers for a minute or so. They gutted SMC stealth. All the banners are now meh. Of course all the tactics are often trolled in such a way that makes them completely pointless.

Basically none of what you are talking about had a substantial effect on the attack methods of a superior force with the exception of shield gens which as noted made it EASIER.

Back to the topic on hand, there is little counter siege against rams except ACs. Using a trait that auto-magically destroys ACs (but no other siege) is a poor design.

All of those would be fine if you could only use them in outnumbered situations. As it stands now it’s just made it more effective to form 1 giant blob and have 3 or 4 people spread out to pull tactivators to delay any small group that attacks.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN