AG vs RoF vs GH 7/12/2012

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

This week promises to be tough on Gunnars Hold, not only will we face up-and-coming Ring of Fire but we will also be facing former server mates on Aurora Glade: KISS

KISS, the largest guild in Guild Wars 2, has decided to join our opponents, Aurora Glade to give Gunnars Hold a good kicking.

Considering that Aurora Glade was already quite capable of outscoring us last time that shouldnt present our former allies with any difficulty. According to KISS they want to punish Gunnars Hold for trolling them.

Ironically, many of us on Gunnars disaproved of the trolls. One of those trolls contacted me to brag about ‘getting KISS to move’ and wished Gunnars Hold ‘good luck getting stomped’ He said he wouldnt be there because he would also be on Aurora Glade, trolling KISS. He would keep doing that since it was obviously working.

Good luck this week, have fun fighting. Those who are left on Gunnars will continue the fight. Ring of Fire, welcome to this Tier, looking forward to meeting you, Aurora Glade welcome back, looking forward to meeting you again as well.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

We might not fight you yet It’s real tight between AG and Drakkar for tier 6. Although that gap just widened, was 200 between us last i looked. Now over 1000.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Nidhogg.2950

I heard that KISS already moved to you so that should help prevent falling down a Tier, possible we will see Drakkar again then.

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

If we do fight again, I hope you can maintain as good a presence as last we met. Really enjoyed it vs GH, just a shame about your night crew. Some KISS have moved I’ve noticed yes, but very evidently not in full force just yet. Think they’re completing the transfer tonight at reset.

I really hope this week doesn’t end up being a walk over because of it though, I welcome KISS and they’ll help tier 6 fights a lot though.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Gahn.8150

Gahn.8150

If we do fight again, I hope you can maintain as good a presence as last we met. Really enjoyed it vs GH, just a shame about your night crew. Some KISS have moved I’ve noticed yes, but very evidently not in full force just yet. Think they’re completing the transfer tonight at reset.

I really hope this week doesn’t end up being a walk over because of it though, I welcome KISS and they’ll help tier 6 fights a lot though.

It’ll be another walk in the park points wise, it won’t be fights wise tho rest assured

Gahn Lonewolf [TDA]
Norn Guardian
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

From looking at the ratings I imagine UW will jump back up again next week anyway, RoF moved up 3 ranks in 1 jump after beating both of there opponents which gives you a huge rating boost while this week UW and GH were only 20k seperate so the ratings pretty much stayed the same

We will see

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Hold on to those words Phoenix.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Looking forward to a challenging week. And when I come home from work, I’ll play GW2.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: cbabd.8053

cbabd.8053

From looking at the ratings I imagine UW will jump back up again next week anyway, RoF moved up 3 ranks in 1 jump after beating both of there opponents which gives you a huge rating boost while this week UW and GH were only 20k seperate so the ratings pretty much stayed the same

Worth noting that Ring of Fire gets a huge +131 ranking point boost only because they were ranked significantly behind WR and yet still beat them handsomely. UW will start off 75 ranking points ahead of RoS, so even a large victory is unlikely to net them a huge boost. For comparison, DL started this week 73 ranking points ahead of GH and their large 120,000 point victory margin only gives them a +38 ranking point boost.

[Gunnar’s Hold] [RPS]
Saphnabylni | Alyquia | Hrafn Halldorsson | Roshanai Abbasi | Aghrama Steamfur

in WvW

Posted by: Toxikthrash.2704

Toxikthrash.2704

What way can we destroy Gunnars Hold and make ourselves look good? I know lets go to the highest population server or the three and Gunnars Hold will not stand a chance! we will show them how much of an impact we had whilst we were there and make them regret trolling us.

Any respect i had for KISS has flown out of the window, Looking forward to getting hopelessly outnumbered again in the week, and KISS claiming glory off it. See ya on the killing fields.

Oh and welcome to the party RoF

Dishammer – Human Guardian of [CHvc]

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I don’t know about this thing between Gunnar’s Hold and the KISS guild, but as an Aurora Glade player I hope for an even match-up next week. Last time our server had a numbers edge, this time it promises to be possibly even bigger if a big guild has moved on from the server. Can’t enjoy those situations having been on the receiving end.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

It wasnt just one person, but if you really want to blame a guild blame Black Fury, they totally refused to work with KISS at all. WvW is all about working together, and when they clearly didnt want to what else do you expect, we lose. Loved how they jumped in at the the end when KISS and other cooperative guilds are about to take a keep and then claim sole credit for it.

But let’s face it GH isnt a good server to be on. I’ve not done much PvE in the last couple of weeks, but some player shave said the higher level areas such as the Cursed Shore have been completely contested with hardly anyone there to help clear the map.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Good luck to Gunnars and AG.

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

Nice shot on Longview KISS Almost got it! but you wiped

Add Hills to that too!

(edited by Toxikthrash.2704)

in WvW

Nidhogg.2950

KISS and LoE on our Borderlands, RoF in the lead

Most of AG taken by RoF

gogo RoF! you can do it!

in WvW

Posted by: I S U P E R S I N I.4761

I S U P E R S I N I.4761

Good to see u Nid, Was nice to talk to you in game.
We would like u to know, “NO HARD FEELINGS” you put on a good show in woodhaven and hills.. with deffence. But on the field it was nuts! Good fighting from KISS, LoE MyTH against gunnars hold as a server. I am happy you managed to rally the forces against us. It shows gunnars could have potential.

Essentially, on a good note kiss moving does everyone a favour. “no trolling”
Give Ziggy black my regards.
Keep up the good work.

[KISS]~~Aurora Glade~~

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Firstly RoF are pretty much fave for this match. was known before hand that was likely to happen.

And thanks for the fun gunnars. Personally I wasnt interested in keeps but that was a laugh at Longview. Was in stitches at all the dead bodies from both sides as I eventually wander off alive when everyone else was dead (was on my thief for world completion which is now done so she is retired again). It was the open field fights I enjoyed out of all that.

LoE players mainly lasted 20minutes as we never have reset presence since our main late nighters have inet/heatlh issues currently. But I have stayed about at vale camp, semi afk at the invunrablity hill. Been funny how many people are insistant on trying to kill someone waving at them
Ran out for a couple 1vs2 or 1vs1 however it led to lots more turning up so ran back. Hard for a naked player to kill that many you know

Glad to see so many on the GH boarders, usual expected parties and at the cost of all others as normal (other than eb but i dont count that as it self serving). But I said all along, even with the GH bitterness, I got nothing against the players left on the server however there simply not enough to guard GH and go out to other boardlands. Keep up the good work, sure there be many more enjoyable fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I know, I was waving and KISS members on AG still shot me down.

So when they were attacking Cliff I took control of an arrow cart and spammed it :P Think I got my own back on 4/5 people :P

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Lol nice one
TBH this rivalry is giving me some enjoyment again

in WvW

I S U P E R S I N I.4761

omg, some people putting a bounty on me against our own members lol. cheers! no more bacon for you!

[KISS]~~Aurora Glade~~

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

What a great evening of WvW, has been brilliant seeing all the faces I used to fight alongside all painted in the same matt red.
Been a pleasure fighting you this evening and it truly has injected a new lease of life into WvW for me. Hope it’s done the same for many others on GH and AG.

Good luck Gunnars, I think we may both need a little against RoF this week, that’s a very strong start and they seem to have jumped up the ranks somewhat. A little bird told me a load of tier1 guilds had moved to RoF…

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: MonkeyBullet.8715

MonkeyBullet.8715

Greetings from Ring of Fire. No, we havent really increased in numbers but we came up with a pretty nice strategy that gave us a good start. ICON (the biggest WvW guild on ROF) recently suffered a big loss of members who wished to start their own WvW guild called NP. Its not nessesarily a bad thing though as both guilds are still in good relations and working together alongside other guilds such as XIII, PI, TaG, NL, BOSS etc. NP, ICON and XIII are probably the guilds you’ll see most often.oi

Great fights, ICON and XIII held AG’s bay for a while and pushed out 3? zergs at the keep lord whilst NP and PI and randoms took over EB. Sadly you eventually finished us off.

Enjoying the matchup so far, keep it interesting!

Hawkeii – Guild Leader + Commander of I C O N I C [ICON]
Once a Roffy, always a Roffy

in WvW

Posted by: JimFord.4163

JimFord.4163

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Been looking forward to this match-up all week. I’m surprised how well we have done so far as usually we suffer with numbers, its just last week we started to get people from the guilds in RoF onto WvW more, which really helped the cause!

This is gonna be a good week, everything seems fairly balanced atm as we just got pushed out of lowlands for the 2nd time!

ICON and NP do still have good relations and are working well together, but to stop this rumour before it begins, we haven’t had any new guilds jump to our server, we were expecting some WS guilds to jump over, but that never happened.

Anyway, keep it up everyone, its gonna be close i hope!

Lord Fordy – RoF
[NP] – Night Pact
DPS Ranger Mentor

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

From the outset it seems that this will be very competitive all the way. RoF came after us hard in our borderlands and captured nearly everything. We eventually regained all of it back though.

Aurora Glade has had a history of starting slow though, not to give excuses. I just hope it won’t come down to numbers.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in WvW

Nidhogg.2950

Very nice fighting for, Ring Of Fire proved themselves very capable as they immediatly took and held the lead in points gain which they only lost when they went to sleep.

KISS, dont pretend your moving was meant as a ‘wake up call’ to Gunnars, or that this is a ‘balanced’ match up, you were on Gunnars the previous time when Aurora Glade easily outdistanced us in points. You know you will beat Gunnars.

Still, Gunnars had a lot of fun fighting KISS/LoE and talking to the LoE commander who was just relaxing on our lands, he was left in peace.

Only drawback were trolls singing KISS praises on our lands, saying they wanted to be a part of KISS but when told they were free to go they said they couldnt leave Gunnars since it was their true home.

In fairness, KISS denies knowing about these trolls so perhaps their echoing KISS statement from a few days ago is merely coincidence.

Keep up the good fights, well done to all the people in Gunnars who teamed up to keep fighting. Some very nice defenses and attacks.

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Had a really nice reset, had fun fighting at AG borderlands and working alongside RoF’s other guilds. Glad to see RoF still united under the same banner.
EDIT: Just noticed the score, looks like we’re the victims of having a server that sleeps again.

(edited by Krosan.2890)

in WvW

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Welcome back GH, hope y’all sort your issues out.
Greetings RoF, nice jump, now you will see a real fight
AG, our only danger is getting complacent, we still need our fighters on the battlefield.

Pretty much a one horse race this week though. Its over before it begins. AG back to Tier 6 at end of the week. Still, doesnt mean we cant be noble in battle.
Play fair, fight bravely, die with honour (and that means NO ALTf4 )

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

in WvW

Posted by: SCHwat.7391

SCHwat.7391

That’s the dynamic of WvW.
Some weeks ago we fought against AG, GH and KISS from WR.
Now we fight besides KISS for AG enemies becomes allies, allies becomes enemies … like a real war.
Have a good fight ladies and gents, and GH guys watch your bay we really like that place.

Wariance [VAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I hope I see a real fight from AG, not sneak zerg attacks starting at 5am GMT. I was 1 of the 5 defenders of SM and I have to say, after destroying your catas twice, your ram, racking up several kills and so on… I am not impressed.

in WvW

Posted by: Fus Ro Charr.2403

Fus Ro Charr.2403

I hope I see a real fight from AG, not sneak zerg attacks starting at 5am GMT. I was 1 of the 5 defenders of SM and I have to say, after destroying your catas twice, your ram, racking up several kills and so on… I am not impressed.

What do you expect us to do? Headbut the reinforced gates on a fully fortified SM while you obliterate us with cannons and seige? Even if you do outnumber the defenders it is still very hard to take SM when it is upgraded as was proved by a couple of our attacks on the inner gate failing before we finaly broke in.

Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

enemies becomes allies, allies becomes enemies … like a real war.

Only traitors and spies are ‘enemies who become allies’ in a real war, if you compare a server to a country, or only those who would sell their own mother if it meant cutting their own losses, if you compare a server to an alliance – you might want to watch your similes.

Great reaction time from AG in their EB keep last night – we got in, we killed the lord, but got trolled with AG repairing the gate and destroying our golems quickly. It was our mistake, though – we should have poured in asap and fight the lord inside rather than allowing him to get out, and then stomp the outnumbered AG defenders. Oh well, you learn something new every day – hats off for how you executed us there.

Also thanks to RoF for hard clashes at Ogrewatch all the time, you kept pouring and stopped only after getting beaten for the nth time, and rerolled to AG leaving us at peace at 3am. This is also where i learned proper countertrebbing and seen where to put a treb at the ogre NPC camp You were really close to breach Ogrewatch, if not for our quick reaction and running supplies like our pants were on fire you’d taken it for sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

Hopefully there is alot of good fights to come and I look forward to the rest of the week to see how things go.

I also like to welcome KISS to our humble home on AG, I don’t know if this a temporary move or a permanent one. Hopefully it is permanent as at AG we always welcome the influx of any players/guilds to our server and it is even better when its a good guild like you are.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Looks like Aurora Glade will just win over the night, we don’t have the numbers to properly counter their zerg awell at the moment.

in WvW

drkn.3429

It might be time to actually put the devs’ idea of ‘two weaker servers ganging up together to beat the strongest one’ into use ~whistle~

in WvW

Posted by: Jupitus.4352

Jupitus.4352

Well I got online … errr… some time after reset (I think) and was blottoed after too many birthday drinks but even through the saze, headache and additional ‘medicinal’ beers I saw some great work from GH defending our BL and hopefully freeing up some others for EB shenanigans.

I don’t nor will subscribe to name-calling and other nonsense. What’s done is done and we’ll continue, heads held high and fighting to the last!

Always outnumbered, never outgunned!

(Rarely sober)

x

[MM]Jessopia – Soft and Very Squishy – Part of Gunnars Hold Community
www.gunnars-hold.eu

in WvW

Nidhogg.2950

It might be time to actually put the devs’ idea of ‘two weaker servers ganging up together to beat the strongest one’ into use ~whistle~

So who should Aurora Glade team up with? Ring of Fire or us?

When there were fighters in the field, Ring of Fire led in points and points per tick, followed by Gunnars Hold. When we go to sleep, they come out to cap.

We will not play the points game this week Aurora, its how you win in WvW sure, but we will be going for fights rather then points. Im not saying you dont know what fights are cause RoF and GH showed you last night before we went to bed.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

I for one ain’t happy about the guilds moveing from gh to ag. When you claim to be a wvw guild toget any respect on the field you got to stick it out through the good and bad.. AG have been working really hard this last few months to gain respect for each other and then work hard as a server to gain them points. We used to be proud of our numbers and guilds in wvwvw. Now we have all these guilds flooding in from other servers and zerging the maps.. First time I have see trolling on maps in weeks yesterday. No honer in the fights, just felt like a different server. So I thank all the AG people who think they speak for the whole server when recruiting guilds from other servers. Lets just get everyone we fight an respect to join us… I think if anyone joins us then leave them to make there own choice and not premote it. Oh and why not wait one more week before leavening to give a nice fight gh vs ag??

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief

in WvW

Posted by: JustT.7465

JustT.7465

Hats off to RoF last night in our BG, some good fights which really stopped us in our tracks.

JustTz
[FURY]

in WvW

Posted by: Anesco.8310

Anesco.8310

It is really surprising to see what people thinks about us Gunnar Holder.
We are definitely fewer players. Nevertheless, we often successfully defend ourselves even though we are outnumbered.
How can you be proud of a victory when the opponent plays with a lot less players.
Yesterday at 03:00 clock we have a small group of 10 men that resisted for a long time even though the opponents were 20 men +!
That may be fine for small masses. But not to primetime when the enemy has effectively 3x more players.
The truth is, many server above us wins ONLY because they have more players. Once the opponent has the same number of players, and the opponent is coordinated, they lose!
The mass make the difference!

I still want to thank all of you who fought so bravely in the last month. This despite the enemy numerically often looked unbeatable. Gunnar’s Hold will now probably go under completely, or the server will be complete only PvE oriented.
All surviving I hope you’ll still enjoy the game and have fun.

Yes have fun. Should that not be the reason why we all play? Oh yes there was something … ^^

in WvW

drkn.3429

When there were fighters in the field, Ring of Fire led in points and points per tick, followed by Gunnars Hold. When we go to sleep, they come out to cap.

Perhaps this is why those outmanned GH and RoF at odd hours should be fighting AG, and AG only? After all, devs continuously pointed at the option to band up together against the strongest server – whatever ‘strongest’ means at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Thanks for nice battles during the day today! Was fun, even when we had the outmanned buff on RoF and GH borderland. I must say I myself dont enjoy being the that outmann people. If we look to the past AG got outmanned a lot vs GH and we still beat you guys. So I wouldn’t say we only win due to number, because we have proven that before Keep this post clean

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Valdel.7325

Valdel.7325

’ If we look to the past AG got outmanned a lot vs GH and we still beat you guys. So I wouldn’t say we only win due to number, because we have proven that before Keep this post clean’. Kibrer/Unity/AG

How long ago was this and it is certainly not true now. You invited Guilds to join you from GH, that is a fact and their differing reasons for leaving are well documented if not totally believed.

Either way it is irrelevent now and I know Unity from playing within your ranks in War and you are a competent group of players with very good tactical leadership ( Skly ).
Perhaps those battle skills show up more when in a game where rendering, culling and numbers do not give such an advantage.

You know you won’t get any respect from us for the way you boasted in the last matchup and for actively encouraging Guilds to leave GH ( protestations inc here perhaps, but this did play a part in their thinking, as perhaps if they had thought it through more, they would have chosen a server that does have full coverage ).
As it is you will zerg your way to a points win, but we know and you ( possibly Skly too ) know that no matter the portal training and posturing, you seem to be not quite good enough for anywhere but here. Perhaps this may change if you tap up some RoF Guilds this matchup.

We know our fate is at hand every week and still pile into endless red. You however in comparison reach back for old stats to justify what exactly? That you too know how we feel? Unity? strange times indeed.
Good news is that I still love Blade and Quill.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

Valdel

TDA/KF
GH

in WvW

kribre.9683

The first time we outmanned you guys was for two weeks ago, before that you guys always had more numbers than us. But enough of this, I want to have a nice week and get to know our new friends on AG. Cya on the battlefield

Tripilios

in WvW

Posted by: luxor.3168

luxor.3168

The first time we outmanned you guys was for two weeks ago, before that you guys always had more numbers than us. But enough of this, I want to have a nice week and get to know our new friends on AG. Cya on the battlefield

Wait to call them friends, i mean KISS, they’ll leave you as soon as they understand you dont win enough for their standards, trust me.

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

To many enemies atm, can’t stop….. WHINE!!! :P

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Nidhogg.2950

Thanks for nice battles during the day today! Was fun, even when we had the outmanned buff on RoF and GH borderland. I must say I myself dont enjoy being the that outmann people. If we look to the past AG got outmanned a lot vs GH and we still beat you guys. So I wouldn’t say we only win due to number, because we have proven that before Keep this post clean

If you dont like outmanning people, come to Gunnars Hold for the week and fight Aurora Glade, its ok. Moving to an opposing server actually helps your own, thats what KISS has been telling us ever since they left.

You dont have to say you win only due to numbers, cause indeed, you have proven that before already.

AG you will win, you recruited a load of our people that you didnt need against us who now try to tell us ‘its for our own good’. We will fight you, you will fight us. You have quality people as well as quantity but dont try to paint this match up as ‘equal’ or ‘balanced’, youll win and move up and THATS where you will need these new fighters and where claiming to be in a balanced Tier actually makes sense.

For our part, we will just keep killing you&get lootbags.

in WvW

kribre.9683

I’m not comming to GH, I’m staying at AG. Next week when we go a rank up, we will probably be outmanned. And I like the AG community

Tripilios

in WvW

I S U P E R S I N I.4761

I wish people would stop moaning and play for fun, KISS did not join AG, to just out number gunnars hold or “as Nid said:” claim a win over gunnars hold. We play for fun and competition. I see Aurora Glade, a top tier server long term with good guilds like UNTY FURY Holy KISS LoE Myth and more, It should be encouraged not trolled.

Please stop the banter and have a good week of war, do the flaming on the field.
Good luck to Aurora Glade, Ring of Fire and Gunnar;s Hold.

Regards.

[KISS]~~Aurora Glade~~

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

I’m not comming to GH, I’m staying at AG. Next week when we go a rank up, we will probably be outmanned. And I like the AG community

He was joking, KISS left us to Prove a point or something and “Help us”

in WvW

Krosan.2890

GH and AG have a weird way of fighting out feuds since you both seem to prefer targetting our borderlands. GH decided to snipe bay while we were fighting AG then basically gave the keep to AG…