ALL builds must change middle of WvW Tourney?

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Q:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/traits-unleashed-forty-new-traits-and-more/?session_key=095BA8D1-C19C-456C-A3C7-9589853EDB5D

I know there’s a thread talking about something related to this, but not about this particular problem. Would be much, MUCH better if we could get all the balance and build changes out of the way BEFORE the next WvW Season/Tournament starts. PLEASE.

P.S. – I’m also holding out hope that this is just Roy C pulling a “Commando-Style” April Fool’s joke on us (such as http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Commando from a few years ago)

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

So much for we don’t want to change anyhting in middle of season… They just wanted to buy time for 3-4 months of not doing anything for wvw..

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

…………………………….
How does this matter in WvW? And ANY changes in the stale Hammer Train meta is a good change, even if it is in the middle of a “Season” where coverage matters, not what the people in the blob are running.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

This matters a lot in WvW, releasing something what is not tested in the middle of competitive event is going to be a disaster. Enjoy all the leaving players Anet.

(edited by Neftex.7594)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

meh so what

well be fine

its not like theyre merging servers in the middle of it, thats the kind of change that would actually make the tourney questionable

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

meh so what

well be fine

its not like theyre merging servers in the middle of it, thats the kind of change that would actually make the tourney questionable

It’s going to take them a week just to iron out all the bugs. Gonna suck if people end up having to WvW without traits one night because the reset system glitched out and wouldn’t let folks reallocate points after a reset.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Good. Give the innovative players a chance to shine, rather than letting cookie-cutter masses have all the say. I’d rather this than have to wait for the end of the Tournament, which I couldn’t care all that much about anyways.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

This matters a lot in WvW, releasing something what is not tested in the middle of competitive event is going to be a disaster. Enjoy all the leaving players Anet.

>WvW
>Competitive event.

You serious now?

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

>WvW
>Competitive event.

You serious now?

lol no kidding.

I harp on Anet at times, but it doesn’t matter what they do, these forums are going to complain about it.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Good. Give the innovative players a chance to shine, rather than letting cookie-cutter masses have all the say. I’d rather this than have to wait for the end of the Tournament, which I couldn’t care all that much about anyways.

I don’t understand what you think is going to happen ? There will still be cookie cutter spec’s, they may use a different trait set but don’t fool yourself there will always be dominant spec’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I don’t understand what you think is going to happen ? There will still be cookie cutter spec’s, they may use a different trait set but don’t fool yourself there will always be dominant spec’s.

Me thinks you don’t understand the timeline between an innovative spec and a cookie cutter spec

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

Whats going to happen instead:
1) Bugged traits
2) OP traits

Instead of this, they should fix already existing bugs (I hope thats something that the feature pack will mainly include)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Me thinks you don’t understand the timeline between an innovative spec and a cookie cutter spec

Oh I understand the difference, I even applaud those that don’t use cookie cutter but adding new traits doesn’t mean all of a sudden cookie cutters will go away and everyone will be running unique special snowflake builds.

in WvW

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Frankly it’s quite silly to put forward a significant feature patch halfway through a large interserver competitive event. Planning is completely off the mark.

Instead you create an artificial vacuum having ended the LW story and making PvP irrelevant, leaving players with not much to do for 2 weeks before the tournament. Feature patch should have happened on March 18th so that we’d have time to get accustomed. Glory should have been removed on April 15th (or even March 28th) so as to draw PvPers into WvW instead of just leaving them with nothing to do.

Further, as has been stated, traits is just the tip of it, and some other things like, for example, class overhauls (ranger anyone?) could also happen come the 15th. That is not something you’d like to happen to you while you’re standing there fending off blobs of invaders. Not cool.

(edited by iFruit.6190)

in WvW

Posted by: crochip.2389

crochip.2389

Really not seeing how new builds can affect coverage and zerg sizes, which is what wins these matchups.
Even now you have alot of upleveled players or players with terrible builds, and you think that because the minority with the “optimal” builds will now have to change their builds, it will affect results of matchups? Not even in the slightest.

Maaarrrr | Piken Square | Second Law [Scnd]

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Noone for realy cares of that tournament)

They can immplement anything mid season, zombie blobs still running builds 1 year old) gvgrs will change fast enough, and if some meta will change everyone will be only happy.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

(edited by Hvaran.6327)

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Anet will never change the WvW meta, this balance is more fore sPvP/Pve imo.

And who cares anyway ? The season is won by the most stacked server.

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

competitive event.

wat.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If it doesn’t affect population/coverage distribution, it won’t affect the outcome of the tournament.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Any OP trait bugs that arise I will take full advantage of.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

So much for we don’t want to change anyhting in middle of season… They just wanted to buy time for 3-4 months of not doing anything for wvw..

No puppies Sherlock!

I would never have guessed that especially when even after the season ended they said please wait until after 31st Dec.
Then come January 2014 they say they’re not releasing anything so they can finish this LS story, but there’s gonna be a big (PvE) patch after!
But good news is that the no-go lake area has been replaced by a no-go sPvP area in the middle of all the BLs. And we finally are able to kick offline players from our parties! Job well done for 20 months of hard work by the WvW team…..

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

No puppies Sherlock!

I would never have guessed that especially when even after the season ended they said please wait until after 31st Dec.
Then come January 2014 they say they’re not releasing anything so they can finish this LS story, but there’s gonna be a big (PvE) patch after!
But good news is that the no-go lake area has been replaced by a no-go sPvP area in the middle of all the BLs. And we finally are able to kick offline players from our parties! Job well done for 20 months of hard work by the WvW team…..

wvw team?

let’s say they have overall 10 guys, then
1 for wvw
5 for spvp
4 for pve

That’s the whole story. They still think that people are more exited watching spvp tournaments then gvgs))

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

I’d just like to say that new traits sound like a ton of fun, regardless of when they’re introduced

The only real concern to me is that of game balance, not when the traits are first added. But regardless, even if some of them are OP, they’ll at least offer new ways to play your favorite class

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

in WvW

Posted by: fedecane.6259

fedecane.6259

noooooooooo!! no more 14/14/14/14/14 OP build !!!!

Someone must have seen, someone must have spoken!

in WvW

Posted by: Zutha.5091

Zutha.5091

Please don’t tempt them to delay the balancing for another couple of months.

It’s poor as it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Holy….stop overreacting already.According to you people the right time for a patch would be,never.

in WvW

Posted by: Zutha.5091

Zutha.5091

I’d just like to add that balancing will not effect zergs.

The only factors in zerging wvw is:

a) Numbers
b) Movement

Profession balance means kitten all

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Lets not moan at a patch coming out during a 9 week long tournament…new patches are good whenever they come out…

I think it will be good to shake things up, a joker if you will a third the way in…

I hated the fact that they originally said no changes during a WvW tournament that was just a excuse to not bother developing anything for WvW.

So lets not moan about this…

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

My problem is not about all builds having to change in the middle of the tournament… It’s all the problems that might arise with major updates, like not being able to go on a map, disconnects on map change, increased lag/latency, balancing/lineup issues (like one side greatly outnumbering the others, while the others are all in the line to get on the map)… Hopefully, none will happen, but since almost all major updates had repercussions on WvW…

I think it was with EoTM, we finally had access to the maps at like 5:30AM Fr time, and it looked like a reset… We weren’t even 5 online, while foes were 15+ on each map… and all the teleports/rollback we had the following week? not so funny to cap something and be sent to spawn with the structure back in foes’ hands…

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The flaw in this argument is the words “competitive event”. Seasons are about as competitive as the Olympics. Sure some battles are competitive but rarely is someone surprised by the medal counts for countries.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I think it sounds like a pretty awesome adventure if you ask me. We’re all facing the same obstacle. It’s not like “Server A” is going to have their traits reset while “Server B” gets to keep all of theirs. This will affect everyone equally.

Think of it like the Thunderdome. It’s all one big fist fight. Then half-way through, they lower the chainsaws and things REALLY get interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Why not the changes? WvW is a marathon, it’s not a sprint. Sometimes it rains and you gotta keep goin.

Over 9 weeks all sorts of things will happen and your server gotta keep it together.

Gate of Madness