Suggestion about downstate

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Remove downstate for a certain period of time then hold a poll to ask the community wether or not we want it to remain. Or Just do it in desert border or eotm for testing.
Alternatly make it so rezes can be made while in combat also for testing.
I ve seen more and more people asking for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Or how about we dont remove everything that makes GW2 just GW2 and instead actually focus on fixing major balance issues like condition output of certain builds, healing output of certain builds, stealth stacking and possibly even scoring issues if we are feeling ambitious?

in WvW

Posted by: cobbah.3102

cobbah.3102

A few thoughts lets take out the taps on tower and keeps the WP doesnt get blocked if a single person kills guards which will be made higher level , only if actual siege is placed and contacts the walls or doors should it be blocked therefore making it more even ,and as for players throwing damage on walls and seige the only damage should be to the person manning it or circle of damage made smaller range ,this nonsense of condi being thrown all over walls and seige only caters to the meta builds and T1 blobs ,PVD is a joke cannot recall in history of too many guys beating on a fortified wall with swords causing so much damage ,condition damage needs to be nerfed somewhat to make the game more skillful (for those that have skill which I do not ) and lessen the stealth on the chars that have it give them more armour or hp , lets make WvW something that is actually competitive and balanced ,for the time we spend there give us some reward bring back the season competitions we had before , PVP gets pandered to for the few lets think of the many for a change and make WvW a more enjoyable and competitive environment (end of rant )

in WvW

miguelsil.6324

Or how about we dont remove everything that makes GW2 just GW2 and instead actually focus on fixing major balance issues like condition output of certain builds, healing output of certain builds, stealth stacking and possibly even scoring issues if we are feeling ambitious?

I agree with major balances in builds classes most used in wvw but still feels less rewarding specially in outnumbered fights that we down someone and they r insta brought back because of numbers ONLY. but i can take babysteps. Remove downsstate while outnumbered buff is on then.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

I agree with major balances in builds classes most used in wvw but still feels less rewarding specially in outnumbered fights that we down someone and they r insta brought back because of numbers ONLY. but i can take babysteps. Remove downsstate while outnumbered buff is on then.

Well that would cripple the outmanned… or spare them too long deaths depending on how you see it I suppose. A little poor wording…

Using ounumbered buff to adjust things like this sort assumes two things:

- there is an “you are outnumbering the enemy” debuff
- the buff and debuff works on a local level, ie if 20v70 fight at south bay outer it would be in effect there but if 3v3 fight at south bay inner, they wouldnt be affected.

The former is easy to fix, the latter require a whole new zoning system which splits the map into small “areas of influence” comparing enemy sides constantly.

If you dont take this into account, your suggestion is kitten. Oh your zerg is 11111lolwrecking bay? You just lost a 5v10 at hills because those 10 was outnumbered by 5 people and had downstate while the 5 didnt. Makes sense.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

The wvw team isn’t the balance team, stop expecting those fixes from this section of the game.

I personally don’t agree with removing the down state, think it’s fine where it’s at.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

That last idea seems appealing. When a server is outnumbered, there’s no downstate for other servers. Insta kill, and no revive. My sadistic side also thinks of a “time out” of killed players from non-outnumbered players.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Removing downed state makes certain traits useless and some rune(s). I do not like butchering content or the feeling of a trait being dead weight/useless.. if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

That last idea seems appealing. When a server is outnumbered, there’s no downstate for other servers. Insta kill, and no revive. My sadistic side also thinks of a “time out” of killed players from non-outnumbered players.

So you would be totally ok with fighting say 2v5 and you dont have downstate but the 5 do?

Because that’s still what will happen when those 5 are outmanned on the border because your side got 30 people AFK queueing EB in spawn.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

So you would be totally ok with fighting say 2v5 and you dont have downstate but the 5 do?

Because that’s still what will happen when those 5 are outmanned on the border because your side got 30 people AFK queueing EB in spawn.

He said other servers, not the one that has the outnumbered.
I can get behind that idea.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

To be honest, I’ve never seen such a situation, and should it happen, it’d be an issue with the server, and not with the game, so : deal with it.

Usually, when I’m outnumbered in a map, I’m the only single character on that map, with the heavy duty to try and do something worth in it. And I happen to find fights and engage even in 1 vs. 3. Yet, when I down one, the 2 others revive it fast, so there’s absolutely no hope. If it was a plain kill, with no possibility for the 2 others to revive their friend, then maybe things could get more interesting. And that’s the meaning of that idea.

It was a joke-idea at first, but on second thought, it may not be that stupid after all.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

To be honest, I’ve never seen such a situation, and should it happen, it’d be an issue with the server, and not with the game, so : deal with it.

That makes absolutely no sense.

If you do 1v3 – and the 4 of you are currently the only people on the map but suddenly a 20 man guild port into the map on your side… and those 3 enemies become outmanned while you are fighting them… how is that an issue with the server? Is players the issue? What are we going to do to fix that issue, delete the players? You would not be able to res – those 3 would.

Or are you saying that you’ve seriously never once ran on a border with the outmanned buff and ended up in 2v1, 3v1 etc scenarios against random players outside their zergs?

Point is, outmanned doesnt work on a zone wide scale to properly do what you want. Changing it so that it does work is not really feasable as it would require a major rework of the outmanned system.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Still think a simpler balanced solution would be after ~7 seconds of not rallying a person in downed state should automatically die.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Still think a simpler balanced solution would be after ~7 seconds of not rallying a person in downed state should automatically die.

Increasing the hp drop (ie the same a “timer”) would be a much better idea, yes. Increase it to 7.5% hp/s or something (up from 2.5%), for example. Just reduce the heal in WvW so that you need to rely on other players (ie split the skills) and cant res yourself anymore.

I wouldnt mind tweaking the the actual res too – for example reviving with all skills in a daze state (say 5s) and endurance at 0, or lower hp.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Oh one thing I would change about downed state is the extra abilities which are unique to the classes, but some are loluselesspoisonnecros, to loltongueouteles or lolucan’tseemethieves. Make all the third skill the same for everyone, so pick a knockdown or root and leave at that for everyone.

in WvW

miguelsil.6324

Yeah thiswould be so cool. Actually roaming or smallscale would improve so much.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yeah thiswould be so cool. Actually roaming or smallscale would improve so much.

Also a nice tell to the server that outmans the ohter that they have more then enough to take on keeps and stuff.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

miguelsil.6324

The more i think about this the more i think it would be for the best in wvw would be so nice get a DEV TAG saying they would consider some options like this.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Well that wasn’t much of a issue until they changed the rallying system.