ANET. Please MANUALLY setup matchups today.

in WvW

Posted by: neomagic.9056

neomagic.9056

With this week determining the placements of league, please manually set the matches up! Many servers are borderline Gold/Silver league and Silver/Bronze league, if matches are based on “current” rankings, then some servers are going to fall in a league that they don’t belong.

Servers that are currently in danger: Fort Aspenwood, Dragonbrand, Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks, Crystal Desert, Sanctum of Rall, Sorrows Furnace, Ferguson’s Crossing, and Darkhaven.

Fort Aspenwood, Dragonbrand, Maguuma – These 3 servers are currently on the border of Gold/Silver. If leagues were to start today, Dragonbrand would be in gold. However, many believe that they don’t belong in gold, since they were whooped by Maguuma a couple weeks ago.
SOLUTION: Have all 3 servers face each other in order to decide the standings. Loser goes to silver.

Northern Shiverpeaks, Crystal Desert – These 2 servers are currently on the border of Silver/Bronze. If leagues started today, they would be in Silver (where they belong). However, if matchup are based on their “current ratings”, these 2 servers have a HIGH chance of drawing Henge of Denravi. Henge of Denravi got many transfer during the free period, enough that they are guaranteed a top 3 finish for Silver. Apparently, they can queue up all four maps. The issue here is that, Crystal Desert and Northern Shiverpeaks could lose enough ratings to fall to bronze if they faced off against Henge of Denravi. Because HoD will roll Crystal Desert and Northern Shiverpeaks with their new coverage.

Sanctum of Rall – This poor server has a been a desert town for the last couple weeks. With most of their WvW population transferring off, almost everyone can agree that they don’t belong in Silver.
SOLUTION : Have Crystal Desert, Northern Shiverpeaks, and Sanctum of Rall face off this week. See if Sanctum of Rall has what it takes to be in silver. If they get steamrolled here, move one server from Bronze up. This matchup will prevent Crystal Desert and Northern Shiverpeaks from moving to Bronze.

Sorrows Furnace, Ferguson’s Crossing, Darkhaven – These 3 servers are currently sitting the at top of Bronze league. Based of previous results, It would be a tragedy if one if these servers replace Crystal Desert or Northern Shiverpeaks in silver. However, if Santum of Rall moves down to bronze, let these 3 servers fight it out to decide who gets that silver spot.
SOLUTION: Only move one of these servers up, if Sanctum of Rall is moving down to bronze.

TL;DR: So anet, please let Dragonbrand/Fort Aspenwood/Maguuma face each other to see who is worthy of Gold.

Please don’t let Northern Shiverpeaks and/or Crystal Desert slip into bronze league because they have to face a Henge of Denravi server that has numbers to battle Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

This is actually a really good list of suggestions, extremely unlikely they do anything with it however.

in WvW

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

This is a great idea. This or delay the season till the rating system has a chance to catch up.

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Bringing DB up to T2 would mean SOS would drop to T3 and face SBI, and IOJ. Wouldn’t be a fair matchup, but that’s nothing new in T3, so I don’t have a problem with this suggestion. (I’m on SBI)

It would be nice to see a playoff week like this where the servers on the bubble know everything is on the line and there will be a certain, tangible reward/punishment based on how well they do.

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

totally agree they should do something pre-tournament, but rather than manually setting the matchups i think it’d be better to switch to a shorter matchup duration again.

either the 24 or 48 hour matchup system would help fix this faster, and more naturally.

and yeah .. i logged in at 2 in the afternoon (est) yesterday and hod had 2 maps queued. at 4 am there was an 80 person queue on one of the maps.

what in the actual kitten is up with that?

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

All they will “manually” do is slap us in our face with a patch resulting in wvw reset for 1-2 pve bug fixes an hour or two after the wvw reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I can’t imagine they will do this, but I really appreciated (and agree with) your argument here.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Honestly we haven’t had a question answered in this forum for awhile.

Not even sure they read it…

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Silver league is a mess. SoR, BP, YB, NS, CD, HoD and even SF are probably all somewhat competitive with all the recent transfers especially once a flood of PvE players come into the mix. The thing that is screwing everything up is the 7th place server (Mag, DB of FC) in Silver. None of those servers have any business being in Silver and at least one has no business in Gold. If we could migrate some people off DB onto other Silver servers, Silver could actually be a lot of fun unlike last time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Bringing DB up to T2 would mean SOS would drop to T3 and face SBI, and IOJ. Wouldn’t be a fair matchup, but that’s nothing new in T3, so I don’t have a problem with this suggestion. (I’m on SBI)

It would be nice to see a playoff week like this where the servers on the bubble know everything is on the line and there will be a certain, tangible reward/punishment based on how well they do.

As hateful as a week of pure ppt-pushing would be, I wouldn’t mind it if it sorted out the rest of T2 for the Gold League.

DB could roll low this week and guarantee a spot without a single matchup with more than one gold server since last summer.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

I have even resorted to sending PMs to devs asking if they even read this forum anymore. They are really busy in the pvp forum, but not this one.

in WvW

Chris.3290

I have even resorted to sending PMs to devs asking if they even read this forum anymore. They are really busy in the pvp forum, but not this one.

They seem to love SPvP, despite the fact that I have only ever met 2 people for whom SPvP is what keeps them playing GW2.
I know an exponentially higher amount of people who love WvW and admit that the draw to PvE is even higher than that.

in WvW

Posted by: maocat.6427

maocat.6427

This is a great idea. I’m on SoR and we are likely to get our brains dashed open in Silver. It would be lovely if ANet tweaked the ratings to compensate for those servers whose rank isn’t reflective of their current WvW populations.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

That is because the sPvP community offers real ideas on the forums, unlike the wvw population.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: katripper.5630

katripper.5630

kitten Neo, great suggestion. You’re a beast dude.

Ulumuri/Trash Boat/Fairweather Scrub
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

Nah just put everyone in bronze. 1-9 get rewards, 10-17 get no rewards, 17-24 must buy 20 dollars in gems to keep playing

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

They seem to love SPvP, despite the fact that I have only ever met 2 people for whom SPvP is what keeps them playing GW2.
I know an exponentially higher amount of people who love WvW and admit that the draw to PvE is even higher than that.

At this point I think the GvG scene alone is bigger than sPvP…. :P

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Chris.3290

At this point I think the GvG scene alone is bigger than sPvP…. :P

The last few weeks my time has been split:

70% WvW/GvG (40/30)
25% PvE
5% SPvP

in WvW

Posted by: NotKalkz.1286

NotKalkz.1286

what u said is probably true but it’s not gonna happen
becuase it’s ANET you’re talking with

Kalkz

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Not going to happen, too much work, and we all know, it’s Arena Net we’re talking about.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Anet has long had an obsession with automating anything competitive so they are absolved of any responsibility or potential controversy. Having said that, there should at least be a mechanism in the ratings system that detects an abnormal amount of players transferring out with the ensuing precipitous decline in rating, then intervenes with a faster adjustment to appropriate matchups. The current system only rubs salt in the wound of servers that are in real trouble for weeks, even months on end.

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

League rankings were decided last week.

That being said Dragonbrand is in gold and Fort Aspenwood is in silver so yea it was already done and over with.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

(edited by Laylie.5703)

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

That being said Dragonbrand is in gold and Fort Aspenwood is in silver so yea it was already done and over with.

No. Unless you have a source explicitly saying that the league position your server is based in was set that day it was not. Last weeks “lock In” was for what servers prices would be determined to. If your lock in was final that week I do not see why they would have a week inbetween the xfer change and season start as the 1 week lockout doesn’t even begin til the 28th.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

confirmed?

in WvW

Posted by: rooney.7968

rooney.7968

confirmed?

lol, stop believing in everything you read.
if the matches are already decided, FA is in GOLD… just check the official rankings. We were 0.4 points ahead of DB.
if its not decided, it will come to this week result.

[HOPE] Minoria Exaltada
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

lol, stop believing in everything you read.
if the matches are already decided, FA is in GOLD… just check the official rankings. We were 0.4 points ahead of DB.
if its not decided, it will come to this week result.

Only ANet knows but at this point it does look like it is going to be FA in silver and SF in bronze. DB, Mag and NS all still have a shot for some league mobility though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP,

Your idea here is a good one which means it will not happen

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I just want a Mag-DB-SoS matchup to see what DB’s true ranking really is. SoR plummeting did nothing but ruin the ratings and cause instability that takes a good couple of months to work out.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

daydream.2938

One huge issue with this is that ofc, a server might throw a week so as to try and fall to silver/bronze.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I want to fight JQ/TC this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

I just want a Mag-DB-SoS matchup to see what DB’s true ranking really is. SoR plummeting did nothing but ruin the ratings and cause instability that takes a good couple of months to work out.

This I agree with mostly. I am from SBI, and these last 3 weeks have been god awful. Stuck against DR and SoR 3 weeks in a row now. Because of SoS’s previous rating points compared to SBI’s, they are able to easily drop in rating, while for us in SBI it seems that scoring anything PPT wise higher than SoR’s automatically results in us GAINING rating points (we are in no way fit for gold league, thank you very much. ) Just look at the score in our match up and the one from last week. I’m sorry but with DB absolutely crushing us with a score of over 400k total points vs SBI less than half that score, we should be absolutely NOT gaining any ratings points.

As others have said, there are several servers which as of right now should not be at the ratings level they are at currently. The system needs to be adjusted to better reflect this. Hey you could even just go and chop 100 ratings points off of SoR and SBI for example and hey, problem is already half-way solved.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

daydream.2938

Sbi , I believe will be in silver league. I don’t know how you guys currently are, but a month ago borlis pass was in better shape than it is today, and we lost to sbi. so you guys probably belong in t4, but would likely be the strongest in t4. Ioj belongs in t3, and I have no idea what santum belongs in but sounds like t6-7.

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Sbi , I believe will be in silver league. I don’t know how you guys currently are, but a month ago borlis pass was in better shape than it is today, and we lost to sbi. so you guys probably belong in t4, but would likely be the strongest in t4. Ioj belongs in t3, and I have no idea what santum belongs in but sounds like t6-7.

I’m aware that as it currently stands we SBI are going to be going into silver league. However this is just one example I was giving of the problems with how the ratings system is flawed.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Looks like people who continually insisted last week was the lock in here you go.

Hey all,
-Snip-
When the tournament starts, world ratings are used to sort the initial matchups. This will include the results of the match ending on March 28th.
-Snip-
Hopefully that clears up some confusion!

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Many-questions-so-Dev/first#post3793403

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

If a world is winning every math in a tournament, in next tournament they should be moved to a higher tier. If a world is loosing every match in a tournament, in next tournament they should be moved to a lower tier. If both statement is true over several tournaments, then the world do not truly belong in either tiers and it doesn’t matter where they are placed.