ANET Seriously...

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Mordayn.6198

Mordayn.6198

So, the server we are playing against breaks our EBG waypointed keep with an omniblob and then we proceed to defend our fortified Jerri tower. Afterwards, we go to kill the guild catas that were used to take our fortified tower and see this. Good form ANET, good form.

Attachments:

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Maybe…maybe it was for science?

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Mordayn.6198

It’s all good though, shortly thereafter we went to their home BL and ninja’d their WP’d WK with 9 people and I think they rage quit because their population dropped to almost nothing and everything was pretty much an easy take from there. Can’t mess with that Mag Swag.

(edited by Mordayn.6198)

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Mordayn.6198

380 tick and counting.

Attachments:

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

I just transferred out of t3 NA last week.

I don’t know how you folks put up with the lack of match variety, there is very little room for pugs to improve when they are playing the exact same thing every week.

Surprised you folks haven’t said more about it tbh.

Just to do a NA and EU comparison
NA: http://wvwmatchups.azurewebsites.net/#Maguuma
EU: http://wvwmatchups.azurewebsites.net/#Gandara

The Ghost of Christmas Past

(edited by RlyOsim.2497)

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

So they played the game ?

You think because they are from Anet they should have compassion and not join their server mates ? Or maybe they shouldn’t be allowed to use siege ?

Seriously, you got zerged, it happens all the time, siege gets used all the time, would you have QQ’d if it was a different guild ? Get over it.

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

380 tick and counting.

Then why are you crying in your original post?

Would you rather they didn’t play the game, or they never played on your, or a competing server, so you never see them?

At least you know they play themselves.

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Forgot I was repping my bank guild.

<3

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

I’m not sure why, but that dev response made me laugh.

Ele for Hire

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

Hehe, oops It makes me happy to know that the dev’s are out there playing like everyone else.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It’s all good though, shortly thereafter we went to their home BL and ninja’d their WP’d WK with 9 people and I think they rage quit because their population dropped to almost nothing and everything was pretty much an easy take from there. Can’t mess with that Mag Swag.

Odds are they went to bed – it’s only the Korean and Singaporean players who are able to flip waypointed stuff. They’re far more interested in flipping your keeps than defending theirs.

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Are you new to the tier or something?

Doubtful anyone “rage quit”. Should know that most pop are under Atlantic time and a heavy percentage go sleep/end raid around midnight. So props on the PvD.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

what’s wrong with that? it means devs are actually playing WvW.. isnt that what we all want?
he could have gotten the guild catas from someone and he just threw it to see if the logo sticks to siege as well

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

hehe I like to see dev’s in the game and that is funny to see arena net logo on seige I choose not to look to deeply into it and side with Chiccotot and Sviel especially Sviel as that make me think of G.L.A.D.O.S. But it a funny idea to ponder in that arena net wanted to take you out lol

(edited by Rei Hino.5961)

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Chrono.6832

Chrono.6832

Did you take Cal’s Twilight away yet? It could pay for more guild catas

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

what’s wrong with that? it means devs are actually playing WvW.. isnt that what we all want?
he could have gotten the guild catas from someone and he just threw it to see if the logo sticks to siege as well

QFT

Good to see arenanet devs enjoying wvw.
Really nothing to see here, although thanks OP for making this visible to all of us.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

Did you take Cal’s Twilight away yet? It could pay for more guild catas

>.<

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Complains about people attacking something that they are defending and then chest thumps about PvE’ing an empty keep after everyone goes to sleep.
#magswag

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

380 tick and counting.

Nice fight tier..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

380 tick and counting.

Nice fight tier..

Fight tier died when T2 fell apart. Now it’s full of PPT kittenters.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Actually really happy to see this. I enjoy knowing that ANET plays the game mode as well.

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Oh…I get it now.

Earlier…when I was looking at the picture…

I was thinking OP was trying to point out some hack or exploit advantage.

As it turns out…having more than 3 catapults setup to take an objective is not a normal occurrence for OP.

For me…when my Home World was in the Rank dog house…this was the only way to capture a heavily fortified objective…fast enough.

It’s rough being the lowest Rank World without troops.

5 People vs 50 People…

Our team of 5 having 5 Catapults to quickly take out a heavily fortified objective before the 50 people respond…is priceless.

Kudos to the 5 people who can build 5 Catapults in the above scenario without being found out and stomped on.

(edited by Diku.2546)

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

This is all part of the new plan for Anet to solve all the complaints about population imbalance.

When there are coverage gaps, Anet will form their own zerg and PvDoor as needed to balance the matchup.

In all seriousness, if you’re in WvW, I have no idea why you’d be angry at the enemy attacking your structures. They’re supposed to. Not attacking your structure when they have a chance would be not playing in good faith. If I were there, I’d wonder why you’re not stopping us.

Buy a siege disabler. That’s way more effective than making a thread. Or actually fight them.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

This is all part of the new plan for Anet to solve all the complaints about population imbalance.

When there are coverage gaps, Anet will form their own zerg and PvDoor as needed to balance the matchup.

In all seriousness, buy a siege disabler. That’s way more effective than making a thread. Or actually fight them.

A group of cata together can bounce a disabler pretty effectively by timing the shield (number 5)

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Thank you!

This just made my day

L’enfer, c’est les autres

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

a while back the devs said they would nvr interfere with wvw like standing in capture rings and now youve gone and snitched on him!

theyll probably make him go program quaggan dancing as punishment now.

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

In all seriousness, buy a siege disabler. That’s way more effective than making a thread. Or actually fight them.

A group of cata together can bounce a disabler pretty effectively by timing the shield (number 5)

That is true, but they have to see you coming first. Though I suppose the tower was already taken, though it’s bound to happen when you’re distracted elsewhere. Apparently the tower was already taken before anyone could defend it.

Besides, it’s moot anyways in the grand scheme of things. What kind of silly server WPs SM, goes into the enemy’s EB 3rd while a good deal of their borderlands North is gone wiith a paper hills and bay?! That doesn’t look like a winning strategy.

Oh crap.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

Forgot I was repping my bank guild.

<3

hey escrow, whorior here

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

380 tick and counting.

Nice fight tier..

it’s still a fight tier.. as long as you dont go to a certain Green server currently shown. They love their ppt

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

a while back the devs said they would nvr interfere with wvw like standing in capture rings and now youve gone and snitched on him!

I’ll just put this here to refresh your memory.

Just a heads up in case you see the character GM Proheals doing any of the following:

*appearing/disappearing
*teleporting
*running really fast
*not dying
*moving players – very unlikely but I know if I don’t include it….
*changing teams (friendly to enemy at will)

You should not see me doing any of the following:

*fighting back / fighting npc characters
*standing in unclaimed land
*reviving players
*using siege and supply

Here’s my toon:
!http://i.imgur.com/TTVHVaB.jpg!

Questions?

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: primo.3867

primo.3867

wait.. selling cal’s stuff is an option? hold on a minute…..buying more guild cats.

Demented Elements l Human Elementalist
Officer of [oT] Ominous Threat on SBI
Mithril Squire Elementalist

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’ll just put this here to refresh your memory.

Just a heads up in case you see the character GM Proheals doing any of the following:

*appearing/disappearing
*teleporting
*running really fast
*not dying
*moving players – very unlikely but I know if I don’t include it….
*changing teams (friendly to enemy at will)

You should not see me doing any of the following:

*fighting back / fighting npc characters
*standing in unclaimed land
*reviving players
*using siege and supply

Here’s my toon:
!http://i.imgur.com/TTVHVaB.jpg!

Questions?

But his title says “web programmer” not dev.

He was actually playing the game because he enjoys it.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Chrono.6832

Chrono.6832

wait.. selling cal’s stuff is an option? hold on a minute…..buying more guild cats.

I always sell Cal’s things without him knowing

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I don’t get the issue?

I laughed seeing those pictures, it’s nice knowing they actually play WvW too.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

I always sell Cal’s things without him knowing

THATS WHERE ALL MY STUFF HAS GONE!

z_z

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Enter the new super champion “Here comes Johnny”, a supertough and hard hitting champ that will effortlessly bash your door in with a hatchet, smile and look menacingly at everyone in the keep in a short movie sequence.^^

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Gaming life of a dev:

Lawton “ooo these guild catas are so sexy, the sleek design, I want one too!”
Drops two, one for himself, other for the low ap ranger next to him.

Few hours later gets bashed on forums for having fun.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

People still QQ these days if they get their objectives blobbed and pvdoored ? Wauw..

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

I’ve seen plenty of devs in WvW playing. I once found an Anet siege and took a screenshot because I thought it was funny. It’s no different than any other guild dropping catas to take a tower so… what’s the big fuss? Be happy they are bothering to play the gamemode. Maybe it means they’re getting to know player habits to best resolve the issues with WvW they have said they will fix post-expansion.

Ele for Hire

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

So, the server we are playing against breaks our EBG waypointed keep with an omniblob and then we proceed to defend our fortified Jerri tower. Afterwards, we go to kill the guild catas that were used to take our fortified tower and see this. Good form ANET, good form.

Screen Shot of the WEEK right there! LOOOL!

Hey, I bet those guild catas hit with a little Extra Oomph!, huh Anet? j/k

Moonlight [THRU]

ANET Seriously...

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

This just in: employees at ANet play their own game and use siege in WvW, to boot.

Get your pitchforks, because how dare they.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”