ANET should shut down WvW during a DDOS

in WvW

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

This is the first time I have seen a server attack happen. But its annoying to hear that some people are taking this opportunity to PvD an entire server. There are also periods though during patches when great amounts of the server cannot access wvw. I don’t have many good answers to fix this right now, and would appreciate a discussion.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

You take this way too serious…points are meaningless as long as there is no season (and even then because of the level of rewards).

Personally, i think WvW would only improve if they removed PPT as a whole, tripled map size and treat WvW more like some kind of PvP server.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

A PvP mega server doesn’t sound bad, perhaps a nice free for all (sigh~ I miss my Lineage II Silver Ranger).

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You take this way too serious…points are meaningless as long as there is no season (and even then because of the level of rewards).

Personally, i think WvW would only improve if they removed PPT as a whole, tripled map size and treat WvW more like some kind of PvP server.

This is about losing t3 towers fully sieged up,not so much about PPT.If the opposing server is able to pvd stuff while the server is constantly crashing for others,only for you to return and see half your map gone in the meantime….Where’s the fun in that,not even counting the PPT at that time ?

in WvW

Posted by: lordsith.8519

lordsith.8519

I agree with Caedmon, our guild usually wvw every night (about 20 of us) and none of us can stay on for more than 5 mins without d/cing. Our whole map was the opposing color and we couldn’t do anything about it because of the ddosing.

in WvW

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

I like the Pvp mega server idea! A free for all pk server. This would force people to join guilds and give a meaning to Guild wars 2.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

This would force people to join guilds

No… I like my small guild.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

If the map is big enough and the player cap low enough, there will be plenty to do for solo players or small groups.

Give objectives to the map, small stat bonuses (yeah, i’m not a fan of stat bonuses, too, but since there won’t be ppt, it’s not that much of a deal. Obsidian Sanctum should of course be left untouched by them) and patrolling NPCs that require objectives to be capped. Maybe even 1 or 2 bosses that spawn at RANDOM times and provide decent loot and access to bank, tp and crafting stations until the next spawn.

As long as the map is big enough, i don’t think a bit of PvE here and there won’t hurt.

Why not go a step further and provide “building” places that start of as ruins but can by upgraded with mats, so you can add walls, towers, a hidden one-way tunnel to attack unsuspecting enemies etc (with mutually exclusive alternatives so you have to decide).

WvW should be a giant sandbox PvP map, not a zergfest like it currently is.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Not going to hijack the thread further so I’ll start one

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Its just game.

I look at it as…an opportunity… for my team….or a “cheat” if you guys do it, lol.

In the end though, I’d like to get as much playtime as I can get. Laggy & buggy is better than being shut out.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

I’ll admit, I took advantage of it… to take our Hills back.

I didn’t even know there had been a problem, and I wondered where that enemy zergball went. Cheers to whoever originated the attack.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Sorry. The dev team is too busy trying to find ways to redesign (mess up) components of the current maps. They cannot take your call right now. Please leave a message in the thread, and we won’t respond to you.