ANET vs Forum Users

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There is a huge disconnect between the anet dev team and the forum users. Both sides think they know more than the other. The good news is that soon we will know which side has a clue and which side needs to learn. There are two big areas of disagreement.

1. Bloodlust- Anet thinks this will add fun to the BL maps; Forum users think it will create more imbalance and kill roaming/gvg.
2. Leagues- anet thinks this will be an exciting and competitive league; Forum users think most outcomes are already determined and users will transfer to higher tier servers before the league begins.

Personally, I hope ANET is right. If so, forum users need to learn to trust the dev team. If the forum users are right, then ANET needs to get a clue and realize they do not understand WvW at all.

Let’s see.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Anet has already said they dont care about GvG. if they think adding something that will effectively destroy GvG to benefit WvW they will do it.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

“ppl who post and complain on forums are vocal minority. most players enjoying game.”

however:

the silent players may hold similar opinions as the vocal minority.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

ANET vs Forum Users

ANET would wipe….They need to play the game moar….

Mag Server Leader

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Anet has already said they dont care about GvG. if they think adding something that will effectively destroy GvG to benefit WvW they will do it.

Funny thing is that this is everything but “WvW benefit”.

If they really just wanted to get rid of GvG there were a tons of ways to do so without screwing up the whole WvW big time.

Would have suck*ed anyway, but at least the game mode wouldn’t have become utter crap.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

Forum Users? I think you mean players, as in ANet customers.

A big portion of WvW players dislike some of these changes a lot, and that was made clear a long time ago. But unfortunately ANet doesn’t give a kitten about our opinion.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

With GvG looking like a less feasible option we can branch out and try new possibilities, such as competitive form floating in the water area at ruins or perhaps a dance contest behind mills.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

style.6173

“ppl who post and complain on forums are vocal minority. most players enjoying game.”

however:

the silent players may hold similar opinions as the vocal minority.

I’m definitely interested to see the thoughts of the players when I log into WvW later.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Personally, I hope ANET is right. If so, forum users need to learn to trust the dev team. If the forum users are right, then ANET needs to get a clue and realize they do not understand WvW at all.

We’ve given our trust to ArenaNet for over a year now. During that time, they’ve demonstrated through actions and speech that they do not deserve said trust.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Wanna know the reason why ANet doesn’t give a flying truck for WvW?
Today was the biggest WvW update since launch right?
Find me one topic that mentions WvW in here:

Attachments:

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m definitely interested to see the thoughts of the players when I log into WvW later.

I’ve heard from our guild WvW regulars. I can’t repeat those words here.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

With GvG looking like a less feasible option we can branch out and try new possibilities, such as competitive form floating in the water area at ruins or perhaps a dance contest behind mills.

My new guild One Ballista will out-style you any day

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Julia.8760

Julia.8760

What we need is a competitor, a different game we can all go to and open world pvp our hearts out, and not have to deal with these dev’s that clearly don’t care what we think or what we want.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

You know there’s a problem in the train thought of the Devs when they explicitly say that they won’t take the only form of feedback.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Wanna know the reason why ANet doesn’t give a flying truck for WvW?
Today was the biggest WvW update since launch right?
Find me one topic that mentions WvW in here:

/r/GuildWars2 has always been a joke regarding any content that isn’t lore or garbage fluff. Any mentions there of WvW that aren’t from their karma hero Intigo are usually ignored.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Kinshiro.1472

Kinshiro.1472

Anet has been well know of their failures in the past, they’ve been laughable matter for years and criticised by many game magazines. Mostly because they don’t care about their customers and their feedback. But hey, Anet was created by outcast blizzard entertainment employees which is probably why they still keep hiring silly people. tsk tsk -No offence, devs <3

The question is.. Why do we whine and play their games? :p
There is nothing we can do about the stuff we don’t like since they don’t care, BUT hey.. GTA 5 is out now for a reason

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

1. Bloodlust- Anet thinks this will add fun to the BL maps; Forum users think it will create more imbalance and kill roaming/gvg.

This is simply a TERRIBLE idea, one that helps the big servers even more then just having the numbers, some got and STILL have all 3 buffs…

All in all, great areas TERRIBLE bonus stat idea it should NEVER have gotten into the game as it yet again benefits the big servers and punishes the small servers even more so then they already are when out manned and all they get is a pathetic “buff” that has NO help what so ever in terms of the fight.

2. Leagues- anet thinks this will be an exciting and competitive league; Forum users think most outcomes are already determined and users will transfer to higher tier servers before the league begins.

Another terrible idea, one likely made to get players to pay to transfer for wins. This again will be great for the big servers, bad and painful for the smaller ones.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There’s a third option: Anet does understand WvW, but understands it as something completely different from how we players look at it.

Anet wants WvW to be a vehicle that moves PvE players towards sPvP (esports!).
They do not care about the WvW game mode in and of itself. Practically all Anet behavior points towards this.

I believe Anet is trying to make WvW more zergy, to kill off all small man and solo gameplay. They hope that these players will move to sPvP (esport!).

Look at the new orb mechanic. If their true intention was to break up zergs into smaller groups, they would have put the capture points far from each other. This was definitely possible: there’s the centaur region and the skritt region that were never being used. Instead they placed them all together — making the area look like an sPvP (esports!) map. Coincidence? I think not.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

Let’s not even get me started about how stupid soul bound WvW ranks are, and how stupid the way Devon is handling them.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

It sucks this is the only mmo that offers a game type like World vs World as if there was another one I’d be long gone. When the game came out WvW had so much potential and all of that has just been thrown away by one guy.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It sucks this is the only mmo that offers a game type like World vs World as if there was another one I’d be long gone. When the game came out WvW had so much potential and all of that has just been thrown away by one guy.

Elder Scrolls Online will have something similar. Pay monthly is kind of annoying but i would rtaher pay to play it and have a GOOD mode rather then have this total mess.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

Elder Scrolls Online will have something similar. Pay monthly is kind of annoying but i would rtaher pay to play it and have a GOOD mode rather then have this total mess.

I’d happily pay if it meant having developers working on the game type and listening to the players that play it everyday instead of where Devon is taking WvW atm.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I’d happily pay if it meant having developers working on the game type and listening to the players that play it everyday instead of where Devon is taking WvW atm.

I have seen some videos of it i believe on Youtube, it looked pretty insane. So i will defo be keeping an eye on it.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

style.6173

There’s a third option: Anet does understand WvW, but understands it as something completely different from how we players look at it.

Anet wants WvW to be a vehicle that moves PvE players towards sPvP (esports!).
They do not care about the WvW game mode in and of itself. Practically all Anet behavior points towards this.

I believe Anet is trying to make WvW more zergy, to kill off all small man and solo gameplay. They hope that these players will move to sPvP (esport!).

Look at the new orb mechanic. If their true intention was to break up zergs into smaller groups, they would have put the capture points far from each other. This was definitely possible: there’s the centaur region and the skritt region that were never being used. Instead they placed them all together — making the area look like an sPvP (esports!) map. Coincidence? I think not.

This is interesting. Surely ANET releases that WvW is more popular than PvP. They failed at PvP. It is not interesting.

WvW on the other hand was exciting.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

style.6173

After playing my thoughts…

1. The new capture points are fun. The map changes were a good idea.
2. Bloodlust is a bad idea. The stats increase should never have happened. It kills balance and hurts roamers.

So, I’m ready to call round 1.

Forum users: 1
ANET: 0

Next up is the league in 2 weeks. ANET thinks this will be fun for everyone. Forums users think it will just cause even more lopsided matches. Let’s hope ANET can win this next one, otherwise, it will be a miserable time for everyone.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

ANET vs Forum Users

ANET would wipe….They need to play the game moar….

They can’t muster a competitve group… thus they join the PuG zerg and think everything is flowers and lollipops

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Anet knows once Wildstar and ESO launch the following will happen:

1. PPT players and realm vs realm players will all go and play ESO for Eso’s more promising RvR system.
2. GvG guilds and open field fighting / roam squads will go play Wildstar, because of Wildstar’s implemented GvG system and open world pvp system for roamers.

Anet knows no matter what they do, they are too stupid to deliver any content that can keep us here instead of going to those 2 games. So they are just doing what they can to push as many people into sPVP as they can, to promote their favorite gamemode in hopes of converting it to an esport.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Note: Wildstar is owned by NCsoft. Your gem store purchases in this game helped fund features in that game.

Do not be fooled by NCsoft/Nexon’s smash and grab development and post launch support tactics. If you think Wildstar will be different post launch you’re in for a rude awakening.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

That would be interesting to see, an ANET guild fighting another wvw guild in open field! I want a poll for this, where the devs get together and fight ANY guild inc mine! With and without bloodlust!

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Note: Wildstar is owned by NCsoft.

Thank you. I did not know that.

Do not be fooled by NCsoft/Nexon’s smash and grab development and post launch support tactics. If you think Wildstar will be different post launch you’re in for a rude awakening.

Don’t Get Fooled Again!!!! ah, brings back memories….

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

I think it’s unfair to put any of the problems with WvW on NCsoft. Anet worked really hard to make this as big of a mess as it is. Give them some credit.

[DERP] – Maguuma

ANET vs Forum Users

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I think it’s unfair to put any of the problems with WvW on NCsoft. Anet worked really hard to make this as big of a mess as it is. Give them some credit.

Oh NCsoft/Nexon for sure have a hand in how WvW ended up this way, but yeah, credit where credit is due, Anet has been working really hard at it too!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.