ANet's Goal: All WvW-Player on only 3 server?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Q:

The first league generated an enormous concentration process of players onto the server that where expected to win the league.

NA-WvW still suffers from that.
EU-WvW seem to just recover from that.

This time it seems to be even worser. Only one winner per ladder (NA/EU) instead of three, and even more attractive winner-rewards. Also queue’s lost their regulating effect, if you don’t fit WvW, you can farm achievements in EotM without any queue.

Is it really your goal to enforce a further concentration process?
Admittedly in the short run this generates a high gem income.

But I guess it finally kills any balance nd competetiveness in WvW.

The first ones are already moving: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Dear-Anet-possible-merge-for-old-WvW-Maps/3626620

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Its hard to jump to any kind of conclusions when we don’t have exact details on the systems or rewards that will be coming with the tournament.

The main problem that we faced in JQ (and I’m sure SoR and BG did as well) as that our WvW maps were filled with less dedicated WvW players just there to get achievement points and/or rewards. People were literally training around the ruins just to get the achievement points that came with doing that. Guess what? That kept 10-15 people that wanted to actually WvW out of the map. This is mostly solved now by the release of EotM but we know that it has a mix of servers so that means achievements won’t be 100% based on the BL’s and EB.

What does all this mean? It means that Anet seems to have learned (based on what we can see in the blog post) from season 1. They know what they can and can’t do based on rewards and population/strength of servers. However, I don’t think this tournament will be flawless by any means.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

The first league generated an enormous concentration process of players onto the server that where expected to win the league.

This time it seems to be even worser. Only one winner per ladder (NA/EU) instead of three, and even more attractive winner-rewards.

The first ones are already moving: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Dear-Anet-possible-merge-for-old-WvW-Maps/3626620

Its like there is no one on the team with enough foresight to see what this will lead to.
I actually think these tournament/leagues add a bit of freshness to the game. But until the core issues of pop/coverage are fixed this is a farce.

I would like to ask Anet if they have the metrics of before the 1st Leagues and now as per population on servers that aren’t in T1/T2. How did it change etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I used to defend Anet a lot on these forums, but EoTM, and this season has me wondering if they even care about their game anymore (at least the WvW portion).

Let’s be honest here, EoTM KILLLLLLLEEEEEDDDD WvW. T1 used to be competitive, now it isn’t. T2 is kind of competitive, but, honestly, there isn’t really a tier that is competitive anymore.

Add to the fact they you don’t even need to be in wvw (just EoTM) and you get rewarded for the season, will cause more drama than anything else in wvw. How can people who are only helping you lose, get rewarded.

Anet could fix this, if they would just allow EoTM to contribute toward your servers score (and before they say it technically can’t be done, it can. Their is a root server control all of the overflows, so they could iterate through every overflow at each tick point, and average all the overflows ppt, and then add that to the main ppt).

By the time they take action (if they do, cause they still think EoTM is filled with people who are only there cause their maps are queued), it will be too late. Many guilds from lower tier servers that care about winning (being competitive) will have transferred.

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

How will this make it less competitive? The people who care about WvW and PPT will consolidate themselves into fewer servers that actually have a chance for a balanced and relatively equal matchup. This means higher frequency of good fights between organized guild groups.

The non-competitive karma trains who don’t care about PPT or any of that will not clog up your queues, being happily occupied in EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: BobbyBigTime.7192

BobbyBigTime.7192

This time it seems to be even worser. Only one winner per ladder (NA/EU) instead of three, and even more attractive winner-rewards. Also queue’s lost their regulating effect, if you don’t fit WvW, you can farm achievements in EotM without any queue.

I agree 100%…. & now that the rewards are supposed to be better, even those who didn’t transfer last time, are gone…

So where we transferring to everyone?

Queues aren’t a problem, so lets get this WIN