ANet stop claiming keeps

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Well stop rubbing salt in the wound anyway. DB is getting hammered by two MUCH more populated servers. Claiming DB’s garri when their tick is less than 50 is just dee bagg ery.

Happened all last week from SBI as well. If you want to “enjoy” WvW, how about growing some courage and going onto the low pop server for the week.

Attachments:

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

If it makes you feel better, when the Anet dev showed up on Mag bl, things were a little less great for him, we revenged for you!

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Straegen.2938

It is sad when DB map chat became excited because Mag was taking garri so we didn’t have to see that ANet tattoo on garri. This game breaks my heart sometimes and this week after the last one is certainly trying.

Last of my guild to play and tonight I find myself wondering why I keep going.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Dontral.7490

Dontral.7490

Feel bad for yah, but CD has been like this for the past few MONTHS. Constantly outnumbered, little coverage, being matched against servers with 2-3 times the population (including yours btw), being bumped up into T3, having T3 servers dumped on us (two this week), having the Desert Borderland almost every week… Almost every bad combination of links and match-ups you can imagine we have been through.

So I know it sucks when servers take advantage of your lack of coverage to k-train your borderland every single day, and there’s little you can do about it,

We lose players simply out of frustration.

And yes we have also had ANET claim our keep, think they where on HoD at the time.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

@OP: I believe Digikid is referring to this. Enjoy!

More here: https://imgur.com/a/Y4owx

Attachments:

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

(edited by Tyyphoon.5301)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

There was a time when most people (judging by map and team chat, anyway) used to find it funny but it may be that those days are over. Players seem to find it annoying now, again judging by reactions in open channels.

Claiming towers and keeps with the ANet flag is probably a joke that’s not funny any more. Might be time to give it a rest.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Feel bad for yah, but CD has been like this for the past few MONTHS. Constantly outnumbered, little coverage, being matched against servers with 2-3 times the population (including yours btw), being bumped up into T3, having T3 servers dumped on us (two this week), having the Desert Borderland almost every week… Almost every bad combination of links and match-ups you can imagine we have been through.

Agreed and by no means am I trying to say any given situation is worse that another. Many servers often for months go through this.

Being unable to hold even a single T3 WP keep during prime playing hours is a serious problem that has gone unaddressed for far too long.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I vote for someone to create the guild “Defeated by [ANet]” so the OP can finally feel happy his server is no longer being victimised by employees of the company playing the game they work on.

Or we can keep making these posts and drive out the last of the devs from WvW so problems like ghost thieves, server stacking and targeting the weakest server being the best action go unnoticed completely.

To clarify, I’m not white knighting ANet I just think the OP is being petty.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Well stop rubbing salt in the wound anyway. DB is getting hammered by two MUCH more populated servers. Claiming DB’s garri when their tick is less than 50 is just dee bagg ery.

Happened all last week from SBI as well. If you want to “enjoy” WvW, how about growing some courage and going onto the low pop server for the week.

? YB is losing to you ….. We are not more populated no matter what anet’s silly status says AND no link…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Well, as soon as we see a ANET tag on an enemy objective it becomes target number one.

I still think the ANET devs spend way too much time on the winning servers, but hey, they said there is no favoritism. The truth probably is that they have friends on those servers. I would like to see them on the losing end servers more often to see the other side of the coin and how the server population imbalance effects us. Not to mention the match-ups where #10 is up against #2 and #4 who both have 2 servers attached to them. Thus, 6 servers versus 2.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

? YB is losing to you ….. We are not more populated no matter what anet’s silly status says AND no link…..

You keep crying YB is not full and has no link, yet they’re hanging well in t3 with servers that need 2-3 links to even compete with you. How about you finally open your eyes for a change, your server is big enough on it’s own to handle t3/4 linked servers. Players themselves do not know how populated their own server is unless they play 24/7 and have experienced every time zone to actually see it differently.

If you don’t want to play in t2 then stop crying about links? Maybe they didn’t want to make yet another t2 server out of yb so they didn’t get a link? Maybe YB already got it’s chance at higher tiers when they boosted their glicko and then dropped back down to t3 anyways?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I like that particular employee. Even has a habit of targeting our commander and siege burying him. So no, don’t skimp on the blueprints. I’ll remind everyone to throw them in unison.

It’s just a game bro.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Liston.9708

You keep crying YB is not full and has no link, yet they’re hanging well in t3 with servers that need 2-3 links to even compete with you. How about you finally open your eyes for a change, your server is big enough on it’s own to handle t3/4 linked servers. Players themselves do not know how populated their own server is unless they play 24/7 and have experienced every time zone to actually see it differently.

If you don’t want to play in t2 then stop crying about links? Maybe they didn’t want to make yet another t2 server out of yb so they didn’t get a link? Maybe YB already got it’s chance at higher tiers when they boosted their glicko and then dropped back down to t3 anyways?

when it makes any sense, i’ll stop complaining….

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

If it makes you feel better, when the Anet dev showed up on Mag bl, things were a little less great for him, we revenged for you!

Perhaps claiming keeps is an attempt to galvanise and stimulate opponents?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I think that is a good idea in a general sense. When a match is competitive knowing ANet is in there playing is a very good thing.

When a server is struggling against significantly more populated servers it probably isn’t a good time to mark an outmatched servers most prominent structure.

For context, YB was snaking Garri while DB was trying to stop a Mag zerg from taking its only T3 keep (Lowlands). While the EBG keep fell to Mag, ANet stamped Garri with their tag. This happened last week with SBI holding and making DBs Bay T3 with an Anet tag as well. It just felt like ANet was pouring on not trying to motivate.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Fridgemomo.3750

Fridgemomo.3750

I think that is a good idea in a general sense. When a match is competitive knowing ANet is in there playing is a very good thing.

When a server is struggling against significantly more populated servers it probably isn’t a good time to mark an outmatched servers most prominent structure.

For context, YB was snaking Garri while DB was trying to stop a Mag zerg from taking its only T3 keep (Lowlands). While the EBG keep fell to Mag, ANet stamped Garri with their tag. This happened last week with SBI holding and making DBs Bay T3 with an Anet tag as well. It just felt like ANet was pouring on not trying to motivate.

I was apart of the YB group that took your garri, how the heck are we supposed to know that another server is hitting your EBG keep. Shortly before we went for you garri we had been working on your bay for a while but Mag came behind us and killed us so we switched our attacking area to garri since we knew Mag was over by bay. Even with that Mag tried to come steal garri from us before we could cap it but was too slow. The reason why the Anet tag was put on the keep is because like other guilds they have upgraded their guild hall and have all the buffs, and the guild the dev was running with had the claim on hills that was being upgraded so he put the buffs on for us, not to rub it in your face. Also, when he puts the claim on things we know we are going to pull groups to come look for him so we usually get lots of fights out of it.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Ralith Arkane.8371

Ralith Arkane.8371

This is the biggest non-issue in history. It’s a guild that has no extra bonuses or benefits than any other guild. Also, not every dev that works on the game works on WvW. They are human beings and deserve to enjoy the game just like us. Y’all need to chill.

Yak’s Bend (NA) | Anne | Co-Leader of Angry Intent [AI]

Why should you never let a yak handle your paper clips? —Because Yak’s Bend!

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

So… The real solution is for ANet guild to become a zerg busting guild, and always play on the lowest server in a match-up, and beat up all the enemy groups. And never claim anything but the south camp in enemy borderlands ?

Honestly if I was employed at a game company, and the fans demanded that I stop playing the game, I’d probably stop working on the game as well.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

I like that particular employee. Even has a habit of targeting our commander and siege burying him. So no, don’t skimp on the blueprints. I’ll remind everyone to throw them in unison.

There is a link in my original post that will quell your desires.You only need to click it.
(This was done, since ANET has a bad habit of hijacking threads as of late.)

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

(edited by Tyyphoon.5301)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

There is a link in my original post that will quell your desires.You only need to click it.

Yea I saw that lol. I was trying to find my own but it was on the old computer.

Oh well, there’s always next time.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

There’s an achievement for killing an Anet tag you’re welcome and enjoy!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

Happened all last week from SBI as well.

Wait, wait WHAT?!! I only know of one dev that plays on SBI, and she barely EVER goes into WvW! I have seen her claim S camp once… and I promptly went to the BL it was on to tell her how much I loved her. We gotta encourage Anet people to play our game mode!! (ILY VIOLET! Play with us moar! <3)

As for the YB dev, he’s awesome. He was the one that I got my achievement from on both accounts!! He also is a gold rank… which means that he ACTUALLY PLAYS WVW. Could you imagine what WvW would be like if all Anet people were gold or higher rank??

(I totally get the frustration of seeing an Anet tag on your garri when you’re getting beaten really bad… the same guy claimed our hills and they had it T3 for like a day and a half with that tag staring back at us stubbornly. And I totally get that the real problem isn’t that the tag is there, but that you don’t have someone on your server also slapping an Anet tag on enemy structures.)

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s just a game bro.

This is forgotten by many far too often.

Oh noez! ANet plays their game sometimes! We can’t have them claiming things or existing, that hurts my special fuzzy feelings!

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I kind of think that it should be mandatory for every single server to have an ANet employee playing WvW for them at least 10 hours a week.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I kind of think that it should be mandatory for every single server to have an ANet employee playing WvW for them at least 10 hours a week.

1. There probably aren’t enough staff at Arenanet to do that, but on the other hand,
  2. The ones who remain are just making story, raids and maps anyway.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The WvW team rotate through the servers each week. The employees you see repping the anet guild are likely to be just staff playing in their spare time who can choose any server they like.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Well, as soon as we see a ANET tag on an enemy objective it becomes target number one.

I still think the ANET devs spend way too much time on the winning servers, but hey, they said there is no favoritism. The truth probably is that they have friends on those servers. I would like to see them on the losing end servers more often to see the other side of the coin and how the server population imbalance effects us. Not to mention the match-ups where #10 is up against #2 and #4 who both have 2 servers attached to them. Thus, 6 servers versus 2.

For what is is worth there seems to be one on CD. I’ve seen our hills and a few camps randomly claimed by anet in the name of CD. Though I’m unsure if it was the linked servers at the time.

So at least there’s someone potentially on CD experiencing the beat down week after week.

The way I see it, I get all the roaming fights I want though 75% of them the little scared thief runs away or the enemy blob shows up to ruin it.

Dtox

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

It is sad when DB map chat became excited because Mag was taking garri so we didn’t have to see that ANet tattoo on garri. This game breaks my heart sometimes and this week after the last one is certainly trying.

That’s really disheartening to hear. Correct me if I’m wrong about this, but the point here isn’t so much about whether or not developers can play or should play in WvW. I think you’d be hard pressed to find any active WvW player who DOESN’T want more developers to be active in the game mode. The trouble here is more on the PR-side. Doing something like this has terrible optics. Is that really how you want your organization, company in this instance, to be perceived? The answer is obvious.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

anet guild is fully upgraded why would not claim stuff with it XD

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

That’s really disheartening to hear. Correct me if I’m wrong about this, but the point here isn’t so much about whether or not developers can play or should play in WvW. I think you’d be hard pressed to find any active WvW player who DOESN’T want more developers to be active in the game mode. The trouble here is more on the PR-side. Doing something like this has terrible optics. Is that really how you want your organization, company in this instance, to be perceived? The answer is obvious.

Right, why not claim under another guild tag, you’re allow 5 guilds and hell…anet employees could have a non demoralizing guild name that’s fully upgraded in addition to the tag they run around “show casing”

Additionally, why, if they are “off clock” are they repping the company guild. Wouldn’t it be easier to be in the shadows then the spot light during your “casual” play.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Say someone invents a new sport that becomes largely popular. Said person doesn’t possess any super human powers nor do they have any influence over the rules or score. But said person is also not allowed to play the game they invented, because what ever team they choose to be on, the other team feels insulted.

How is that fair.

I understand how ANet claiming things can aggravate people but how many of us are adults here… I mean really, more people need to act like it. Their guild flag being on anything or them being on any servers doesn’t mean anything. It’s just people being offended for the sake of being offended.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Keep playing wvw Anet and keep claiming things!! Let them play and have some fun.

I for one am happy that anet devs/staff are playing wvw and experiencing the game mode first hand. By claiming objectives they are being visible and I think this is a good thing. We should be encouraging their play not bashing them for playing.

As I understand it, they play on a different server each week so its not like your server won’t get a turn and we all know that scoring means absolutely nothing at the end of the week.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

well dev in this forum that guys talking about is not part of WvW team he just a dude who like WvW.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

It’s just a game bro.

This is forgotten by many far too often.

Oh noez! ANet plays their game sometimes! We can’t have them claiming things or existing, that hurts my special fuzzy feelings!

Yea, they gotta handle everything with rubber gloves and stuff…. we got pve for that right?

In all seriousness, claiming is really just claiming. If the big guilds have already staked a claim on the map, it’s likely that it’s going to be related to whoever’s around. The person that claims may just see it as +5 supply but it gets percieved as LOLZ ALL UR BASE R BELONG TO US to others.

Too much symbolism attached. Remember that Anet tag /=/ GM and no they can’t spawn things out of thin air, everything has to be actually acquired in game.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

People are ovethinking this, that guy was just playing along and claimed for lols.

It sucks that you lost garrison while outmanned, and it sucks that Anet claimed it, but he was just 1 player among many – whether Anet claimed it or someone else did, you still lost your garri.

On the flip side, it’s great that Anet devs play WvW, and I would love to see more tags / claims, even a group raid like this, just for the comfort of knowing that Anet are here.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I’ve kicked a anet staff off my guild before if that helps, not because he did anything bad but just because he can’t rep at all since he is obligated to rep anet guild.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Claiming DB’s garri when their tick is less than 50 is just dee bagg ery.

Magumma has a strong poleplaying community.
the local dev is just staying in-character

Attachments:

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

People are ovethinking this, that guy was just playing along and claimed for lols.

It sucks that you lost garrison while outmanned, and it sucks that Anet claimed it, but he was just 1 player among many – whether Anet claimed it or someone else did, you still lost your garri.

On the flip side, it’s great that Anet devs play WvW, and I would love to see more tags / claims, even a group raid like this, just for the comfort of knowing that Anet are here.

this^…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I’ve kicked a anet staff off my guild before if that helps, not because he did anything bad but just because he can’t rep at all since he is obligated to rep anet guild.

But they’ve said they don’t need to rep the Anet guild…. and I’m sure other devs have been part of regular guilds…. so…

Anyways… first y’all complain anet doesn’t play wvw, then they do and use claims like everyone else and you get kittenhurt about it, make up your minds.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Straegen.2938

This is a post that came out of frustration. There is no fault as players were playing as we do and this post was QQ. The timing of that garri claim simply stung for me a bit more than usual.

I could (probably should) have turned GW2 off and went and played something else. Sadly though that is what so many of our fellow players have done only to not return. Expressing my raw frustration on the forums seemed better than simply quitting. In hindsight, I doubt I would post this again since it isn’t helpful nor was it cathartic.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Ok, seems there are a few concerns, so let me give some info here (with no slight intended for the OP or anyone else participating in this thread):

• We encourage our team members to play the game. Many of us do. This is a good thing for the game and for the community! This is good for every aspect of the game, from PvP, to WvW, to PvE, and beyond.
  • Sometimes playing the game in a competitive sense means.. you win! It doesn’t seem fair to suggest that a developer — who has absolutely no advantage on the live game — should back off, or intentionally take a dive, or move to a different server. After all, it’s likely they are and have been a participating member of a particular world for some time, and moving isn’t reasonable, nor is it required, nor should it be expected. I’m on a world that isn’t highly competitive, but I don’t find myself feeling the urge to move to a higher-ranked world. Conversely, if my world suddenly becomes competitive, I won’t be shuffling out of there to satisfy some edge-case expectation of me as a player or staff member.
  • No one is required to represent the ArenaNet guild. In fact, no one at the company is even required to join the Anet guild. Both are entirely voluntary. I rep other guilds, sometimes, but I rep Anet most of the time because that’s my choice. Other members of my team are not members of the guild at all. It’s very much an individual decision.
  • We don’t have a fully decked out guild hall if you mean in the decoration sense. You should have seen me scrambling to decorate for Wintersday. I’ve thought of taking up scribing to do more. Quite frankly, I feel we have a real dearth of decorations and going to other guilds’ halls to see how they decorate is always a treat for me, because they do it so well!
  • Did I mention ArenaNet playing ArenaNet’s game is a good thing?
Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I apologize for this thread because in no way should it have drawn an ANet response. There are a massive number of threads that actually do deserve a response and get none.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

My guess is that the ArenaNet tag has special meaning to players.

I am sure players love to see developers playing their own game,

but seeing the developer’s tag could be distracting to others.

Fire Water Air
FA

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

An Anet claimed objective is a target. It’s fun to see them, because you know it’s going to draw fights, because someone will want to take it out, and it’s an easy rallying cry… “take the Anet claimed thing!”

I’m pretty much always happy to see Anet tags, because they know exactly what happens when they put that target over their heads, and they do it anyway.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

I apologize for this thread because in no way should it have drawn an ANet response. There are a massive number of threads that actually do deserve a response and get none.

Ye, its mostly the useless stuff.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Ok, seems there are a few concerns, so let me give some info here (with no slight intended for the OP or anyone else participating in this thread):

• We encourage our team members to play the game. Many of us do. This is a good thing for the game and for the community! This is good for every aspect of the game, from PvP, to WvW, to PvE, and beyond.
  • Sometimes playing the game in a competitive sense means.. you win! It doesn’t seem fair to suggest that a developer — who has absolutely no advantage on the live game — should back off, or intentionally take a dive, or move to a different server. After all, it’s likely they are and have been a participating member of a particular world for some time, and moving isn’t reasonable, nor is it required, nor should it be expected. I’m on a world that isn’t highly competitive, but I don’t find myself feeling the urge to move to a higher-ranked world. Conversely, if my world suddenly becomes competitive, I won’t be shuffling out of there to satisfy some edge-case expectation of me as a player or staff member.
  • No one is required to represent the ArenaNet guild. In fact, no one at the company is even required to join the Anet guild. Both are entirely voluntary. I rep other guilds, sometimes, but I rep Anet most of the time because that’s my choice. Other members of my team are not members of the guild at all. It’s very much an individual decision.
  • We don’t have a fully decked out guild hall if you mean in the decoration sense. You should have seen me scrambling to decorate for Wintersday. I’ve thought of taking up scribing to do more. Quite frankly, I feel we have a real dearth of decorations and going to other guilds’ halls to see how they decorate is always a treat for me, because they do it so well!
  • Did I mention ArenaNet playing ArenaNet’s game is a good thing?

Thanks for the reply Gaile!

I do have a request… We want more devs playing because many of us really need the “Conquer the Creator” title. Can you make that happen?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I apologize for this thread because in no way should it have drawn an ANet response.

Actually, I think you brought up things that others may have wondered about. If you did not, then they arose in the thread from other forum members. I was happy to give the information that I could on the subject at hand.

Distracting, it’s true. Also, “target creating.” I’ve been there, done that, many, many times. If you’re wearing the flair, you’re going to be a target. There have been times I’ve spent more time taking dirt naps than contributing to a fight, and I even tell people when we party up that they should expect to carry my corpse if I’m tagged. It’s all good — we know it’s likely when we tag up. (Whisper: If I can be the distracting factor that leads to my team’s victory, it’s alll good. )

I do have a request… We want more devs playing because many of us really need the “Conquer the Creator” title. Can you make that happen?

Well, you know you’re going to have to beat us, right?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Liston.9708

old story that had a video from a few months ago outside fire keep. YB was fighting I believe SOS or JQ. Both sides had sizable numbers and an anet tag. Messages were sent. Anet tag v anet tag 1v1 with at least 40+ onlookers from both sides. We watched and had a jolly good time. When 1v1 was over the massive melee began.

The night would have never been as fun without that 1v1 while we all watched…..

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I apologize for this thread because in no way should it have drawn an ANet response.

Actually, I think you brought up things that others may have wondered about. If you did not, then they arose in the thread from other forum members. I was happy to give the information that I could on the subject at hand.

Distracting, it’s true. Also, “target creating.” I’ve been there, done that, many, many times. If you’re wearing the flair, you’re going to be a target. There have been times I’ve spent more time taking dirt naps than contributing to a fight, and I even tell people when we party up that they should expect to carry my corpse if I’m tagged. It’s all good — we know it’s likely when we tag up. (Whisper: If I can be the distracting factor that leads to my team’s victory, it’s alll good. )

Well, you know you’re going to have to beat us, right?

Yes, but you all have to actually be in there for that to be a possibility!

I’m sure the team can muster up rotating roaming groups and server hop to help us players out, right?

Just thought about something… Does that achievement only trigger when the anet tag is on?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: pointaction.4639

pointaction.4639

It would be nice to see ArenaNet Dev’s playing against each other in WvW once in a while.

For example

Current Match Up Dragonbrand – ArenaNet/Yaks Bend – ArenaNet/Maguuma – ArenaNet

This way it is not one sided and fair to everyone.

Just my thoughts. Thank you for looking into this.

The Dragon Core [DC]