Ability to duel in the new EB JP place?

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Now that they are adding a place for guild vs guilds, it would be nice if we had the option to duel our friends from our own sever.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Its called spvp

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Skigit.3715

Skigit.3715

Its called spvp

SPVP = completely different character than your WvW character. I have a WvW ranger build that uses melandru runes+-40% condi food in order to deal with condis. I cant duel my friend with that build in pvp.

Even the armor with the same name has different stats Knights = vitality in pvp Zerks gives +vit (lol wut?)

So please people stop saying “just go to spvp” that argument fails entirely for WvWers. for credible reasons. If they gave us a pvp lobby with all the possible WvW/PvE stats then that argument would make sense but as it stands telling people who PVE/WvW to go to spvp is almost like saying go play a different game.

in WvW

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Its called spvp

Getting REALLY tired of these responses everytime dueling is brought up!

When will people realize that sPvP gear, stats, stats combinations =/= PvE gear, stats combinations, food, runes, STATS, STATS STATS.

I wish I could duel people, period. I want to duel them outside CoF, outside of Arah, in Queensdale, in Frostgorge, or just about anywhere I find someone who doesnt have their “do not duel me” tag unchecked!

Is that too much ask…… from a MMO?! Something that has been in every. single. MMO. outthere!! It still baffles me why we still dont have this!

We already have “instrument volume”, just add a box for those who dont want to duel;

“automatically reject any duels”

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet wants to force you to go to sPvP for this because they still hold out hope that sPvP will become popular and become an esport — so they do as much as possible to push WvW players into sPvP. Just look at the bloodlust area — it feels just like an sPvP map (which is why it’s turn out to be a massive failure — at least in the matches I’ve been involved in).

in WvW

clint.5681

You wont be able to duel your server mates any other way. Now you can get mad at me and hope that one day ANET will fulfill your illogical request, or you can go to sPVP.

If you are serious about showing off your SKILL against someone and not how much unbalanced gear/effects you can stack on your character, you will go fight in sPVP.

Im sure there are plenty of us that wish their was a simple duel option but its not happening. Yes everyone stat combination isnt available in spvp, get over it.

I play WvW/sPVP so what are these “creditable reasons” that fails the sPvP argument for me?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

You wont be able to duel your server mates any other way. Now you can get mad at me and hope that one day ANET will fulfill your illogical request, or you can go to sPVP.

If you are serious about showing off your SKILL against someone and not how much unbalanced gear/effects you can stack on your character, you will go fight in sPVP.

Im sure there are plenty of us that wish their was a simple duel option but its not happening. Yes everyone stat combination isnt available in spvp, get over it.

I play WvW/sPVP so what are these “creditable reasons” that fails the sPvP argument for me?

I can’t imagine every person that wants to duel just wants to “show off.” That’s incredibly disingenuous. My main reason to duel is for “fun” but also it would be good practice. If i wanted to “show off” i would go to WvW and wreck newbies.

In an interview, one of the devs acknowledged that you can duel at the moment in sPvP with a custom match but also said they would like to add dueling at some point in the future.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: Disagree. WvW is about fighting people from other servers. Dueling people from your own server has no place in this game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

@OP: Disagree. WvW is about fighting people from other servers. Dueling people from your own server has no place in this game mode.

I agree that dueling has no place in WvW. With limited slots available to participate in WvW, i’d hate to be in queue because a bunch of people are dueling and not helping their server.

That being said, the EB JP or overflow WvW servers that are being implemented are acceptable places for duels, because you are not taking up a spot that would otherwise be used to help your server progress in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

You do know that they added this whole new area to the EB jumping puzzle (separate from WvW servers) so that guilds can GvG right? OP is asking for the ability to duel friends on the same server in an area which doesn’t affect WvW.

Dueling is something that should have been added from the beginning. It’s a good way to test out WvW builds against each other. Boring amulet PvP duels are not the answer.

They can just implement it similar to joining a party or being in a costume brawl and making it so the players that initiate it can only hurt each other. For those bad players who are afraid of dueling, all they need to do is add in an option in your settings to ignore duel requests.

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Its called spvp

Pls stop comparing sPvP to GvG, they aren’t even close to each other

in WvW

clint.5681

Its called spvp

Pls stop comparing sPvP to GvG, they aren’t even close to each other

No one compared spvp to GvG please learn how to read.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

when people want to test their WvW builds they should be able to with the same gear/food.
Spvp is not the solution for this since it used the amulet system which limits our builds.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I would love the option to walk up to anyone out in the pve world and ask them to a friendly duel. no actual killing or broken armor but straight up pve/wvw gear my build vs your build type stuff. Have the ability to turn off the duel option so you won’t get spammed with requests all the time. I think it would also help the pve crowd dip their toes in pvp gameplay which would possibly bring more players into wvw and spvp. could be really cool.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

It would be fun to be able to watch people duel and talk about it in chat.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I think it would also be fun to have some duels where you had to fight someone of your own class. That would be a hoot.

For the Toast!