Ability to normalize Ascended to Exotic?

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Q:

I am curious if the reason they are allowing Ascended gear levels into WvWvW is because they don’t have the tech to normalize the gear to exotic levels? I thought they might be able to do so with their level scaling system, but perhaps I am wrong?

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Ascended is another tier of attainable gear. Down-statting it to exotic would be like down-statting exotic to rare. Doesn’t make sense. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Actually it makes perfect sense to keep the top tier stats where it is for people who PvP (skill/gear)….but the locust, min/maxers and crappy players I’m sure will disagree.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

No, it makes sense because of the difference in what you can do between Rare -> Exotic -> Ascended. It also matters because of major differences in ease of attainment. Exotics you can multi-build, but Ascended is not designed for players who play alts or switch between multiple builds. In order to retain that build diversity in WvWvW, a normalizing to exotics would be best.

To further explain gear level differences: You can’t run an a perplexity build in Rares. It’s simply not possible. You can run a perplexity-based build in Exotics. Ascended armor will likely also have the runes included, so you can run it in Ascended. You do get extra tweaks with Ascended like guard damage, power, and such via the infusion slots.

It’’s not just power to power, but ease of access and modification possibilities. Exotic is the sweet spot for all elements.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

(edited by etiolate.9185)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

They just need to make ascended gear drop more often in wvw, make it sellable on the tp, and make it purchasable for badges. Why the hell should I have to craft better gear? Let me kill people and use my badges to get better gear so I can kill more people even faster!

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

wvw isnt meant to be fair

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions