About T1

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Pinka.4385

Pinka.4385

Please “fix” the EU T1.. its pointless to play since we apparently decided to give up and drop T2.. all hail the superior french, i quess you won the first guild wars world war!!
borderlands is mostly emty for ally players and EB is just a mess with commanders fooling around trying to annoy and have fun but its useless, like our tactics ^.-

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Ummm what?

As an SoR player and former BG player I can say that the only real issue with T1 is how much JQ outmans the other two servers and after weeks and weeks of having no chance of competing for the top spot due to coverage it’s making WvW incredibly boring.

I’d be fine with the coverage in this game if it wasn’t such a huge deciding factor. The only thing that really changes the scores is if one server plays for days straight or gain new guilds or others lose them. It’s a shame really.

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

He’s talking about EU T1, you’re talking about NA T1.
Compare:
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Although US t1 becomes unbalanced overnight with JQ’s coverage, the situation is much worse in terms of balancing, obviously, in EU.
http://i.imgur.com/CMOlMBL.png seems pretty unbalanced to me.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

(edited by Raptured.9307)

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Problem is that PUGs go play www. Viz enjoy when they win 60 vs 5 fight. Main thing should be make viz so bored that PvD farmers go farm in orr.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Pinka.4385

Pinka.4385

I think the overnight thing could be fixed with a daily reset and a seperate wvw daily where you get the reward @ reset and it should variy on placement..

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Please “fix” the EU T1.. its pointless to play since we apparently decided to give up and drop T2.. all hail the superior french, i quess you won the first guild wars world war!!
borderlands is mostly emty for ally players and EB is just a mess with commanders fooling around trying to annoy and have fun but its useless, like our tactics ^.-

So after 3 weeks of unbalanced match ups in T1 you demand that Anet “fixes” the mess you got yourself into?

They should screw over all tiers below you because you just decided to give up?
I play on Ring of Fire, T7 for the last 2 months or so and we just went down to T8 this reset.
In T7, matchups were pretty even at the weekend and during prime time at weekdays but in the end, night- and morningtime coverage and wvw population differences between all 3 servers usually resulted in us getting 80k-150k points less than the winner.
In T8, even though the weekend is a little bit more tighter, i guess we will win this match up by 80k-150k. But we will get those points in off-peak hours and because we will have SM for the most part of the week.
How come that I am having fun, week in week out, even though I am getting pummeled point-wise?
Did you ever wonder, how Vabbi must feel about their population imbalance in their Tier?
If you decide to give up and go down to T2, what is there to fix for Anet? Why open a new thread for a topic that already exists without having to contribute anything constructive?

Close this thread please.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: VicisPatronus.5418

VicisPatronus.5418

Didn’t seafarers dominate for a few weeks recently? Maybe the reason why they’re not is because so many guilds are leaving?

Commander for [MM] on Gunnars Hold

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

Didn’t seafarers dominate for a few weeks recently? Maybe the reason why they’re not is because so many guilds are leaving?

What happened was that SFR decided to get together with a few guilds from Piken and try and compete with Vizunah in t1. The Piken transfers basically made the server what I would call ‘Full’ in terms of WvW population. There were up to 1h queues during primetime. This was basically very bad but tolerable as it was the cost of being able to fight with Vizunah.

Then some time ago, Arena Net decided to open free transfers to Medium servers. At that time SFR was (and still is) a Medium server. It was also the ranked N1 server in server rankings and won t1 4 times in a row when this happened. As you can imagine many people were lured to join such a server for free. I am not talking about guilds or dedicated players joining at this point, but the kind of players that want to try what wvw is like in t1, what the N1 server is like, be on a winning server etc.

This caused from 2h to 3h queues during primetime. This was unacceptable because playing the game is more important than winning a matchup, and it was a reason enough to leave. Furthermore the strategy SFR had that was based around primetime domination and partial coverage before and after it by guilds fell to pieces, because the guilds couldn’t play. They entered the game at basically 23:00pm and became the nightcap instead of playing the game at normal times. So the last week SFR won was due to the coverage from 23:00 to 02:00 and from 14:00 to 19:00, because guilds made the extra effort and played in the time windows when they didn’t have to queue instead, in hope that the queues would eventually decrease. They didn’t people became sick off the queues and left to lower populated servers.

The fact that some of these guild left due to queues triggered a domino effect. PvE players from Vizunah didn’t get as much resistance anymore and flooded the WvW lakes more than before for some easy XP and Karma to level up. More SFR ‘primetime’ guilds left because their strategy was unplayable with queues and few guilds. Without guilds on SFR to resist Vizunah the matchup balance went to hell. This lead to Desolation guilds beoming bored because they only had the Vizunah 100-man ball to fight and not actual guild opponents to fight. Hence the population solution of free transfers to medium servers effectively lead to a collapse of the balance in t1.

And no, if you are suggesting people should stay on a server where they HAD to queue for 2-3 hours in order to play DURING THEIR PRIMETIME then I disagree, they should leave. The fact that the queues have disappeared since due to the PuG snowballing effect and ppl not playing because their server isn’t winning doesn’t change that fact.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Reasons why vizu wins:

1) Language communities are easier to build.
2) On top of that they have the luck of having some of the most skilled community builders around. I’ll challenge you to beat Troma in this regard. Making pictures/sites/movies just to encourage a server.
3) morning capping.
4) Bandwagon people, i still have friends in the server (lower tires) I joined before, and those lost a lot of people. Almost every server is loosing people. People are bored of wvw. The only server NOT loosing people is vizunah. 3 weeks ago they did not even have half of the people they have now. So basically (they never admit it, but we know it’s true) they got a huge influx of bandwagoning.
5) Pvdoor (just hitting doors, no players), gives to much reward, for the effort, making the vizunah ‘no-sleep-zombies’ more motivated to keep on degrading t3 towers to t1.
6) headstart with t3 towers every day, when other server have to rebuild them (morning pvdooring)
7) The french seem more focussed then any server i’ve ever seen on point. When SFR it was actually fun because vizu didn’t hide in towers. They actualy often did suidice runs just to safe a tower/point for point tick. Now they just sit in towers because pvdooring does all the work for them.

At the same time this give this to enemy servers:

1) Anet made massive mistake, making sfr free to transfer server (medium pop), during that action. All the cheap players transferred there. They ATE the queue of the more skilled guilds. And i must admit, SFR suddenly became less organized and easier to kill. Vizunah can thank Anet for making it easier for them. Many good guilds left.
2) Desolation have very good motivation, but the always ‘just not, just below, still underdog’ feeling, slowly began to demoralize. When the SFR nerf came in (Anet influx of pugs, free transfers), the game totally blown out of the water, giving desolation no chance at all. Influx of leavers. We wanted to drop for 4 weeks. The condition of many guilds was ‘drop or we leave’. We lost them because of the system. Being fed up with vizunah and yet being locked into a prison with vizunah is demoralizing desolation to hell now.

Who’s at fault? Anet for not caring about the most fun part of their game (wvw). Pvdooring not punished enough. Zerging by pressing button one (and i state ONLY), there was confusion counter to it, but now even that is not nerfed.

What’s the conclusion? Anet changed the game that way that Everything vizunah likes is boosted, and everything the opponents like is NERFED. Vizunah will have a free ride for YEARS now, and every server fighting them, will have a nightmare week.

Symptoms that need fixing? Morning pvdooring should NEVER EVER yield as much points as in peak hours. NO WAY. The karma/exp/gold alone is much higher then in peak hour. THAT alone is enough intend. Don’t give it even more intend by overpowering +500 easy point ticks. It’s plain wrong Anet. Play for a weak against vizunah square and you’ll know.

Mindless zerging should be nerfed. Arrow cart stacking should be nerfed (max of 2 withing 3k range).

And stop making people leave the game. Every server but vizunah is a casualty of players leaving game/wvw.

Why they leave?

Wxp update not that good
Profession nerfs that kill builds
Overpowering servers, that in no way can be defeated (demoralizing)
Even worse, the loosing server realizes this, WANTS TO DROP, and can’t.
Because of the crappy glicko system.
Being locked with overpowering enemy slowly demoralizes, and in the end you destroy communities. Desolation lost 15 guilds so far because you locked us in t1 with a too strong enemy.
Resulst, we are weaker, vizunah is stronger, and the system STILL doesn’t allow us to drop. STILL, STILLLLLLLLLLLLL. C’mon anet wake up.

When i have to do work on computer, there’s two realities. There’s the errors I make, and there’s the screen I look at where everything is perfect. If you type errors, and look for them on computer screen, your brain FIXES them for you before you realize them, never seeing them. Anet is suffering from this.

The issues are RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU. No the Guild Wars Paradise ain’t there yet, it aint perfect yet. The errors are still there begging for you to be fixed in a proper way (tested, unlike confusion nerf).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

Consider the absence of players from SFR in T1 a protest. Vizz’ll love it tho – more doors to fight. never happier than when its just doors.

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

He’s talking about EU T1, you’re talking about NA T1.
Compare:
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Although US t1 becomes unbalanced overnight with JQ’s coverage, the situation is much worse in terms of balancing, obviously, in EU.
http://i.imgur.com/CMOlMBL.png seems pretty unbalanced to me.

Whoops… completely forgot there was EU servers and that we shared the same forums.

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

We, or should I say former SFR guilds, dominated for 5 straight weeks and we would have kept that going for more. But as others have said Anet decision to open free transfers to a T1 server completely killed the server.

RP enthusiast

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Stefan.9360

Stefan.9360

Most people are already left the game. Without players or big changes in algorithms for WvWvW the game is continue to dying.

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

What would the people do in Viz if only time for wxp/karma was on reset.. and then rest of week is nothing since its all green? This is just a question since it interests me since I just play WvW (not in T1)and if i had nothing to do when I logged in, id prob log back out or start looking for a server that I could actually play in.
I cant imagine how horrible it is for those 2 servers atm but once SFR and /or Desolation fall then what happens to the next lot of servers to take 2nd and 3rd slot? Is it just rinse and repeat, everyone playing not to get to T1?

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

That day Missy vizunah will die. I could only dream of a week where everyone says ‘nope, we lay down our weapons, you get no more pvdoor vizunah’. It would utterly destroy the reason for the existance of vizunah Square (at least the mindless pugs).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Maybe it’s time Anet adds some world buff for those servers in a tier that are “out coveraged”. If they could make it so a T1 could have a competitive match with a T8-T9 server, then you wouldn’t see the stagnant matches we have now.

Another idea is to handicap the winners of T1 that have weeks and weeks of victories. If Anet’s goal is to spread the WvW population evenly across all servers then throw the Nerf bat at those servers that dominate week after week after week.

How about an alliance/treaty feature for WvW?

About T1

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

I and a lot of other people have been saying for months that nightcapping must be fixed if WvW is ever to become competitive, fair and sustainable (see the suggestion in my signature), currently it’s neither casual nor hardcore, it builds communities/servers and then destroys them.

Anet ignored and many (me included) have already jumped ship and stopped playing, more will follow. Imo they deserve this to happen to their game.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013