About WvW match ups

About WvW match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Lin Siniang.9460

Lin Siniang.9460

(sorry for bad english)

i was wondering how does Anet chose who they match server with for WvW cause right now i dont think its very well balanced nor Faire… i look at the match up this week (Darkhaven Rank 12 matched up with Ferguson’s Crossing ranked 16) VS (Henge of Denravi ranked 10 matched up with Ehmry Bay ranked 11) and (Northern Shiverpeaks ranked 13 matched up with Sorrow’s Furnace ranked 15)

so how do you see balance here ? explain to me cause i dont get it how are you picking server Merges for WvW

About WvW match ups

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I have a feeling you are asking 2 different questions:

1 – how are servers matched each week
2 – how are servers picked for linking

The second question is easier so let’s start with that. For NA Anet picked servers for linking based on last ranking before the new WvW beta started. Server at rank 24 was linked to server at rank 1, 23 with 2, 22 with 3 etc rank 13 was linked with rank 12. Until there was 12 servers left. It was not based on server population, just the rank.

Now to question 1. Well, the rank of smaller linked servers is irrelevant now (not sure if it even exists anymore). Matches are picked from host server rank only, so 10-11-12. There is sometimes randomness too, you could go one tier up or down for some week.

Anyway, that is how I understand their system

About WvW match ups

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

You need to mix up the match ups a lot more. Things are gonna get stale real quick

Native Maguuman

About WvW match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You need to mix up the match ups a lot more. Things are gonna get stale real quick

They tried that with the Swiss tournaments and people flipped out.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

About WvW match ups

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The problem with the Dev intervention that we’re experiencing now to “mix things up” is that it makes trying and subsequently caring, futile. Why care to do well if the Dev’s will just take it away?

Right now EotM is more interesting as those are a complete grab bag of players.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.