About camping in the JP (EB especially)

in WvW

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

Personally, I’ve never camped the JP because I have so many other things I can do that I feel would be more productive. However, have most of you that have complained about being killed/camped tried teaming up with “enemy” players?

I had never thought of doing it before someone from an enemy server PMed me the other day. We then started a party with a few other “enemy” players and ended up being able to overcome the campers at the beast pit.

We ended up with several people up top from all three servers getting along. So if you’re being camped in the JP, try talking to people. Not everyone from enemy servers is an kitten, and you’d be surprised by the amount of people that just want to finish the puzzle and get on with their gameplay.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Dredlockrasta.8269

Dredlockrasta.8269

Screw that, I camp that puzzle all the time. If they are red, they are dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

The beast pit is hardly an issue with camping.. It’s that stupid towerlike climb that comes waaaaaaaay before that. Where you have to climb on the inside of some sort of well. If you have no enemies beyond that point and there are 4 people up there with AoE capability you are screwed. Today for instance there was a group of player camping that spot and it had gotten to the point where they built 3 arrow carts that were constantly firing down into that pit.

Getting damaged means the invis wears off after that its just them picking you off one by one. You will get hit by the first AoE’s (be that arrow carts or something else) about half way up the climb and you simply will not make it up there with 4/5 people being able to stand there and blast your kitten back to last christmas.

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

you’d be surprised by the amount of people that just want to finish the puzzle and get on with their gameplay.

… and they have dozens of PvE zones to do so. Allowing the other server to grab a bunch of siege blueprints for free is generally not a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The puzzles should be removed. Why should people expect to get free stuff in a PVP zone?

Waste of time and waste of a PVP slot for a player not helping his team. There is only one print worth the time of the puzzle and that is the Alpha Golem, everything else is so cheap you can farm up more silver and gold in PVE than it takes to buy the prints you get from the puzzles in the time it takes to run them.

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

The puzzles should be removed. Why should people expect to get free stuff in a PVP zone?

Waste of time and waste of a PVP slot for a player not helping his team. There is only one print worth the time of the puzzle and that is the Alpha Golem, everything else is so cheap you can farm up more silver and gold in PVE than it takes to buy the prints you get from the puzzles in the time it takes to run them.

I agree with Pendragon, siege prices should be increased so it is no longer viable to PvE for them.

in WvW

Posted by: kokuou.9537

kokuou.9537

Hey, that’s me (Shea) in that photo! xD

in WvW

Posted by: Ranc.7192

Ranc.7192

Shut up with all the “Im stopping them from geting siege”

I troll and camp the JP all the time……..and it isnt to prevent the enemy from geting siege, I do it because it is funny and easy.

That 15 silver worth of siege is really important…………lmao

Rexir-80 Guardian
Guild- [EMP]
Server-Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

lol next time I go there and there are ppl standing at the waterfall waiting for ppl to drop with partial health, I will totally whisper them and say – can we be friends.

It’s obvious their intentions. I just don’t try that place at all. That’s right, I have never completed the jumping puzzle 1 time and I don’t need it to get siege weapons. Anyone camping and waiting on me, you just keep doing that and stay off the battlefield. You are 1 less person attacking me.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

This is exactly why they disabled cross server communication because people become carebears.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I see enemy mesmers camping the dome and dark room, like killing one person every 10 minutes is worth it instead of porting their own team mates up, I get past the campers then port my server up.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

lol there is nothing in the game that brings me more enjoyment than the wvw jumping puzzles. I love an unfair fight…I love overcoming bad odds stacked against me…I love 1v2, 1v3 in there.

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Personally, I’m not particularly bothered by this scene. If who I think was camping the puzzle (from JQ side) was, in fact, the camping force… I say more power to the coalition.

There are occasionally guild events with portal support where people rotate through all their toons and complete the puzzle; however, usually that is get in, get out.

Recently a Puzzle “Commander” has emerged with a particularly nasty, anti-WvW spirit and a vitriolic disposition in chat. He seems to think the game is all about owning the puzzle — at the expense of everything else.

Burn him out… even if it takes all three servers working in collaboration… he is a cancer and should be excised without mercy.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravien.4823

Ravien.4823

I’ve gotten past campers at the beast room before by working together with the 3rd server (no communication) and using a thief’s aoe stealth skills to remain stealthed long enough to get up there.

They might have had an arrow cart, but one arrow cart won’t stop ~10 people from reaching the top, especially when half of them are stealthed by a thief (doesn’t break on damage) and have swiftness to make the jumps in combat.

Of course, 1 measly arrow cart isn’t comparable to what they could have been using to camp with.